Famous Quotes About Jade
Browse 187 famous quotes and sayings about Jade.
Top Quotes About Jade
1. "I'm a cold-hearted bastard. I'm insular, I'm jaded, a workaholic, I'm ruthless and I'm self-serving. I don't do forever, I rarely even do "I'll call you tomorrow". And just because I'm here now it does not mean if you ask me to stay I will."
Author: Ally Blake
2. "Jag har saknat dig, min ängel. Det gick inte en enda dag utan att jag saknade dig i mitt liv. Det plågade mig så mycket att jag började tro att Hank hade brutit löftet och dödat dig. Jag såg ditt spöke överallt. Jag kunde inte glömma dig, och jag ville inte. Du hemsökte mig, men det var bättre än att förlora dig helt."
Author: Becca Fitzpatrick
3. "In the broader spiritual realities, no rites or rituals are necessary to know God. NONE. Any religion that insists you can come to intimate knowledge of the Divine by any means other than stillness, self-awareness, and unity with consciousness is deceptive. So-called holy texts are about religion, not necessarily about God. They are really owners manuals for faith traditions. I am not denouncing them altogether, as I love the Bible and have studied it reverently all my life. But I don't view the Bible as the inspired word OF God as much as the inspired word of men ABOUT God, as they perceive God through their often jaded, human perspectives. Again, I respect these so-called sacred writings. I would just like to see them read and placed in their proper, less idolatrous, place."
Author: Carlton D. Pearson
4. "I know I'm bitter and a little jaded, and mildly enjoy it, but am I a sad person? Am I happy? I plan on being happy in the future for sure, but it isn't here yet. So what does that make me, exactly?"
Author: Chris Colfer
5. "The news appeals to the same jaded appetite that makes a child tire of a toy as soon as it becomes familiar and demand a new one in its place."
Author: Christopher Lasch
6. "The scholar does not consider gold and jade to be precious treasures, but loyalty and good faith."
7. "Moira's made contact." He grimaced. "She wants a pair of strap-on wings for some strange reason."Robin shuddered delicately."She also has a plan." Jaden gave Robin a mock sympathetic look. "Be afraid."Robin sighed and followed the vampire. Perhaps assigning the Blackthorns to watch Michaela hadn't been his best idea. The thought of Michaela and Moira conspiring together had his gut clenching in terror."
Author: Dana Marie Bell
8. "Maybe it's the fact the most of the arts here are produced by world-weary and sophisticated older people and then consumed by younger people who not only consume art but study it for clues on how to be cool, hip - and keep in mind that, for kids and younger people, to be hip and cool is the same as to be admired and accepted and included and so Unalone. Forget so-called peer-pressure. It's more like peer-hunger. No? We enter a spiritual puberty where we snap to the fact that the great transcendant horror is loneliness, excluded encagement in the self. Once we've hit this age, we will now give or take anything, wear any mask, to fit, be part-of, not be Alone, we young. The U.S. arts are our guide to inclusion. A how-to. We are shown how to fashion masks of ennui and jaded irony at a young age where the face is fictile enough to assume the shape of whatever it wears. And then it's stuck there, the weary cynicism that saves us from gooey sentiment and unsophisticated naivete."
Author: David Foster Wallace
9. "When you're in Hollywood, you get sort of jaded about what you think the sense of humor of Hollywood is supposed to be, so you can't think outside the box."
Author: Diedrich Bader
10. "We' was such a comforting word. ‘We' meant weathering things together. Camaraderie. Safety in numbers. All the things that Havoc and Jade and Perch had talked about. And yet Mosca had seen all these things collapse within an hour of the dusk bugle."
Author: Frances Hardinge
11. "I like the ritual, the liturgy of a well-crafted, emotional fashion show. I will never be jaded with this side of fashion. The catwalk is pure anthropology, something like an esoteric encrypted parade. It can totally be replaced but it will be missed."
Author: Hedi Slimane
12. "And he, like many jaded people, had few pleasures left in life save good food and drink."
Author: Honoré De Balzac
13. "...Era demasiado el no poder controlarme y eso me asustaba. —"Cálmate Constanza"—me dije—. "No puedes estar así, no debes estar así." ¡Dios, estaba jadeando! ¡Qué poder de hombre! No quería reconocerlo, pero ya no sabía a partir de qué momento, había pedido el control de mi cuerpo."
Author: Itxa Bustillo
14. "The last clear thought I have is of my grandmother'srust-colored wall clock ticking away in the darkness of my apartment—my sanctuary where I dreamed and desired and hoped for goodness and love. I wonder how long that clock will tick without anyone around to hear it. I wonder if maybe I should have taken my grandmother's silverware or jewelry instead. I wonder – if I knew then what I know now – if I still would have approached Jade that first night and invited her into my life, only to watch as she took it from me and fed it to some Godless thing, as my mother had called it. Would I still have given myself over to her, knowing it would end the same way, with the barbaric flicker of hope that this time she could love me?"
