Famous Quotes About Important
Browse 3000 famous quotes and sayings about Important.
Top Quotes About Important
1. "I've never been to Comic-Con, but I'm certainly aware from this side of the Atlantic that it's a very important part of film marketing now, even when the films are not directly linked to a comic."
Author: Alex Garland
2. "Ethics to me is very important."
Author: Al Waleed Bin Talal
3. "I travel to Jakarta, I see what an important country it is. I've been working with them for a year."
Author: Anatoli Boukreev
4. "She is more important than all the hundreds of you other roses: because it is she that I have watered;because it is she that I have put under the glass globe; because it is she that I have sheltered behind thescreen; because it is for her that I have killed the caterpillars (except the two or three that we saved tobecome butterflies); because it is she that I have listened to, when she grumbled, or boasted, or eversometimes when she said nothing. Because she is my rose."
Author: Antoine De Saint Exupéry
5. "At a time when going to college has never been more important, it's never been more expensive, and our nation's families haven't been in this kind of financial duress since the great depression. And so what we have is just sort of a miraculous opportunity simply by stopping the subsidy to banks when we already have the risk of loans. We can plow those savings into our students. And we can make college dramatically more affordable, tens of billions of dollars over the next decade."
Author: Arne Duncan
6. "The prison was very important - as everywhere on earth. Everywhere the building of a prison is the first step in the organization of a civilized state."
Author: B. Traven
7. "You know how you can trace back moments to one action that didn´t feel important at the time? But then later, you go back and think about it, and you realize one little decision turned your whole life upside down."
Author: Brigid Kemmerer
8. "Man, I'm not trying to be important; I just go out and play."
Author: Carmelo Anthony
9. "Throughout our times with Christopher [therapist] we were encouraged to work together at communicating on the inside. He pointed out that it would be good for us all to listen-in when an alter was telling his/her story - that it's now safe, no harm will come to us from telling or from knowing. There was once a time when it was very important that we didn't know what had happened; that knowing meant danger or being so overwhelmed with pain and grief that we wouldn't survive. But now it was different. We're safe and strong, and our goal now are to uncover the grisly truth of what's happened to us, so that it's no longer a powerful secret. We can look at it and face the past for what it is - old memories of old events. Today is now,and we can choose to live a different way and believe different things. We were once powerless and vulnerable, but now we were in a position to make choices. We had control over our life."
Author: Carolyn Bramhall
10. "You see continuous movement is the important thing here. Those who remain in one position and then lie to themselves about their progress are the ones in real trouble."
Author: Chris Murray
11. "Yeah, I think there are many other important things in life, not just tennis."
Author: Daniela Hantuchova
12. "900 years of time and space and I've never met anyone who wasn't important."
Author: Doctor Who
13. "He can hum the music in his old man's quivering voice, but he prefers it in his head, where it lives on in violins and reedy winds. If he imagines it in rehearsal he can remember every step of his three-minute solo as if he had danced it only yesterday, but he knows, too, that one time, onstage in Berlin, he had not danced it as he had learned it; this much he knows but cannot recreate, could no recreate it even a moment after he had finished dancing it. While dancing he had felt blind to the stage and audience, deaf to the music. He had let his body do what it needed to do, free to expand and contract in space, to soar and spin. So, accordingly, when he tries to remember the way he danced it on stage, he cannot hear the music or feel his feet or get a sense of the audience. He is embryonic, momentarily cut off from the world around him. The three most important minutes of his life, the ones that determined his fate and future, are the three to which he cannot gain access, ever."
Author: Evan Fallenberg
14. "We can no more justify using nonhumans as human resources than we can justify human slavery. Animal use and slavery have at least one important point in common: both institutions treat sentient beings exclusively as resources of others. That cannot be justified with respect to humans; it cannot be justified with respect to nonhumans—however "humanely" we treat them."
Author: Gary L. Francione
15. "I think the director is becoming more important. To work under rushed conditions, you need to have an extremely professional director. If the director's good than the end result will be good."
