Famous Quotes About Highness
Browse 51 famous quotes and sayings about Highness.
Top Quotes About Highness
1. "Kendras licked his lips. "Your Highness."The officer laughed."You make that sound dirty."
Author: Aleksandr Voinov
2. "Where will I sit?" Sit? Why, on this comfortable chaise longue I've carried here for you in my pocket, Your Highness, so glad you asked. I clamp my mouth shut, struggling not to say it aloud."
Author: Amie Kaufman
3. "Fate controls only the weak, Your Highness. The strong mould the providence the want"
Author: Amish Tripathi
4. "Her jaw dropped. "You - you -"He chuckled and winked at her. Her ire evaporated like the steam from the pot--coiling and disappearing into the air. When he used his wiles on her, he was tantalizing. With that purely happy look on his face he was devastating."You do realize that I will have my revenge?" she said calmly, though her heart was racing. "I could hope for no less." He flashed her a grin, and she gripped the side of the table to keep from moving closer."I dislike you.""Always a comfort to know." He looked at the kitchen clock, a small mantel piece positioned precariously on a shelf. "Right on time for the night."She blinked. She supposed it was something of a nightly ritual. "Wouldn't want to disappoint you, your highness.""Your majesty, if you will."
Author: Anne Mallory
5. "When a drop draws help from the ocean, it is an ocean in itself, and a little seed, through the outpouring of rain, the favour of the sun and soul-refreshing breeze, will become a tree with the utmost freshness, full of leaves, blossoms and fruits. Therefore do not consider thy capacity and merit, but rely upon the infinite Bounty and trust to His Highness the Almighty."
6. "That caravan looks as if it's all Vorin. Also, you look a little spindly for a Horneater.""Did you just insult the princess's weight?" Tyn asked, aghast.Storms! She was good. She actually managed to produce angerspren with the remark.Well, nothing to do but soldier on."I am offend!" Shallan yelled."You have offended Her Highness again!""Very offend!""You'd better apologize.""No apologize!" Shallan declared. "Boots!"
Author: Brandon Sanderson
7. "You're getting better, my lady.""Don't patronize me.""No, really, Your Highness. When you started painting five years ago, I could never tell what it was you were trying to depict.""And this is a painting of . ."Ashe paused. "A bowl of fruit?" he asked hopefully.Sarene sighed in frustration._______________________________"Beautifully—which is more than I can say for the painting." He paused for a moment. "It's a horse, right?"Sarene scowled."A house?" he asked."It is not a bowl of fruit either, my lord," Ashe said. "I already tried that." "Well, she said it was one of the paintings in this room," Lukel said. "All we have to do is keep guessing until we find the right one.""Brilliant deduction, Master Lukel." Ashe said."
Author: Brandon Sanderson
8. "I am not solicitous to examine particularly everything here, which indeed could not be done in fifty years, because my desire is to make all possible discoveries, and return to your Highnesses, if it please our Lord, in April."
Author: Christopher Columbus
9. "So what does that actually mean?''To be honest, Ghastly, I haven't a bull's notion.''Elder Bespoke should be addressed by his full title,' Tipstaff said.'Of course,' Skulduggery said. 'To be honest, Your Highness, I haven't a bull's notion."
Author: Derek Landy
10. "I feel like the queen of the oven! I am the Queen of all oven-dry! Master of heat! You may now address me as "Your Royal Highness"!"
Author: Elizabeth Duivenvoorde
11. "Oh, shit," said Arthur, covering his face with his hands for a moment and screwing his eyes shut."You've been co-opted.She's got you spying on me already? My God,she's quick.""Oh, shut up and get over yourself!"exclaimed Merlin, indignantly."Not everything's about you,you know, your Royal Hotness. Highness. I said Highness."
12. "You were her friend?" he asked. "You liked her?" I told him Ella was the best friend I ever had. He paused again, and I feared he would say she died. But he finally answered that he believed her to be well and married to a rich gentleman. He added, " She is happy, I think, She is rich, so she is happy." Without thinking, I blurted, "Ella doesn't care about riches." Then I realized I'd contradicted a prince! " How do you know?" he said. I answered, "At school everyone hated me because I wasn't wealthy and because I spoke with an accent. She was the only one who was kind." "Perhaps she's changed," he said. " I don't think so, your Highness."
Author: Gail Carson Levine
13. "I cast a glance in my new admirer's direction. "You may call me Your Highness," I said. "Or Empress Beauty."He chuckled. I wasn't kidding."
