Famous Quotes About John Galsworthy
Browse 12 famous quotes and sayings about John Galsworthy.
Top Quotes About John Galsworthy
1. "This is indeed one of the true tragedies of lycanthropy, that the subject of such evil pacts and nefarious deeds is ignorant of his place in the plot that besieges this humble hamlet."– Aleister Creed, WitchfinderThe Trial of John Goode by Gabriel Salmon and Thome Ward"
Author: Gabriel Salmon
2. "You're one in a million, John Matthew,"
Author: J.R. Ward
3. "If we are constantly aware of the seeds of divinity in us, it willhelp us rise above earthly challenges and difficulties. Brigham Young said:'When I look upon the faces of intelligent beings I look upon the imageof the God I serve. There are none but what have a certain portion ofdivinity within them; and though we are clothed with bodies which are inthe image of our God, yet this mortality shrinks before that portion ofdivinity which we inherit from our Father' (Discourses of BrighamYoung, sel. John A. Widtsoe , 168). Being aware of our divineheritage will help men young and old to grow and magnify the divinity whichis within them and within all of us."
Author: James E. Faust
4. "After over six hundred hours of listening, John knew two more things: That the most profound truth lay in the labyrinths that coiled behind a green door in the interviewee's mind the very second that Alfred Kinsey said, "Tell me about your fantasies"; and, two, that with the proper information and the correct stimuli he could get carefully chosen people to break through those doors and act out their fantasies, past moral strictures and the boundaries of conscience, taking him past his already absolute knowledge of mankind's unutterable stupidity into a new night realm that he as yet was incapable of imagining. Because the night was there to be plundered; and only someone above its laws could exact its bounty and survive."
Author: James Ellroy
5. "He murmers into my hair, "Forget what I said earlier, let's stick with this, I might not survive anything more." I laugh. Then he jumps up, finds my wrists, and pins them over my head. "Yeah, right. Totally joking, I want to do everything with you, whenever you're ready, I'm the one, promise?" He's above me, batting and grinning like a total hooplehead."I promise," I say."Good. Glad that's decided." He raises an eyebrow. "I'm going to deflower you, John Lennon."
Author: Jandy Nelson
6. "Justice is a machine that, when someone has once given it the starting push, rolls on of itself. - John Galsworthy, Justice , act II"
Author: John Galsworthy
7. "I feel about John ['s gospel] like I feel about my wife; I love her very much, but I wouldn't claim to understand her.(Following Jesus, p. 27.)"
Author: N. T. Wright
8. "I use Graf Edmonton for boots and John Wilson blades."
Author: Oksana Baiul
9. "You can't learn to write in college. It's a very bad place for writers because the teachers always think they know more than you do—and they don't. They have prejudices. They may like Henry James, but what if you don't want to write like Henry James? They may like John Irving, for instance, who's the bore of all time. A lot of the people whose work they've taught in the schools for the last thirty years, I can't understand why people read them and why they are taught. The library, on the other hand, has no biases. The information is all there for you to interpret. You don't have someone telling you what to think. You discover it for yourself."
Author: Ray Bradbury
10. "There's never a man looked me between the eyes and seen a good day a'terward" - Long John Silver"
Author: Robert Louis Stevenson
11. "Writing is a habit, an addiction, as powerful and overmastering an urge as putting a bottle to your lips or a spike in your arm. Call it the impulse to make something out of nothing, call it an obsessive-compulsive disorder, call it logorrhea. Have you been in a bookstore lately? Have you seen what these authors are doing, the mountainous piles of the flakes of themselves they're leaving behind, like the neatly labeled jars of shit, piss, and toenail clippings one of John Barth's characters bequeathed to his wife, the ultimate expression of his deepest self?"
Author: T.C. Boyle
12. "It's all right," she said. "You're through." "Jesus," he finally managed, pushing water off his face. "Jesus Christ and John the Baptist. For that matter, Matthew, Mark, Luke, John." Still not enough. He needed to reach back to the Old Testament for this. "Obadiah. Nebuchadnezzar. Methuselah and Job." "Be calm," she said, taking him by the shoulders. "Be calm. And there are women in the Bible, you know." "Yes. As I recall it, they were trouble, every last one."
Author: Tessa Dare
Quotes About John Galsworthy Pictures