Famous Quotes About Hersh
Browse 45 famous quotes and sayings about Hersh.
Top Quotes About Hersh
1. "She knows not loves that kissed herShe knows not where.Art thou the ghost, my sister,White sister there,Am I the ghost, who knows?My hand, a fallen rose,Lies snow-white on white snows, and takes no care."
Author: Algernon Charles Swinburne
2. "Shay opened his palm, a Hershey's Kiss rested in his hand.Mason winked at him. ''Welcome to the table, man. I hope you survive.''''I think I'll manage.'' He turned the silver-wrapped chocolate in his fingers. ''Thanks for this. There's nothing quite like a really good kiss.''His mouth crinkled in a smile and he cast me a sidelong glance, making my toes curl."
Author: Andrea Cremer
3. "Yeah they talk about herShe smiles like shes so toughShe says "hey can you talk a little louder, I don't think my heart is broken enough"
Author: Anna Nalick
4. "Why couldn't Jesus command us to obsess over everything, to try to control and manipulate people, to try not to breathe at all, or to pay attention, stomp away to brood when people annoy us, and then eat a big bag of Hershey's Kisses in bed?"
Author: Anne Lamott
5. "I have been so long masterthat I would be master still, or at least that none othershould be master of me."
Author: Bram Stoker
6. "For the Wife Beater's WifeWith blue irises her face is blossomed. BlueCircling to yellow, circling to brown on her cheeks.The long bone of her jaw untrackedShe hides in our kitchen.He sleeps it off next door.Her chicken legs tucked under herShe's frantic with lies, animatedBefore the swirling smoke.On her cigarette she leaves red prints, redLike a cut on the white cup.Like a skin she pulls her sweater around her.She's cold,She brings the cold in with her.In our kitchen she hides.He sleeps it off next door, his greatBelly heaving with booze.Again and again she tells the storyAs if the details ever changed,As if blows to the face were somehowDifferent beating to beating.We reach for her but can't help.She retreats into her cold love of himAnd looks across the table at usAs if across a sea.Next door he claws out of sleep.She says she thinks she'll do somethingAfter all, with her hair tonight."
Author: Bruce Weigl
7. "He sought a way to preserve the past. John Hershel was one of the founders of a new form of time travel.... a means to capture light and memories. He actually coined a word for it... photography. When you think about it, photography is a form of time travel. This man is staring at us from across the centuries, a ghost preserved by light."
Author: Carl Sagan
8. "Escape from the black widow spider is a miracle as great as art.what a web she can weave slowly drawing you to hershe'll embrace you then when she's satisfied she'll kill youstill in her embrace and suck the blood from you."
Author: Charles Bukowski
9. "The government researchers, aware of the information in the professional journals, decided to reverse the process (of healing from hysteric dissociation). They decided to use selective trauma on healthy children to create personalities capable of committing acts desired for national security and defense." p. 53 – 54? Secret Weapons: How Two Sisters Were Brainwashed To Kill For Their Country: Dale Griffiths, Cheryl & Lynn Hersha, Ted SchwartzWikipedia has a long history of issues with inaccuracy and bias over dissociative disorders, abuse and ritual abusehttp://ritualabuse.us/ritualabuse/art..."
Author: Cheryl Hersha
10. "By the time Cheryl Hersha came to the facility, knowledge of multiple personality was so complete that doctors understood how the mind separated into distinct ego states,each unaware of the other. First, the person traumatized had to be both extremely intelligent and under the age of seven, two conditions not yet understood though remaining consistent as factors. The trauma was almost always of a sexual nature…" p52"
Author: Cheryl Hersha
11. "The programme into which Cheryl was inducted combined all the different ways the intelligence community had learned could cause intense psychological change in adults and children. It had been learned through the use of both knowledgeable and 'unwitting' volunteers. They were subjected to sensory overload, isolation, drugs and hypnosis, all used on bodies that had been weakened from mild hunger. The horror of the programme was that it would be like having an elementary school sex education class conducted by a paedophile rapist. It would have been banned had the American government signed the Helsinki Accords. But, of course, they hadn't. For the test that day and in those that followed, Cheryl Hersha was positioned so she faced a portable movie screen. A 16mm movie projector was on a platform, along with several reels of film. Each was a short pornographic film meant to make her aware of sexuality in a variety of forms..."
