Famous Quotes About How Life Goes On
Browse 15 famous quotes and sayings about How Life Goes On.
Top Quotes About How Life Goes On
1. "Shows have asked a lot of actors to take cuts. Shows are going off the air. So okay, life goes on."
Author: Austin Peck
2. "I melt and swell at the moment of landing when one wheel thuds on the runway but the plane leans to one side and hangs in the decision to right itself or roll. For this moment, nothing matters. Look up into the stars and you're gone. Not your luggage. Nothing matters. Not your bad breath. The windows are dark outside and the turbine engines roar backward. The cabin hangs at the wrong angle under the roar of the turbines, and you will never have to file another expense account claim. Receipt required for items over twenty-five dollars. You will never have to get another haircut. A thud, and the second wheel hits the tarmac. The staccato of a hundred seat-belt buckles snapping open, and the single-use friend you almost died sitting next to says: I hope you make your connection. Yeah, me too. And this is how long your moment lasted. And life goes on."
Author: Chuck Palahniuk
3. "Every time the song looped, all I heard was the part about the lies - and how they weigh you down. Tonight, as I drive toward Detroit in my Jeep, I know what those words really mean. It's not just the lies they're referring to. It's life. You can't run to another town, another place, another state. Whatever it is you're running from - it goes with you. It stays with you until you find out how to confront it."
Author: Colleen Hoover
4. "It hurts how life goes on, unknowing."
Author: Cynthia Lord
5. "Trust is so valuable. It's sometimes hard to gain, but so easy to lose. One must always be careful about trusting another, but there are times where people are too careful or too afraid & forget how to open up to those who won't do any harm. Choose wisely who you trust, but don't worry too much. Disappointment occurs, but life goes on"
Author: Emily Gabriela Vira
6. "Just give yourself to me. Trust me. For one day. I'll take care of you." She exhales and stares up at me. She looks lost and broken. She looks sad and defeated. And I hate it. "One day of trust, Ashleigh. Just one day. And then tomorrow we can drive to LA and life can start again. But don't let your pause end up meaningless. Make it count. Give me control. I'll show you life goes on."
Author: J.A. Huss
7. "On the last good day he went to work for three hours and then came home and put on the History Channel. The program was about the Airstream RV. When it first came out, one one white knew what to make of the silver bullet, so the company sent a caravan of them on a promotional tour across Africa and Egypt. The native tribes came up the the RVs and poked at them with their spears. They prayed for the beasts to leave.On the last good day, my father didn't' fall asleep while he was watching the show. He turned to me and said words that at the time were only words, not the life lessons they've since exploded into. "It just goes to show you," my father told me on the last good day, "the world's only as big as what you know."
Author: Jodi Picoult
8. "How often do we tell our own life story? How often do we adjust, embellish, make sly cuts? And the longer life goes on, the fewer are those around to challenge our account, to remind us that our life is not our life, merely the story we have told about our life. Told to others, but—mainly—to ourselves."
Author: Julian Barnes
9. "Stop what? Cheering you up? Or is life supposed to stop because you did something horrible? I'll tell you the real horrible truth, Anita. No matter what you do or how bad you feel about it, life just goes on. Life doesn't give a fuck that you're sorry or upset or deranged or tormented. Life just goes on, and you gotta go on with it, or sit in the middle of the road and feel sorry for yourself. And I don't see you doing that."
Author: Laurell K. Hamilton
10. "That's how life goes on - protected by the silence that anesthetizes shame."
Author: M.L. Stedman
11. "You may claim no affiliation with them, but perhaps some have crossed your path.And perhaps you'd like to help us find them.""Oh,sure.You killed my mother. You can imagine I'm dying to help you out."Thomas manages to ignore me again. He glances at the first photo projected on the wall. "Know this person?"I shake my head. "Never seen him before."Thomas clicks the remote. Another photo pops up. "How about this one?""Nope."Another photo. "How about this?""Nope."Yet another stranger pops up on the wall. "Seen this girl before?""Never seen her in my life."More unfamiliar faces. Thomas goes through them without blinking an eye or questioning my responses. What a stupid puppet of the state. I watch him as we continue, wishing I weren't chained so I could beat this man to the ground."
Author: Marie Lu
12. "That is how life goes--we send our children into the wilderness. Some of them on the day they are born, it seems, for all the help we can give them. Some of them seem to be a kind of wilderness unto themselves. But there must be angels there, too, and springs of water. Even that wilderness, the very habitation of jackals, is the Lord's."
Author: Marilynne Robinson
13. "You've no idea how long life goes on and how many, many changes it brings. Young people seem to imagine that it's over in a flash, that they do this thing, or that thing, and then die, but I can assure you they are quite wrong."
Author: Nancy Mitford
14. "No matter how bad was yesterday, what happens today, or which way tomorrow will take, life goes on as usual because tomorrow will never be the same as yesterday or today!"
15. "It helps me keep things in perspective, and sometimes it helps me forget. Whenever I think things are too much, I come here. No matter what is going on or how bad it seems, when I sit on this bench, I'm reminded that the water continues to flow, the waves keep crashing on the shore, and life goes on around me."
Author: Victoria Michaels
Quotes About How Life Goes On Pictures