Famous Quotes About Infidelity
Browse 44 famous quotes and sayings about Infidelity.
Top Quotes About Infidelity
1. "It will not do to investigate the subject of religion too closely, as it is apt to lead to infidelity."
Author: Abraham Lincoln
2. "...in response to whatever Alice was struggling with, whatever had caused her to withdraw from him, he had chosen the arms of another woman instead of relying on his own fortitude, as if he'd somehow deserved more comfort than Alice herself had been able to give, or not. Which was part of marriage, after all, part of the vows: enduring those times. And this sense of entitlement seemed to him an even greater sin than infidelity."
Author: Adam Ross
3. "It was no longer her absence that wounded me, but my growing indifference to it. Forgetting, however calming, was also a reminder of infidelity to what I had at one time held so dear."
Author: Alain De Botton
4. "Love, marriage, divorce, infidelity... life was the same here as anywhere else, wasn't? She realized now wrong she'd been; the pali wasn't a headstone and Kalaupapa wasn't a grave. It was a community like any other, bound by ties deeper than most, and people here went to their deaths as people did anywhere: with great reluctance, dragging the messy jumble of their lives behind them."
Author: Alan Brennert
5. "Infidelity is a deal breaker for me. I've broken up with people over it. You can't do monogamy 90 percent of the time."
Author: Alanis Morissette
6. "He never addressed it as infidelity. To Jordan Belfort and his men, sex with a Blue Chip was a reflex of sorts – a kind of spasm or procedure or 'niche-service', useful as a form of stress relief; as the girls were never regarded as fully human, there were no problems. There were, the brokers felt, certain liberties to which men of power were entitled."
Author: Antonella Gambotto Burke
7. "Divine aids and supports are furnished us under our afflictions (Rom 8:26,27). . . . 'Likewise the Spirit also helpeth our infirmities' (Rom 8:26). Not only does hope (a sure expectation of God's making good His promises) support and cheer the suffering saint, leading him to patiently wait for deliverance from his afflictions, but the blessed Comforter has also been given to him in order to supply help to this very end. By His gracious aid, the believer is preserved from being totally submerged by his doubts and fears. By His renewing operations, the spark of faith is maintained, despite all the fierce winds of Satan which assail. By His mighty enabling, the sorely harassed and groaning Christian is kept from sinking into complete skepticism, abject despair, and infidelity. By His quickening power, hope is still kept alive, and the voice of prayer is still faintly heard."
Author: Arthur W. Pink
8. "People will tell us that without the consolations of religion they would be intolerably unhappy. So far as this is true, it is a coward's argument. Nobody but a coward would consciously choose to live in a fool's paradise. When a man suspects his wife of infidelity, he is not thought the better of for shutting his eyes to the evidence. And I cannot see why ignoring evidence should be contemptible in one case and admirable in the other."
Author: Bertrand Russell
9. "Infidelity is as common as sunrise."
Author: Bill O'Reilly
10. "Deny a man pleasure, the possession of woman's body and he will show you his true colors.He will dismiss his frustration onto her, forcibly abuse her, offend her all at the cost of his desires, the fulfillment of his this basic appetite. And if you are not yet convinced then award him the opportunity of having her unconscious and observe what he does henceforth. He would consider the situation to be in his favor and make most of it.No, he wouldn't be tender then, you are mistaken, he would be insidious much like a wild animal set loose, unleashed and untameable that is what he would really be. Or lure a woman with the riches of the world and she will prove to you, her infidelity. And that is how people are, antagonistic when forced to come in terms with denial, authoritative if the situation demands them to be and hypocrites, their naked faces unanimously declaring a common color, black."
Author: Chirag Tulsiani
11. "Justification for infidelity and dishonesty in all their manifestations lies in the marginal cost economics of "just this once."
Author: Clayton M. Christensen
12. "The cultural expectation should be if there's infidelity, the marriage is more important than fidelity."
Author: Dan Savage
13. "It was hard for them to accuse their wives of infidelity when their rival was an invisible man."
