Famous Quotes About Kemp
Browse 40 famous quotes and sayings about Kemp.
Top Quotes About Kemp
1. "Words cannot express my disappointment that I must pass on the invitation to once again witness your gelatinous buttocks swaying as you try to climb a greased pole naked in search of athletic glory. Sadly, the last occasion on which I witnessed this event had a deleterious effect on my psyche for which I am still seeking the attention of a therapist.A.C. Kemp as Lady Arabella Snark"
Author: A.C. Kemp
2. "Penduduk Malaysia mudah teruja oleh pilihan raya kecil atau besar kerana politik sudah menjadi budaya bagi kebanyakan orang, dan profesion bagi sesetengah orang. Tidak semua rakyat memahami pilihan raya sebagai satu proses demokrasi bagi memilih pemimpin yang amanah untuk berkorban memperjuangkan kesejahteraan rakyat dan negara. Orang lebih tertarik pada peristiwa perdebatan kempen, hujah menjatuhkan lawan, dan lebih-lebih lagi apabila ada tanda-tanda kemungkinan calon pembangkang menewaskan calon parti kerajaan."
Author: Baharuddin Zainal
3. "During my incarceration Mother visited me. She had in some way managed to leave the workhouse and was making an effort to establish a home for us. Her presence was like a bouquet of flowers; she looked so fresh and lovely that I felt ashamed of my unkempt appearance and my shaved iodined head.‘You must excuse his dirty face,' said the nurse.Mother laughed, and how well I remember her endearing words as she hugged and kissed me: ‘With all thy dirt I love thee still."
Author: Charles Chaplin
4. "I like unkempt; I don't mind if I have holes in my jacket or whatever. I think people should look more the way they feel."
Author: Chris Robinson
5. "My hands tend to be full enough dealing with people who hate me for who I am. Concentrate too hard on the millions of people who hate you for what you are and you're likely to turn into one of those unkempt, sloppy dressers who sag beneath the weight of the two hundred political buttons they wear pinned to their coats and knapsacks."
Author: David Sedaris
6. "Generasi kempong tidak punya waktu dan tidak memiliki tradisi untuk tahu beda antara kalimat sindiran dengan bukan sindiran. Tak tahu apa itu ironi, sarkasme, sanepan, istidraj ... Generasi kempong sangat rentan terhadap apa saja, termasuk informasi ... Tidak ada etos kerja. Tidak ada ideologi dharma, atau falya'mal ‘amalan shalihan ... Yang dipunyai hanya obsesi hasil, khayal kepemilikan dan kenikmatan."
Author: Emha Ainun Nadjib
7. "Variación / VariationsEl remanso de airebajo la rama del eco.El remanso del aguabajo fronda de luceros.El remanso de tu bocabajo espesura de besos.*The still waters of the airunder the bough of the echo.The still waters of the waterunder a frond of stars.The still waters of your mouthunder a thicket of kisses.Translated from the Spanish by Lysander Kemp"
Author: Federico García Lorca
8. "Annwyl?" Ragnar repeated, suddenly remembering that Keita had said the same name before they'dburst out of the woods. "This is Annwyl?" Ragnar looked the woman over, from her absurdly large feetto the top of her unkempt head. "This?"This human who had more muscles than seemed necessary for any royal and watched him and his kinwith what he could only term as the mad eyes of a diseased animal."
Author: G.A. Aiken
9. "Desmond ushered the man inside. He was stooped and ugly, with an unkempt beard and unwashed clothes, yet Father greeted him pleasantly and asked his name."Yoren, as it please m'lord. My pardons for the hour." He bowed to Arya. "And this must be your son. He has your look.""I'm a girl," Arya said, exasperated. If the old man was down from the Wall, he must have come by way of Winterfell. "Do you know my brothers?" she asked excitedly. "Robb and Bran are at Winterfell, and Jon's on the Wall. Jon Snow, he's in the Night's Watch too, you must know him, he has a direwolf, a white one with red eyes. Is Jon a ranger yet? I'm Arya Stark." The old man in his smelly black clothes was looking at her oddly, but Arya could not seem to stop talking. "When you ride back to the Wall, would you bring Jon a letter if I wrote one?" She wished Jon were here right now. He'd believe her about the dungeons and the fat man with the forked beard and the wizard in the steel cap."
