Famous Quotes About I Have Learned
Browse 37 famous quotes and sayings about I Have Learned.
Top Quotes About I Have Learned
1. "All I have learned, I learned from books."
Author: Abraham Lincoln
2. "I have learned to hate all traitors, and there is no disease that I spit on more than treachery."
3. "Any age is rough for it's own reasons. There is a time for every season, is not just a song. It is life. Everything, even the freaking planets & stars all have seasons.My 30's have been my best so far. I have learned some the best lessons, I have seen the best examples of friendship & fellowship. Some of the people I have met in my 30's could potentially be my first real & true best friends for life. I have grown emotionally, intellectually and spiritually more in the last 6 or so years, than it seems possible.So, embrace all of the years of life experience instead of rejecting or fearing them. They don't teach this shit in school people! Live life, live to learn, live to love and live it to its limits! You have universe of power and potential, strive for it.Life is too damn short not to!"
Author: Bambi Dean
4. "There are seasons of our lives when nothing seems to be happening, when no smoke betrays a burned town or homestead and few tears are shed for the newly dead. I have learned not to trust those times, because if the world is at peace then it means someone is planning war."
Author: Bernard Cornwell
5. "Learn to pray. Pray often. Pray in your mind, in your heart. Pray on your knees. Prayer is your personal key to heaven. The lock is on your side of the veil. And I have learned to conclude all my prayers with ‘Thy will be done' (Matthew 6:10; see also Luke 11:2; 3 Nephi 13:10)."
Author: Boyd K. Packer
6. "I'm 48 now and I would like to have another baby. I would love to because of all the things I have learned. It would be like starting all over again. But am I too old? I'm young at heart and I would be different this time round."
Author: Brigitte Nielsen
7. "The primary thing that people are going to try to take away from you— is the purity of your happiness. Rare is it to find in someone a pure happiness. A happiness so innocent, so spontaneous and so raw... it is the way we are born but it is most often not the way that we die. The world comes in and tries to take that away from you. People come in and try to take that away from you. I have learned not to jump into the pigsty with them. You have to protect the purity of your happiness and the innocence of your joy. People WILL try to take it away. Don't go there, don't let them. Keep what is yours."
Author: C. JoyBell C.
8. "From Kelsey, I have learned among many other things the value of turning on a dime and how you can have an extremely funny and extremely poignant moment with absolutely no separation in between... and sometimes in the same moment."
Author: David Hyde Pierce
9. "I am a drifter, and as lonely as that can be, it is also remarkably freeing. I will never define myself in terms of anyone else. I will never feel the pressure of peers or the burden of parental expectation. I can view everyone as pieces of a whole, and focus on the whole, not the pieces. I have learned to observe, far better than most people observe. I am not blinded by the past or motivated by the future. I focus on the present because that is where I am destined to live."
Author: David Levithan
10. "I wish that my childhood would have been different. I do not, however, regret what happened. This does not mean tht I would gladly go through it again. But mythologies of all times and all places tell us that those who enter the abyss and survive can bring back important lessons. I have no need to merely imagine the unimaginable. And I will no longer forget. I have learned that whether I choose to feel or not, pain exists, and whether we choose to acknowledge them or not, atrocities continue. I have grown to understand that in the shadow of the unspeakable I can and must speak and act against our culture's tangled web of destructiveness, and stop the destruction at its roots."
Author: Derrick Jensen
11. "As a historian, I have learned that, in fact, not everyone who reaches back into history can survive it. And it is not only reaching back that endangers us; sometimes history itself reaches inexorably forward for us with its shadowy claws."
Author: Elizabeth Kostova
12. "How much have i changed. i was a parent-pleaser, a dutiful friend. i made safe, careful choices and hoped that things would fall into place for me. but i have learned that you make your own happiness, that part of going for what you want means losing something else. and when the stakes are high, the losses can be that much greater"
Author: Emily Giffin
13. "To vanquish the emptiness, I have strategems. I listen to music for countless hours. The music fills not only me, but the space around me. Music, as I have learned, is an elixir that seeps into all your limbs."
Author: Etgar Keret
14. "In a word, literature is my Utopia. Here I am not disfranchised. No barrier of the senses shuts me out from the sweet, gracious discourse of my book-friends. They talk to me without embarrassment or awkwardness. The things I have learned and the things I have been taught seem of ridiculously little importance compared with their "large loves and heavenly charities."
Author: Helen Keller
15. "The chief lesson I have learned in a long life is that the only way you can make a man trustworthy is to trust him; and the surest way to make him untrustworthy is to distrust him."
Author: Henry L. Stimson
16. "This is all a figurative way of speaking about what is unmentionable. What is unmentionable is pure fuck and pure cunt; it must be mentioned only in de luxe editions, otherwise the world will fall apart. What holds the world together, as I have learned from bitter experience, is sexual intercourse. But fuck, the real thing, cunt, the real thing, seems to contain some unidentified element which is far more dangerous than nitroglycerine."