Author: Gena Showalter
14. "Well, you know the form,' Bedingfield says. ‘She lives in that room and has her ladies – those ones – cook for her over the fire. You knock and go in, and if you call her Lady Katherine she kicks you out, and if you call her Your Highness she lets you stay. So I call her nothing. You, I call her. As if she were a girl that scrubs the steps."
Author: Hilary Mantel
15. "Sion calls Anne an eel, he calls her a slippery dipper from the slime, and he remembers what the cardinal had called her: my serpentine enemy. Sion says, she goes to it with her brother; he says, what, her brother George? ‘Any brother she's got. Those kind keep it in the family. They do filthy French tricks, like –'‘Can you keep your voice down?' He looks around, as if spies might be swimming by the boat.‘– and that's how she trusts herself she don't give in to Henry, because if she lets him do it and she gets a boy he's, thanks very much, now clear off, girl – so she's oh, Your Highness, I never could allow – because she knows that very night her brother's inside her, licking her up to the lungs, and then he's, excuse me, sister, what shall I do with this big package – she says, oh,don't distress yourself, my lord brother, shove it up the back entry, it'll come to no harm there."
Author: Hilary Mantel
16. "I held my hand out. "Give me a grenade."Andrea pulled open her backpack and slid a grenade into my palm. "Wait until they start shooting the Jeep. Boom comes first, shrapnel flies second. Count to ten before you run in there. And don't blow the device up.""Yes, Mother. It's not my first time.""That's the thanks I get for trying to keep you alive, Your Highness."
Author: Ilona Andrews
17. "Violet heard the coughing and came running back. She sank down on the bench beside Rose, putting her arm around the older girl and holding a handkerchief to Rose's lips. "What happened?" she asked Galen, her tone just shy of being accusatory."I am so sorry, Your Highness," Galen said, backing away. "I made her laugh, and–""You made her laugh?" Violet's eyes widened. "She hasn't laughed in weeks!" She smiled at Galen and gave Rose's shoulders a little squeeze."
Author: Jessica Day George
18. "If, Your Highness, is a word that will steal your soul. Do not waste your thoughts on ifs. What is done is done. Look to the future."
Author: Jill Williamson
19. "Your H-Highness...," Michael stammered, "I-I wish I'd had a chance to prepare some remarks."
Author: John Stephens
20. "Pardon me, Highness, a women waits whithout." "Whithout what?"
Author: Jonathan Stroud
21. "You think I don't know pain?" Puck shook his head at me. "Or loss? I've been around a lot longer than you, prince! I know what love is, and I've lostmy fair share, too. Just because we have a different way of handling it, doesn't mean I don't have scars of my own.""Name one," I scoffed. "Give me one instance where you haven't—""Meghan Chase!" Puck roared, startling me into silence. I blinked, and he sneered at me. "Yeah, your highness. I know what loss is. I've loved thatgirl since before she knew me. But I waited. I waited because I didn't want to lie about who I was. I wanted her to know the truth before anything else.So I waited, and I did my job. For years, I protected her, biding my time, until the day she went into the Nevernever after her brother. And then youcame along. And I saw how she looked at you. And for the first time, I wanted to kill you as much as you wanted to kill me."
Author: Julie Kagawa
22. "ASH: What are you doing here, Goodfellow?PUCK: Rescuing the princess from the winter court, of course. Though it appears I'm saving your sorry-ass as wellASH: I could've handled itPUCK: Oh, i'm sure. Well then, shall we get on with it? Try to keep up, your highnessASH: Just stay out of my way"
Author: Julie Kagawa
23. "Yes, I still know where I'm going!" I snapped as he emerged beside me yet again, cutting him off before he could say anything. Ash walked on my other side, silent and protective, but I caught him rolling his eyes as Glitch came up. The rebel leader scowled. "Relax, your highness. I wasn't going to ask this time." "Aw, that's a shame," Puck said, falling into step beside him. "You're gonna make me lose my bet with ice-boy. Come on, be a sport. Say it one more time, for me?"
Author: Julie Kagawa
24. "Sure you'll be all right?" Glitch asked, breaking through my thoughts. "I could come with you, if you'd like. They won't even see me."I shook my head. "Better if I do this alone. Besides, there's one member of that household who can see you. And he's seen enough scary monsters to last him a lifetime.""Begging your pardon, your highness," Glitch smirked, "but who are you calling a scary monster?"I swatted at him."
