Famous Quotes About How I Feel Right Now
Browse 22 famous quotes and sayings about How I Feel Right Now.
Top Quotes About How I Feel Right Now
1. "Secrets. Funny how, when you're about to be given something precious, something you've wanted for a long time, you suddenly feel nervous over taking it.Everyone wants more than anything to be allowed into someone else's most secret self. Everyone wants to allow someone into their most secret self. Everyone feels so alone inside that their deepest wish is for someone to know their secret being, because then they are alone no longer. Don't we all long for this? Yet when it's offered it's frightening, because you might not live up to the desires of the one who bestows the gift. And frightening because you know that accepting such a gift means you'll want-perhaps be expected- to offer a similar gift in return. Which means giving your *self* away. And what's more frightening than that?"
Author: Aidan Chambers
2. "It's hard to feel supported when you can't tell people everything. People haven't really got a clue what it's like. It's hard to trust anyone. It's hard to believe people won't let you down. I'm feeling like I want to cry. My body feels hollow. Empty. I don't feel like I'm 17. I feel young. I'm not sure how old, maybe about 10 yrs. It's hard to accept that I can't get all the support 1 need from one person. From any person. It's hard that no one can fully understand. It's hard for me to admit that inside I feel a really lonely person. What do I need to do to take care of myself right now? Well I need to cuddle my teddies — it sounds silly, but I need some comfort... I was still cuddling teddies when I should have been cuddling boys. The sick imagery in my mind, rather than making me sexually active, had closed that door completely."
Author: Alice Jamieson
3. "Coach: "All right, Patch. let's say you're at a party. the room is full of girls of all shapes and sizes. You see blondes, brunettes, redheads, a few girl with black hair. Some are talkive, while other appear shy. You've one girl who fits your profile - attractive, intelligent and vulnerable. Dow do you let her know you're interested?"Patch: "Single her out. Talk to her."Coach: "Good. Now for the big question - how do you know if she's game or if she wants you to move on?"Patch: "I study her. I figure out what she's thinking and feeling. She's not gonig to come right out and tell me, which is why i have to pay attention. Does she turn her body toward mine? Does she hold me eyes, then look away? Does she bite her lip and play with her hair, the way Nora is doing right now?"
Author: Becca Fitzpatrick
4. "I don't know how I feel right now."
Author: Brandy Norwood
5. "There are only twenty-six letters in the English alphabet. You would think there would only be so much you could do with twenty-six letters. You would think there were only so many ways those letters could make you feel when mixed up and shoved together to make words.However, there are infinite ways those twenty-six letters can make a person feel, and this song is living proof. I'll never understand how a few simple words strung together can change a person, but this song, these words, are completely changing me. I feel like my maybe someday just became my right now."
Author: Colleen Hoover
6. "The sadness in her eyes that has consumed her for the past three weeks is nonexistent right now. There's hope in her eyes again, and I want nothing more than to somehow help her maintain whatever it is she's feeling right now. I slowly lean in and press my lips against hers. The sensation from the kiss both kills me and brings me back to life in the same breath. She quietly gasps, then parts her lips for me, taking a fist of my shirt in her hands, gently pulling me closer.I kiss her.I kiss her like it's the first time I've ever kissed her.I kiss her like it's the last time I'll ever kiss her"
Author: Colleen Hoover
7. "No. Wait. When will I see you again?" she asked. "How will I find you?""Well, you don't have to stand on the end of a diving board."Ivy smiled."The end of a tree limb will do," he said. "Or the roof of any building three stories or higher.""What?""Just kidding," he said, laughing. "Just call--anytime, anywhere, silently--and I'll hear you. If I don't come, it's because I'm in the middle of something that I can't stop, or I'm in the darkness. I can't control the darkness." He sighed. "I can feel it coming on--I can feel it right now--and I can fight it off for a while. But in the end I fall unconscious. It's how I rest. I guess one day the darkness will be final.""No!""Yes, love," he said softly.A moment later he was gone."