Author: Diane Wakoski
14. "Just the minute another person is drawn into some one's life, there begin to arise undreamed-of complexities, and from such a simple beginning as sexual desire we find built up such alarming yet familiar phenomena as fetes, divertissements, telephone conversations, arrangements, plans, sacrifices, train arrivals, meetings, appointments, tardiness, delays, marriages, dinners, small pets and animals, calumny, children, music lessons, yellow shades for the windows, evasions, lethargy, cigarettes, candies, repetition of stories and anecdotes, infidelity, ineptitude, incompatibility, bronchial trouble, and many others, all of which are entirely foreign to the original urge and way off the subject."
Author: E.B. White
15. "I know it's not strictly sex that accounts for my straying the motive usually attributed to men. I think it's just too tempting to have two lives rather than one. Some people think that too much travel begets infidelity: Separation and opportunity test the bonds of love. I think it's more likely that people who hate to make choices to settle on one thing or another are attracted to travel. Travel doesn't beget a double life. The appeal of the double life begets travel."
Author: Elisabeth Eaves
16. "We invented marriage. Couples invented marriage. We also invented divorce,mind you. And we invented infidelity,too, as well as romantic misery. In fact we invented the whole sloppy mess of love and intimacy and aversion and euphoria and failure. But most importantly of all, most subversively of all, most stubbornly of all, we invented privacy."
Author: Elizabeth Gilbert
17. "I think what destroys Hollywood marriages is our work schedule, not so much infidelity."
Author: Eva Longoria
18. "I can't stop watching 'Pan Am.' When I was growing up, my father worked as an engineer in Turkey, and we always flew Pan Am. The stewardesses were so glamorous! When they gave me a set of those golden wings, I felt very grown-up. Not only is the show's plot full of mystery and infidelity, they get the period details just right."
Author: Gayle King
19. "It's a very female thing, isn't it, to take one boys' night and snowball it into a marital infidelity that will destroy our marriage?"
Author: Gillian Flynn
20. "If you never left anything or anyone there would be no room for the new. Naturally, to move on is an infidelity -- to others, to the past, to old notions of oneself. Perhaps every day should contain at least one essential infidelity or necessary betrayal. It would be an optimistic, hopeful act, guaranteeing belief in the future -- a declaration that things can be not only different but better."
Author: Hanif Kureishi
21. "If you say, I love you, then you have already fallen in love with language, which is already a form of break up and infidelity."
Author: Jean Baudrillard
22. "Love is understood, in a historical way, as one of the great human vocations - but its counterspell has always been infidelity. This terrible, terrible betrayal that can tear apart not only another person, not only oneself, but whole families."
Author: Junot Diaz
23. "People are always fascinated by infidelity because, in the end - whether we've had direct experience or not - there's part of you that knows there's absolutely no more piercing betrayal. People are undone by it."
Author: Junot Diaz
24. "Infidelity raises profound questions about intimacy."
Author: Junot Diaz
25. "Physical infidelity is the signal, the notice given, that all fidelities are undermined."
Author: Katherine Anne Porter
26. "Whether our caretaker was our mom, dad, uncle, aunt, grandparent, foster parent, or sibling, our blueprint of what a relationship is supposed to look like is drafted by what we observed from our caretaker's relationship. If our caretaker took their significant other back multiple times, made excuses for their actions, helped them battle demons, turned a blind eye to their infidelity, or moved from one relationship to the next, that is what we know. Their behavior becomes our very own model of what a relationship is supposed to look like and determines what we will expect from our own partners."
Author: Kristen Crockett
27. "It had been years since she question his fidelity, but he'd stepped on to the old fame track again, and that was where the road had taken them before. Infidelity could be forgiven, but forgetting it was impossible. Strangely, that wasn't what bothered her the most. What bothered her was that she didn't really care."
Author: Kristin Hannah
28. "Lies, Betrayal, and Infidelity are like having a million red ants on you.It starts off with a sting and ends with bites that eat away at you painfully and slowly until there is no more of you left."
29. "He, however, who begins with Metaphysics, will not only become confused in matters of religion, but will fall into complete infidelity."
30. "And tell your wife whatever you want, but don't make promises you're not going to keep. And don't knock yourself out over it; you didn't invent infidelity."