Author: Cheryl Hersha
12. "I stand thereAnd no one knew meI reach for herShe looks right through meI can search this world overShe can't see meI drown in tearsThey look right through me"
Author: Christine Zolendz
13. "In the Scotland of the early seventeenth century, an old woman living alone in Kirkcudbrightshire was accused of witchcraft and on conviction was rolled downhill in a blazing tar barrel. One of the charges against her was that she walked withershins round a well near her cottage which was used by other people. The well was afterwards known as the Witch's Well. These episodes must surely serve as cautionary tales to anyone tempted to transgress the usual custom of walking deasil round a holy well."
Author: Colin Bord
14. "December tastes like Hershey's Kisses. The month of December and those little Hershey's Kisses candies are connected in a way that I can't quite articulate. For me, at least. I do know that eating a Hershey's Kiss is like an act of communion - like taking a tiny taste of December into myself. I don't like to eat them at other times of the year, because I don't want that special association to fade."
Author: Damien Echols
15. "When I try to picture heaven, I see a place where it's always December, every radio station plays hair bands, and every time I check my pockets they're full of Hershey's Kisses. There's a Christmas parade on every street, every day is my birthday, and the sun always sets at 4:58 p.m."
Author: Damien Echols
16. "All the black leathershe needsis the E-Z boy reclinerwhere her love is parkedwith one of his hands wrapped around a remote,the other, a bottle of beer.She's right. It's kinky.The way he doesn't look awayfrom the TV,as her head bobsin his laplike a fisherman's floaton a nature program,hecticwith the pacehis breath sets.His crotch swellsunder her mouth'sprowess. He's sucha sweethearthe waitsuntil thecommercialsto come."
Author: Daphne Gottlieb
17. "The store is also lit to the point of painfulness by a ceiling loaded with more fluorescent bulbs than a landing mothership. Shielding my headachey eyes, I make my consumer choices, then head to the counter, where the clerk is wearing sunglasses. I pay the clerk with a five-dollar bill on which I have felt-penned the words:I AM AFRAID OF THE DARK AGES."
Author: Douglas Coupland
18. "(While accepting the Jean Hersholt Humanitarian Award) I've been thinking about why you have to get famous to get an award for helping other people...If your name is John Doe, and you work night and day doing things for your helpless neighbors, what you get for your effort is tired. So, Mr. and Mrs. Doe, and all of you who give of yourselves, to those who carry too big a burden to make it on their own, I want you to reach out and take your share of this...Because if I have earned it, so too have you."
Author: Frank Sinatra
19. "After dinner the babies get fussy and Min puts a mush of ice cream and Hershey's syrup in their bottles and we watch The Worst That Could Happen, a half-hour of computer simulations of tragedies that have never actually occurred but theoretically could. A kid gets hit by a train and flies into a zoo, where he's eaten by wolves. A man cuts his hand off chopping wood and while wandering around screaming for help is picked up by a tornado and dropped on a preschool during recess and lands on a pregnant teacher. ("Sea Oak")"
Author: George Saunders
20. "For dinner Jade microwaves some Stars-n-Flags. They're addictive. They put sugar in the sauce and sugar in the meat nuggets. I think also caffeine. Someone told me the brown streaks in the Flags are caffeine. We have like five bowls each.After dinner the babies get fussy and Min puts a mush of ice cream and Hershey's syrup in their bottles and we watch The Worst That Could Happen, a half hour computer simulation of tragedies that have never actually occurred but theoretically could. A kid gets hit by a train and flies into a zoo, where he's eaten by wolves. A man cuts his hand off chopping wood and while he's wandering around screaming for help is picked up by a tornado and dropped on a preschool during recess and lands on a pregnant teacher."
Author: George Saunders
21. "I'm not cock-blocking for kicks and giggles. The mothership called"
Author: J.R. Ward
22. "If you ordered up a whore here, you'd probably get a theater major doing Joan Crawford as Sadie Thompson. I wonder what would happen if I ordered up a Hershey bar?" His eyes lit up for a moment. "I wonder what would happen if I ordered up a whore and a Hershey bar?"
Author: Kage Baker
23. "I don't do very well with extremes of any kind - extreme diets, extreme fitness - so moderation makes a lot of sense, and Hershey's has really great portion-friendly desserts to help people incorporate treats into their lifestyles so they don't feel like they're depriving themselves and are still living a balanced life."