Author: Julie Kagawa
25. "Goodfellow snickered."Wouldn't be any fun if we didn't run into some sort of catastrophe." Pulling his dagger ,he waved me on."After you,your highness.Puck to Ash"
Author: Julie Kagawa
26. "Brushing dirt from his coat, Sam ignored the wild-eyed looks the other three gave him. Surely a house like this had enough staff to clean up a little dirt?"And who is this young man?" the old lady demanded.Sam opened his mouth to reply, but froze when he saw just who the old woman was."May I present Sam Morgan, Your Highness," Griffin said.Bloody hell. It was Queen Victoria. They'd just burrowed their way into Buckingham Palace."
Author: Kady Cross
27. "I took a breath. "Your highness—""Nikolai," he corrected. "But I've also been known to answer to ‘sweetheart' or ‘handsome."
Author: Leigh Bardugo
28. "She didn't call him Prince or Royal Highness. She called him Rodrigo. And while she very clearly wanted him, she wanted him only for what he brought to her as a man.It felt strange to simply be a man."
Author: Lisa Valdez
29. "You are funny like a kid and awesome like a princessUnseen like an angel, like the morning sunshine… Kindness like a river and highness like a mountain, In the middle of the Rheine, the cute face and sweet lips …(La la la la, La la , mmmm , mm …)Keep the lovely smile, in your juicy icy eyes Open the heaven for my eyes, forever angel voice Never angry never harsh, never mad never marsh Dear or darling, either diamond or dime, Overall the dream of the world"
Author: M.F. Moonzajer
30. "He [Kai] blinked. His eyes fell as he processed her response. Then he lifted his chin and attempted a grin that was almost painfully dejected. "No, it's all right. I understand."Dr. Erland leaned back against his desk. "My sincerest condolences, Your Highness. In more ways than one, it seems."
Author: Marissa Meyer
31. "Steadying herself with both hands on the table, she managed an awkward bow....'Your Highness,' she stammered, head lowered...The prince flinched and cast a glance over his shoulder before hunching toward her. 'Maybe, um...' - he pulled his fingers across his lips - 'on the Highness stuff?"
Author: Marissa Meyer
32. "The Prince of Arrow has a much bigger army than you," Miana said. No "Your Highness" no "My Lord.""Yes, he does." I kept waving to the crowd, the big smile on my face."He's going to win, isn't he?" she said. She looked twelve but she didn't sound twelve."How old are you?" I asked, a quick glance down at her, still waving."Twelve."Damn."
Author: Mark Lawrence
33. "Penny said two words, the second of which was "you." Caine laughed. "I think you meant '---- you, Your Highness."
Author: Michael Grant
34. "Viktor looked at the older man's nightshirt, robe, and nightcap. His lips quirked into a smile. "The hour is late, and the household sleeps. How is it that you are still awake?""I knew you would be knocking on the door sooner or later." Pickles looked down his long nose at him. "You have passed the previous six nights with Her Ladyship.""You are observant, my good man.""No, Your Highness, I am the one who locks the door at night." Pickles reached into his robe's pocket and produced a key. He passed it to the prince, saying, "After tonight, let yourself into thehouse."Viktor grinned at the majordomo and lifted the key out of his hand. "Your trust honors me.""You are unlikely to abscond with the silver," Pickles drawled."
Author: Patricia Grasso
35. "Princess Diana talking to Prince William about the loss of her title Her Royal Highness: She turned to William in her distress. She (Princess Diana) told me how he had sat with her one night when she was upset over the loss of HRH, put his arms around her and said: Don't worry, Mummy. I will give it back to you one day when I am king."
Author: Paul Burrell
36. "Any woman can weep without tears," she answered over her shoulder, "and most can heal with their hands. It depends on the wound. She is a woman, Your Highness, and that's riddle enough"
Author: Peter S. Beagle
37. "Elisa, tell me truly. Have you attained that kind of power? The kind that would frighten an animagus?""I have."Her eyes widen and her lips part. She says to Storm, "You always speak truly, yes?""Yes, Your Highness.""You are also an animagus, are you not?""I am.""And you believe my sister has the kind of power she claims?""No," he says. "She is being modest."
