Famous Quotes About Importance Of Games And Sports
Browse 26 famous quotes and sayings about Importance Of Games And Sports.
Top Quotes About Importance Of Games And Sports
1. "According to Sports Illustrated, an amazing 78 percent of NFL players find themselves bankrupt or financially stressed within two years of retirement. And 60 percent of NBA players are broke within five years of walking off the court."
Author: Andy Stanley
2. "I grew up a little girl in the Soviet Union playing at a small sports club. Tennis gave me my life."
Author: Anna Kournikova
3. "We need to understand that we are not each others' enemies in this country. And it is only the political class that derives its power by creating friction. It is only the media that derives its importance by creating friction... that uses every little thing to create this chasm between people. This is not who we are."
Author: Benjamin Carson
4. "He was too busy checking out and checking in, making and breaking plans, buying and losing cell phones, playing computer games and pool, looking at stock quotes, and living the chaotic life that effectively took up all his energy and time."
Author: Dalma Heyn
5. "I offered her the benefit of my company this New Year's Eve, but informed her that as of midnight I should much like to insist that she refers to me as Master Oscar at all times. For that is whom I am, and I can't stress enough the importance of being Oscar."
Author: Dawn French
6. "If there's ever an example of the importance of making bold bets and focusing on what you love, it's Twitter."
Author: Dick Costolo
7. "If a man watches three football games in a row, he should be declared legally dead."
Author: Erma Bombeck
8. "One day when I went to see him (Picasso), we were looking at the dust dancing in a ray of sunlight that slanted in through one of the high windows. He said to me, 'Nobody has any real importance to me. As far as I'm concerned, other people are like those little grains of dust floating in the sunlight. It takes only a push of the broom and out they go.'I told him I had often noticed in his dealings with others that he considered the rest of the world only little grains of dust. But I said, as it happened, I was a little grain of dust gifted with autonomous movement and who didn't therefore need a broom. I could go out by myself."
Author: Françoise Gilot
9. "Irreverence is a most necessary ingredient of religion. Not to speak of its importance in philosophy. Irreverence is the only way left to us for testing our universe."
Author: Frank Herbert
10. "People need to take as much interest in other sports as they take in cricket, and that's where we come across a vicious cycle of performance, sponsorship, recognition, jobs and TV visibility. It's a typical chicken-and-egg story; each one is directly related to the other without an answer for what comes first."
Author: Gagan Narang
11. "We cannot and will not ban the creation of violent video games. But, we can prevent the distribution of these disturbing games to children, where their effects can be negative."
Author: Herb Kohl
12. "I think, without question, the way someone plays sports shows something about inherently who they are, you know?"
Author: Hill Harper
13. "Games are work. There are economies popping up in games now because people value them."
Author: Jane McGonigal
14. "Test-oriented teaching strikes me as anti-educational, a kind of unpleasant game that subverts the real aim of education: to waken a student to her or his potential, and to pursue a subject of considerable importance without restrictions imposed by anything except the inherent demands of the material."
Author: Jay Parini
15. "The only freedom that is of enduring importance is the freedom of intelligence, that is to say, freedom of observation and of judgment, exercised in behalf of purposes that are intrinsically worth while. The commonest mistake made about freedom is, I think, to identify it with freedom of movement, or, with the external or physical side of activity."
Author: John Dewey
16. "One of my true dreams is to do a sports talk radio show and take calls."
Author: Joshua Morrow
17. "In the early twelfth century century the Virgin had been the supreme protectress of civilisation. She had taught a race of tough and ruthless barbarians the virtues of tenderness and compassion. The great cathedrals of the Middle Ages were her dwelling places upon earth. In the Renaissance, while remaining the Queen of Heaven, she became also the human mother in whom everyone could recognise qualities of warmth and love and approachability...The stabilising, comprehensive religions of the world, the religions which penetrate to every part of a man's being--in Egypt, India or China--gave the female principle of creation at least as much importance as the male, and wouldn't have taken seriously a philosophy that failed to include them both...It's a curious fact that theall-male religions have produced no religious imagery--in most cases have positively forbidden it. The great religious art of the world is deeply involved with the female principle."
Author: Kenneth Clark
18. "From my father, I learned the importance of working sincerely at things to which I had committed myself, and to persevere untiringly even in the face of little progress."
Author: Koichi Tanaka
19. "It is a good idea sometimes to think of the importance and dignity of our every-day duties. It keeps them from being so tiresome; besides, others are apt take us at our own valuation."
Author: Laura Ingalls Wilder
20. "One of the world's most tiresome questions is what object one would bring to a desert island,because people always answer "a deck of cards" or "Anna Karenina" when the obvious answer is "a well equipped boat and a crew to sail me off the island and back home where I can play all the card games and read all the Russian novels I want."
Author: Lemony Snicket
21. "I'm thrilled to be joining Gap Inc., a company that understands the importance of integrating technology and retail in ways that improve the lives of its customers."
Author: Padmasree Warrior
22. "I tried all kinds of sports when I was a kid, like soccer and tennis and golf, and, in fact, started skating to be able to play hockey."
Author: Patrick Chan
23. "I had only played five games in my senior year in high school. I was not large enough. Hell, when I graduated, I was about five foot four and weighed 120 pounds. I didn't go with the Dodgers until spring training of 1940 and I weighed all of 155 pounds soaking wet."
Author: Pee Wee Reese
24. "Basically, I don't ever move too far past the death, burial and resurrection of Jesus, because it's of first importance. And I make sure it's of first importance with anyone I'm talking to. It all comes down to that, really, when you get right down to it. So it's not complex. Jesus removed our sins and guarantees we can be raised from the dead."
Author: Phil Robertson
25. "Jamaica is more than just the 'brand' the world recognizes so well; it's a place of pride for the people who live here, its educational institutions, its sports achievements, its science and technology growth."
Author: Portia Simpson Miller
26. "I have mad luck. I'm super-good at games like backgammon or anything that requires rolling dice."
Author: Zoe Kazan
Quotes About Importance Of Games And Sports Pictures