Author: Kimberly Williams Paisley
24. "What I love is Mexican hot chocolate, like a spicy hot chocolate - adding cayenne pepper to the Hershey's cocoa and making a spicy-sweet treat."
Author: Kimberly Williams Paisley
25. "Her close friends have gathered.Lord, ain't it a shameGrieving togetherSharing the blame.But when she was dyingLord, we let her down.There's no use cryin'It can't help her now.The party's all overDrink up and go home.It's too late to love herAnd leave her alone.Just say she was someoneLord, so far from homeWhose life was so lonesomeShe died all aloneWho dreamed pretty dreamsThat never came trueLord, why was she bornSo black and blue?Oh, why was she bornSo black and blue?Epitaph (Black And Blue) Written by: Kris KristoffersonNote: "Epitaph" is about Janis Joplin."
Author: Kris Kristofferson
26. "After Ben leaves, I head back upstairs to my room, only to find Dad in the kitchen. He has his back toward me, sneaking a bag of Bugles from one of the baskets above the cabinets."Caught you," I say, switching on the light, making him jump."Shouldn't you be in bed?" he asks, keeping his voice low."Shouldn't you?" I give him a pointed look."Probably, but your mom actually feel asleep tonight—probably the first night all week. Meanwhile, I'm too hungry to nod off.""So, where does that leave us?" I ask, eyeing his bag of Bugles."Can you be trusted?""That depends. Are you willing to share?" I smile. "Good hiding spot, by the way. Nobody ever uses those baskets.""That's what you think." He gazes down the hall to make sure the coast is clear and then snags a bag of Hershey's Kisses from one of the other four overhead baskets.We park ourselves at the kitchen island and rip both bags open. Five full minutes of lusty devouring pass before either of us speaks."
Author: Laurie Faria Stolarz
27. "Broadcast TV is still the mothership and it will be for the foreseeable future. Audiences may be declining slightly but revenues are going up and profits are going up."
Author: Leslie Moonves
28. "I was not above filching empty candy bar wrappers fromtrash bins at the park or picking up the back cards of batteries fromstore parking lots. My children all sported Hershey shirts but atevery few of the required candy bars themselves to get them. Tripsto the pool were the most rewarding, where candy was sold at theconcession stand and the trash receptacles were overflowing withwrappers. On neighborhood trash day, the children and I walkedup and down the alleys, where we confiscated extra Pampers pointsto send in for savings bonds and toys. Even the tennis shoes mychildren wore on these jaunts were obtained free from the Huggiesdiaper company."
Author: Mary Potter Kenyon
29. "Back inside, his fire was crackling away. "okay." he actually rubbed his hands together. "Action." In two minutes, he'd pulled cushions and a couple throws from the two sofas and made a sort of nest in front of the fire. Then he grabbed his backpack. "Refreshments."I half expected to see a bottle of wine or someting similar. Instead, he pulled out a thermos.Followed by a bag of marshmellows, a box of graham crackers, and, absolutely, enough Hershey's chocolate bars to feed a small army."S'mores!" I said happily."And cocoa.Sit." He waited until I was in the middle of the nest, then disappeared through a doorway. I heard a few squeaks and rattles. When he came back,he was carrying a tray, loaded with mugs,napkins, and real, three-pointed skewers."You're kidding," I teased when he handed me one. "You actually own s'mores implements.""Roast,then laugh."
Author: Melissa Jensen
30. "Suddenly, out of the mist came a parachute with a fresh Hershey chocolate bar from America. It took me a week to eat that candy bar. I hid it day and night. The chocolate was wonderful, but it wasn't the chocolate that was most important. What it meant was that someone in America cared. That parachute was something more important than candy. It represented hope. Hope that someday we would be free. Without hope the soul dies."
Author: Michael O. Tunnell
31. "Hershey's Kisses are called that because the machine that makes them looks like it's kissing the conveyor belt."
32. "We conquer the Independence Day aliens by having a Macintosh laptop computer upload a software virus to the mothership (which happens to be one-fifth the mass of the Moon), thus disarming its protective force field. I don't know about you, but back in 1996 I had trouble just uploading files to other computers within my own department, especially when the operating systems were different. There is only one solution: the entire defense system for the alien mothership must have been powered by the same release of Apple Computer's system software as the laptop computer that delivered the virus."