Author: Elizabeth Chandler
8. "Try to forgive by trying to understand how it would feel to be in the other's shoes. If someone hurts you – ask them - "What hurts you so much that you would do this?" Listen to the answer and try to understand what is valid for them. They may have been fighting for your attention, but no one thinks of themselves as attackers, only defenders! So don't judge their ways, only set them free by giving them a chance to speak. You may both learn a lot from your kindness and courage in asking for the truth. But even if nothing changes, release it, remember that you both have a right to be who you choose to be. When we make judgements we're inevitably acting on limited knowledge, so ask if you seek to understand, or simply let them be!"
Author: Jay Woodman
9. "You made me confused and static,and I need you to knowhow my heart trembleswhenever I see you, but I couldn't.I'm just afraid I might loss youin the end of this battle,and what I'm feeling right now,at this moment that I think of youis indescribable."
Author: Jelord Klinn Cabresos
10. "As I paddle along, I slowly become aware that it's been fear keeping me out of this pool for so many years. I never came here before because I was afraid I'd make a fool of myself by not having the endurance to complete a lap. The swimming wasn't what scared me; failure was. My fear locked me in a state of arrested development for so many years. Fear kept me from tackling my weight, which I understand has simply been symptomatic of my greater fear, growing up. I glide down the lane on my back and reflect on how good I feel right now. It's not because I've lost more than thirty pounds. I feel incredible because I've stopped being afraid."
Author: Jen Lancaster
11. "I realized that with everything I did from that point onward, I would have to ask myself this question: "How would I feel if what I'm doing right now is written up on the front page of the Wall Street Journal or the New York Times or if it is on television? Would I still do it?" That is a very useful exercise for leaders to engage in, because we shouldn't do anything we might be embarrassed by or ashamed of."
Author: John Mackey
12. "Seeing a patter doesn't mean you know how to put it all together. Take baby steps: don't focus on the folks whose skills are far beyond your own. When you're new to something-or you haven't tried it in a while-it can feel impossibly hard to get it right. Every misstep feels like a reason to quit. You envy everyone else who seems to know what they're doing. What keeps you going? The belief that one day you'll also be like that: Elegant. Capable. Confident. Experienced. And you can be. All you need now is enthusiasm. A little bravery. And-always-a sense of humor."
Author: Kate Jacobs
13. "Well…there's only one glove. Right away, I wonder, where's the other glove? How did it become separated from its mate? Does it feel lost and confused without its other half? It looks lonely. Cold. Like an outsider that has no one to turn to, nowhere to go. And the stark contrast of the white snow against the bright colors of the glove makes the lines crisp and clear. It makes that feeling of alienated loneliness crisp and clear. The purity of the snow gives the purity of the glove's solitude a stronger effect."
Author: Linda Kage
14. "The only path I am asked to monitor is my own. I resist all temptation today to judge how I think others should behave. I cannot know the deeper forces at work within anyone's heart. My deliverance comes from accepting all people, not judging or controlling them. I pray that when I am tempted to speak or act without charity, that God's spirit will correct my thoughts. I pray to be an instrument of love by which people are reminded of their innocence, not an instrument of blame that reminds them of their guilt. I do this for my own sake, that I too might be released from feelings of guilt that would otherwise bind me. It is not my job to monitor anyone's journey, to know what's right or wrong for others, or to try to control their behavior. My salvation lies in deep acceptance of people exactly as they are, that I might know the inner peace that such acceptance brings. Amen."
