Famous Quotes About Intention
Browse 1049 famous quotes and sayings about Intention.
Top Quotes About Intention
1. "True intentions can usually be clearly seen; however, they are second guessed due to the fact that love seems so attainable."
Author: A.H. Carlisle III
2. "The path of destiny pulls you forward. It exhumes you from a state of being and propels you towards the juncture you were created for. A new frontier that you are forced to tread with a cross on your back, heavy as a boulder. When you fall to your knees at the hands of your betrayer, you can only hope to find the one sent to carry your burden -- shoulder the journey towards your final punishment.Sometimes duplicity and treason are markers of the enemy, and sometimes the failed intention of a masterful ally."
Author: Addison Moore
3. "All men believe in the soul and act accordingly, even if they do not always speak up. If somebody has committed a murder and admits it, but insists that he did it unintentionally, what follows then with the prosecutor, the defense, the witnesses, the experts, and the court? Why do they deliver learned speeches, analyze every detail, and so on, when the very deed has been admitted to and its consequences are evident? All their efforts are not concerned with external objective facts, but with an inner problem: that of intention. It is not a question of what actually happened, but what happened in the heart of the murderer. Moreover, everyone involved in the case spontaneously believes that the intention is more important than the consequences. That means that everyone, maybe unconsciously, prefers the soul to the facts."
Author: Alija Izetbegovic
4. "He simply translated what was in LuLing's heart: her better intentions, her hopes."
Author: Amy Tan
5. "All that counts in life is intention."
Author: Andrea Bocelli
6. "What?" Connor asked, frowning at the alpha."That's my sister," Ren growled.Connor stared at him. "I know. And I love her.""Great," Ren said. "But what are your intentions?""My intentions?" Connor looked from Ren to Ande, frowning. Ren grinned, showing Connor his sharp canines. "When all this is over, you and I have a lot to talk about too."
Author: Andrea Cremer
7. "My son, Sam, at three and a half, had these keys to a set of plastic handcuffs, and one morning he intentionally locked himself out of the house. I was sitting on the couch reading the newspaper when I heard him stick his plastic keys into the doorknob and try to open the door. Then I heard him say, "Oh, shit." My whole face widened, like the guy in Edvard Munch's Scream. After a moment I got up and opened the front door."Honey," I said, "what'd you just say?""I said, 'Oh, shit,'" he said."But, honey, that's a naughty word. Both of us have absolutely got to stop using it. Okay?"He hung his head for a moment, nodded, and said, "Okay, Mom." Then he leaned forward and said confidentially, "But I'll tell you why I said 'shit.'" I said Okay, and he said, "Because of the fucking keys!"
Author: Anne Lamott
8. "The more the media peddled fear, the more the people lost the ability to believe in one another. For every new ill that befell them, the media created an explanation, and the explanation always had a face and a name. The people came to fear even their closest neighbors. At the level of the individual, the community, and the nation, people sought signs of others' ill intentions; and everywhere they looked, they found them, for this is what looking does."
Author: Bernard Beckett
9. "Mr. Chamberlain desires to avert the threat to England's peace by making England, in alliance with Germany, stronger than her rivals and so to force them to renounce their hostile intentions against her."
Author: Bernhard Von Bulow
10. "True law is not imposed; it arises from unintentional developments. (...)Law emerges (...) as something not merely legislated but given. The later positivism knows no origin and has no home. It recognizes only causes or basic norms. It seeks to be the opposite of "unintended" law. Its ultimate goal is control and calculability."
Author: Carl Schmitt
11. "The buttons I usually push don't need my force, only my intention. Buttons are supposed to be servants, waiting to deliver your commands to the machine. Instead, this loud, dumb piece of steel I'm driving demands that I pay strict attention to every turn of the road, keep my hands and feet ready at all times. The car takes no responsibility for the job of driving. It leaves me in total control.I hate it. I don't want control. I just want to get there"
Author: Daniel H. Wilson
12. "Intentions, yours or anyone else's, don't matter; they never matter and never excuse."
Author: Dorothy Dunnett
13. "Our intentions may be very good, but, because the intelligence is limited, the action may turn out to be a mistake - a mistake, but not necessarily a sin, for sin comes out of a wrong intention."
Author: E. Stanley Jones
14. "I may err in judgment, but I hope not in intention."
Author: Edward Blake
15. "L'orientaliste regarde l'Orient de haut, avec l'intention de saisir dans sa totalité le panorama qui s'étale sous ses yeux : culture, religion, esprit, histoire, société. Pour cela, il doit voir chaque détail à travers le dispositif d'un ensemble de catégories réductrices (les Sémites, l'esprit musulman, l'Orient, etc.). Puisque ces catégories sont avant tout schématiques et visent l'efficacité, et puisque qu'aucun Oriental ne peut se connaître lui-même comme le connaît un orientaliste, toute vision de l'Orient en vient à reposer, en fin de compte, pour sa cohérence, et sa force, sur la personne, l'institution ou le discours dont elle est la propriété. Toute vision globale est fondamentalement conservatrice, et nous avons noté de quelle manière, dans l'histoire des idées de l'Occident sur le Proche-Orient, ces idées se sont maintenues sans tenir compte des témoignages qui les contredisaient."
