Famous Quotes About Initials
Browse 25 famous quotes and sayings about Initials.
Top Quotes About Initials
1. "Immortality is like trying to carve your initials in a block of ice in the middle of July."
Author: Arthur Miller
2. "I got his initials tattooed on the back of my neck, you know, since we both now have the same initials."
Author: Ashley Scott
3. "Late in August the lure of the mountains becomes irresistible. Seared by the everlasting sunfire, I want to see running water again, embrace a pine tree, cut my initials in the bark of an aspen, get bit by a mosquito, see a mountain bluebird, find a big blue columbine, get lost in the firs, hike above timberline, sunbathe on snow and eat some ice, climb the rocks and stand in the wind at the top of the world on the peak of Tukuhnikivats."
Author: Edward Abbey
4. "TAKING CARE OF BUSINESS...guess Elvis use to say it alot and had necklaces made with initials TCB"
Author: Elvis Presley
5. "My mother was good at reading books, making cinnamon biscuits, and coloring in a coloring book. Also she was a good eater of popcorn and knitter of sweaters with my initials right in them. She could sit really still. She knew how to believe in God and sing really loudly. When she sneezed our whole house rocked. My father was a great smoker and driver of vehicles..He could hold a full coffee cup while driving and never spill a drop, even going over bumps. He lost his temper faster than anyone."
Author: Haven Kimmel
6. "An unbearable smug look came over his usually impassive face."Uh-huh. You just keep telling youself that. You looove me."I took a swing at him, but he jumped back nimbly, and all I did was jar my left arm, making it hurt.He laughed at me, then pointed at the woods ouside the window."Pick a tree. I'll go carve our initials in it."
Author: James Patterson
7. "Pick a tree. I'll carve our initials into it." -Fang"
Author: James Patterson
8. "What I said yesterday didn't mean anything! I love everyone in the flock! Plus, it was the Valium talking!""Uh-huh. You just keep telling yourself that. You looove me."Max: (tries to punch him)"Pick a tree. I'll go carve our initials in it."Max: (screams and runs into bathroom)"
Author: James Patterson
9. "Prayer of Application to the Holy SpiritHoly Spirit who solves all promblems, who lights all roads so that I can attain my goal. You who give me the divine giftto forgive and forget all evil against meand that in all instances of my life you are with me. I want in this short prayer to thank you for all things and to confirm once again that I never want to be separated from you, even and in spite of all matrial illusion. I want to be with you in eternal glory. Thank you for your mercy toward me and mine.The person must say this prayer for three consecutive days. After three days the favor requested will be granted even if it may appear difficult. This prayer,including these instructions must be published immediately after the favor is granted without mentioning the favor; only your initials should appear at the bottom.MK"
Author: James Redfield
10. "Since my initials are J. U., people called me Ju. Or Jujube, like the candy."
Author: Jenna Ushkowitz
11. "Although Ryan hardly knew the person whose breath was playing over his cheek any better than he had mere seconds before, the simple exchange of names—or initials—had raised the bar for the encounter from anonymously seedy to merely impulsive. He'd always admired impulsiveness, though he'd never successfully cultivated the tendency in himself. Impulsive people seemed to get what they wanted. And if not, they looked like they had a lot of fun trying."
Author: Jordan Castillo Price
12. "And there were carved hearts in the trunks of trees with the initials of couples who felt there was no more romantic thing they could do to celebrate their love than scar the local plant life"
Author: Kevin Hearne
13. "Goody Two-shoes Evie Greene got herself pickled, for true. If I'd known you were such a juvenile delinquent, I might've asked for a new history podna.""Juvenile delinquent? Hmm. Aren't your initials J.D.? If the shoe fits..."
Author: Kresley Cole
14. "Some history-making is intentional; much of it is accidental. People make history when they scale a mountain, ignite a bomb, or refuse to move to the back of the bus. But they also make history by keeping diaries, writing letters, or embroidering initials on linen sheets. History is a conversation and sometimes a shouting match between present and past, though often the voices we most want to hear are barely audible. People make history by passing on gossip, saving old records, and by naming rivers, mountains, and children. Some people leave only their bones, though bones too make a history when someone notices."
