Famous Quotes About Ironmen
Browse 1253 famous quotes and sayings about Ironmen.
Top Quotes About Ironmen
1. "My mom sent me to regular high school because she wanted me to have that experience and not say that I missed out, but I didn't like it at all. I'm more comfortable in the world that I'm in, I grew up in it so when I get around normal kids in regular high school I don't know what to do. I feel more secure in an adult environment."
Author: Alexa Vega
2. "My preferred environment is by the sea or somewhere rural. I don't want to be in a city, I don't want to visit New York and I don't want to go shopping."
Author: Amanda Donohoe
3. "Global markets must be balanced by global values such as respect for human rights and international law, democracy, security and sustainable economic and environmental development."
Author: Anna Lindh
4. "It is our duty to see that our future citizens are well born; that they are properly nourished, and are reared in that environment most likely to develop in them their full capacity and powers."
Author: Arthur Capper
5. "Clearly, Mayor Bloomberg did some things right. I think he did a very good job on public health. He did a very good job on environment. I think he was right to achieve mayoral control of education. I don't think he then applied it the right way."
Author: Bill De Blasio
6. "Fracking is doable if there's full disclosure of all chemicals used. Secondly, science dictates the policy rather than politics. Third, there's collaboration between environmental groups and the natural gas industry."
Author: Bill Richardson
7. "You can imagine what a dorm room environment is to a CF parent. It's like, oh my God. It's crazy."
Author: Boomer Esiason
8. "When the environment makes gender salient, there is a ripple effect on the mind. We start to think of ourselves in terms of our gender, and stereotypes and social expectations become more prominent in the mind. This can change self-perception, alter interests, debilitate or enhance ability, and trigger unintentional discrimination. In other words, the social context influences who you are, how you think, and what you do. And these thoughts, attitudes, and behaviors of yours, in turn, become part of the social context. It's intimate. It's messy. And it demands a different way of thinking about gender."
Author: Cordelia Fine
9. "It is our collective and individual responsibility to preserve and tend to the environment in which we all live."
Author: Dalai Lama XIV
10. "To shake your rump is to be environmentally aware."
Author: David Byrne
11. "It is possible to build a virtual-reality generator whose repertoire includes every possible environment."
Author: David Deutsch
12. "The environment doesn't change that radically. You are still going to go home at night and NBC is going to be there, ABC and CBS will still be there."
Author: Dick Wolf
13. "The only truly dependable production technologies are those that are sustainable over the long term. By that very definition, they must avoid erosion, pollution, environmental degradation, and resource waste. Any rational food-production system will emphasize the well-being of the soil-air-water biosphere, the creatures which inhabit it, and the human beings who depend upon it."
Author: Eliot Coleman
14. "My role is not to choose between safeguarding the economy and protecting the environment - it's about doing both."
Author: Geoff Hoon
15. "In threatening times like these, what good is a peace that demands a controlled environment? We need a peace of heart and mind to see us through the storm when our environment goes berserk."
Author: George Foster
16. "So to hope to be able to have peace, to be able to have justice and environmental balance, are consequences of our behavior, not just our intentions."
Author: Godfrey Reggio
17. "Repotting a plant gives it space to grow. Repotting ourselves means taking leave of our everyday environments and walking into unfamiliar territory—of the heart, of the mind and of the spirit. It isn't easy. The older we get, the more likely we are to have remained in the same place for some time. We stay because it's secure. We know the boundaries and, inside of them, we feel safe. Our roots cling to the walls we have long known. But remaining inside can keep us from thriving. Indeed, without new experiences or ideas, we slowly grow more and more tightly bound, eventually turning into less vibrant versions of who we might have been.Repotting means accepting that the way is forward, not back. It means realizing that we won't again fit into our old shells. But that's not failure. That's living."
Author: Heather Cochran
18. "Once you develop your own style, you know when you're able to give your best. Feeling at home is part of it, and I don't think that's an L.A. thing. It's a matter of the environment and of what affects you."
Author: Herb Ritts
19. "In self-defence, you know, all life eventually accommodates itself to its environment, and human life is no exception."
Author: Jacob A. Riis
20. "Mind is the Master power that moulds and makes, And Man is Mind, and evermore he takes The tool of Thought, and, shaping what he wills, Brings forth a thousand joys, a thousand ills:— He thinks in secret, and it comes to pass: Environment is but his looking-glass."
Author: James Allen
21. "Until men learn to celebrate and operate on the feminine aspect of themselves and stop the oppression of women, children, the environment, other species, we don't have a world to live in. It's not a world that anyone chooses to live in."
Author: James Cromwell
22. "You cannot escape the results of your thoughts. Whatever your present environment may be, you will fall, remain or rise with your thoughts, your vision, your ideal. You will become as small as your controlling desire; as great as your dominant aspiration."
Author: James Lane Allen
23. "Despite Arizona's remarkable growth in recent years, we have met the current federal health standards for ozone pollution and the Environmental Protection Agency recently approved our dust control plan."
Author: Jane D. Hull
24. "True art, when it happens to us, challenges the 'I' that we are. A love-parallel would be just; falling in love challenges the reality to which we lay claim, part of the pleasure of love and part of its terror, is the world turned upside down. We want and we don't want, the cutting edge, the upset, the new views. Mostly we work hard at taming our emotional environment just as we work hard at taming our aesthetic environment. We already have tamed our physical environment. And are we happy with all this tameness? Are you?"
Author: Jeanette Winterson
25. "I'm pretty adaptable and can adjust to any environment."
Author: Jennie Finch
26. "I grew up in a very bohemian environment in southern Sweden, so I was always, always, always in black jeans."
