Famous Quotes About Integrity And Morals
Browse 25 famous quotes and sayings about Integrity And Morals.
Top Quotes About Integrity And Morals
1. "My mother said I broke her heart...but it was my integrity that was important. Is that so selfish? It sells for so little, but it's all we have left in this place. It is the very last inch of us...but within that inch we are free."
Author: Alan Moore
2. "I guess that's the point of drinking, to take all the feelings and thoughts and morals away until you are just a body doing what a body will do."
Author: Anita Shreve
3. "Do you think integrity is the monopoly of the artist? And what, incidentally, do you think integrity is? The ability not to pick a watch out of your neighbor's pocket? No, it's not as easy as that. If that were all, I'd say ninety-five percent of humanity were honest, upright men. Only, as you can see, they aren't. Integrity is the ability to stand by an idea. That presupposes the ability to think. Thinking is something one doesn't borrow or pawn."
Author: Ayn Rand
4. "It seems to me a fundamental dishonesty, and a fundamental treachery to intellectual integrity to hold a belief because you think it's useful and not because you think it's true."
Author: Bertrand Russell
5. "I care about being able to play. If you're playing with integrity in the music, then that's what matters. But it wasn't that great for me because it was kinda like going back into the old times without the guy."
Author: Bill Kreutzmann
6. "Passivity is corrosive to the soul; it feeds on feelings of integrity and pride, and it can be as tempting as a drug."
Author: Caroline Knapp
7. "Good morals lead to good laws."
Author: Chuck Norris
8. "In a world where PG 13 means kinda-sorta-depends on your level of morals, I don't wish to loosen our kids' morals just because some adults choose to say, "They are going to see it anyway." If we don't show them that integrity is something you should always have in the back of your mind, then we've given up on them."
Author: Cyndi Goodgame
9. "The impossible often has a kind of integrity to it which the merely improbable lacks."
Author: Douglas Adams
10. "When the sun comes up, I have morals again."
Author: Elayne Boosler
11. "Today I am more convinced than ever. Conceptual integrity is central to product quality. Having a system architect is the most important single step toward conceptual integrity. These principles are by no means limited to software systems, but to the design of any complex construct, whether a computer, an airplane, a Strategic Defense Initiative, a Global Positioning System. After teaching a software engineering laboratory more than 20 times, I came to insist that student teams as small as four people choose a manager and a separate architect. Defining distinct roles in such small teams may be a little extreme, but I have observed it to work well and to contribute to design success even for small teams."
Author: Frederick P. Brooks Jr.
12. "The remedy for most marital stress is not in divorce. It is in repentance and forgiveness, in sincere expressions of charity and service. It is not in separation. It is in simple integrity that leads a man and a woman to square up their shoulders and meet their obligations. It is found in the Golden Rule, a time-honored principle that should first and foremost find expression in marriage."
Author: Gordon B. Hinckley
13. "Democrats always like to brag that their guys are smarter than the opponents and Republicans always like to brag that their guys are more moral than the opponents. But if you're looking for morals in politics you're looking for bananas in the cheese department."
Author: Harry Shearer
14. "Like other countries in the world, China must uphold its own sovereignty, territorial integrity and development interests. At the same time, we are willing to properly handle differences and disagreements in state-to-state relations."
Author: Hu Jintao
15. "You need God's direction before you can prosper in anything you do. However, it takes your choices to begin; it takes your passion to stay on; it also takes your integrity to finish it well!"
Author: Israelmore Ayivor
16. "When you acknowledge the integrity of your solitude, and settle into its mystery, your relationships with others take on a new warmth, adventure and wonder."
Author: John O'Donohue
17. "And it is no less true, that personal security and private property rest entirely upon the wisdom, the stability, and the integrity of the courts of justice."
Author: Joseph Story
18. "They will sustain the constitution and laws and institutions of the United States, and be the champions of liberty and of that constitution when its integrity shall be threatened."
Author: Lorenzo Snow
19. "Sympathy of victims and humanity of us question the stronghold of integrity towards justice."
Author: M.F. Moonzajer
20. "Sometimes the fate of an entire nation can hinge on the integrity of one man."
Author: Mark Bowden
21. "Challenging the integrity of the non-proliferation regime is a matter which can affect international peace and security."
Author: Mohamed ElBaradei
22. "Beware when the great God lets loose a thinker on this planet. Then all things are at risk. It is as when a conflagration has broken out in a great city, and no man knows what is safe, or where it will end. There is not a piece of science, but its flank may be turned to-morrow; there is not any literary reputation, not the so-called eternal names of fame, that may not be revised and condemned. The very hopes of man, the thoughts of his heart, the religion of nations, the manner and morals of mankind, are all at the mercy of a new generalization. Generalization is always a new influx of the divinity into the mind. Hence the thrill that attends it."
Author: Ralph Waldo Emerson
23. "It's a big challenge for me to keep my integrity and some of my privacy intact."
Author: Sarah McLachlan
24. "Perhaps the surest test of an individual's integrity is his refusal to do or say anything that would damage his self-respect."
Author: Thomas S. Monson
25. "Honesty and integrity are absolutely essential for success in life … all areas of life."
Author: Zig Ziglar
Quotes About Integrity And Morals Pictures