Famous Quotes About Instrument
Browse 912 famous quotes and sayings about Instrument.
Top Quotes About Instrument
1. "Severability is an important concept in the context of the relations between this Court and Parliament; like 'reading down', it is an instrument of judicial restraint which reduces the danger of producing an overbroad judicial reaction to overbroad legislation."
Author: Albie Sachs
2. "There was our father, the heart we knew held all of us. Held us heavily and desperately, the doors of his heart opening and closing with the rapidity of stops on an instrument, the quiet felt closures, the ghostly fingering, practice and practice and then, incredibly, sound and melody and warmth."
Author: Alice Sebold
3. "Money is the kind of instrument which is very speedily produced."
Author: Anatoly Chubais
4. "Vegetation is the basic instrument the creator uses to set all of nature in motion."
Author: Antoine Lavoisier
5. "Guy: 'Can't you take a cue off the music?'Me: 'Can't I'm afraid. I'm tone-deaf.'Bill: 'Well, when the singing stops. Even you must be able to tell the difference between singing and instrumental.'Me: 'Bill, we've worked together long enough for you to know I'm so tone-deaf I can't tell the difference between music and silence.'Chris: 'Look, I'll nudge you with my toe before I stab you.'Me: 'It's all right, Bill. Chris is going to nudge me with his toe before he stabs me.'Guy: 'A killer and a gentleman."
Author: Antony Sher
6. "I like rock music because it's always sonically fascinating. There's never a method to what it needs to sound like. It's just however that instrument comes out that day, whatever the humidity level was in the air, what studio you were at. All that makes that tone that you can't re-create, so each song is like a person."
7. "I heard that knowing a musical instrument is a great way for a guy to improve his love life, so I picked up a flute the other day and things are looking good. I blew a few kisses at it, and it made some girlish noises. If it's cheap enough, I'm renting it out tonight."
Author: Benson Bruno
8. "The pen is an instrument of discovery rather than just a recording implement. If you write a letter of resignation or something with an agenda, you're simply using a pen to record what you have thought out."
Author: Billy Collins
9. "I write on all instruments."
Author: Billy Sherwood
10. "I changed my mindset and figured, Why not try to be really entertaining instrumentally?"
Author: Brad Paisley
11. "Males have been groomed since birth, according to the specifications of a sick and perverse society, to become instruments of war."
Author: Bryant McGill
12. "My father always wanted me to play a musical instrument, and I never had that type of skill."
Author: Cam Newton
13. "Simon's band never actually produced any music. Mostly they sat around in Simon's living room, fighting about potential names and band logos. She sometimes wondered if any of them could actually play an instrument. 'What's on the table?' 'We're choosing between Sea Vegetable Conspiracy and Rock Solid Panda.' Clary shook her head. 'Those are both terrible.' 'Eric suggested Lawn Chair Crisis.' 'Maybe Eric should stick to gaming.' 'But then we'd have to find a new drummer.' 'Oh, is that what Eric does?..."
Author: Cassandra Clare
14. "I love all types of music. Jazz, classical, blues, rock, hip-hop. I often write scripts to instrumentals like a hip-hop artist. Music inspires me to write. It's either music playing or completely silent. Sometimes distant sound fuels you. In New York there's always a buzzing beneath you."
Author: Chadwick Boseman
15. "I know my Leader; that He is just as well as mighty; and while He has chosen a feeble instrument to perform a great task, He will, from the boundless stores of His providence, supply the inadequacy of the means to the end."
Author: Charlotte Brontë
16. "The person who works for recognition devalues the work he does, that awards are first and foremost political instruments, that altruism's true name is always Anonymous."
Author: David Marusek
17. "Percussion is physical, as most instruments are. The body must function well in order to play the instruments well. Last year I climbed Mount Kilimanjaro."
Author: Evelyn Glennie
18. "Lord, make me an instrument of thy peace. Where there is hatred, let me sow love."
