Famous Quotes About Keeping Your Head Up No Matter What
Browse 24 famous quotes and sayings about Keeping Your Head Up No Matter What.
Top Quotes About Keeping Your Head Up No Matter What
1. "So-called real life has only once interfered with me, and it had been a far cry from what the words, lines, books had prepared me for. Fate had to do with blind seers, oracles, choruses announcing death, not with panting next to the refrigerator, fumbling with condoms, waiting in a Honda parked round the corner and surreptitious encounters in a Lisbon hotel. Only the written word exists, everything one must do oneself is without form, subject to contingency without rhyme or reason. It takes too long. And if it ends badly the metre isn't right, and there's no way to cross things out."
Author: Cees Nooteboom
2. "Promise yourself to be so strong that nothing can disturb your peace of mind. Look at the sunny side of everything & and make your optimisom come true. Think only of the best, work only for the best. Forget the mistakes of the past & press on the greater achievements of the future. Give so much time to the improvement of yourself that you have no time to critize others. Live in the faith that the whole world is on your side as long as you are true to the best that is in you."
Author: Christian D. Larson
3. "He paused until she locked eyes with him. "Count, Livia. Count out loud when you come for me.""Two, oh, three, God, oh, God.""Screw the biting. Just please, just more," she begged."Biting is next," he said.By the time he was nibbling circles, she was counting again. "Four—your hands, use your hands.""Five…six…seven. I'm never going to stop…" She was almost panicked in her frenzy."
Author: Debra Anastasia
4. "At a minimum the majority of search dollars will flow to a social media model because people care most about what their peers think and the technology is there for that information to be quickly shared on products and services."
Author: Erik Qualman
5. "When there's no clear option, it's better to do nothing."
Author: Erwin Rommel
6. "What you are is what you have been. What you'll be is what you do now."
Author: Gautama Buddha
7. "If you had to relive your life exactly as it was – same successes and failures, same happiness, same miseries, same mixture of comedy and tragedy – would you want to? Was it worth it?"
Author: Gavin Extence
8. "They are often brave, I'm sure, but they are stupid, too, because they give their lives for governments and causes that use their flesh and blood as mere chess pieces. Those governments always betray them or let them down in the long run. Nations neglect no men more shamefully than the heroes of their wars."
Author: Gregory David Roberts
9. "It is easier to bear the worries of wandering than to find peace in your hometown, where only the sage can live in a happy house surrounded by trite troubles and daily distractions."
Author: Hermann Hesse
10. "Mientras no haya superado el gusto al placer, seré sensible al vértigo del suicidio."
Author: Jacques Rigaut
11. "Once people needed heaven and hell, Elysium and Faerie. They believed. Belief is the great creative force, the faith that moves mountains. If Someone had not believed in us, so they say, we would never have been born. I have spent my darkest hours wondering what kind of a Creator would have believed in me." Kal"
Author: Jan Siegel
12. "We don't know how to identify intelligence over interstellar distances, so what we do instead is use technology for a proxy."
Author: Jill Tarter
13. "... once you were in, they put a note in your file that said you were in therapy, and all your teachers saw that file. They might as well have tattooed CRAZY on your forehead. The next year every teacher would be watching you for the first weird thing you did—and has there ever been a kid who never does anything an adult considers weird?"
Author: John Barnes
14. "It's because when we sneeze, our soul flies out our nose and if no one says 'bless you,' the devil can snatch it."
Author: Kelley Armstrong
15. "I take full responsibility for what happened at Enron. But saying that, I know in my mind that I did nothing criminal."
Author: Kenneth Lay
16. "It is no use thinking that writing of poems – the actual writing – can accommodate itself to a social setting, even the most sympathetic social setting of a workshop composed of friends. It cannot. The work improves there and often the will to work gets valuable nourishment and ideas. But, for good reasons, the poem requires of the writer not society or instruction, but a patch of profound and unbroken solitude."
Author: Mary Oliver
17. "Managing stress is about controlling the way you respond to events and having an open mind about the things that stress you. Learn to talk to God during the day and ask Him to give you peace and to help you with your problems"
Author: Michele Woolley
18. "When at last I came upon the right book, the feeling was violent: it blew open a hole in me that made life more dangerous because I couldn't control what came through it."
Author: Nicole Krauss
19. "The great and the good will decide what is good for us and make sure that we get what is good for us, good and hard."
Author: Nigel Farage
20. "I'm not keeping track, but the record is there for someone to break."
Author: Sammy Sosa
21. "Raven mumbled something. "Eh? What was that? Speak up! Don't mumble like a caterpillar." "I said, I don't want to scare them." Baba Yaga picked up a blue spray bottle and squirted Raven in the face with water, making Raven blink. "This is how I train my cats not to jump up on my spell table. They learn after a while. Maybe you will, too."
Author: Shannon Hale
22. "INVISIBLE BOYAnd here we see the invisible boyIn his lovely invisible house,Feeding a piece of invisible cheeseTo a little invisible mouse.Oh, what a beautiful picture to see!Will you draw an invisible picture for me?"
Author: Shel Silverstein
23. "Pharmacology is benefited by the prepared mind. You need to know what you are looking for."
Author: Siddhartha Mukherjee
24. "Don't play any game if you don't understand the rules no matter how nice winners trophy looks like"
Author: Sonja Smolec
Quotes About Keeping Your Head Up No Matter What Pictures