Famous Quotes About Heritage
Browse 219 famous quotes and sayings about Heritage.
Top Quotes About Heritage
151. "The creation of Physics is the shared heritage of all mankind. East and West, North and South have equally participated in it."
Author: Abdus Salam
152. "Scientific thought and its creation is the common and shared heritage of mankind."
Author: Abdus Salam
153. "I am by heritage a Jew, by citizenship a Swiss, and by makeup a human being, and only a human being, without any special attachment to any state or national entity whatsoever."
Author: Albert Einstein
154. "Organized Christianity has always represented immortality as a sort of common heritage; but I never could see why spiritual life should not be conditioned on the same terms as all life, i. e., correspondence with environment."
Author: Albert J. Nock
155. "Nothing could assuage the secular grief that was your heritage."
Author: Aldous Huxley
156. "The name of 'reform' simply covers what is latently a process of the theft of the national heritage."
Author: Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn
157. "If you are wasting time and energy trying to be as much like everyone else as you can, you are throwing away something precious: your individuality. When you embrace your difference, your DNA, your look or heritage or religion or your unusual name, that's when you start to shine."
Author: Bethenny Frankel
158. "In Isaiah 54:17 the Holy Spirit says, "No weapon that is formed against thee shall prosper; and every tongue that shall rise against you in judgment you shall condemn. This is the heritage of the servants of the Lord, and their righteousness is of me, saith the Lord."It's clear in this verse why no weapon that forms against us will prosper. It's because of the righteousness of the Lord! Christ's righteousness has been imputed unto us by grace through faith. The Holy Spirit calls this our heritage. Praise God! Truly, whom the Son sets free, is free indeed! The enemy cannot condemn you if you are established in Christ's righteousness."
Author: Brian Williams
159. "We have to preserve it and use it sustainably. And the short-term use of resources at the destruction of the long-term heritage of this country is not a policy that we can pursue."
Author: Bruce Babbitt
160. "The Cosmos extends, for all practical purposes, forever. After a brief sedentary hiatus, we are resuming our ancient nomadic way of life. Our remote descendants, safely arrayed on many worlds throughout the Solar System and beyond, will be unified by their common heritage, by their regard for their home planet, and by the knowledge that, whatever other life may be, the only humans in all the Universe come from Earth. They will gaze up and strain to find the blue dot in their skies. They will love it no less for its obscurity and fragility. They will marvel at how vulnerable the repository of all our potential once was, how perilous our infancy, how humble our beginnings, how many rivers we had to cross before we found our way."
Author: Carl Sagan
161. "Italy advocates the adoption of a legal instrument on cultural diversity, guaranteeing every country the protection of its own historical identity and the uniqueness of its physical and intangible cultural heritage."
Author: Carlo Azeglio Ciampi
162. "No. It is said that the Nephilim are the children of men and angels. All that this angelic heritage has given to us is a longer distance to fall."
Author: Cassandra Clare
163. "My most memorable meal is every Thanksgiving. I love the food: the turkey and stuffing; the sweet potatoes and rice, which come from my mother's Southern heritage; the mashed potatoes, which come from my wife's Midwestern roots; the Campbell's green-bean casserole; and of course, pumpkin pie."
Author: Douglas Conant
164. "In any nation but the USA, it is taken for granted that a man of distinction, ability, wealth or power will keep a mistress and a few girlfriends on the side. Only in America, still suffering from its grotesque, hypocritical Puritan heritage, do we persist in attempting to deny and repeal a million years of basic primate biology."
Author: Edward Abbey
165. "The countless number of influential figures in American history who are of Caribbean heritage indicates the need to set aside a designated time to celebrate their contribution to our country."
Author: Eliot Engel
166. "The grass is full of ghosts tonight.' 'The whole campus is alive with them.' They paused by Little and watched the moon rise, to make silver of the slate roof of Dodd and blue the rustling trees. 'You know,' whispered Tom, 'what we feel now is the sense of all the gorgeous youth that has rioted through here in two hundred years.' ...And what we leave here is more than class; it's the whole heritage of youth. We're just one generation-- we're breaking all the links that seemed to bind us her to top-booted and high-stocked generations. We've walked arm and arm with Burr and Light-Horse Harry Lee through half these deep-blue nights.' 'That's what they are,' Tom tangented off, 'deep-blue-- a bit of color would spoil them, make them exotic.' Spries, against a sky that's a promise of dawn, and blue light on the slate roofs-- it hurts... rather--' 'Good-by, Aaron Burr,' Amory called toward deserted Nassau Hall, 'you and I knew strange corners of life."