Author: Glenn Ford
16. "Sono furbe e giocano d'astuzia solo le donne più o meno limitate. Mancando loro l'intelligenza pura e semplice, muovono le leve della vita spicciola, quotidiana, per mezzo dell'astuzia, e intrecciano come un merletto la loro politica domestica, senza accorgersi di come si dispongano attorno a loro le linee principali della vita, senza capire a cosa tendano e dove s'incontreranno. L'astuzia è una moneta spicciola con cui non si compra molto. Come di spiccioli si può vivere un'ora o due, così l'astuzia può servire a dissimulare qualcosa, ingannare, alterare qua e là, ma non basta per abbracciare l'orizzonte lontano, per dominare dall'inizio alla fine un grande, importante avvenimento. L'astuzia è miope: vede bene solo quel che ha sotto il naso, ma non vede lontano, e perciò finisce spesso per cadere nella trappola che aveva teso agli altri."
Author: Ivan Goncharov
17. "While forgiveness is an important part of the gospel, the good news goes beyond that. It amounts to the claim that the kingdom of God—the direct availability of God himself and His rule—is now available to anyone who will enter it through trust in Jesus."
Author: J.P. Moreland
18. "Pythagoras took the next important step by subordinating the mere matter of nature to its essential principle of form and order, identifying the latter with reason or the soul."
Author: James Mark Baldwin
19. "I became an American citizen three years ago, and if I'd been arrested, maybe that wouldn't have happened. That was a very proud moment, by the way. I still have my Irish passport, but becoming an American citizen was important in terms of my family."
Author: Jason O'Mara
20. "But Apollo told me."The laugh that came out of me sounded incredibly bitter. "Of course he did. And where was Apollo when I was getting my ass handed to me, by the way?"A pained look crossed her face, and I immediately regretted saying that. "I'm sorry," I whispered. "He was probably off doing important god stuff." Or chasing nymphs."
Author: Jennifer L. Armentrout
21. "Maybe every couple lived in the gaps between conversations, unable to say the important things for fear they had already been said, or couldn't be said; maybe every relationship started over every time two people came together."
Author: Jess Walter
22. "And if you see me, smile and maybe give me a hug. That's important to me too."
Author: Jim Valvano
23. "Progress is hardly ever dramatic; in fact, it is usually very slow. As every parent and teacher knows, education is never a matter of ten-step plans or quick formulas, but of faithful commitment to the mundane challenges of daily life: getting up from the sofa to spend time with our children, loving them and disciplining them, becoming involved in their lives at school and, most important, making sure they have a wholesome family life to return to at home. Maybe that is why Jesus teaches us to ask for strength little by little, on a daily basis - "Give us this day our daily bread" - and why he stresses the significance of even the smallest, humblest beginnings: "Wherever two of you agree about anything you ask for, it shall be done for you... For where two or three come together in my name, I shall be with them" (Mt. 18:19-20)."
Author: Johann Christoph Arnold
24. "But, as I understand it, your God is a universal God; He is God on all suns and all planets. Surely, then, He must have universal form? Would it not be a staggering vanity to imagine that He can manifest Himself only in the form that is appropriate to this particular, not very important planet?"
Author: John Wyndham
25. "Symptoms of illness and distress, plus your feelings about them, can be viewed as messengers coming to tell you something important about your body or about your mind. In the old days, if a king didn't like the message he was given, he would sometimes have the messenger killed. This is tantamount to suppressing your symptoms or your feelings because they are unwanted. Killing the messenger and denying the message or raging against it are not intelligent ways of approaching healing. The one thing we don't want to do is to ignore or rupture the essential connections that can complete relevant feedback loops and restore self-regulation and balance. Our real challenge when we have symptoms is to see if we can listen to their message and really hear them and take them to heart, that is, make the connection fully."
Author: Jon Kabat Zinn
26. "Sixteen hours ago an American airplane dropped one bomb on Hiroshima, an important Japanese Army base. That bomb had more power than 20,000 tons of T.N.T. It had more than two thousand times the blast power of the British "Grand Slam,"
Author: Kurt Vonnegut
27. "And if you take the cameras out of the courtroom, then you hide, I think, a certain measure of truth from the public, and I think that's very important for the American public to know."
Author: Lance Ito
28. "I had been a radical, a left-wing politico, and meeting the Indian people made me realize that the politics of the left and the right were so much less important than the politics of the heart and the spirit."
Author: Larry Brilliant
29. "Family is very important to me because that is the footprint we perpetuate. That is, the ripple in the water when the rock first impacts the pool, and it is those waves, that energy that one produces, that determines our direction."