Author: J. Tonzelli
15. "A horse broke through beside her, nearly knocking the mare over. At first Marian thought the horse unmounted, possibly Gisbourne's, running from the boar, because she saw no rider—and then she did see him and realized he was clad in the colors of the forest, nearly invisible, almost indistinguishable against the emerald, olive, and jade. It was the shock of white-blond hair that betrayed his identity, and the grimness of his features."
Author: Jennifer Roberson
16. "Jaz caught himself a Myngelle.""I'm surprised Anadyr let you out into the Plains by yourselves," smiled Corianna, "and you had best return that egg. The Merfolk will not be happy with you.""Oh....! They'll have forgotten about all that by the time I have to journey to the Plains," said Jazdyr, cradling the unhatched egg. "They don't forget anything, Jaz," said Jaden, "and our Lady Elf is right, you can't be handling that egg. You have to prepare to be a warrior.""What if I don't want to be a warrior? I can just look after this egg, after it hatches.""I don't think there's many openings for a zoo keeper in Mordana."
Author: John Hennessy
17. "Those promises we make to ourselves when we are younger, about how we mean to conduct our adult lives, can it be true we break every last one of them? All except for one, I suppose: the promise to judge ourselves by those standards, the promise to remember the child who would be so appalled by compromise, the child who would find jadedness wicked."
Author: Jonathan Lethem
18. "Is he all right?" Jade asked Sterns.He Swooned"I know he swooned," Jade replied."
Author: Julie Garwood
19. "Ohmygod," Jade whispered, panicked. She grabbed my arm and yanked, almost knocking me off balance. "Something moved in those bushes."I shoved her off, pointed to the ground, and smiled. From under the bush, long ears attached to a tiny brown speckles head peeked out. "Yeah. That bunny is a Denazen suit in disguise. Where do you suppose he's hiding his gun? Or maybe he doesn't need one. Maybe he's a martial arts master trained in the art of kickassery."
Author: Jus Accardo
20. "Jade opened her mouth - assumedly to shoot off another snipe - but froze. Arms flailing, she gave a small shimmy and squealed, "Notabunny. Notabunny!"
Author: Jus Accardo
21. "True love can blossom in unexpected places. This is Jaden pretending not to notice."
Author: Katie Klein
22. "—Cuéntate a ti misma eso, valkiria. —Se inclinó para capturar sus jadeos con sus labios—. Tanto como quieras."
Author: Kresley Cole
23. "After a minute he said, "It's like-I don't know how to describe it, but it's like I belong with Jade. She really sees me. I mean, not the outside stuff. She sees me inside, and she likes me. Nobody else has ever done that…except you."
Author: L.J. Smith
24. "Karou was mysterious. She had no apparent family, she never talked about herself, and she was expert at evading questions--for all that her friends knew of her background, she might have sprung whole from the head of Zeus. And she was endlessly surprising. Her pockets were always spilling out curious things: ancient bronze coins, teeth, tiny jade tigers no bigger than her thumbnail. She might reveal, while haggling for sunglasses with an African street vendor, that she spoke fluent Yoruba. Once, Kaz had undressed her to discover a knife hidden in her boot. There was the matter of her being impossible to scare and, of course, there were the scars on her abdomen: three shiny divots that could only have been made by bullets."
Author: Laini Taylor
25. "Yet the ivory gods, And the ebony gods, And the gods of diamond-jade, Are only silly puppet gods That people themselves Have made.-"
Author: Langston Hughes
26. "The Mexicans have a fervent appreciation of poetry and make regular use of it. It occupies a high and ancient seat in the Mexican culture. The Aztecs called it "a scattering of jades," jade being what they valued most, far more than the gold for which they were murdered in great numbers by invading Spaniards. They felt that the more profound aspects of certain concepts, whether emotional, philosophical, political, or artistic, could be expressed only in poetry."
Author: Linda Ronstadt
27. "Due to Jade's fortresslike manner, which, like any well-built castle, made access challenging, girls found her existence not only threatening but flat-out wrong. Although Bartelby Athletic Center featured the latest advertising campaign of Ms. Sturd's three member Benevolent Body-Image Club (laminated Vogue and Maxim covers above captions, "You Can't Have Thighs Like This and Still Walk" and "All Airbrushing"), Jade would only have to swan by, munching on a Snickers to reveal a disturbing truth: You could have thighs like that and still walk. She emphasized what few wanted to accept, that some people did win Trivial Pursuit: The Deity Looks Edition, and there wasn't a thing you could do about it, except come to terms with the fact that you'd only played Trivial Pursuit: John Doe Genes and come away with three pie pieces."
Author: Marisha Pessl
28. "Jaden felt their boredom, their tired eternity. Beyond that, she felt their dying essence. They were immortal—all-powerful beings—and yet they were powerless against the onslaught of ever-changing time. They were lost in a modern world, one they didn't have the energy to understand. And, in being lost, they were immobilized against it. Not even their judgments could assuage their exhausted wisdom of forever."
Author: Michelle M. Pillow
29. "Still ... I was glad for her naïveté. That was always the nicest thing about having a newborn god around. They were willing to try things the rest of us were too jaded to even consider."