Author: F. Scott Fitzgerald
167. "On the one hand, she is cut off from the protection awarded to her sisters abroad; on the other, she has no such power to defend her interests at the polls, as is the heritage of her brothers at home."
Author: Florence Kelley
168. "That mountain there! That cloud there! What is 'real' about those? Try taking away the phantasm and the entire humancontribution, you sober realists! Yes, if only you could do that! If you could forget your heritage, your past, your training – your entire humanity and animality! For us there is no 'reality' – nor for you either, you sober ones."
Author: Friedrich Nietzsche
169. "As Adam lost the heritage of union with God in a garden, so now Our Blessed Lord ushered in its restoration in a garden. Eden and Gethsemane were the two gardens around which revolved the fate of humanity. In Eden, Adam sinned; in Gethsemane, Christ took humanity's sin upon Himself. In Eden, Adam hid himself from God; in Gethsemane, Christ interceded with His Father; in Eden, God sought out Adam in his sin of rebellion; in Gethsemane, the New Adam sought out the Father and His submission and resignation. In Eden, a sword was drawn to prevent entrance into the garden and thus immortalizing of evil; in Gethsemane, the sword would be sheathed."
Author: Fulton J. Sheen
170. "Conversations between parents and kids are important - about race issues, about all kinds of things, about heritage."
Author: Garcelle Beauvais
171. "Heritage Action is a self-interested fundraising organization led by a former Giuliani staffer who is not taking counsel from real conservatives... It is a worthless organization to the conservative movement. I'll be the first to say that."
Author: Geoff Davis
172. "The Ohio State University has a rich - if quiet - heritage of the arts."
Author: Gordon Gee
173. "Wrangling about precisely what constitutes genuine philosophy, proper philosophical practice, method, and aims is an important part of modern philosophy's content and heritage"
Author: Gregory B. Sadler
174. "If we are constantly aware of the seeds of divinity in us, it willhelp us rise above earthly challenges and difficulties. Brigham Young said:'When I look upon the faces of intelligent beings I look upon the imageof the God I serve. There are none but what have a certain portion ofdivinity within them; and though we are clothed with bodies which are inthe image of our God, yet this mortality shrinks before that portion ofdivinity which we inherit from our Father' (Discourses of BrighamYoung, sel. John A. Widtsoe , 168). Being aware of our divineheritage will help men young and old to grow and magnify the divinity whichis within them and within all of us."
Author: James E. Faust
175. "I wanted to acknowledge my U.S. heritage and to belong to it more closely. Having said that, I am certainly British by formation and education and readily think of London as home. I had never lived in the U.S. till 2007."
Author: Jamie Bamber
176. "But let us not forget that human love and compassion are equally deeply rooted in our primate heritage, and in this sphere too our sensibilities are of a higher order of magnitude than those of chimpanzees."
Author: Jane Goodall
177. "The south is very focused on family... the musical heritage of Muscle Shoals especially and the bands from the region."
Author: Jason Isbell
178. "Humanity suffers terribly from the demons it has created over lengths of time. we learn from nothing that we do. we create religions, heritage, race, traditions, then they all in turn become our stumbling blocks from becoming one. we suffer from the creations of our own inability to interpret history. the only thing we have succeded on is seperation.we are not that different from one another as we think we are. but we are too corrupted to break our deconstruction."
Author: Jeffrey Fischer
179. "If we wish to understand why, as humans, we often act in certain predictable ways (and particularly if there is a desire or need to change these behavioral responses), we can remember our animal heritage and look for the possible releasers that seem to stimulate our fixed-action patterns."
Author: John Brockman
180. "F. Franklin the Fourth has a job with a firm rich in heritage, money and pretentiousness, a firm vastly superior to Brodnax and Speer. His sidekicks at the moment are W. Harper Whittenson, an arrogant little snot who will, thankfully, leave Memphis and practice with a mega-firm in Dallas; J. Townsend Gross, who has accepted a position with another huge firm; and James Straybeck, a sometimes friendly sort who's suffered three years of law school without an initial to place before his name or numerals to stick after it. With such a short name, his future as a big-firm lawyer is in jeopardy. I doubt if he'll make it."
Author: John Grisham
181. "I can see why many Southerners, black ones in particular, don't like the implication that Southernness and the Confederate heritage are one and the same, because they're not. On the other hand, there are people who want to extirpate that completely and want folks to spit on the graves of their ancestors."
