Famous Quotes About Jay Gatsby Wealth
Browse 27 famous quotes and sayings about Jay Gatsby Wealth.
Top Quotes About Jay Gatsby Wealth
1. "Hold material goods and wealth on a flat palm and not in a clenched fist."
Author: Alistair Begg
2. "His quick eyes seemed to miss nothing, and she couldn't hide themotion of her fingers squeezing the fabric of her skirts. His gaze rose back to her face, lingering on herlips, then meeting her eyes. Even giving away her nerves with the telltale sign of her pinched fingers, sherefused to look away."Andreas, I think I've fallen in love.""Roman." There was a wealth of unspoken meaning in that one word, so darkly uttered. But Roman'stoo-beautiful mouth crooked, head cocked, eyes watching."
Author: Anne Mallory
3. "A person knows whom to trust the most,when he clearly knows who puts the trust on him in time of his wealth lost."
Author: Anuj Somany
4. "Not necessarily reputation, rank, societal position or status,but the happiness and enjoyment that a person pretends or fakes to derive with his possessed money or wealth or both make largely others jealous and envious of him."
Author: Anuj Somany
5. "Globally the Greens have arisen like a spontaneous combustion, a reaction to the narrow-minded state-backed exploitation of resources and wealth for a few at the expense of the many."
Author: Bob Brown
6. "Those who are coming from the gutters know that from time to time a piece of us will break off and float back to the floor from whence it came. Wealth can gray your eyes at the edges, money does not make you hover above human qualities, you are only a flawed being with much material gain."
Author: Crystal Evans
7. "There are many aspects to success; material wealth is only one component. ...But success also includes good health, energy and enthusiasm for life, fulfilling relationships, creative freedom, emotional and psychological stability, a sense of well-being, and peace of mind."
Author: Deepak Chopra
8. "It is easy sometimes to blame genetics, some obesity gene perhaps. But even if this were true, we'll still be referring to the machine. Genetics are predispositions. The body is designed as a closed system, physiologically speaking and unless acted upon by an outside or higher force it maintains its functions. It is designed to sustain its own survival. The psychological (self-ordinate command) is essential for this survival because the body also belongs to a self, one that can overfeed it, starve it or kill it as may be. It is also by material urges that you seek to acquire wealth and by self command, suppose what you consider a higher more fulfilling purpose that you choose to give it all away.The hard core truth is that despite some obesity gene, you can starve yourself to death if you want, or perhaps if you feel you have an ulterior higher purpose like an anorexic might, to look thin and beautiful in the eyes of the communal."
Author: Dew Platt
9. "We begin with the proposition that capitalism is not chiefly an incentive system but an information system. We continue with the recognition, explained by the most powerful science of the epoch, that information is best defined as surprised-what we cannot predict rather than what we can. The key to economic growth is not acquisition of things by the pursuit of monetary rewards but the expansion of wealth through learning and discovery."
Author: George Gilder
10. "Imagine the earth's population of six billion people reduced to just one hundred representatives. Statistically, that makes 30 white, 70 non-white. It means 6 people own 59% of the wealth and they all live in North America. 80 are in substandard housing. One has an education. One owns a computer. Don't blame me if it all sounds crazy."
Author: Grant Morrison
11. "To a certain degree,We all seek, life's purpose and meaning,love, peace and joy,and knowledge, wealth and power…"
Author: I. Alan Appt
12. "The dragon is witheredHis bones are now crumbled;His armour is shivered,His splendour is humbled!Though sword shall be rustedAnd throne and crown perishWith strength that men trustedAnd wealth that they cherish,Here grass is still growing,And leaves are yet swinging,The white water flowing,And elves are yet singingCome! Tra-la-la-lally!Come back to the Valley!The stars are far brighterThan gems without measure,The moon is far whiterThan silver in treasure:The fire is more shiningOn hearth in the gloamingThan gold won by mining,So why go a-roaming?O! Tra-la-la-lallyCome back to the Valley!O! Where are you going,So late in returning?The river is flowing,The stars are all burning!O! Wither so laden,So sad and so dreary?Here elf and elf-maidenNow welcome the wearyWith Tra-la-la-lallyCome back to the Valley,Tra-la-la-lallyFa-la-la-lallyFa-la!"
Author: J.R.R. Tolkien
13. "The circulating medium being issued only by those who labor, they would suddenly become invested with all the wealth and all the power; and those who did not labor, be they ever so rich now, would as suddenly become poor and powerless."