Author: Francis Of Assisi
19. "In the wrong hands," Leto said, "monolithic centralized power is a dangerous and volatile instrument." - "And your hands are the right ones?"
Author: Frank Herbert
20. "The state is nothing but an instrument of opression of one class by another - no less so in a democratic republic than in a monarchy."
Author: Friedrich Engels
21. "The ultimate ends of the activities of reasonable beings are never economic. Money is one of the greatest instruments of freedom ever invented by man."
Author: Friedrich Hayek
22. "The average married man, if he had the energy, could have sex with several women without diminishing the affection and desire he felt for his wife. But women like Judith- unlike truly liberated females like Barbara and Arlene- could not simply accept a man as a temporary instrument of pleasure; they wanted soft lights and promises, not just a penis but the man attached to it."
Author: Gay Talese
23. "You can find the whole world of a film in one instrument, or you can find a world of sound in the orchestra."
Author: Howard Shore
24. "The audacity of my sagacity is instrumentality to my successity."
Author: Ifeanyi Enoch Onuoha
25. "I just love crafting and shaping sounds. Actually, many of the sounds that I work with start off as organic instruments - guitar, piano, clarinet, etc. But I do love the rigidity of electronic drums."
Author: Imogen Heap
26. "And thou, Melkor, shalt see that no theme may be played that hath not its uttermost source in me, nor can any alter the music in my despite. For he that attempteth this shall prove but mine instrument in the devising of things more wonderful, which he himself hath not imagined."
Author: J.R.R. Tolkien
27. "He contrived that she should be seated by him; and was sufficiently employed in looking out the best baked apple for her, and trying to make her help or advise him in his work, till Jane Fairfax was quite ready to sit down to the pianoforte again. That she was not immediately ready, Emma did suspect to arise from the state of her nerves; she had not yet possessed the instrument long enough to touch it without emotion; she must reason herself into the power of performance; and Emma could not but pity such feelings, whatever their origin, and could not but resolve never to expose them to her neighbour again."
Author: Jane Austen
28. "The nurse knocked softly on the door of the examining room and wheeled in a shiny silver tray displaying neatly arranged instruments of torture."
Author: Jennifer Echols
29. "Musical instruments in celebrating the praises of God would be no more suitable than the burning of incense, the lighting of lamps, and the restoration of the other shadows of the law. The Papists therefore, have foolishly borrowed, this, as well as many other things, from the Jews. Men who are fond of outward pomp may delight in that noise; but the simplicity which God recommends to us by the apostles is far more pleasing to him. Paul allows us to bless God in the public assembly of the saints, only in a known tongue (1 Corinthians 14:16) What shall we then say of chanting, which fills the ears with nothing but an empty sound?"
Author: John Calvin
30. "I play trumpet. And I took all the music courses in college, so I can also play the string instruments, keyboard, the brass and woodwinds - but only well enough to teach them. If you put a violin in front of me, you wouldn't say, 'My God, that guy can play.' It'd probably sound more like Jack Benny."
Author: Jon Tester
31. "En el aspecto social, la inclusión es el principio básico. Nuestro lema son los pobres primero y para los pobres los mejores instrumentos, los mejores maestros, las mejores infraestructuras. La cultura para los pobres no puede ser una pobre cultura. Debe ser grande, ambiciosa, refinada, avanzada, nada de sobras. Además, ellos multiplican su efecto, porque son enormemente agradecidos ante el esfuerzo. No es práctico incorporar a su vida esa faceta como si fuera un florero."
Author: José Antonio Abreu
32. "You do not recognize what truth is, so you call it a trick. That is why you are not wise, Jenna Zan Arbor. Wisdom is something you cannot identify because you cannot measure it with your instruments. - Qui-Gon Jinn"
Author: Jude Watson
33. "I think if you are writing an instrumental you are dealing with more of an aesthetic in a sense but a lyric is more of a putting yourself on the line and a much more expensive exercise."
Author: Leo Kottke
34. "Money is the great instrumentality for manufacturing."