Author: Johan Lindeberg
27. "The leader's Attitude is like a thermostat for the place she works. If her attitude is good, the atmosphere is pleasant, and the environment is easy to work in. But if her attitude is bad, the temperature is insufferable."
Author: John C. Maxwell
28. "One of the best kept secrets in America is that people are aching to make a commitment, if they only had the freedom and environment in which to do so."
Author: John Naisbitt
29. "It's a sad day when a cartoon is doing more and cares more and pays more attention to the environment than our president."
Author: Kathy Najimy
30. "At Current, television is all we do - that's our business. We don't have amusement parks I have to worry about, we don't have environmental cases against us, we don't have a series of outdoor-advertising companies."
Author: Keith Olbermann
31. "The fact is that given the challenges we face, education doesn't need to be reformed -- it needs to be transformed. The key to this transformation is not to standardize education, but to personalize it, to build achievement on discovering the individual talents of each child, to put students in an environment where they want to learn and where they can naturally discover their true passions."
Author: Ken Robinson
32. "We don't understand the power of nature and the world because we don't live with it. Our environment is designed to sustain us. We are the domestic pets of a human zoo called civilization."
Author: Laurence Gonzales
33. "The root cause of the looming energy problem - and the key to easing environmental, economic and religious tensions while improving public health - is to address the unending, and unequal, growth of the human population. And the one proven way to reduce fertility rates is to empower young women by educating them."
Author: Lawrence M. Krauss
34. "But even now, with the crates piled high in the hall, what I see most plainly about the books is that they are beautiful. They take up room? Of course they do: they are an environment; atoms, not bits. My books are not dead weight, they are live weight — matter infused by spirit, every one of them, even the silliest. They do not block the horizon; they draw it. They free me from the prison of contemporaneity: one should not live only in one's own time. A wall of books is a wall of windows."
Author: Leon Wieseltier
35. "A light bulb creates an environment by its mere presence."
Author: Marshall McLuhan
36. "Organic Oreos are not a health food. When Coca-Cola begins selling organic Coke, as it surely will, the company will have struck a blow for the environment perhaps, but not for our health. Most consumers automatically assume that the word "organic" is synomymous with health, but it makes no difference to your insulin metabolism if the high-fructose corn syrup in your soda is organic."
Author: Michael Pollan
37. "I don't think women's prisons are environments for dance routines, and I don't think mass murder is humorous."
Author: Natalie Merchant
38. "Environment is what you make it and destiny is how you react to your environment: whether you try to overcome it or just resign yourself to it."
Author: Nick Joaquín
39. "I want to be a lawyer, a dancer, an actress, a mother, a wife, a children's author, a distance runner, a poet, a pianist, a pet store owner, an astronaut, an environmental and humanitarian activist, a psychiatrist, a ballet teacher, and the first woman president."
Author: Rachel Corrie
40. "The outdoors, the beautiful environment, both in fresh and salt water. And the thing that concerns me is the amount of kids that stand on street corners, or go into pinball parlours, and call it recreation."
Author: Rex Hunt
41. "Intelligent, thinking people could take things like this in their stride, just as they took the larger absurdities of deadly dull jobs in the city and deadly dull homes in the suburbs. Economic circumstances might force you to live in this environment, but the important thing was to keep from being contaminated. The important thing, always, was to remember who you were."
Author: Richard Yates
42. "The disaster in the Gulf was no accident. It was the result of years of oil money buying off politicians to lead to an unregulated and ill focused addiction to oil and drilling. The doomed fate of the local fisherman and the environment were foretold in the infamous chants of 'Drill, Baby, Drill.'"
Author: Robert Greenwald
43. "In TV, when you're doing guest roles, you're gliding into a zone where people are already very comfortable. They go in and go to work every day. You're coming in, and it's a brand-new environment, so you have to get it... and then you're gone again."
Author: Stephen Root
44. "This week my son thinks he's the Supremes.All of them. So we can scratch "straight"off the list. At least I hope we can. As a gay kid he'll be a natural leader. Put him in a macho bullshit environment and he's going to have a hard time. I don't want that to happen. (Let's also not forget Wei's immortal words to him nine minutes after he was born, when she first stared into those big brown eyes: "Oh, honey. Promose me you'll grow up to like boys. Because I don't want any other woman in your life except me.")"
Author: Steve Kluger
45. "Be mindful of your social environment. By nature, the group you hang-out with will develop a common behavior and mindset. This behavior usually gravitates towards the lowest common denominator. Choose your group wisely."
Author: Steve Maraboli
46. "It almost seems as though this roiling world is conspiring to test our patience at every turn. In fact, it is. With this in mind, we would be wise to look on our imperfect environment as a teacher rather than an antagonist. It constantly shows us that we need to be patient on an ongoing basis, not just every now and then, if we´re going to realize true inner peace, happiness, and fulfillment."
Author: Surya Das
47. "Auditions are not a natural environment, and you feel judged, even though everyone is just excited to find the right person."
Author: Tatiana Maslany
48. "I think Captain Cousteau might be the father of the environmental movement."
Author: Ted Turner
49. "The Pranksters never talked about synchronicity by name, but they were more and more attuned to the principle. Obviously, according to this principle, man does not have free will. There is no use in his indulging in a lifelong competition to change the structure of the little environment he seems to be trapped in. But one could see the larger pattern and move with it - Go with the flow! - and accept it and rise above one's immediate environment and even alter it by accepting the larger pattern and growing with it."
Author: Tom Wolfe
50. "Reading, conversation, environment, culture, heroes, mentors, nature – all are lottery tickets for creativity. Scratch away at them and you'll find out how big a prize you've won."
Author: Twyla Tharp
Quotes About Ironmen Pictures