Famous Quotes About How To Find Happiness
Browse 10 famous quotes and sayings about How To Find Happiness.
Top Quotes About How To Find Happiness
1. "We have one crystal clear reason apart from the blessed happiness of this way of life. It is this: prayer is the core of our day. Take prayer out, and the day would collapse, would be pithless, a straw blown in the wind. But how can you pray--really pray, I mean--with one against who you have a grudge or whom you have been discussing critically with another? Try it. You will find it cannot be done."
Author: Amy Carmichael
2. "I was thinking of people who say that happiness is impossible on earth. Look how hard they all try to find some joy in life. Look how they struggle for it. Why should any living creature exist in pain? By what conceivable right can anyone demand that a human being exist for anything but for his own joy? Every one of them wants it. Every part of him wants it. But they never find it. I wonder why."
Author: Ayn Rand
3. "All my life I was fascinated by memory," Squire told me. "Then I met E.P., and saw how rich life can be even if you can't remember it. The brain has this amazing ability to find happiness even when the memories of it are gone."
Author: Charles Duhigg
4. "Are you working towards some big goal in life? In the big picture, do you know what you want?"" I thought I did. I thought I had it. But it didn't last. At that time, I thought what I wanted, what my big ambition in life was - wait for it - to be happy.It soon became apparent that happiness shouldn't be a destination in life. It should be part of the journey of your life. Putting everything on hold to achieve the one thing you think will make you happy will actually mean that you're miserable along the way to getting there, and when you get there, you might find that the thing you wanted doesn't make you as happy as you thought it would. Or worse, you've completely forgotten how to be happy."
Author: Dorothy Koomson
5. "A dear friend of mine recently asked me how did I find happiness after all that i have been through?After thinking about it for a while I realized that you don't find happiness, it is not hidden, it's right there out in the open.Happiness is a decision not something that is lost. You just have to recognize all that there is to be happy about and decide to be happy because everything in life is miracle."
Author: John A. Passaro
6. "It seemed truly frightening that it was only by sheer chance that she had met Nick. It could so easily not have happened and then she would have had a shadowy, half-alive existence, like some sort of woodland creature who never sees sunlight, never even knowing how much she could love and how much she could be loved. Elisabeth once said — very definitely and severely — that the right man didn't complete you, you have to find happiness yourself, and Alice nodded agreeably, while thinking to herself, 'Oh, but yes he does."
Author: Liane Moriarty
7. "Ian was a good man—honest, trustworthy, loyal, and of honorable character. His desire to keep his promise to Angelle and to be a respectable servant of Harrowbeth would always take president over any personal feelings, no matter how intense or gratifying they might be. He would never betray Harrowbeth. He would never cheat Derian or Angelle. He would never deceive his queen, even if in so doing he would find a love and happiness they both longed to share. His commitment to what he saw as right meant more."
Author: Richelle E. Goodrich
8. "My dear," Rose said, "you might be surprised at how much happiness you can find in the pages of the shortest love stories. Unlike penises, their length truly does not count."
Author: Samantha Sotto
9. "I like how Mother Teresa put it: "Let no one ever come to you without leaving better and happier. Be the living expression of God's kindness: kindness in your face, in your eyes, in your smile." If you approach life this way, always looking for ways to build instead of to tear down, you'll be amazed at how much happiness you can give to others and find for yourself"
Author: Sean Covey
10. "The saying goes that history repeats itself; personal histories do the same. We can gather the lessons of others' lives through observation, conversation, and by seeking advice. We can use the automatic system to find out who the happy people are, and the reflective system to evaluate how they got to be that way. Pursuing happiness need not be a lonely endeavor. In fact, throwing in our lot with others may be a very good way of coping with the disappointments of choice."
Author: Sheena Iyengar
Quotes About How To Find Happiness Pictures