Famous Quotes About Jersey
Browse 183 famous quotes and sayings about Jersey.
Top Quotes About Jersey
1. "We take off for New Jersey. Gigantic landscape of factories, bridges, and railroads. And then, suddenly, East Orange and a countryside as postcard as can be, with thousands of neat and tidy cottages like toys in the midst of tall poplars and magnolias. I'm shown in the little public library, bright and gay, which the neighborhood uses a lot - with a huge room for children. (Finally a country where the children are really taken care of.)"
Author: Albert Camus
2. "My Best Friend Forever likes my True Love Always!"Oh,brother, I'm glad these things are secret,or he'd never get his jersey over his big head," Sarah grumbles."
Author: Alecia Whitaker
3. "My feeling about growing up in New Jersey was, 'How come I'm not in New York?' That being said, I'm older and I have a better worldview now, and so I think I grew up in an incredibly privileged position. The town I grew up in is beautiful. I got a great education, and I'm very grateful for it."
Author: Anne Hathaway
4. "On typical days, (dust) is simply irritating. On Roid Rage days, it made me want to stomp down to the highway, pull drivers out of their cars, and bash their faces into pavement; Suck up that dirt like a good little Electrolux, Jersey Boy Bitch."
Author: Augusten Burroughs
5. "By failing to keep their end of the bargain, the Bush administration would allow New Jersey projects to deteriorate and make New Jersey highways and bridges less safe."
Author: Bob Menendez
6. "Conscious of our many problems, I seek today to lay a foundation to our public policy. My fundamental purpose is to devote my term of office to raising the standard of public service in New Jersey."
Author: Charles Edison
7. "I didn't really spend much time with anyone my own age during high school because I believed my true calling would be representing New Jersey in the U.S. Senate, and if that didn't work out, I could always fall back on becoming an Olympic pole vaulter."
Author: Chelsea Handler
8. "I had a weird dream the other night that I was on 'Jersey Shore.'"
Author: Chloe Sevigny
9. "The job of a leader, the job of a governor, the job of a president, is to get the people in the room and bang enough heads together and rub enough arms and cajole enough to have them put the country and the state's greater interest ahead of their own personal partisan interest. That's what we did in New Jersey and that's the model for America."
Author: Chris Christie
10. "Jersey is always with me. I was one of the lucky ones. Asbury Park is just the greatest place in the world to spend your childhood."
Author: Danny DeVito
11. "You want to be the first to do something. You want to create something. You want to innovate something...I often think of Edison inventing the light bulb. That's what I want to do. I want to drive over the bridge coming out of New York there and look down on that sea of lights that is New Jersey and say, `Hey, I did that!'"
Author: David Keirsey
12. "I was the Secretary of State of New Jersey in November 2000. I paid careful attention to the challenges that stemmed from inadequate voting systems in various places."
Author: DeForest Soaries
13. "God, I hope I wear this jersey forever."
Author: Derek Jeter
14. "First was a lone cyclist, in a red jersey, toiling intent and confident out of the westering sun, passing to the melody of a high chattering cheer. Then three together in a harlequinade of faded colour, legs caked yellow with dust and sweat, faces expressionless, eyes heavy and endlessly tired.Tommy faced Dick, saying: 'I think Nicole wants a divorce - I suppose you'll make no obstacles?'A troupe of fifty more swarmed after the first bicycle racers, strung out over two hundred yards; a few were smiling and self-conscious, a few obviously exhausted, most of them indifferent and weary. A retinue of small boys passed, a few defiant stragglers, a light truck carried the victims of accident and defeat."
Author: F. Scott Fitzgerald
15. "Andy says, I don't understand how they can give loans to people who want to spend two weeks lying on the sand at the goddam Jersey shore and then turn down a woman with three kids hanging on by her fingernails."
Author: Frank McCourt
16. "Rocco paid me 35 bucks a week at Murray's Inn in South Jersey. People started asking Rocco to have me sing."