Author: Edward W. Said
16. "Anything can hurt you, Harper. Even things you're supposed to be able to count on can hurt you.""These things you speak of, do they include how we're supposed to rely on mothers and fathers never to die or leave us alone?""Exactly, but that's life, Harper. Nothing is guaranteed.""You're right.""But I can promise you that I would never intentionally hurt you and, although a promise is not a guarantee, it is still a promise and you can ask anyone I know, I'm good on my word.""I don't know why but I believe you."
Author: Fisher Amelie
17. "God's side is determined not by geography, but by those who do His will. If Germans, English, Japanese, and Americans prayed right, they would all be praying for the same intention: Thy Will be done on earth as it is in Heaven. And what is that Will? The reign of Justice and Charity in the hearts of men. Through a prayerful contemplation of war we will see not soldiers of different nations in combat, but one great family, quarreling, fighting, wounding, and all in need of the peace and charity of Christ which we hope to obtain by our supplications."
Author: Fulton J. Sheen
18. "... in St. Petersburg, the most abstract and intentional city on the entire globe. (Cities and be intentional or unintentional."
Author: Fyodor Dostoyevsky
19. "I suspect gentlemen, that you're regarding me with pity; you keep repeating to me that an enlightened and cultured man -- such as, in short, as the man of the future will be -- cannot knowingly desire anything unprofitable for himself -- that that's mathematics. I agree totally that it really is mathematics. But I repeat to you for the hundredth time: there is only one case, only one, when a man can intentionally and consciously desire for himself even what is harmful and stupid, even what is extremely stupid: namely, in order to have the right to desire for himself even what is extremely stupid and not be constrained by the obligation to desire for himself only what is intelligent."
Author: Fyodor Dostoyevsky
20. "Anything worth having doesn't come easy' is a perception of negativity perpetuated by misery looking for company. Accept nothing but the opposite of this intention and soon your life will navigate away from perpetual negative thinking and outcomes to the endless positive quality of life that exists for all of us"
Author: Gary Hopkins
21. "I really didn't write it with any intention of being published. If I'd known that was going to happen, I would have written something more sensible, because now I have to dress up as a pirate for book signings... I would have done a novel about a man who hangs around with a gaggle of models."
Author: Gideon Defoe
22. "Always I find when I begin to write there is one character who obstinately will not come alive...He never does the unexpected thing, he never surprises me, he never takes charge. Every other character helps, he only hinders. And yet one cannot do without him. I can imagine a God feeling in just that way about some of us. The saints, one would suppose, in a sense create themselves. They come alive. They are capable of the surprising act or word. The stand outside the plot, unconditioned by it. But we have to be pushed around. We have the obstinancy of non-existence. We are inextricably bound to the plot, and wearily God forces us, here and there, according to his intention, characters without poetry, without free will, whose only importance is that somewhere, at some time, we help to furnish the scene in which a living character moves and speaks, perhaps the saints with the opportunities for their free will."
Author: Graham Greene
23. "For me, writing a novel is like having a dream. Writing a novel lets me intentionally dream while I'm still awake. I can continue yesterday's dream today, something you can't normally do in everyday life."
Author: Haruki Murakami
24. "Darn! what a beautiful night! Heading towards Pandara Road-Gulati Restaurant, with open windows of my baby sedan and this broad chest guy with big brown eyes.He hums the oldies well and his Issey Miyake is making me lose the grip over my senses.One more thing is distracting me, he ain't wearing anything inside but a transparent white, V necked, cotton short Kurta.I can see the hair winking out and his collar bones!!Not only men get excited by transparent dresses but women as well.His broad shoulders and chest is my weakness and he knows it.This man is not doing good to me!It's a crime to seduce in this way, when you are not touched, when you are distracted by the aroma of his skin, when you know, he is well aware of the intentions..when you can't do anything except getting seduced by the corner stretching smile of a man with animal instinct..I certainly am missing myself to be tied up to the bedpost,choked and groaning his name!"
25. "Perdition awaits at the end of a road constructed entirely from good intentions, the devil emerges from the details and hell abides in the small print."
Author: Iain M. Banks
26. "We must not be so ready to fancy ourselves intentionally injured... It is very often nothing but our own vanity that deceives us."
Author: Jane Austen
27. "A dog has no use for fancy cars or big homes or designer clothes. Status symbol means nothing to him. A waterlogged stick will do just fine. A dog judges others not by their color or creed or class but by who they are inside. A dog doesn't care if you are rich or poor, educated or illiterate, clever or dull. Give him your heart and he will give you his. It was really quite simple, and yet we humans, so much wiser and more sophisticated, have always had trouble figuring out what really counts and what does not. As I wrote that farewell column to Marley, I realized it was all right there in front of us, if only we opened our eyes. Sometimes it took a dog with bad breath, worse manners, and pure intentions to help us see."
