Famous Quotes About Keeping Head Down
Browse 14 famous quotes and sayings about Keeping Head Down.
Top Quotes About Keeping Head Down
1. "Do you remember," he said, "one of Holmes's little scores over Watson about the number of steps up to the Baker Street lodging? Poor old Watson had been up and down them a thousand times, but he had never thought of counting them, whereas Holmes had counted them as a matter of course, and knew that there were seventeen. And that was supposed to be the difference between observation and non-observation. Watson was crushed again, and Holmes appeared to him more amazing than ever. Now, it always seemed to me that in that matter Holmes was the ass, and Watson the sensible person. What on earth is the point of keeping in your head an unnecessary fact like that? If you really want to know at any time the number of steps to your lodging, you can ring up your landlady and ask her."
Author: A.A. Milne
2. "Bryan pressed her closer against him and placed her arms to circle his neck from behind. He moved a little faster and Zahara fell into step, laying her head against his shoulder and closing her eyes to drown out the crowd. She focused on the hard muscles of Bryan's chest, his heated breath against her hair, and his fingers gripping her waist. She absently wondered if it was wrong that an angel was dancing inside of a club full of youth, and if this was as weird and exhilarating for him as it was for her. Bryan spun her around to face him and kissed her. He wasn't as gentle as he usually was, digging his hand into her hair and nibbling on her bottom lip. Zahara whimpered and moved her fingers underneath his shirt, digging her fingers into his back. ~Zahara and Bryan"
Author: Annabell Cadiz
3. "He had no choice in the matter, if he left her hanging by the straps she'd end up being banged against the side of the aircraft. Not good for her, not good for the plane's stability. You always fastened down a cargo, you didn't leave it loose in the back of a plane.That was all he was doing, he told himself putting his arms around her to hold her limp body still, letting her head loll back against his shoulder. Keeping the cargo secure.It was his own damn fault he was getting hard again."
Author: Anne Stuart
4. "As the Brotherhood got down to business, he found himself putting his hand on the dog's big head and stroking the soft fur…playing with an ear…dipping down and ?nding the long waves that ?owed from the animal's broad, strong chest.Not that any of that meant he was keeping the the animal, of course.It just felt nice, was all."
Author: J.R. Ward
5. "Short of spending $10,000, there is nothing you can do to your head to hide the fact that you're going bald."
Author: Jennifer Coolidge
6. "She preferred keeping her mouth shut and appearing a fool to opening it and removing the doubt."
Author: Joan Smith
7. "I can say that I don't see myself with the foot on the gas pedal as hard as it's been down for 16 years."
Author: Kenny Chesney
8. "After Ben leaves, I head back upstairs to my room, only to find Dad in the kitchen. He has his back toward me, sneaking a bag of Bugles from one of the baskets above the cabinets."Caught you," I say, switching on the light, making him jump."Shouldn't you be in bed?" he asks, keeping his voice low."Shouldn't you?" I give him a pointed look."Probably, but your mom actually feel asleep tonight—probably the first night all week. Meanwhile, I'm too hungry to nod off.""So, where does that leave us?" I ask, eyeing his bag of Bugles."Can you be trusted?""That depends. Are you willing to share?" I smile. "Good hiding spot, by the way. Nobody ever uses those baskets.""That's what you think." He gazes down the hall to make sure the coast is clear and then snags a bag of Hershey's Kisses from one of the other four overhead baskets.We park ourselves at the kitchen island and rip both bags open. Five full minutes of lusty devouring pass before either of us speaks."
Author: Laurie Faria Stolarz
9. "Nothing but the sight of blood upon his dark face would ease the pain in her heart. She lunged for him, swift as a cat, but with a light startled movement, he sidestepped, throwing up his arm to ward her off. She was standing on the edge of the freshly waxed top step, and as her arm with the whole weight of her body behind it, struck his out-thrust arm, she lost her balance. She made a wild clutch for the newel post and missed it. She went down the stairs backwards, feeling a sickening dart of pain in her ribs as she landed. And, too dazed to catch herself she rolled over and over to the bottom of the flight."
Author: Margaret Mitchell
10. "I don't need a happily ever after, J, I just need the ever after part. The adjective can be whatever. Up and down ever after, sometimes rocky ever after, crazy ever after—I don't give a shit. As long as you stick around, we'll just do the best we can, day after day."
Author: Mary Calmes
11. "Brenna was fixing some kind of a small computronic device when he found her in her quarters. "Judd," she said, putting down her tools. "You can't be here. The dissonance—"He interrupted her panicked words. "I need to ask you something important.""What could be more important than your life?" She sounded close to tears."Your life. If you die, I don't know if I'd stay sane." A simple truth."
Author: Nalini Singh
12. "A key ingredient to achieving your goals is to make sure your goals are totally congruent with who you are as a person. Your head and hearts desire must match. It's such an important step in goal achievement and if we miss it, we can end up travelling a long way down the wrong path!"
Author: Rachael Bermingham
13. "The story about Bessie Goldberg that I heard from my parents was that a nice old lady had been killed down the street and an innocent black man went to prison for the crime. Meanwhile--unknown to anyone--a violent psychopath named Al was working alone at our house all day and probably committed the murder. In our family this story eventually acquired the tidy symbolism of a folk tale. Roy Smith was a stand-in for everything that was decent but utterly defenseless. Albert DeSalvo, of course, was a stand-in for pure random evil."
Author: Sebastian Junger
14. "Maintaining a safe distance, she practiced extreme caution as they headed further and further away from the center of the city. She tried to act casual when passing people on the street while simultaneously keeping an eye on the elusive John Smith. That part wasn't hard of course because most of the people headed in their direction moved submissively to the other side as her mysterious new neighbor passed. Choking down a feeling of dread, she wondered if she'd be smart to do the same and head back to the apartment. Against her better judgment, Evangeline pushed on."
Author: Shawn Kirsten Maravel
Quotes About Keeping Head Down Pictures