Famous Quotes About Huss
Browse 90 famous quotes and sayings about Huss.
Top Quotes About Huss
1. "It is now conventional wisdom that Americans do not care why we went to war in Iraq, that it is enough that the world is better off without Saddam Hussein."
Author: Adam Schiff
2. "Gamal Abdul Nasir pernah berjanji kepada kita untuk melemparkan Israel ke dalam lautan, namun beliau malah menyerahkan Sinai kepada Israel, menghumban para ulama ke dalam penjara dan kemudian membunuh mereka di tali gantung.Saddam Hussein pernah berjanji akan membakar separuh bumi Israel dengan senjata kimianya, namun beliau malah membakar bumi Kuwait dan menyelamatkan bangsa Israel. Ahmadi Nejad sekarang telah mengucapkan talak tiga kepada Israel dan berjanji menghapus kewujudan negara Israel dari peta dunia, namun saya khuatir beliau malah membasmi kita dan membiarkan bangsa Israel tetap selamat!!...."
Author: Aidh Bin Abdullah Al Qarni
3. "Here is the truth: The Earth is round; Saddam Hussein did not attack us on 9/11; Elvis is dead; Obama was born in the United States; and the climate crisis is real."
Author: Al Gore
4. "I joined the Army in 1965 and served with the 11th Hussars, which I loved. The regiment was so relaxed - a salute was more like a friendly wave."
Author: Antony Beevor
5. "The president welcomes peaceful protests - it is a time-honored tradition. The president agrees violence is not the answer in Iraq, and that's why he hopes Saddam Hussein will disarm."
Author: Ari Fleischer
6. "Obama: "I will stand with the Muslims..."Free Republic ^ | September 13, 2012 | me Posted on Thu Sep 13 2012 05:10:23 GMT-0600 (Mountain Daylight Time) by Bon motsIn his ghost-written (by William Ayers) 'autobiography', "Dreams of My Father", Barack Hussein Obama said,"I will stand with the Muslims should the political winds shift in an ugly direction..."
Author: Barack Obama
7. "George W. Bush and Tony Blair had to convince the world that Saddam Hussein represented an imminent threat. Tony Blair lied when he claimed that Iraq could launch a chemical or biological attack within 45 minutes."
Author: Bianca Jagger
8. "It is beyond dispute that Saddam Hussein is a menace."
Author: Brent Scowcroft
9. "The Chavez-Obama pictures will join a postmodern photo array that includes Donald Rumsfeld gifting Saddam Hussein with spurs from President Reagan."
Author: Christine Pelosi
10. "George Bush made a mistake when he referred to the Saddam Hussein regime as 'evil.' Every liberal and leftist knows how to titter at such black-and-white moral absolutism. What the president should have done, in the unlikely event that he wanted the support of America's peace-mongers, was to describe a confrontation with Saddam as the 'lesser evil.' This is a term the Left can appreciate. Indeed, 'lesser evil' is part of the essential tactical rhetoric of today's Left, and has been deployed to excuse or overlook the sins of liberal Democrats, from President Clinton's bombing of Sudan to Madeleine Albright's veto of an international rescue for Rwanda when she was U.S. ambassador to the United Nations. Among those longing for nuance, moral relativism—the willingness to use the term evil, when combined with a willingness to make accommodations with it—is the smart thing: so much more sophisticated than 'cowboy' language."
Author: Christopher Hitchens
11. "You know why the French don't want to bomb Saddam Hussein Because he hates America he loves mistresses and he wears a beret. He is French people."
Author: Conan O'Brien
12. "Saddam Hussein wrote the book on human rights violations."
Author: Curt Weldon
13. "Nasser Hussain is brilliant. I am very impressed with him. With no disrespect to the current players, he has had to work with material which is not of the highest quality."
Author: David Gower
14. "Had the decision belonged to Senator Kerry, Saddam hussein would still be in power today in Iraq. In fact, Saddam Hussein would almost certainly still be in control of Kuwait."
Author: Dick Cheney
15. "In liberating Iraq, we have rid the nation and the rest of the world from the danger of Saddam Hussein."
Author: Elizabeth Dole
16. "But fate it a cunning hussy, and builds up her plans as imperceptibly as a bird builds her nest; and with the same kind of unconsidered trifles."
Author: Elizabeth Gaskell
17. "Something that concerned the officers of the entourage, which they hid from the General in order not to complete his mortification, was that the hussars and grenadiers of the guard were sowing the fiery seed of an immortal gonorrhea."