Author: John Grogan
28. "He wanted to be a lawyer, couldn't afford it, so he started dealing to go to college - good intention."
Author: John Leguizamo
29. "If you saw a dog that was hit by a car in the street, lying there, hurt, in pain, broken... would you pick it up? Caress it? Reassure it? Then just throw it back in the street? Some people do that, just in different ways... to other people. Whis is worse? The one who causes the intial pain and suffering without stopping or the one who intentionally gives false hope, then injures more, and then just abandons?"
Author: José N. Harris
30. "Belief is unprovable, but it is a stepping-stone to truth.Faith is unshakable. It is neither belief nor truth but lights the way between them.Truth is undeniable. It is both the intention and the end of belief, and the reward of faith."
Author: Ken Dickson
31. "What quantities evil - the amount of blood spilled the body count, the intentional destruction of innocent masses? Regardless of how evil is defined, there will always be those in power to discriminately judge it and their corrupt policing forces that enforce it."
Author: Mahima Martel
32. "If a person offends you, and you are in doubt as to whether it was intentional or not, do not resort to extreme measures; simply watch your chance, and hit him with a brick."
Author: Mark Twain
33. "The consumer Christian is one who utilizes the grace of God for forgiveness and the services of the church for special occasions, but does not give his or her life and innermost thoughts, feelings, and intentions over to the kingdom of the heavens. Such Christians are not inwardly transformed and not committed to it.4"
Author: Michael J. White
34. "The act of speaking our intentions aloud shifts them from wishful thinking into action."
Author: Michael Thomas Sunnarborg
35. "But since my intention is to write something useful for anyone who understands it, it seemed more suitable for me to search after the effectual truth of the matter rather than its imagined one. Many writers have imagined republics and principalities that have never been seen nor known to exist in reality. For there is such a distance between how one lives and how one ought to live, that anyone who abandons what is done for what ought to be done achieves his downfall rather than his preservation."
Author: Niccolò Machiavelli
36. "You've been giving me the full-court press since you got here, and we know what'll happen if I let you through that door. But you're leaving. And when you do, I'll be the one who's hurt afterward. So why start something you have no intention of finishing?"- Lexie"
Author: Nicholas Sparks
37. "Even the distribution of rations leaves much to be desired; the fatigue party, well-intentioned and sympathetic though it be, often finds itself short of provisions."
Author: Patrick MacGill
38. "Any time women come together with a collective intention, it's a powerful thing. Whether it's sitting down making a quilt, in a kitchen preparing a meal, in a club reading the same book, or around the table playing cards, or planning a birthday party, when women come together with a collective intention, magic happens."
Author: Phylicia Rashad
39. "He's spilled the beans. He's poured out His intentions, allowing us full access. The humans put the Forbidden Book on display tables and shelves. But we actually read it; indeed we must no matter how loathsome."
Author: Randy Alcorn
40. "Neville recommends at the end of every day, before you go to sleep, to think through the events of the day. If any events or moments did not go the way you wanted, replay them in your mind in a way that thrills you. As you recreate those events in your mind exactly as you want, you are cleaning up your frequency from the day and you are emitting a new signal and frequency for tomorrow. You have intentionally created new picture for your future. It is never too late to change the pictures."
Author: Rhonda Byrne
41. "If you're losing the battle against a persistent bad habit, an addiction, or a temptation, and you're stuck in a repeating cycle of good intention-failure-guilt, you will not get better on your own! You need the help of other people. Some temptations are only overcome with the help of a partner who prays for you, encourages you, and holds you accountable."
Author: Rick Warren
42. "My intentions have been, and are always, to just really get behind what my ideas are musically and to just ride this thing out, cause it feels good, and I think for the most part it's good music. Even when it's not, I'd like to still search for something that could be even like a little bit mind-blowing or shocking to me."
Author: Ryan Adams
43. "He probably ate girls like her for breakfast. They all did. They all had. She had no intention of being eaten for breakfast, ever again.Her naughty brain took that thought, twirled it around and had a party with it."
Author: Shannon McKenna
44. "Ain't real big on fear. I tried it once, and well… didn't like the taste of it. Burped it up for days afterwards and have no intention of doing that again. "-Jess 'Sundown"
Author: Sherrilyn Kenyon
45. "The intention that man should be happy is not in the plan of Creation."
Author: Sigmund Freud
46. "Good intentions are not enough. They've never put an onion in the soup yet."
Author: Sonya Levien
47. "My character is self-important, poorly informed, well-intentioned but an idiot, ... So we said, `Let's give him a promotion."
Author: Stephen Colbert
48. "God directs his people not simply to worship but to sing his praises "before the nations." We are called not simply to communicate the gospel to nonbelievers; we must also intentionally celebrate the gospel before them."
Author: Timothy Keller
49. "Much of your thinking, focus, and reactions, comes from your mindset. Your "mindset" is the image and identity you hold, of your qualities and characteristics and whether you can intentionally ReThink and change your mindset."
Author: Tony Dovale
50. "Formed with good intentions, with the right ideals and the right goals."
Author: Veronica Roth
Quotes About Intention Pictures