Famous Quotes About I Love You But You Hurt Me
Browse 14 famous quotes and sayings about I Love You But You Hurt Me.
Top Quotes About I Love You But You Hurt Me
1. "During the nuit blanche I think: Henry, my love, I can love you better now that you cannot hurt me. I can love you more gaily. More loosely. I can endure space and distance and betrayals. Only the best, the best and the strongest. Henry, my love, the wanderer, the artist, the faithless one who has loved me so well. Believe me, nothing has changed in me toward you except my courage. I cannot walk with one love ever. My head is strong, my head, but to walk, to walk into love I need miracles, the miracles of excess, and white heat, and two-ness! Lie here, breathing into my hair, over my neck. No hurt will come from me. No criticalness, no judgment. I bear you in my womb."
Author: Anaïs Nin
2. "I was beauty and love long before I met you! Thank you for reminding me to no longer sell myself short or play small. My hurt is fuel to light the fire within that I need so I can pour all of my loving energy into who matters most.... ME! I don't know what lies ahead, but I know MY LOVE will FIX HATE!"
3. "He told me how he had first met her during the war and then lost her and won her back, and about their marriage and then about something tragic that had happened to them at St-Raphael about a year ago. This first version that he told me of Zelda . and a French naval aviator falling in love was truly a sad story and I believe it was a true story. Later he told me other versions of it as though trying them for use in a novel, but none was as sad as this first one and I always believed the first one, although any of them might have been true. They were better told each time; but they never hurt you the same way the first one did."
Author: Ernest Hemingway
4. "Travis pushed me behind him a few feet and stood tall. "I hope you know, Benny, that when I take out your men, I mean no disrespect. But I'm in love with this girl, and I can't let you hurt her."
Author: Jamie McGuire
5. "But you said you did not love our father. How can you have faith in him if you didn't love him?""Maybe that's the reason," Adam said slowly, feeling his way. "Maybe if I had loved him I would have been jealous of him. You were. Maybe—maybe love makes you suspicious and doubting. Is it true that when you love a woman you are never sure—never sure of her because you aren't sure of yourself? I can see it pretty clearly. I can see how you loved him and what it did to you. I did not love him. Maybe he loved me. He tested me and hurt me and punished me and finally he sent me out like a sacrifice, maybe to make up for something. But he did not love you, and so he had faith in you. Maybe—why, maybe it's a kind of reverse."
Author: John Steinbeck
6. "Clare," said a voice behind me. Not Nate's, but just as familiar."I'll get going," Nate said, backing up. "If you see the dumbass, tell him I'm mad at him for standing me up."I turned around. "The dumbass?" Justin asked."Yes, you're not the only one in town. Who knew?"He smiled. Every time I tried to hurt him, he just smiled. I'd have to try harder."You look beautiful tonight," he said, looking me up and down. "You wore that dress on the picnic we took in the spring. Remember, it was the first warm day of the season . . ." His voice trailed off."I'd love to wax nostalgic, Justin, but I've got work to do."
Author: Kim Harrington
7. "I will never be through with you, ever. I don't know what I have to do to get you to realize that you're myeverything. I exist to love you, you're my meaning of life, my reason to be, you were made for me and I was made to make you mine. What we haveis too important to me to just throw away because of a picture and an incorrect quote. But you have got to have some faith in me Layla. I wouldnever hurt you, you have to know that. I may get angry, lose my temper and storm away but I will always calm down and I will always come back. Icould never leave you behind. I'd be lost without you."
Author: Marie Coulson
8. "We cannot withdraw love without damaging ourselves. I have been badly hurt again but I see this morning that it does not really matter because I perceive the truth. Rage is the deprived infant in me but there is also a compassionate mother in me and she will come back with her healing powers in time."
Author: May Sarton
9. "Sometimes you say things because they make you feel better. Sometimes you say that because it makes me feel better. "I love you" stays locked behind my teeth because there is no way saying it aloud will make you feel anything but worse. I don't say it, because when you love someone, really love them, you don't want anything you do to ever hurt them."
Author: Megan Hart
10. "What do you think love is- a thing to startle from the heart like a bird at every shout or blow? You can fly from me, high as you choose into your darkness, but you will see me always beneath you, no matter how far away, with my face turned to you. My heart is in your heart. I gave it to you with my name that night and you are its guardian, to treasure it, or let it whither and die. I do not understand you. I am angry with you. I am hurt and helpless, but nothing will fill the ache of the hollowness in me where your name would echo if I lost you."
Author: Patricia A. McKillip
11. "You're poisonous, toxic, bad for my health. You're greedy, sly, way too stealth. You hurt me, use me, mistreat and abuse me. But your apologetic eyes, As you tell your lies, Draw me back in, And I forgive every sin. I take you back, Your love is my crack. I'm clearly a masochist, You're my personal terrorist. My tormentor, My lover, My bully, My friend."
Author: Penelope Douglas
12. "So I'm telling you, Kami, I won't miss you anymore. I won't hurt for you. I won't need you like I do. And I won't love you. Loving you is what caused all this. It's what ruined us. And I am so sorry for that. I hate myself for failing you. For not being enough to save you. But I won't fail you again. If this is what you need—for me to never think of you again—then that is what I am going to do. I'll forget you. I'll stop loving you like I do. Because, dammit, I do. So much it fucking tears me apart.I hope this is what you want. I know I didn't get it right the first time, but I promise to try like hell to make it better.Always (Never)"
Author: S.L. Jennings
13. "To the one I always believed in.I always thought true friends are never apart,I always thought that you will always be my bestfriend. But, you changed…I never lied to you, I never meant to hurt you even when you meant to hurt me, you always had a special place in my heart.those nights we spent talking, those hours we laughed at, I thought that you were a gift sent by god to me.when I asked you, what am I to you ?? you always answer with a short amazing beautiful answer, you always put a smile on my face even when I wanna cry.what changed, why am I not the same person you used to think of ? why aren't you the same person I used to love and care for ? what happened to us ?is it just me with my head ? or it's truly you ?are we heading down ? could this be the end ?I hope not… you used to move like an angle around me, now you're just a girl walking… I used to smile when I hear your name, now I know it's nothing but troubles... I used to love you, now it's even rough to think about."
Author: Saker Sunna
14. "I am glad that though someone did me grossly wrong my final mark on this world is not one of countering hurt with more hurt but is one of love and friendship. We will always be known by our actions. Let them always be good ones."
Author: Sherrilyn Kenyon
Quotes About I Love You But You Hurt Me Pictures