Famous Quotes About Jennings
Browse 17 famous quotes and sayings about Jennings.
Top Quotes About Jennings
1. "I think that Peter Jennings is the only decent one of the big three."
Author: Alexander Payne
2. "Working with Waylon Jennings and Willie Nelson takes you up another level."
Author: Benmont Tench
3. "It is notorious that the news of the Emancipation Proclamation was kept from the people of Texas and not celebrated until 'Juneteenth'. There may be those in Texas now who believe they can insulate their state—a state that had its own courageous revolution—from the news of evolution and from the writing in 1786 of a Constitution that refuses to mention religion except when demarcating and limiting its role in the public square. But we promise them today that they will join their fore-runners in the flat-earth community, and in the mad clerical clique of those who believed that the sun revolved around the earth. Yes, they will be in schoolbooks—as a joke on the epic scale of William Jennings Bryan. We shall be fair, and take care to ensure that their tale is told."
Author: Christopher Hitchens
4. "We're here to deliver preemie hats to Sharon Jennings," Libby explained. The receptionist"
Author: Debbie Macomber
5. "Jennings saw this and held the gun up with his fingers splayed placatingly as if to show her that he wasn't planning on using it. Not yet, anyway. "I don't want to hurt you again, Lily," he told her. "So just make sure you don't do anything stupid, and I won't." At that moment, he reminded her of John Cusack in Grosse Pointe Blank. He acted like he was making a reasonable request. As if there was justification for shooting someone thirty times."
Author: Heather Killough Walden
6. "Today the earth speaks with resonance and clearness and every ear in every civilized country of the world is attuned to its wonderful message of the creative evolution of man, except the ear of William Jennings Bryan; he alone remains stone-deaf, he alone by his own resounding voice drowns the eternal speech of nature."
Author: Henry Fairfield Osborn
7. "You and I, Sir John," said Mrs. Jennings, "should never stand upon such ceremony.""Then you would be very ill-bred," cried Mr. Palmer."My love, you contradict every body," - said his wife with her usual laugh. "Do you know that you are quite rude?""I did not know I contradicted any body in calling your mother ill-bred."
Author: Jane Austen
8. "Marianne was vexed at it for her sister's sake, and turned her eyes towards Elinor to see how she bore these attacks, with an earnestness which gave Elinor far more pain than could arise from such common-place raillery as Mrs. Jennings's."
Author: Jane Austen
9. "Sister, why do you do that?""Do what?""Cage the animals at night?""Well..." She looked up and out through the barred window before answering me."We don't want to, Jennings, but we have to. You see, the animals that are given to us we have to take care of. If we didn't cage them up in one place, we might lose them, they might get hurt or damaged. It's not the best thing, but it's the only way we have to take care of them.""But if somebody loved one them," I asked, "wouldn't it be a good idea to let them have one? To keep, I mean?""Yes, it would be. But not everyone would love them and take care of them as you would. I wish I could give them all away tomorrow." She looked at me. There were tears in her eyes. "But I can't. My heart would break if I saw just one of those animals lying by the wayside uncared for, unloved. No, Jennings. It's better if we keep them together."
Author: Jennings Michael Burch
10. "Valerie Jennings had clearly searched deep within her wardrobe for something suitably flattering, only to retrieve a frock of utter indifference to fashion. There had been an attempt to tame her hair, which seemed to have been abandoned, and the fuzzy results were clipped to the back of her head."You look nice," said Hebe Jones."
Author: Julia Stuart
11. "The records in the house I really remember were, well, Glen Campbell's 'Wichita Lineman' and 'Galveston.' Even as a kid, I knew these songs were glorious. My dad also had records by Merle Haggard, Charley Pride, Waylon Jennings, and then there was also the Eagles and Don Henley. Anything Texas, which includes Don Henley, was big."
Author: Keith Urban
12. "Each kind of generation of bands forgets how they got here. Waylon Jennings came out and they're like, 'That's not Patsy Cline.' And everyone panicked, like, 'I don't know what happened to country music, but this isn't it.'"
Author: Kristian Bush
13. "Jennings is too tough and honest a writer to let anyone off her moral hook, even her hero."
Author: Maureen Jennings
14. "As Karl Marx once noted: 'Hegel remarks somewhere that all great, world-historical facts and personages occur, as it were, twice. He forgot to add: the first time as tragedy, the second as farce.' William Jennings Bryan and the Scopes trial was a tragedy. The creationists and intelligent design theorists are a farce."
Author: Michael Shermer
15. "Arrogance and Conceit are the mother and father of a closed mind.Charles Jennings, "Journey of the Chosen"."
Author: Richard Nance
16. "I'm not Waylon Jennings, but I do a fair imitation of him, and a few other country greats, like Willie Nelson. It would be great to sink my teeth into a project where I could play a country singer. I'm like an old cowboy."
Author: Todd Lowe
17. "He [William Jennings Bryan] recognized that what Darwin proposed on the biological level, when applied on the societal level, might legitimize an ideology that supports the survival of the fittest, with all of its dire complications. Byran was able to envision the kind of society that Social Darwinism would create- the kind of exploitation that comes from unbridled capitalism, for instance- and chose to war against it."
Author: Tony Campolo
Quotes About Jennings Pictures