Author: Henry Miller
17. "Past success is no guarantee of future success, so I have learned to be an entrepreneur. I began to produce and direct my own projects."
Author: Ian Ziering
18. "Since then I have learned many things, and above all the way in which dinosaurs conquer. First I had believed that disappearing had been, for my brothers, the magnanimous acceptance of a defeat; now I knew that the more the dinosaurs disappear, the more they extend their dominion, and over forests far more vast than those that cover the continents: in the labyrinth of the survivor's thoughts. From the semidarkness of fears and doubts of now ignorant generations, the Dinosaurs continued to extend their necks, to raise their taloned hoofs, and when the last shadow of their image had been erased, their name went on, superimposed on all meanings, perpetuating their presence in relations among living beings. Now, when the name too had been erased, they would become one thing with the mute and anonymous molds of thought, through which thoughts take on form and substance: by the New Ones, and by those who would come after the New Ones, and those who would come even after them."
Author: Italo Calvino
19. "Since I am not actually a real human being, my emotional responses are generally limited to what I have learned to fake."
Author: Jeff Lindsay
20. "If I have learned one thing in life, it is never to take any man's own estimate of himself. He could very well be mistaken."
Author: Johann Lamont
21. "How well I have learned that there is no fence to sit on between heaven and hell. There is a deep, wide gulf, a chasm, and in that chasm is no place for any man."
Author: Johnny Cash
22. "I can not regret what I have learned. Regardless of what you decide and what becomes of us, it will not change this belief, and whatever children I may have, I will try to teach them this: that life is meant to be more than existence. Fight for and hold on to your passion, whatever it is, but surrender gracefully when the passion is well spent. For it is through loss that we learn, and grief that we grow stronger, and living that we learn how to love. Everything is a choice, and by avoiding choices, one not only ensures that a wrong decision won't be made, but also steals a soul's chance to live, to learn, and to love."
Author: Karen White
23. "I have learned that delivering the best possible palliative care to children is vital, providing children and their families with a place of support, care and enhancement at a time of great need is simply life-changing."
Author: Kate Middleton
24. "It's only with age I have learned solely to listen to things I want to hear."
Author: Kate Morton
25. "I have learned to like myself for the first time and to have some serenity."
Author: Keith Miller
26. "I've crossed paths since with men like him. I wish I could say differently. But I have. And what I have learned is that you dig a little and you find they're all the same, give or take. Some are more polished, granted. They may come with a little bit of charm-- Or a lot -- and that can fool you. But really they're all unhappy little boys sloshing around in their own rage. They feel wronged. They haven't been given their due. No one loved them enough. Of course they expect you to love them. They want to be held, rocked, reassured. But it's a mistake to give it to them. They can't accept it. They can't accept the very thing they're needing. They end up hating you for it. And it never ends because they can't hate you enough. It never ends-- the misery, the apologies, the promises, the reneging, the wretchedness of it all. My first husband was like that."
Author: Khaled Hosseini
27. "I have learned silence from the talkative, toleration from the intolerant, and kindness from the unkind; yet, strange, I am ungrateful to those teachers."
Author: Khalil Gibran
28. "For this is what I have learned, in my short life: do not act out of anger. Act from love or not at all. I have seen it, how anger makes a space for what I must call evil."
Author: Kim Edwards
29. "I have learned what must be, and therefore have come to see the whole horror of what is."
Author: Leo Tolstoy
30. "I have learned a lot from jazz. I compare good acting to jazz music. The more you study and prepare as an actor, the more equipped you are to live in the moment. Just like the gifted musicians in my dad's quartet, it takes a courageous actor to be free."
Author: Nat Wolff
31. "I've learned a couple of things. And one of the things I have learned is that every experience has pluses and minuses."
Author: Petra Nemcova
32. "Prophecy is a tricky thing, I have learned, full of edges and secret meanings and mischief. Prophecy can feel like the betrayal of a dear friends, the disappointment of a lifetime, the hope of a nation."
Author: Rae Carson
33. "I got through so much ink in the learning that the inkseller took to knocking at least once a week on the garden door. He had a gray solemn face that looked as if it was chiseled out of stone; he was stooped down like the letter C, as if he were Atlas carrying the weight of the world in his wooden barrel of ink. Maybe he did. I have learned that there is great power in words, no matter how long or short they be."
Author: Sally Gardner
34. "[T]hrough bitter experience I have learned that it is best to promise little and then to reward hard work with generosity."
Author: Tahir Shah
35. "As a writer, I have learned that each time I pick up my pencil I betray someone."
Author: Terry Tempest Williams
36. "I have learned in my journey of faith that, the closer I am walking with God, the more likely the devil will be working to make me stumble."
Author: Tracie Miles
37. "But I have learned a thing or two; I know as sure as fate, when we lock up our lives for wealth, the gold key comes too late."
Author: Will Carleton
Quotes About I Have Learned Pictures