Author: Lysander Spooner
35. "Thenceforth they thought that, rationally concluded, doubt could become an instrument of knowledge."
Author: Marc Bloch
36. "Aceasta bucata de creta, de pilda, este un lucru cu o anumita întindere, relativ solid, avînd o forma determinata, culoarea alba si, laolalta cu toate aceste proprietati, avînd-o pe aceea de a scrie. întocmai cum îi apartine acestui lucru faptul de a se afla aici, în aceeasi masura îi apartine putinta de a nu se afla aici si de a nu avea aceasta marime. Posibilitatea ca el sa fie plimbat de-a lungul tablei si de a fi uzat nu este ceva pe care l-am adaugat lucrului prin intermediul gîndirii. El însusi, ca fiind aceasta fiintare, se afla în aceasta posibilitate, altminteri nu ar fi o creta în calitatea ei de instrument de scris. Tot astfel, fiecarei fiintari îi apartine, într-o modalitate care-i e proprie, acest posibil. Acest posibil îi apartine cretei. Ea însasi detine în ea însasi o proprietate determinata prin care este destinata unei anumite utilizari."
Author: Martin Heidegger
37. "Jazz is not something that can be defined through blunt instruments. It is much more poetic than that."
Author: Pat Metheny
38. "I have spent many days stringing and unstringing my instrument while the song I came to sing remains unsung."
Author: Rabindranath Tagore
39. "I'd like to hear five recordings of Louis Armstrong playing and singing "What Did I Do to Be so Black and Blue"-all at the same time. Sometimes now I listen to Louis while I have my favorite dessert of vanilla ice cream and sloe gin. I pour the red liquid over the white mound, watching it glisten and the vapor rising as Louis bends that military instrument into a beam of lyrical sound."
Author: Ralph Ellison
40. "In our culture we have such respect for musical instruments, they are like part of God."
Author: Ravi Shankar
41. "Books appear to be the most immediate instruments of speculative delight."
Author: Richard De Bury
42. "Amplifying acoustic instruments more than a little is really cheating, and everything becomes a compromise."
Author: Richard Thompson
43. "I'm the only instrument that's got the words, so I've got to be able to get that across."
Author: Rosemary Clooney
44. "I preferred not to be laden down with a big instrument. If you're behind a guitar, you get used to being behind a guitar, and you don't really perform because you can't. I wanted to be able to just hold on to the mike and sing."
Author: Stevie Nicks
45. "We decided to do some of Merle's things with modern instrumentation. We used a flute, a bass clarinet, a trumpet, a clarinet, drums, a guitar, vibes and a piano."
Author: Tennessee Ernie Ford
46. "All music is what awakens from you when you are reminded by the instruments,It is not the violins and the cornets....it is not the oboe nor the beating drums--nor the notes of the baritone singing his sweet romanza....nor those of the men's chorus,It is nearer and farther than they."
Author: Walt Whitman
47. "But ya know what, I am a part of something that happened. I'm a part of the music that happened. My voice is one more instrument, is what it is. So that's the way I feel about people who play on sessions."
Author: Waylon Jennings
48. "Society has wrongly driven the concept of immorality down to only the most debased and despicable behaviors imaginable. Immorality is not subjective; it is anything that transgresses God's Word. Our mind, mouth and body are instruments of either immorality or Godliness. Why argue over the relatively few unclear issues in God's Word while regularly doing what He clearly prohibits?"
Author: William Branks
49. "They [progressives] are men and women who tend to believe that the human being is perfectible and social progress predictable, and that the instrument for effecting the two is reason; that truths are transitory and empirically determined; that equality is desirable and attainable through the action of state power; that social and individual differences, if they are not rational, are objectionable, and should be scientifically eliminated; that all people and societies strive to organize themselves upon a rationalist and scientific paradigm."
Author: William F. Buckley Jr.
50. "An house is of a double nature, viz., one, wherein it is a way and means of expence, the other as it is an instrument and tool of gain."
Author: William Petty
Quotes About Instrument Pictures