Author: George R.R. Martin
10. "The Daffodil-Yellow VillaThe new villa was enormous, a tall, square Venetian mansion, with faded daffodil-yellow walls, green shutters, and a fox-red roof. It stood on a hill overlooking the sea, surrounded by unkempt olive groves and silent orchards of lemon and orange trees. ... the little walled and sunken garden that ran along one side of the house, its wrought-iron gates scabby with rust, had roses, anemones and geraniums sprawling across the weed-grown paths ...... there were fifteen acres of garden to explore, a vast new paradise sloping down to the shallow, tepid sea."
Author: Gerald Durrell
11. "Roy memang gemar kemping, kemana saja ia mau. Karena baginya tidak ada yang lebih menyenangkan selain berada di alam terbuka, menikmati keagungan Tuhan."
Author: Gola Gong
12. "But giving drugs to a cat is no joke, Kemp!"
Author: H.G. Wells
13. "Strychnine is a grand tonic, Kemp, to take the flabbiness out of a man."
Author: H.G. Wells
14. "I never blame any one," said Kemp. "It's quite out of fashion."
Author: H.G. Wells
15. "Everyday brought me further away from other people, I had been placed out of the world's sight, as if in a cupboard, and I hoped it would stay that way. I developed a yearning for being alone, unkempt, untended."
Author: Herta Müller
16. "He gave my hand a final shake. "Okay, Kemp," he said with a grin. "Thanks a lot – you came through like a champ." "Hell," I said, starting the engine. "We're all champs when we're drunk."
Author: Hunter S. Thompson
17. "He was dirty, his hair unkempt, his clothes stained with blood. Heroes in stories somehow managed to rescue maidens while looking like court dandies. Next time he went adventuring he'd remember to bring a comb."
Author: J.V. Jones
18. "How could anyone confuse truth with beauty, I thought as I looked at him. Truth came with sunken eyes, bony or scarred, decayed. Its teeth were bad, its hair grey and unkempt. While beauty was empty as a gourd, vain as a parakeet. But it had power. It smelled of musk and oranges and made you close your eyes in a prayer."
Author: Janet Fitch
19. "It is that flavor exuded by women who have fashioned an earthy and simplified sexual adjustment to their environment, borne their young, achieved an unthinking physical confidence. They are often placidly unkempt, even grubby, taking no interest in the niceties of posture. They have a slow relish for the physical spectrum of food, sun, deep sleep, the needs of children, the caressess of affection. There is a tiny magnificance about them, like the sultry dignity of she-lions."
Author: John D. MacDonald
20. "I finally had what I'd wantes all those years. Except now that I had it, i felt as empty as this unkempt pool I was dangling my legs into."
Author: Khaled Hosseini
21. "My looks had gone from well-kempt cheerleader to apocalyptic disasterpiece."
Author: Kresley Cole
22. "Lone women shouldn't stop in the middle of nowhere for giant unkempt strangers with duct tape on their faces."
Author: Lee Child
23. "We arrived and we thought, 'This is our time. This is our generation. We have a responsibility.' " @garyjkemp of Spandau Ballet in "Mad World: An Oral History of the New Wave Artists and Songs That Defined the 1980s"
Author: Lori Majewski
24. "I realise I'm behind on this but Rebekah Brooks was married to Ross Kemp of Gangs fame?! And she assaulted him? That explains so much."
Author: Mandy Wiener
25. "A peculiar fact about termite-tapeworm-fungus-moss art is that it goes always forward, eating its own boundaries, and, likely as not, leaves nothing in its path other than the signs of eager, industrious, unkempt activity."
Author: Manny Farber
26. "I am a stranger in a strange town, and the man standing beside me has just removed his pants. There are mitigating factors—he is well-kempt, we are in a laundromat, and as a registered nurse, I have seen this sort of thing before—but they fail to completely dissipate the tension inherent in sharing close quarters with a pantless stranger."
Author: Michael Perry
27. "Let me guess. A certain unkempt bastard with a panty-dropping smile?"
