Famous Quotes About Hurting Another Person
Browse 19 famous quotes and sayings about Hurting Another Person.
Top Quotes About Hurting Another Person
1. "We can't have moral obligations to every single person in this world. We have moral obligations to those who we come up against, who enter into our moral space, so to speak. That means neighbors, people we deal with, and so on."
Author: Alexander McCall Smith
2. "Thinking? You're not thinking. You're reasoning without reasons, and that's just another word for prejudice."
Author: Anthony McGowan
3. "We feel that to reveal embarrassing or private things, we have given someone something, that, like a primitive person fearing that a photographer will steal his soul, we identify our secrets, our past and their blotches, with our identity, that revealing our habits or losses or deeds somehow makes one less of oneself."
Author: Dave Eggers
4. "You're not playing the game," he said grimly. "English gossip isn't supposed to get back to the person it's about."
Author: Elaine Dundy
5. "Books and drafts mean something quite different for different thinkers. One collects in a book the lights he was able to steal and carry home swiftly out of the rays of some insight that suddenly dawned on him, while another thinker offers us nothing but shadows - images in black and grey of what had built up in his soul the day before."
Author: Friedrich Nietzsche
6. "The pretty ones are usually unhappy. They expect everyone to be enamored of their beauty. How can a person be content when their happiness lies in someone else's hands, ready to be crushed at any moment? Ordinary-looking people are far superior, because they are forced to actually work hard to achieve their goals, instead of expecting people to fall all over themselves to help them."
Author: J. Cornell Michel
7. "I never got to call myself a door-to-door salesman, because, regrettably, I only ever went to one door. But one day I just might knock on another door, to be able to proudly say that I was once a door-to-door salesman."
Author: Jarod Kintz
8. "When I'm near a native community, I visit it. If I hear there's a spiritual person in the neighborhood, I'll seek them out."
Author: Jon Voight
9. "If shame still has any meaning in this hell we're expected to live...it is thanks to that person who had the courage to go and kill,... Agreed, but shame won't fill our plates,... You're right in what you say, there have always been those who have filled their bellies because they had no sense of shame."
Author: José Saramago
10. "Acting is very much like a child making believe. I'm not one to become a character, but I fall in love with the character. It's like having faith; you're going to be that person for a while."
Author: Lusia Strus
11. "On the issue of censorship of pornography and rock music, do you see that as a religious issue, too?Yes, I do. Incidentally, I don't like rock music. I never have liked it. I have never understood it, and I can't hear the lyrics. I think that most people can't hear them either. I'm still stuck with Chopin and Beethoven and Bach, and all those old ones. The whole point is, I feel that everyone who wants to say anything, do anything, should be able to say anything or do anything, within the limits of not hurting another person. And I don't see how rock music hurts anybody, or I don't see that pornography hurts anybody."
Author: Madalyn Murray O'Hair
12. "I feel that everyone who wants to say anything, do anything, should be able to say anything or do anything, within the limits of not hurting another person."
Author: Madalyn Murray O'Hair
13. "[Harrier] locked eyes with Zanattar. He couldn't remember another time in his life when he'd been this angry and hadn't hit something."
Author: Mercedes Lackey
14. "All those Jesus freaks ever had to do was listen to my records, and it would have been obvious. But they just wanted to use me for publicity. And I suppose I didn't care that much, 'cos every time they attacked me, I got my ugly mug on the telly and sold another hundred thousand records. I should probably have sent them a Christmas card."
Author: Ozzy Osbourne
15. "I learned that one person hurting another really is like a hand curling into a fist to smash the foot. And that all that really matters is family and other people. And that the purpose of life is to find the Light of God, but not the light from some old guy with a beard sitting up there judging us. The light is the love we give each other on our way back home. And that God wouldn't mind if we spent a little less time telling him how great he is and a little more time loving each other, and not just the people we're supposed to love, but everyone."
Author: Paul H. Magid
16. "Once a person knows a kiss and a kind word, you can't blame him for never wanting to live without them again. - "The Bridges of Madison County""
Author: Robert James Waller
17. "I'm stuck up in these here mountains with the dumbest smart person I ever be meetin'."
Author: Samantha Young
18. "Then they went on to discuss other things because there is always something more to a person than what somebody else does to them."
Author: Sarah Schulman
19. "Why should I blame her that she filled my daysWith misery, or that she would of late Have taught to ignorant men most violent ways,Or hurled the little streets upon the great, Had they but courage equal to desire?What could have made her peaceful with a mindThat nobleness made simple as a fire,With beauty like a tightened bow, a kindThat is not natural in an age like thisBeing high and solitary and most stern?Why, what could she have done, being what she is?Was there another Troy for her to burn?"
Author: W.B. Yeats
Quotes About Hurting Another Person Pictures