Author: N.K. Jemisin
30. "The sun is a joke. Oranges can't titillate their jaded palates. Nothing can ever be violent enough to make taut their slack minds and bodies."
Author: Nathanael West
31. "Life was jaded like that, throwing them together when he couldn't tolerate affection and she was desperate for it."
Author: Pam Godwin
32. "Colors shift like smoke within the branch beneath our feet. Sprites jump from leaf to leaf, leaving sprinklings of glittery dust in the air behind them. Droplets of water are strung like pearls from the silver strands of a spider's web. Bluebottle glow-bugs stick to the leaves and branches, lighting up the night with their blue-green bodies. And high above us, clouds are draped like sashes of color across the sky. Amethyst, azure, jade."
Author: Rachel Morgan
33. "If Victor was frightened by Dimitri's threat, he didn't show it. His jade green eyes glanced between the two of us. "You two are a match made in heaven. Or somewhere."
Author: Richelle Mead
34. "Si hay algo que no tolero es a esa gente que, cansada de golpear a las puertas del sistema sin lograr entrar en él, ya sea por incapacidad, dejadez o justicia pura, se se autoproclaman voceros del anti-sistema y no cejan en la crítica feroz basada en nimiedades, de quienes traspasamos los umbrales por lo que ellos nunca dejarán de suspirar.Si hay algo que me da risa es el avasallamiento sin contenido intelectual válido. La retórica tomada como mera gimnasia o simple juego de niños.Si hay algo que no acepto es que comparen a Coldplay con U2."
Author: Rodrigo Fresán
35. "I find that by some unfortunate chance I continue to want you, you jade-eyed sorceress with your wanton gold body and your calculating little mind!"
Author: Rosemary Rogers
36. "I really admire artists who take the time to recharge their batteries and not continually call on it. I think you can spot tired and jaded artists quite quickly."
Author: Rupert Friend
37. "Anything that has cynicism to it and that's jaded is smutty."
Author: Sandra Bernhard
38. "From the time I learned to love Jade and was drawn into the life of the Butterfield house, straight through to the wait for my case to come before the judge, there was nothing in my life that wasn't alive with meaning, that wasn't capable of suggesting weird and hidden significances, that didn't carry with it the undertaste of what for lack of anything better to call it I'll call The Infinite. If being in love is to be suddenly united with the most unruly, the most outrageously alive part of yourself, this state of piercing consciousness did not subside in me, as I've learned it does in others, after a time. If my mind could have made a sound, it would have burst a row of wineglasses. I saw coincidences everywhere; meanings darted and danced like overheated molecules. Everything was terrifyingly complex; everything was terrifyingly simple. Nothing went unnoticed and everything carried with it a kind of drama."
Author: Scott Spencer
39. "A solid foundation for us makes a great partner for someone else."-Serena Jade"
Author: Serena Jade
40. "When we are young and don't cultivate a healthy lifestyle, we will grow-older and our bodies will reflect the neglect."-Serena Jade"
Author: Serena Jade
41. "Love and the traditional marriage doesn't necessarily go together like a horse and carriage." -Serena Jade"
Author: Serena Jade
42. "True equality of the sexes comes when a psychological unity of the masculine and feminine force's of one's own mind has been made."-Serena Jade"
Author: Serena Jade
43. "The interdependent couple is the new setting and their knowledge of Self is an ancient treasure."-Serena Jade"
Author: Serena Jade
44. "When we die...we fall asleep, and are immersed in a dream state.However,when we are born, the ideal is to come out of the dream state and into full-waking consciousness."-Serena Jade"
Author: Serena Jade
45. "We can't get the power of will with a pill." -Serena Jade"
Author: Serena Jade
46. "Intuition is the lifeblood of a woman and the essential character of a man."-Serena Jade"
Author: Serena Jade
47. "Simone's mother was an unfortunate mistake. Palackas, Simone's father, was a bound demon who stumbled across her one night while he was carrying out an order for his master. One thing led to another…he inserted part A into slot B, and he fell in love with her... (Jaden)"
Author: Sherrilyn Kenyon
48. "The Tezuman Empire in the jungle valleys of central Klatch is known for it organic market gardens, its exquisite craftsmanship in obsidian, feathers and jade, and its mass human sacrifices in honor of Quezovercoatl, the Feathered Boa, god of mass human sacrifices."
Author: Terry Pratchett
49. "He risked a glance at the aft-vision display. The other fighter was coming up fast, with no more than a minute or two separating the two ships. Obviously, the pilot had far more experience with the craft than Luke had. That, or else such a fierce determination to recapture Luke that it completely overrode normal commonsense caution.Either way, it meant Mara Jade."
Author: Timothy Zahn
50. "He's of the colour of the nutmeg. And of the heat of the ginger.... he is pure air and fire; and the dull elements of earth and water never appear in him, but only in patient stillness while his rider mounts him; he is indeed a horse, and all other jades you may call beasts."
Author: William Shakespeare
Quotes About Jade Pictures