Author: Marc Fitten
31. "A suspicious, insecure mind is proof that one's heart is stuck in the past. The past will undoubtedly sabotage the future by poisoning the present, which only leads the one harboring suspicion to believe that their delusions of deceit and infidelity on the part of their partner, are in fact the truth. Be cautious, be understanding, but when it starts to deteriorate- escape with your sanity before your heart ends up broken."
Author: Margaret E. Rise
32. "The villagers were speeding up the circling of events because she was too shortsighted to see that her infidelity had already harmed the village, the waves of consequences would return unpredictably, sometimes in disguise, as now, to hurt her. This roundness had to be made coin-sized so that she would see is circumference: punish her at the birth of her baby. Awaken her to the inexorable. People who refused fatalism because they could invent small resources insisted on culpability. Deny accidents and wrest fault from the stars."
Author: Maxine Hong Kingston
33. "In a way, fraud in business is no different from infidelity in marriage or plagiarism in scholarly work. Even people committed to high moral standards succumb."
Author: Miroslav Volf
34. "Because I've been on the receiving end of infidelity, I know how much it hurts."
Author: Rachel Hunter
35. "I was unfaithful even to Infidelity."
Author: Robert Bly
36. "When the friends of the Bible win a victory over one phase of infidelity, they naturally hope that there will be a truce in the warfare and they may enjoy peace. But the hope is ill-founded. We should have foreseen this, had we considered the real source of infidelity is always in the pride, self-will and ungodliness of man's nature. So that, when men are defeated on one line of attack, a part of them at least will be certainly prompted by their natural enmity to God's Word to hunt for some new weapon against it."
Author: Robert Lewis Dabney
37. "Oh thrice fools are we who like new-born princes weeping in the cradle know not that there is a kingdom before them then let our Lord's sweet hand square us and hammer us and strike off the knots of pride self-love and world-worship and infidelity that He may make us stones and pillars in His Father's house."
Author: Samuel Rutherford
38. "There's so many different ways to cheat. People think infidelity is the way to cheat. I think it's sometimes far worse to emotionally cheat on somebody."
Author: Sandra Bullock
39. "When would he realize that it wasn't his infidelity I couldn't bear, but his cowardice?"
Author: Tatiana De Rosnay
40. "Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. It is impossible to calculate the moral mischief, if I may so express it, that mental lying has produced in society. When a man has so far corrupted and prostituted the chastity of his mind, as to subscribe his professional belief to things he does not believe, he has prepared himself for the commission of every other crime."
Author: Thomas Paine
41. "Infidelity is an opium of unfaithfulness."
Author: Toba Beta
42. "In editing a volume of Washington's private letters for the Long Island Historical Society, I have been much impressed by indications that this great historic personality represented the Liberal religious tendency of his time. That tendency was to respect religious organizations as part of the social order, which required some minister to visit the sick, bury the dead, and perform marriages. It was considered in nowise inconsistent with disbelief of the clergyman's doctrines to contribute to his support, or even to be a vestryman in his church.In his many letters to his adopted nephew and younger relatives, he admonishes them about their manners and morals, but in no case have I been able to discover any suggestion that they should read the Bible, keep the Sabbath, go to church, or any warning against Infidelity.Washington had in his library the writings of Paine, Priestley, Voltaire, Frederick the Great, and other heretical works.[The Religion of Washington]"
43. "As a young woman, I schooled my romantic sensibilities on the most impossible examples. "Romeo and Juliet" is one of my favorites. I once plotted out the length of time it took them to conjoin. Four days. Four days for one of the world's greatest stories of love and marriage to play out. I do not see how that is an example for the rest of us. If every marriage on record lasted only four days, then there wouldn't be a word for infidelity. There wouldn't be a word for divorce. There wouldn't be time for anything but sex and adoration. Sounds like a charming recipe. I just have trouble practicing it in extension."
Author: Wendy Plump
44. "Sorry," said Tristan. "No can do, I've used up all my infidelity tolerance minutes this month."
Author: Z.A. Maxfield
Quotes About Infidelity Pictures