Famous Quotes About Keeping Pace
Browse 11 famous quotes and sayings about Keeping Pace.
Top Quotes About Keeping Pace
1. "A thinking mind is not swallowed up by what it comes to know. It reaches out to grasp something related to itself and to its present knowledge (and so knowable in some degree) but also separate from itself and from its present knowledge (not identical with these). In any act of thinking, the mind must reach across this space between known and unknown, linking one to the other but also keeping visible to difference. It is an erotic space."
Author: Anne Carson
2. "Keeping your space clean is as much a part of the end result as the dish being tasty."
Author: Carla Hall
3. "He felt safe with her. He'd never been safe with another human being, not since he'd been taken as a child from his home. He'd never been able to trust. He could never give that last small piece - all that was left of his humanity - into someone else's keeping. And now there was Rikki. She let him be whatever he had to be to survive. She didn't ask anything of him. There was no hidden motive. No agenda. Just acceptance. She was different - imperfect, or so she thought - and she knew what it was like to fight to carve out a space for herself. She was willing for him to do thar."
Author: Christine Feehan
4. "It's a director's job to tell a story and he's very well versed in telling stories with a bit of comedy in them and keeping the pace of the movie right and that's exactly what he did. He was observant of a world he didn't understand but he told a wonderful story."
Author: Cuba Gooding Jr.
5. "Compared to them I'm pretty used to losing. There are plenty of things in this world that are way beyond me, plenty of opponents I can never beat. Not to brag, but these girls probably don't know as much as I do about pain. And, quite naturally, there might not be a need for them to know it. These random thoughts come to me as I watch their proud ponytails swinging back and forth, their aggressive strides. Keeping to my own leisurely pace, I continue my run down along the Charles."
Author: Haruki Murakami
6. "Clearly, many branches of science need an exquisite precision of timekeeping and the infinitesimal decimals of calibration, so space launches, for example, are not scheduled for leap-second dates. But society as a whole neither needs that obsessive time measurement nor is well served by it."
Author: Jay Griffiths
7. "You wanted me." His breaths come fast, his eyes wild. "Here I am." He fucks his cock into me ten times, fast and hard, making me yelp in delight of his claiming, and when my muscles seize up and my body prepares for another earth-shattering orgasm, he lets me come, keeping the frantic pace, and then growls and prolongs his own orgasm…"
Author: Katy Evans
8. "Wrinkled women lifting their faces, chasing their youth. Fat men sucking in bellies. Poor folks putting on airs.Sinners acting like saints.All of us keeping pace with our companions, stepping lively in this dance of deceit."
Author: Philip Gulley
9. "As I wandered around the room, with Sachiko by my side, I began to think how much we need space in those we love, space enough to accommodate growth and possibility. Knowledge must leave room for mystery; intimacy, taken too far, was the death of imagination. Keeping some little distance from her was, I thought, a way of keeping an open space, a silence for the imagination to fill."At the same time that we are earnest to explore and learn all things," Thoreau had written, "we require that all things be mysterious and unexplainable."
Author: Pico Iyer
10. "Running was Clover's favorite thing to do, after reading. She loved the way the cement felt hard and unforgiving under her feet until she reached the park and the dirt path that wound its way alongside the Truckee River.She liked the wind in her face and how it smelled like water. And the way Mango ran beside her, keeping her company. But most of all she liked the way the steady pace untangled her thoughts."
Author: Shaunta Grimes
11. "What was that?" I ask as I blow through. "You were behind schedules," she says, panting but keeping pace next to me as we sprint down the pier. "Figured you could use some help, so I blew the transformer."
Author: Tera Lynn Childs
Quotes About Keeping Pace Pictures