Author: Gabriel García Márquez
18. "Anya made you kiss her?Yeah. And at our next stop, I'll expect you to deliver.I'll pay, William piped up. After you describe everything about that kiss you two shared. Did you cop a feel? You did, didn't you, you little hussy. I bet you moaned a lot, too.Too late for you to pay, she said in a sing song voice. Strider already offered, and I already accepted. And no, I won't do any describing. You can just imagine how sexy it was. Oh, and Willie. Just so you know, your imagination won't do it justice."
Author: Gena Showalter
19. "But, as you have intimated, I am among those who would be very wary of any military action in the light of Saddam Hussein's willingness to allow the weapons inspectors to go in."
Author: George Carey
20. "It was an attempt to stick the Congress's finger in King Hussein's eye."
Author: George P. Shultz
21. "Michael Ledeen—a contributing editor of National Review and a Freedom Scholar at the influential neoconservative think tank American Enterprise Institute—wrote on the National Review blog in November 2006: 'I had and have no involvement with our Iraq policy'. I opposed the military invasion of Iraq before it took place.'Ledeen, however, wrote in August 2002 of 'the desperately-needed and long overdue war against Saddam Hussein' and when he was interviewed for Front Page Magazine the same month and asked, 'Okay, well if we are all so certain about the dire need to invade Iraq, then when do we do so?' Ledeen replied: 'Yesterday.' There is obvious, substantial risk in falsely claiming that one opposed the Iraq War notwithstanding a public record of support. But that war has come to be viewed as such a profound failure that that risk, at least in the eyes of some, is outweighed by the prospect of being associated with Bush's invasion."
Author: Glenn Greenwald
22. "Bahkan di istana sadam hussein yang megah pun, ia, seperti tiap penguasa yang mutlak, selalu ada seperti itu: tak ada percakapan yang tulus, yang ada hanya tembok dan ketakutan"
Author: Goenawan Mohamad
23. "It could safely be said that Iraqis are dying at a faster clip since the American-led invasion and occupation than they did during the last decade of Saddam Hussein's rule."
Author: Graydon Carter
24. "The capture of Saddam Hussein has proven to the bad ones, to the guilty ones, to the sinful ones that they cannot run forever. Sooner or later, the other criminals will also be found from their hideouts."
Author: Hamid Karzai
25. "Saddam Hussein has systematically violated, over the course of the past 11 years, every significant UN resolution that has demanded that he disarm and destroy his chemical and biological weapons, and any nuclear capacity. This he has refused to do."
Author: Henry Waxman
26. "I have to say when we talk about the treatment of these prisoners that I would guess that these prisoners wake up every morning thanking Allah that Saddam Hussein is not in charge of these prisons."
Author: James Inhofe
27. "Saddam Hussein is a product of Western departments of state and big companies, just as Hitler, Mussolini, and Franco were born of the 'peace' imposed on their countries by the victors of the Great War. Saddam is such a product in an even more Flagrant and cynical way. Because the Iraqi dictatorship proceeds, as do the others, from the transfer of aporias in the capitalist system to vanquished, less developed, or simply less resistant countries."
Author: Jean François Lyotard
28. "Further, not only the United States, but the French, British, Germans and the United Nations all thought Hussein possessed weapons of mass destruction before the United States intervened."
Author: Jim Gerlach
29. "Animals, Huss felt, could teach us a lot about how to live if we paid attention to them. She had chosen to pay attention."
Author: Jim Gorant
30. "I can support going in after Saddam Hussein, but I want to make sure I don't go alone."
Author: John Dingell
31. "Asked who attacked America on 9/11, [Sarah Palin] suggested several times that it was Saddam Hussein."
Author: John Heilemann
32. "Hussein has a strategy. I'm sure he'll implement that strategy, and it would be to our detriment. We're embarking on an exercise about which we know nothing."
Author: John Hewson
33. "Ein Greenhorn schleppt der Reinlichkeit wegen einen Waschschwamm von der Größe eines Riesenkürbis und zehn Pfund Seife mit in die Prärie und steckt sich dazu einen Kompass bei, der schon am dritten oder vierten Tag nach allen möglichen Richtungen, aber nie mehr nach Norden zeigt. Ein Greenhorn schreibt sich achthundert Indianerausdrücke auf, und wenn er dem ersten Roten begegnet, merkt er, dass er diese Aufzeichnungen im letzten Briefumschlag mit nach Hause geschickt und dafür den Brief dabehalten hat. Ein Greenhorn kauft Schießpulver, und wenn er den ersten Schuss tun will, erkennt er, dass man ihm gemahlene Holzkohle gegeben hat. Ein Greenhorn hat fünf Jahre lang Astronomie studiert, kann aber ebenso lange den gestirnten Himmel anstarren, ohne zu wissen, wie viel Uhr es ist. Ein Greenhorn steckt das Bowiemesser so in den Gürtel, dass er sich beim Bücken die Klinge in den Schenkel sticht..."