Author: John Shelton Reed
182. "We all have that heritage, no matter what old land our fathers left. All colors and blends of Americans have somewhat the same tendencies. It's a breed - selected out by accident. And so we're overbrave and overfearful - we're kind and cruel as children. We're overfriendly and at the same time frightened of strangers. We boast and are impressed. We're oversentimental and realistic. We are mundane and materialistic - and do you know of any other nation that acts for ideals? We eat too much. We have no taste, no sense of proportion. We throw our energy about like waste. In the old lands they say of us that we go from barbarism to decadence without an intervening culture. Can it be that our critics have not the key or the language of our culture."
Author: John Steinbeck
183. "These memories are part of my heritage, the fabric of my personality, and as real to me as the land itself."
Author: Karen Jones Gowen
184. "The musical heritage of Yorkshire is deep and wide."
Author: Lesley Garrett
185. "...apparently "London" gave out my address! that's what they're saying...not just London, though! Brazzaville, too!...and said that I'm a dirty pornographer...a letch besides being the most despicable traitor of the century!...I'd make a urinal blush! that what we need is to cleanse France and the French language of this smut-writing, demoralizing, grammaclast who's sullying our sacred homeland and its literary heritage!"
Author: Louis Ferdinand Céline
186. "A true love can cross through your legacy and heritage."
Author: M.F. Moonzajer
187. "We need to broaden our sympathies both in space and time - and perceive ourselves as part of a long heritage, and stewards for an immense future."
Author: Martin Rees
188. "The estate tax punishes years of hard work and robs families of part of their heritage by imposing a huge penalty on inheritance after death - a tax on money that has already been taxed."
Author: Mike Fitzpatrick
189. "Because of my Portuguese heritage, I have an interest in all of the instrumentation that comes from Portugal and Brazil as well."
Author: Nelly Furtado
190. "Heritage was everything: it was a golden skeleton key, gleaming with power, able to get the wielder through any number of locked doors; it was the christening of the marriage bed with virgin blood on snow-white sheets; it was the benediction of a pristine pedigree, refined through ages of selective breeding and the occasional mercy culling.It was life, and death, and all that spanned between.It was his birthright."
Author: Nenia Campbell
191. "Glancing up at Jude, I found him looking at me, staring at me like he couldn't help it. Maybe that's because I could have updated my heritage status from Caucasian to Tomato Red."
Author: Nicole Williams
192. "Anderson takes a shuddering breath, forcing away the memories. She is the opposite of the invasive plagues he fights every day. A hothouse flower, dropped into a world too harsh for her delicate heritage. It seems unlikely that she will survive for long. Not in this climate. Not with these people. Perhaps it was that vulnerability that moved him, her pretended strength when she had nothing at all."
Author: Paolo Bacigalupi
193. "Most observers understand the difference between a committed Christian who accepts Jesus as a model for living and a 'cultural Christian' who happens to live in a nation with a Christian heritage. Most Muslims do not."
Author: Philip Yancey
194. "I get grumpy about the innate conservatism of our tastes; I love bold theatre, and I get annoyed when a heritage piece is really successful."
Author: Romola Garai
195. "I have you – a god of mixed heritage – on an expedition that could unleash the Destroyer from her hole. Arikos, another god, on the same team who is masquerading as a human. The demigod Solin, who I have to ride herd on constantly anyway, who gave them their permits. Megeara, a human who is sensitive and subjective to the voices of the gods. And the pissed-off goddess, Apollymi, who will do anything to be free, and once free wouldn't hesitate to destroy every one of us. I can't imagine why I'm concerned over this, can you? (ZT)"
Author: Sherrilyn Kenyon
196. "You know, my whole life I've taken pride in the fact that I'm Greek. But I have to say that after you and Artemis, I'm seriously beginning to hate some of my heritage. Is it congenital or is there something else that has made you such a bitch? (Tory)"
Author: Sherrilyn Kenyon
197. "I was raised Jewish, my wife was raised Catholic. Though we respect each other's heritage, and while many of our friends are deeply religious, we have chosen to focus on our similarities, not our differences. We teach our children compassion, charity, honesty and the benefits of hard work."
Author: Steven Levitan
198. "Every collaboration I do, I feel like I've benefitted in so many different ways; it all depends on the organization. With Moncler, there is such a heritage to the brand and to the way that they work. With Brooks Brothers, in the same way, having the heritage to draw from in that collaboration is invaluable."
Author: Thom Browne
199. "Our whole constitutional heritage rebels at the thought of giving government the power to control men's minds."
Author: Thurgood Marshall
200. "As you begin to realize that every different type of music, everybody's individual music, has its own rhythm, life, language and heritage, you realize how life changes, and you learn how to be more open and adaptive to what is around us."
Author: Yo Yo Ma
Quotes About Heritage Pictures