Author: Josiah Warren
14. "On 'The Guiding Light' I enjoyed working with Jamie Goodwin and Ellen Parker, who played my sister. I loved working with Jerry Ver Dorn and Jay Hammer. I mean, there's some great fun people that I've really enjoyed."
Author: Kassie DePaiva
15. "Boasting of wealth and virtue brings your demise."
Author: Lao Tzu
16. "Love makes us wake up in the morning with a sense of purpose and a flow of creative ideas. Love floods our nervous system with positive energy, making us far more attractive to prospective employers, clients, and creative partners. Love fills us with powerful charisma, enabling us to produce new ideas and new projects, even within circumstances that seem to be limited. Love leads us to atone for our errors and clean up the mess when we've made mistakes. Love leads us to act with impeccability, integrity, and excellence. Love leads us to serve, to forgive, and to hope. Those things are the opposite of a poverty consciousness; they're the stuff of spiritual wealth creation."
Author: Marianne Williamson
17. "Bill Gates and Warren Buffett have their 'Giving Pledge,' where billionaires promise to give away the majority of their wealth when they die. My Social Security Pledge is better - to give money to good causes when you are alive. Besides, more Americans can participate."
Author: Mark Skousen
18. "The RealisticVision acknowledges that people vary widely both physically andintellectually—in large part because of natural inherited differences—andtherefore will rise (or fall) to their natural levels. Therefore governmentalredistribution programs are not only unfair to those from whom the wealthis confiscated and redistributed, but the allocation of the wealth to thosewho did not earn it cannot and will not work to equalize these naturalinequalities."
Author: Michael Shermer
19. "For an entrepreneur: wealth invites fame. For a celebrity: fame invites wealth."
Author: Mokokoma Mokhonoana
20. "In Ugandan society a girl who had reached puberty was eligible for a family-arranged marriage. The groom would bring wealth to the bride's family in the form of cattle, goats, or land. My experience at the hands of Joseph Kony's murderers and rapists had made a mockery of this custom. I hated the idea, and my father understood.Hahn, Nick (2013-07-28). Under The Skin (Kindle Locations 784-787). . Kindle Edition."
Author: Nick Hahn
21. "Wealth should never be your goal in life. True wealth is of the heart, not of the purse."
Author: Og Mandino
22. "Obstinate are the trammels, but my heart aches when I try to break them. Freedom is all I want, but to hope for it I feel ashamed. I am certain that priceless wealth is in thee, and that thou art my best friend, but I have not the heart to sweep away the tinsel that fills my room. The shroud that covers me is a shroud of dust and death; I hate it, yet hug it in love. My debts are large, my failures great, my shame secret and heavy; yet when I come to ask for my good, I quake in fear lest my prayer be granted."
Author: Rabindranath Tagore
23. "We are concerned that, in a few years time, this place of discovery, with its wealth of human fossils, the like of which can be found nowhere else in the world, could be completely destroyed."
Author: Richard Leakey
24. "The road to wealth is sown with false starts and failures that should in no way discourage the poor who make good or our neighbors with new found riches. We have to give it our all."
Author: Roberto Bolaño
25. "The real difficulty is with the vast wealth and power in the hands of the few and the unscrupulous who represent or control capital. Hundreds of laws of Congress and the state legislatures are in the interest of these men and against the interests of workingmen. These need to be exposed and repealed. All laws on corporations, on taxation, on trusts, wills, descent, and the like, need examination and extensive change. This is a government of the people, by the people, and for the people no longer. It is a government of corporations, by corporations, and for corporations."
Author: Rutherford B. Hayes
26. "It is not wealth one asks for, but just enough to preserve one's dignity, to work unhampered, to be generous, frank and independent."
Author: W. Somerset Maugham
27. "O, the fierce wretchedness that glory brings us! Who would not wish to be from wealth exempt, Since riches point to misery and contempt? Who would be so mock'd with glory? or to live But in a dream of friendship? To have his pomp and all what state compounds But only painted, like his varnish'd friends? Poor honest lord, brought low by his own heart, Undone by goodness! Strange, unusual blood, When man's worst sin is, he does too much good! Who, then, dares to be half so kind again? For bounty, that makes gods, does still mar men. My dearest lord, bless'd, to be most accursed, Rich, only to be wretched, thy great fortunes Are made thy chief afflictions. Alas, kind lord! He's flung in rage from this ingrateful seat Of monstrous friends, nor has he with him to Supply his life, or that which can command it. I'll follow and inquire him out: I'll ever serve his mind with my best will; Whilst I have gold, I'll be his steward still."
Author: William Shakespeare
Quotes About Jay Gatsby Wealth Pictures