Author: Karl May
34. "You are a conniving, deceitful hussy. I stand in awe." "You're sitting.""I sit in awe."
Author: Laini Taylor
35. "That was not part of the U.N. resolution; it was not part of the mandate to go on to Baghdad and, frankly, if we had gone into Baghdad and pushed Saddam Hussein off, we would have inherited an even bigger mess than the mess we inherited with the refugee problem."
Author: Les Aspin
36. "A part of her, the female, horny part she generally tried to ignore, sat up and took notice when he smiled, the shameless hussy."
Author: Lexi George
37. "The raised voice that surprises me, however, belongs to Nash. I creep to the door and crack it the tiniest bit, turning my head and pressing my ear to it.You are a shameless, creepy eavesdropping hussy."
Author: M. Leighton
38. "And people who do hideous things do not look like people who do hideous, things. There is no "face of evil." If we could somehow subtract all its horrifying connotations, the actual face of SaddamI Hussein looks rather avuncular, and has often been recorded as having a big friendly smile. Hitler's face, had it not become an icon ofevil because of the atrocities his life engendered, might be considered almost comical, Ch"
Author: Martha Stout
39. "This gentleman here, Michael Hussey, is just an absolute freak."
Author: Michael Clarke
40. "The timing of this sudden interest in the plight of Iraqi women cannot be overemphasized. For decades, many Iraqi women activists in the US and UK had tried to raise awareness about the systematic abuse of human and women's rights under Saddam Hussein, the atrocities linked to the Anfal campaign against the Kurds, and the impact of economic sanctions on women and families. . . . 'We wrote so many letters and we organized many events. . . . They did not want to know. They were just not interested. It was only in the run-up to the  invasion that the governments started to care about the suffering of Iraqi women."
Author: Nadje Al Ali
41. "As the Iraqi people better understand that Saddam Hussein and his regime are history, it is my hope that they will get behind the coalition effort to help them create a democratic government and rebuild their country."
Author: Pete Domenici
42. "In the post-9/11 world you cannot give him the benefit of the doubt. As a result of our going into Iraq, not only is Saddam Hussein gone, but Qaddafi has given up his weapons of mass destruction and tremendous progress is being made in Iraq."
Author: Peter King
43. "Blast your soul, you hussy!" he exclaimed in exasperation."
Author: Robert E. Howard
44. "There is an old saying that all roads lead to Rome. It seems the administration so often clearly believes that no matter what the evidence was at any particular time, essentially everything led to Saddam Hussein."
Author: Ron Wyden
45. "Arabs and other Muslims generally agreed that Saddam Hussein might be a bloody tyrant, but, paralleling FDR's thinking, "he is our bloody tyrant." In their view, the invasion was a family affair to be settled within the family and those who intervened in the name of some grand theory of international justice were doing so to protect their own selfish interests and to maintain Arab subordination to the west."
Author: Samuel P. Huntington
46. "I hope the example of Saddam Hussein will give a lesson to leaders of other countries where human rights are not respected."
Author: Shirin Ebadi
47. "What Althusser does… is to rethink the concept of ideology in terms of Lacan's ‘imaginary'. For the relation of an individual subject to society as a whole in Althusser's theory is rather like the relation of the small child to his or her mirror-image in Lacan's. In both cases, the human subject is supplied with a satisfyingly unified image of selfhood by identifying with an object which reflects this image back to it in a closed, narcissistic circle. In both cases, too, this image involves a misrecognition, since it idealizes the subject's real situation. The child is not actually as integrated as its image in the mirror suggests; I am not actually the coherent, autonomous, self generating subject I know myself to be in the ideological sphere, but the ‘decentred' function of several social determinants. Duly enthralled by the image of myself I receive, I subject myself to it; and it is through this ‘subjection' that I become a subject."
Author: Terry Eagleton
48. "And so, my beloved Kermit, my dear little Hussein, at the moment America changed forever, your father was wandering an ICBM-denuded watseland, nervously monitoring his radiation level, armed only with a baseball bat, a 10mm pistol, and six rounds of ammunition, in search of a vicious gang of mohawked marauders who were 100 percent bad news and totally had to be dealth with. Trust Daddy on this one."
Author: Tom Bissell
49. "The threat from Saddam Hussein and weapons of mass destruction - chemical, biological, potentially nuclear weapons capability - that threat is real."
Author: Tony Blair
50. "It was, however, in the interest of Osama bin Laden for us to destroy a secular Arab leader; it was very much in the interest of the Iranians because they wanted revenge against Saddam Hussein for Iraq's invasion in 1980."
Author: William Odom
Quotes About Huss Pictures