Author: Frankie Avalon
17. "I carry an invisible box of jerseys with me that say "Team Ian" on the front. My goal is to convince everyone I meet to become my fan and prove it by putting on my "Team Ian" jersey. If they do, then for at least ten minutes I feel like I've won their approval and love. If I have a run of people who don't put it on, I can fall into a rut I have visited so often I should have it decorated and furnished. For me, life is like one long job interview in which I'm trying to impress everyone I meet enough to hire me. The routine is exhausting, mostly for everyone else.I confessed this nutty practice to my spiritual director. He smiled, put his arm around my shoulder, and said, "I never trust a man without a limp."
Author: Ian Morgan Cron
18. "Everyone born is on the field of life's game, but not everyone does wear the jersey of vision! Some people are fair players and others are injury causers; you joke with the later and they hit you down in pain and blood stains!"
Author: Israelmore Ayivor
19. "As I climbed the electoral ladder - from state assemblyman to mayor of Woodbridge and finally to governor of New Jersey - political compromises came easy to me because I'd learned how to keep a part of myself innocent of them."
Author: James McGreevey
20. "Quick, name some towns in New Jersey"
Author: James Thurber
21. "Tastykakes are just another of the many advantages of living in Jersey. They're made in Philly and shipped to Trenton in all their fresh squishiness. I read once that 439,000 Butterscotch Krimpets are baked every day. And not a heck of a lot of them find their way to New Hampshire. All that snow and scenery and what good does it do you without Tastykakes?"
Author: Janet Evanovich
22. "Think of this as an adventure, Diesel said.I'm from Jersey. I get my adventure on the Turnpike."
Author: Janet Evanovich
23. "A steady spray of mist silently soaks my fooyball jersey, an irritating rain we locals call spit. Not worth the trouble of opening an umbrella. Not worth spit. Kind of like me."
Author: Jennifer Hotes
24. "Mom put dense cheddar bread into a bag for a man who said this was his wife's favorite - he'd driven all the way from New Jersey to buy it because today was their anniversary. Several women in the store jabbed their husbands on hearing this. I hung my head - Peter Terris wouldn't cross the street to buy me a Twinkie."
Author: Joan Bauer
25. "I do not like the killers, and the killing bravely and well crap. I do not like the bully boys, the Teddy Roosevelt's, the Hemingways, the Roarks. They are merely slightly more sophisticated versions of the New Jersey file clerks who swarm into the Adirondacks in the fall, in red cap, beard stubble and taut hero's grin, talking out of the side of their mouths, exuding fumes of bourbon, come to slay the ferocious white-tailed deer. It is the search for balls. A man should have one chance to bring something down. He should have his shot at something, a shining running something, and see it come a-tumbling down, all mucus and steaming blood stench and gouted excrement, the eyes going dull during the final muscle spasms. And if he is, in all parts and purposes, a man, he will file that away as a part of his process of growth and life and eventual death. And if he is perpetually, hopelessly a boy, he will lust to go do it again, with a bigger beast."
Author: John D. MacDonald
26. "I later spent... five to eight months in hospitals in New Jersey, always on an involuntary basis, and always attempting a legal argument for release."
Author: John Forbes Nash Jr.
27. "Gov. Christie says 'New Jersey First.' State-based Isolationism!"
Author: Jonah Goldberg
28. "New Jersey for me is so alive with history. It's old, dynamic, African-American, Latino."
Author: Junot Diaz
29. "There are a great number of people from New Jersey who go on to have pretty successful careers."
Author: Kerry Bishe
30. "No, you started this shit. I don't know how they do it in Rhode Island, but here in Jersey, bitches get stitches for talking shit and fucking with something they shouldn't."
Author: L.D. Davis
31. "In fondo si trattava semplicemente di questo: che il suo jersey le modellava squisitamente il busto, che i riccioli si addicevano molto al suo viso, e che standole vicino mi veniva voglia di starle ancor più vicino."
Author: Leo Tolstoy
32. "Really, I'm just a simple girl from Jersey."
Author: Mary McCormack
33. "Real life often ends badly, like our marriage did, Pat. And literature tries to document this reality, while showing us it is still possible for people to endure nobly. It sounds like you have endured very nobly since you returned to New Jersey, and I want you to know I admire that. I hope you are able to reinvent yourself and live out the rest of your life with a quiet sense of satisfaction, which is what I have been trying to do since we parted."
