Famous Quotes About Humble Tagalog
Browse 21 famous quotes and sayings about Humble Tagalog.
Top Quotes About Humble Tagalog
1. "Fellow-Christians, do let us study the Bible portrait of the humble man. And let us ask our brethren, and ask the world, whether they recognize in us the likeness to the original."
Author: Andrew Murray
2. "The God gene, the God particle – the human predisposition to believe and the makeup of the universe finally discovered, all that is now needed is a complementary coping mechanism to spark the seraphic neuron – God gin. When the time is right the last prophet – a humble basement-brewer inspired with the perfect bathtub – will arise to distribute the good message in his bottles and have us continually singing His praises in the karaoke bar. With the harshness of ethanol, the burning ones will envelop the crowd with ‘holies' of love, zeal, and surround sound."
3. "To call him humble was to make rudeness normal. Besides, humility had always seemed to him a specious thing, invented for the comfort of others; you were praised for humility by people because you did not make them feel any more lacking than they already did. It was honesty that he valued; he had always wished himself to be truly honest, and always feared that he was not"
Author: Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie
4. "The humble ones are always learning and improving, and their secret is always that it's a secret."
Author: Criss Jami
5. "If we remain humble and hungry, we can win."
Author: Dave Allison
6. "I grew up on food stamps. I come from a very humble background. And I've had many friends that have been destitute - you know, running into trouble - and places like The Midnight Mission have given them hope and have fed them and gotten them back on the right path."
Author: Debi Mazar
7. "But twice-two-makes-four is for all that a most insupportable thing. Twice-two-makes-four is, in my humble opinion, nothing but a piece of impudence. Twice-two-makes-four is a farcical, dressed-up fellow who stands across your path with arms akimbo and spits at you."
Author: Fyodor Dostoyevsky
8. "When the Eternal bows the skiesTo visit earthly things,With scorn divine he turns his eyesFrom towers of haughty kings.He bids his awful chariot rollFar downward from the skies,To visit every humble soul,With pleasure in his eyes."
Author: Isaac Watts
9. "We need religion as a guide. We need it because we are imperfect. Our government needs the church, because only those humble enough to admit they are sinners can bring to democracy the tolerance it requires in order to survive."
Author: Jeff Miller
10. "It seems that every generation needs its public, tweedy, literary personality to sell its consumer electronics. To whatever degree I can live up to the Plimptonian legacy, I am humble and proud."
Author: John Hodgman
11. "I ask myself whether his rush had really carried him out of that mist in which he loomed interesting if not very big, with floating outlines - a straggler yearning inconsolably for his humble place in the ranks. And besides, the last word is not said, - probably shall never be said. Are not our lives too short for that full utterance which through all our stammerings is of course our only and abiding intention?...There is never time to say our last word - the last word of our love, of our desire, faith, remorse, submissions, revolt....My last words about Jim shall be few. I affirmed that he achieved greatness."
Author: Joseph Conrad
12. "He had long ago learned that society imposes insults that must be borne, comforted by the knowledge that in this world there comes a time when the most humble of men, if he keeps his eyes open, can take his revenge on the most powerful. It was this knowledge that prevented the Don from losing the humility all his friends admired in him."
Author: Mario Puzo
13. "Whether through the patterns left in snow, or geese honking in the dark, or through the brilliant wet leaf that hits your face the moment you are questioning your worth, the quiet teachers are everywhere, pointing us to the unlived portion of our lives. When we think we are in charge, the lessons dissolve as accidents or coincidence. But when we're humble enough to welcome the connections, the glass that breaks across the room is offering us direction, giving us a clue to the story we are in."
Author: Mark Nepo
14. "As the seasons age us I close my eyes and wish for snowAlas the Irish seasons been foretoldFor Spring will dawn and I will goInto another season Jack Frost cold.And when its here, I wish for nightAs childhood memories flash right byTo see the birds in humble flightI wish for Summer with a sighAnd on I go to months so sweetDawns sweet chorus and sunbeams brightI yearn for Autumn leaves under feetYet now I dream of Winters nightAs Auld Lang Syne rings in New YearAlas! I'm one year older as Spring draws near."
Author: Michelle Geaney
15. "Clothing was magic. Casey believed this. She would never admit this to her classmates in any of her women's studies courses, but she felt that an article of clothing could change a person... Each skirt, blouse, necklace, or humble shoe said something - certain pieces screamed, and others whispered seductively, but no matter, she experienced each item's expression keenly, and she loved this world. every article suggested an image, a life, a kind of woman, and Casey felt drawn to them." (Free Food For Millionaires, p.41)."
Author: Min Jin Lee
16. "If you are humble nothing will touch you, neither praise nor disgrace, because you know what you are."
Author: Mother Teresa
17. "If you trust in Nature, in the small Things that hardly anyone sees and that can so suddenly become huge, immeasurable; if you have this love for what is humble and try very simply, as someone who serves, to win the confidence of what seems poor: then everything will become easierfor you, more coherent and somehow more reconciling, not in your conscious mind perhaps, which stays behind, astonished, but in your innermost awareness, awakeness, and knowledge."
Author: Rainer Maria Rilke
18. "The true mystic is always both humble and compassionate, for she knows that she does not know."
Author: Richard Rohr
19. "That a thing made by hand, the work and thought of a single craftsman, can endure much longer than its maker, through centuries in fact, can survive natural catastrophe, neglect, and even mistreatment, has always filled me with wonder. Sometimes in museums, looking at a humble piece of pottery from ancient Persia or Pompeii, or a finely wrought page from a medieval illuminated manuscript toiled over by a nameless monk, or a primitive tool with a carved handle, I am moved to tears. The unknown life of the maker is evanescent in its brevity, but the work of his or her hands and heart remains."
Author: Susan Vreeland
20. "For humble individuals like myself, there is one poor comfort, which is this, viz. that gout, unlike any other disease, kills more rich men than poor, more wise men than simple."
Author: Thomas Sydenham
21. "Arrogance likes to appear humble in public."
Author: Toba Beta
Quotes About Humble Tagalog Pictures