Author: Larry Wilcox
30. "Of the three, the third trait—the idea that epidemics can rise or fall in one dramatic moment—is the most important, because it is the principle that makes sense of the first two and that permits the greatest insight into why modern change happens the way it does. The"
Author: Malcolm Gladwell
31. "Figo is as important to England as Beckham is."
Author: Mark Lawrenson
32. "The window opened in the same direction as the king's, and there, summer-bright and framed by the darkness of the stairwell, was the same view. Costis passed it, and then went back up the stairs to look again. There were only the roofs of the lower part of the palace and the town and the city walls. Beyond those were the hills on the far side of the Tustis Valley and the faded blue sky above them. It wasn't what the king saw that was important, it was what he couldn't see when he sat at the window with his face turned toward Eddis."
Author: Megan Whalen Turner
33. "Traveling gives you some perspective of what the rest of the world is like. I think that having the courage to step out of the norm is the most important thing."
Author: Meghan Markle
34. "If a man can say ‘My life is more important than my country,' that man has succeeded in freeing himself from the chains of society!"
Author: Mehmet Murat Ildan
35. "It is extremely important that mass media, having freed from the relics of the Cold War, served for peace and dialogue between nations and religions, the rich and the poor, countries and continents."
Author: Nursultan Nazarbayev
36. "Writer's block is my unconscious mind telling me that something I've just written is either unbelievable or unimportant to me, and I solve it by going back and reinventing some part of what I've already written so that when I write it again, it is believable and interesting to me. Then I can go on. Writer's block is never solved by forcing oneself to "write through it," because you haven't solved the problem that caused your unconscious mind to rebel against the story, so it still won't work – for you or for the reader."
Author: Orson Scott Card
37. "I believe the record I was allowed to help establish by the side of the president was important."
Author: Rahm Emanuel
38. "The Secure Fence Act, which authorizes the construction of 700 miles of security barriers along the southwest border, has now been sent to President Bush for his signature. This piece of legislation is an important piece of the border security puzzle."
Author: Randy Neugebauer
39. "It is by not always thinking of yourself, if you can manage it, that you might somehow be happy. Until you can make room in your life for someone as important to you as yourself, you will always be searching and lost...."
Author: Richard Bach
40. "The single most important aspect of the Transition involves the selection of personnel to manage the transfer of responsibility. The law provides roughly ten weeks to accomplish this process."
Author: Richard V. Allen
41. "It is not so important to be serious as it is to be serious about the important things. The monkey wears an expression of seriousness which would do credit to any college student, but the monkey is serious because he itches."
Author: Robert M. Hutchins
42. "It is not belief to say God exists and then continue sinning and hoarding your wealth while innocent people die of starvation. When belief does not control your most important decisions, it is not belief in the underlying reality, it is belief in the usefulness of believing."
Author: Scott Adams
43. "It is important what you eat now, what you do now. If we were interested in a sustainable planet where other generations have a right to a decent future, we would not live like this."
Author: Sebastiao Salgado
44. "We may appreciate and aspire to a certain level of uniqueness, but we believe it's also important that our choices be understood"
Author: Sheena Iyengar
45. "How much choice the animals technically had was far less important than how much choice they felt they had"
Author: Sheena Iyengar
46. "'Tree Fu Tom' is a truly interactive programme because it is designed to help children get up off the sofa and physically move, which is a very important part of children's development."
Author: Sophie Aldred
47. "I think that probably the most important thing about our education was that it taught us to question even those things we thought we knew. To say you've got to inquire, you've got to be testing your knowledge all the time in order to be more effective in what you're doing."
Author: Thabo Mbeki
48. "Wellbeing is about the combination of our love for what we do each day, the quality of our relationships, the security of our finances, the vibrancy of our physical health, and the pride we take in what we have contributed to our communities. Most importantly, it's about how these five elements interact."
Author: Tom Rath
49. "Our brave soldiers and support personnel are engaged in a battle as important as any the United States has ever before waged, for the success of democracy in Iraq is a crucial test of the ideals this Nation was founded upon."
Author: Virginia Foxx
50. "Money isn't the most important thing in life, but it's reasonably close to oxygen on the 'gotta have it' scale."
Author: Zig Ziglar
Quotes About Important Pictures