Author: Matthew Quick
34. "My first waitress job was at Johnny Rockets in New Jersey, and then I waited tables at a sports bar."
Author: Melissa Rauch
35. "New Jersey"
Author: Neil Peart
36. "I'd literally rather hang out at the T.G.I. Friday's in New Jersey than tool around at a place that sells $40 cheeseburgers."
Author: Patrick Carney
37. "These are tough times for state governments. Huge deficits loom almost everywhere, from California to New York, from New Jersey to Texas.Wait—Texas? Wasn't Texas supposed to be thriving even as the rest of America suffered? Didn't its governor declare, during his re-election campaign, that 'we have billions in surplus'? Yes, it was, and yes, he did. But reality has now intruded, in the form of a deficit expected to run as high as $25 billion over the next two years.And that reality has implications for the nation as a whole. For Texas is where the modern conservative theory of budgeting—the belief that you should never raise taxes under any circumstances, that you can always balance the budget by cutting wasteful spending—has been implemented most completely. If the theory can't make it there, it can't make it anywhere."
Author: Paul Krugman
38. "I live in New Jersey now, which always gets a bad rap here and there, but I must say, I enjoy living here too."
Author: Paul Muldoon
39. "Well, after all, this is the age of the disposable tissue. Blow your nose on a person, wad them, flush them away, reach for another, blow, wad, flush. Everyone using everyone else's coattails. How are you supposed to root for the home team when you don't even have a program or know the names? For that matter, what color jersey's are they reading as they trot out to the feild?"
Author: Ray Bradbury
40. "We are keeping New Jersey one step, several steps, ahead of terrorism."
Author: Richard J. Codey
41. "I'm nobody's sidekick," Annabeth growled. "And, Percy, his accent sounds familiar because he sounds like his mother. We killed her in New Jersey."Percy frowned. "I'm pretty sure that accent isn't New Jersey. Who's his—? Oh."It all fell into place. Aunty Em's Garden Gnome Emporium—the lair of Medusa. She'd talked with that same accent, at least until Percy had cut off her head. "Medusa is your mom?" he asked. "Dude, that sucks for you."
Author: Rick Riordan
42. "I was performing at a New Jersey high school, and I asked a class of 2,000 students, 'How many of you love mathematics?' and only one hand went up. And that was the hand of the maths teacher!"
Author: Shakuntala Devi
43. "It was an actual Christmas tree farm. We had, like, 15 acres. It was really fun as a kid. I also spent my summers at the Jersey Shore, on the bay in Stone Harbor. I walked everywhere barefoot. It was just the most amazing, magical way to grow up."
Author: Taylor Swift
44. "We owe every student in every neighborhood in New Jersey an equal opportunity to succeed. We know that more money, alone, is not the answer. We need to redefine success, and how we pursue that success, by the outcomes obtained by students."
Author: Thomas Kean Jr.
45. "First Lieutenant Jimmy Cross carried letters from a girl named Martha, a junior at Mount Sebastian College in New Jersey. They were not love letters, but Lieutenant Cross was hoping, so he kept them folded in plastic at the bottom of his rusack. In the late afternoon, after a day's march, he would dig his foxhole, wash his hands under a canteen, unwrap the letters, hold them with the tips of his fingers, and spend the last hour of light pretending."
Author: Tim O'Brien
46. "I'm a partner in a company called Helicopter Services and Instruction out of New Jersey."
Author: Treat Williams
47. "I believe the challenge the city faces is attracting continued development into the inner and western part of Jersey City. Nobody should be left behind as Jersey City continues to prosper and grow."
Author: Vincent Frank
Author: Walter Isaacson
49. "If I could distil the relevance of Bruce Springsteen's music to Australia it would be this: don't let what has happened to the American economy happen here. Don't let Australia become a down-under version of New Jersey, where the people and the communities whose skills are no longer in demand get thrown on the scrap heap of life."
Author: Wayne Swan
50. "The curtain rises on a vast primitive wasteland, not unlike certain parts of New jersey."
Author: Woody Allen
Quotes About Jersey Pictures