Author: Laurel Thatcher Ulrich
15. "What Evie needed was a little hair of the dog, but her parents had confiscated her hip flask. It was a swell flask, too—silver, with the initials of Charles Warren etched into it. Good old Charlie, the dear. She'd promised to be his girl. That lasted a week. Charlie was a darling, but also a thudding bore. His idea of petting was to place a hand stiffly on a girl's chest like a starched doily on some maiden aunt's side table while pecking, birdlike, at her mouth. Quelle tragédie."
Author: Libba Bray
16. "My friend opened a small box which Lestrade had produced. Inside lay a beautiful silver cigarette case monogrammed with Holmes's initials, underneath which ran the words, "With the Respects of Scotland Yard, November 1888."Sherlock Holmes sat with his lips parted, but no sound emerged."Thank you," he managed at length."
Author: Lyndsay Faye
17. "Lorraina, you had to have known that I was bluffing when I acted like I was over you. I have your initials tattooed on my arm. I have your face tattooed in my brain. I have your soul tattooed in my heart."
Author: Lynetta Halat
18. "On the top of my desk there are initials, carved into the wood, and dates...This carving, done with a pencil dug many times into the warn varnish of the desk, has the pathos of all vanished civilizations. It's like a handprint on stone. Whoever made this was once alive."
Author: Margaret Atwood
19. "He tells my parents how I took every class he taught. He tells them, "You have a special boy here." Embarrassed, I look at my feet. Before we leave, I hand my professor a present, a tan briefcase with his initials on the front. I bought this the day before at a shopping mall. I didn't want to forget him. Maybe I didn't want him to forget me."Mitch, you are one of the good ones," he says, admiring the briefcase. Then he hugs me. I feel his thin arms around my back. I am taller than he is, and when he holds me, I feel awkward, older, as if I were the parent and he were the child.He asks if I will stay in touch, and without hesitation I say, "Of course." When he steps back, I see that he is crying."
Author: Mitch Albom
20. "I took a course at Cal once called Statistical Analysis. And there was a guy in the course who used to make up all of his computations and he never used Sigma. He used his own initials. 'Cause he was the standard deviation."
Author: Mort Sahl
21. "I think I have enough tattoos for now. If I get any others, I'll probably do my kids initials."
Author: Niki Taylor
22. "Artistic tricks divert from the effect that an artist endeavors to produce, and even excellent elements such as bullets, arrows, brackets, ornate initials, are at best superficial ornamentation unless logically employed."
Author: Paul Rand
23. "A thought suddenly occurred to me.I stood on my tiptoes to look over the bookcase. "Cross."His head popped up a few shelves over. "What?""Check out the magic crap."He shot me a look. "Oh, is that what we're supposed to be doing? Because I've just been drawing hearts and our initials in the dirt."
Author: Rachel Hawkins
24. "Cross."His head popped up a few shelves over. "What?""Check out the magic crap."He shot me a look. "Oh, is that what we're supposed to be doing? Because I've just been drawing hearts and our initials in the dirt." Sophie + Archer"
Author: Rachel Hawkins
25. "You were right the first time, Cathy. It was a stupid, silly story.Ridiculous! Only insane people would die for the sake of love. I'llbet you a hundred to one a woman wrote that junky romantic trash!"Just a minute ago I'd despised that author for bringing about such amiserable ending, then there I went, rushing to the defense. "T. M.Ellis could very well have been a man! Though I doubt any woman writerin the nineteenth century had much chance of being published, unlessshe used her initials, or a man's name. And why is it all men thinkeverything a woman writes is trivial or trashy-or just plain sillydrivel? Don't men have romantic notions? Don't men dream of findingthe perfect love? And it seems to me, that Raymond was far moremushy-minded than Lily!"
Author: V.C. Andrews
Quotes About Initials Pictures