Author: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
33. "Philip ripped at the wrapper of the plain, inadequately thin Hershey bar. "No almonds.""I don't care for nuts.""You proved that when you slammed your foot between the legs of your friend this evening."
Author: Nora Roberts
34. "Ah… yes." Slightly dazed, she let Tyler draw her out the door, toward the elevator. Inside, shelet out the breath she hadn't been aware of holding. "I'd like to point something out.""Go ahead." He punched lobby level, leaned back."I didn't interrupt, or ask any questions. I wasn't compelled to flex my muscles," she continued asTyler's mouth twitched. "Or prove to you I could handle things. I just want to mention all that.""Got it. You've got your areas of expertise and I've got mine." He slipped an arm around hershoulders. "Now let's go home."
Author: Nora Roberts
35. "A lady known as Paris, Romantic and CharmingHas left her old companions and faded from viewLonely men with lonely eyes are seeking her in vainHer streets are where they were, but there's no sign of herShe has left the SeineThe last time I saw Paris, her heart was warm and gay,I heard the laughter of her heart in every street caféThe last time I saw Paris, her trees were dressed for spring,And lovers walked beneath those trees and birds found songs to sing.I dodged the same old taxicabs that I had dodged for years.The chorus of their squeaky horns was music to my ears.The last time I saw Paris, her heart was warm and gay,No matter how they change her, I'll remember her that way.I'll think of happy hours, and people who shared themOld women, selling flowers, in markets at dawnChildren who applauded, Punch and Judy in the parkAnd those who danced at night and kept our Paris bright'til the town went dark."
Author: Oscar Hammerstein II
36. "Long life is not necessary to do some thing great and extra ordinary bagat singh proved it..real indian hero with help of his revolutionary brothershats off to all of them...they fought for freedom ,to breath with there family, but after 66 years of independenceI my self feel we slaved by our government only...we need war against them..."
37. "Historically, dust jackets are a new concern for authors; you don't see them much before the 1920s. And dust jacket is a strange name for this contrivance, as if books had anything to fear from dust. If you store a book properly, standing up, then the jacket doesn't cover the one part of the book that is actually exposed to dust, which is the top of the pages. So a dust jacket is no such thing at all; it is really a sort of advertising wrapper, like the brown paper sheath on a Hershey's bar. On this wrapper goes the manufacturer's name, the ingredients--some blithering about unforgettable characters or gemlike prose or gripping narrative--and a brief summation of who does what to whom in our gripping, unforgettable, gemlike object."
Author: Paul Collins
38. "I make appearance at local park and recreation agencies when the program starts, when they have the qualifying meets at the local levels. Then I try to go to the regional competitions, and of course I'm there in Hershey, Pa., in August for the North American final."
Author: Rafer Johnson
39. "So I had the opportunity to do what the kids in the Hershey program do, except that the Hershey program lets them do it on such a larger scale, with the regional and national competitions."
Author: Rafer Johnson
40. "When I wake up the next morning, there's a Hershey's Kiss sitting on the table beside me."
Author: Rick Yancey
41. "[...] They taught us to never ever underestimate the power of chocolate on a female.""Is that so?""If someone had waved a Hershey bar in front of Bonnie at the right time of the month, she'd have given up Clyde in a heartbeat."
Author: Serena B. Miller
42. "This is one momentBut know that anotherShall pierce you with a sudden painful joy"
Author: T.S. Eliot
43. "Penn State University is also nationally recognized for the exceptional research and patient care provided at the College of Medicine, located in my Congressional District in Hershey, PA."
Author: Tim Holden
44. "In fact, I was a kind of Hershey Bar whore - there wasn't much I wouldn't do for a nickel's worth of chocolate."
Author: Truman Capote
45. "Ask MeSome time when the river is ice ask memistakes I have made. Ask me whetherwhat I have done is my life. Othershave come in their slow way intomy thought, and some have tried to helpor to hurt: ask me what differencetheir strongest love or hate has made.I will listen to what you say.You and I can turn and lookat the silent river and wait. We knowthe current is there, hidden; and thereare comings and goings from miles awaythat hold the stillness exactly before us.What the river says, that is what I say."
Author: William Stafford
Quotes About Hersh Pictures