Author: Rae Carson
38. "Her face literally glowed, blazing with so much anger, Jason could see her skull beneath her skin. Jason's mind was getting blurrier, but he knew something didn't seem right. Then the moment passed, and Her Highness looked like a normal elegant woman again, with a cordial smile and a soothing voice. "Jason. What an interesting name," she said, her eyes as cold as the Chicago wind. "I think we'll have to make a special deal for you. Come, children. Let's go shopping."
Author: Rick Riordan
39. "Your Highness, we must speak tonight," I whispered. "Alone." Enough was enough. I would not take any part in Princess Cantacuzene's plans, and I would not risk my life dallying with the Montenegrins any longer."Indeed?" he said, bringing my hand to his lips. I shuddered, realizing he had a different kind of conversation in mind than I did."
Author: Robin Bridges
40. "Your Imperial Highness, will you do me the honor of this dance?" I turned to see Miechen's twelve-year-old son, Boris Vladimirovich, looking at me solemnly. "Of course," I said with a polite curtsy. Angels and ministers of grace, defend me."
Author: Robin Bridges
41. "If you neglected to warn Djetth beforehand that you were going to shoot him down, Your Highness, he may consider you in breach of contract...-- Rhett"
Author: Rowena Cherry
42. "Because it was enough for one of those favorites of His Distinguished Highness to issue a thoughtless decree. These young smart alecks see it, and they immediately imagine some fatal result and come running to the rescue. They start trying to mend things, straighten things out, patch things up and untangle them. And so instead of using their energy to build their own vision of the future, instead of trying to put their irresponsible, destructive fantasies into action, our malcontents had to roll up their sleeves and start untangling what the minsters had knotted up. And there's always a lot of work to untangling! So they untangle and untangle, drenched in sweat, wearing their nerves to shreds, running around, patching things up here and there, and in all this rush and overwork, in this whirlwind, their fantasies slowly evaporate from their hot heads."
Author: Ryszard Kapuściński
43. "I wish I wasn't an imperial highness or an ex-grand duchess. I'm sick of people doing things to me because of what I am. Girl-in-white-dress. Short-one-with-fringe. Daughter-of-the-tsar. Child-of-the-ex-tyrant. I want people to look and see me, Anastasia Nikolaevna Romanova, not the caboose on a train of grand duchesses. Someday, I promise myself, no one will be able to hear my name or look at my picture and suppose they know all about me. Someday I will do something bigger than what I am."
Author: Sarah Miller
44. "It's Dorian, by the way. Not 'Your Highness'.""Very Well.""Say it.""Say what?""Say my name. Say, 'Very well, Dorian'."She rolled her eyes. "If it pleases Your Magnanimous Holiness, I shall call you by your first name.""Magnanimous Holiness? Oh, I like that one."
Author: Sarah J. Maas
45. "The prophecy is clear, Your Highness. The Messiah shall topple all the kingdoms of the world. Even yours."
Author: Seth Grahame Smith
46. "Kei: Is there anything else you need while I'm here, Your Highness?Cabot: No, but you can leave the sarcasm in there."
Author: Stefne Miller
47. "A girl nearby muttered,"If that's a lady, I'm a cat."Reaching out, Sandry lifted the pitcher of milk from the table. Cradling it in both hands, she walked over to the mutterer.I am Sandrilene fa Toren, daughter of Count Mattin fer Toren and his countess, Amiliane fa Landreg. I am the great-niece of his grace, Duke Vedris of this realm of Emelan, and cousin of her Imperial Highness, Empress Berenene of the Namorn Empire. You are Esmelle ei Pragin, daughter of Baron Witten en Pragin and his lady Colledia of House Wheelwright, a merchant house. If I tell you my friend is a lady, then you"- carefully she poured milk into Esmelle's plate-"you had best start lapping, kitty."She set the pitcher down and returned to her chair."
Author: Tamora Pierce
48. "Ah, Monsieur Priest, you love not the crudities of the true. Christ loved them. He seized a rod and cleared out the Temple. His scourge, full of lightnings, was a harsh speaker of truths. When he cried, 'Sinite parvulos,' he made no distinction between the little children. It would not have embarrassed him to bring together the Dauphin of Barabbas and the Dauphin of Herod. Innocence, Monsieur, is its own crown. Innocence has no need to be a highness. It is as august in rags as in fleurs de lys."
Author: Victor Hugo
49. "When his highness sends a ship to Egypt, does he trouble his head whether the mice on board are at their ease or not?"
50. "Life is pain, highness. Anyone who tells you differently is selling something."
Author: William Goldman
Quotes About Highness Pictures