Author: Marianne Williamson
15. "You know how it feels right before a tornado hits? I mean when the sky's still clear, but the wind's starting to cool off and change direction. You know something's coming, but you don't always know what. That's how things feel to me right now." -Zoey Redbird"
Author: P.C. Cast
16. "It was always a shock for me to suddenly become Elodie. I couldn't imagine how weird it must feel for the people watching it happen. But Jenna went with it. "Could you open the door using your magic?""Of course," Elodie scoffed. Sitting up, she went to toss my hair, but my fingers just got hopelessly ensnarled. "Oh, for the love of God," she muttered, trying to untwist the strands from a ring I wore.There was a knock at the door, and I could feel Elodie about to swoosh on out, when Archer said, "Mercer? You in there?"Go on, I told Elodie, but she didn't budge. Thankfully, Jenna opened the door and immediately said, "Sophie's here, but Elodie's possessing her right now.""In that case, I'll wait out here," he said."
Author: Rachel Hawkins
17. "I sat there for several moments, trying to decide how best I should respond. None of the advice I'd gotten from the books or my friends really prepared me for how to handle discussions about alternative energy sources. One of the books - one I'd chosen not to finish - had a decidedly male-centric view that said women should always make men feel important on dates. I suspected that Kristin and Julia's advice right now would have been to laugh and toss my hair - and not let the discussion progress. But I just couldn't do that. "You're wrong," I said."
Author: Richelle Mead
18. "Although I was fine, that night didn't sit well with me for the rest of our trip. Something had, in the end, been taken from me, something very small. A strange kind of dignity, maybe. In its place remained an alien resentment. I know it seems daft, really, but how does one get justice for not having been mugged? It's a real question, although not a high priority. For what it's worth, I learned this much - even commonplace violence and social dangers can't give me a fair shake. Discrimination feels like discrimination, even when it's for the best. My generation has been so socialized into our rights and so schooled away from discriminations of any kind, I didn't know how to be thankful. Thank you for stereotyping me. Thanks for excluding me from your violence, although I'm a relatively affluent tourist. Gratitude for being spared is something of a double bind. I wanted to lose. I wanted to lose like everybody else in order to keep that bit of dignity."
Author: Ryan Knighton
19. "People never explain to you exactly what they think and feel and how their thoughts and feelings work, do they? They don't have time. Or the right words. But that's what books do. It's as though your daily life is a film in the cinema. It can be fun, looking at those pictures. But if you want to know what lies behind the flat screen you have to read a book. That explains it all."
Author: Sebastian Faulks
20. "Did you know you actually get to decide how long you will experience any emotion Although your initial reaction to an unpleasant sad or hurtful situation may be natural and perfectly understandable given your circumstances what you do with that emotion and how long you experience it is up to you. You can say "Yes I'm feeling depressed right now and plan to stay that way until tomorrow. Then I'll get on with what has to be done in my life to change it." Or you can decide to release it right away."
Author: Sue Augustine
21. "So you just kill people for power.""As do you.""How dare you-"He laughs, loud. "You're free to lie to yourself, if it makes you feel better.""I am not lying-""Why did it take you so long to break your connection with jenkins?"Mu mouth freezes in place."Why didn't you fight back right away? why did you allow him to touch for as long as he did?"My hands have begun to shake and I grip them, hard. "You don't know anything about me.""And yet you claim to know me so well."I clench my jaw, not trusting myself to speak."At least I'm honest," he adds."You just agreed you're a liar!"He raises his eyebrows. "At least I'm honest about being a liar."
Author: Tahereh Mafi
22. "Nobody wanted to hear about all the Preterite, the many God passes over when he chooses a few for salvation. William argued holiness for these "second Sheep," without whom there'd be no elect. You can bet the Elect in Boston were pissed off about that. And it got worse. William felt that what Jesus was for the elect, Judas Iscariot was for the Preterite. Everything in the Creation has its equal and opposite counterpart. How can Jesus be an exception? could we feel for him anything but horror in the face of the unnatural, the extracreational? Well, if he is the son of man, and if what we feel is not horror but love, then we have to love Judas too. Right? How William avoided being burned for heresy, nobody knows."
Author: Thomas Pynchon
Quotes About How I Feel Right Now Pictures