Author: Michelle Hodkin
28. "He saw the human shadows flitting through his second world. Most of them had unkempt beards. Some walked along looking at the sky, others at the ground. All wore shabby clothing. All lived in poverty. And all were serene. Closed in on every side by streetcars, they freely breathed the air of peace. The men in this world were unfortunate, for they knew nothing of the real world. But they were fortunate as well, for they had fled the Burning House of worldly suffering. Professor Hirota was in this second world. So, too, was Nonomiya. Sanshiro stood where he could understand the air of this world more or less. He could leave it whenever he wished. But to do so, to relinquish a taste he had finally begun to savor, was something he was loath to do."
Author: Natsume Sōseki
29. "I dreamt that my hair was kempt. Then I dreamt that my true love unkempt it."
Author: Ogden Nash
30. "My acting career began when I walked into a drama school class run by Anna Scher in Islington. Anna discovered a lot of people: Linda Robson, Pauline Quirke, Gary and Martin Kemp, and Dexter Fletcher were among my contemporaries."
Author: Phil Daniels
31. "The first men to be created and formed were called the Sorcerer of Fatal Laughter, the Sorcerer of Night, Unkempt, and the Black Sorcerer … They were endowed with intelligence, they succeeded in knowing all that there is in the world. When they looked, instantly they saw all that is around them, and they contemplated in turn the arc of heaven and the round face of the earth … [ Then the Creator said]: "They know all … what shall we do with them now? Let their sight reach only to that which is near; let them see only a little of the face of the earth!… Are they not by nature simple creatures of our making? Must they also be gods?"
Author: Popol Vuh
32. "Jangan anggap remeh si manusia, yang kelihatannya begitu sederhana;biar penglihatanmu setajam elang, pikiranmu setajam pisau cukur, perabaanmu lebih peka dari para dewa, pendengaran dapat menangkap musik dan ratap-tangis kehidupan; pengetahuanmu tentang manusia takkan bakal bisa kemput(Bumi Manusia, h. 119)"
Author: Pramoedya Ananta Toer
33. "All men and women--including young men and young women--should wear clothing that covers the shoulder and avoid clothing that is low cut in the front or back or revealing in any other manner. Tight pants, tight shirts, excessively baggy clothing, wrinkled apparel, and unkempt hair are not appropriate. All should avoid extremes in clothing, hairstyle, and other aspects of appearance. We should always be neat and clean, avoiding sloppiness or inappropriate casualness."
Author: Robert D. Hales
34. "When I arrived in Beirut from Europe, I felt the oppressive, damp heat, saw the unkempt palm trees and smelt the Arabic coffee, the fruit stalls and the over-spiced meat. It was the beginning of the Orient. And when I flew back to Beirut from Iran, I could pick up the British papers, ask for a gin and tonic at any bar, choose a French, Italian, or German restaurant for dinner. It was the beginning of the West. All things to all people, the Lebanese rarely questioned their own identity."
Author: Robert Fisk
35. "...the townhouses looked bedraggled, unkempt, like an old homeless woman with an interesting history but a perilous future."
Author: Sharon Shinn
36. "When I open my eyes, the morning light makes me wish I hadn't. Raffe lies on his sofa, watching me with those dark blue eyes. I swallow, suddenly feeling awkward and unkempt. Great. The world has come to an end, my mother is out there with the street gangs, crazier than ever, my sister has been kidnapped by vengeful angels, and I'm concerned that my hair is greasy and my breath smells bad."
Author: Susan Ee
37. "Go where thou wilt, seek what thou wilt, and thou shalt not find a higher way above, nor a safer way below, than the way of the holy Cross."- Thomas A Kempis (The Following of Christ)"
Author: Thomas à Kempis
38. "Altho' I rarely waste time in reading on theological subjects, as mangled by our Pseudo-Christians, yet I can readily suppose Basanistos may be amusing. Ridicule is the only weapon which can be used against unintelligible propositions. Ideas must be distinct before reason can act upon them; and no man ever had a distinct idea of the trinity. It is mere Abracadabra of the mountebanks calling themselves the priests of Jesus. If it could be understood it would not answer their purpose. Their security is in their faculty of shedding darkness, like the scuttlefish, thro' the element in which they move, and making it impenetrable to the eye of a pursuing enemy, and there they will skulk.[Letter to Francis Adrian Van der Kemp on 30 July 1810 denouncing the doctrine of the Trinity]"
Author: Thomas Jefferson
39. "That would be a glorious life, to addict oneself to perfection; to follow the curve of the sentence wherever it might lead, into deserts, under drifts of sand, regardless of lures, of seductions; to be poor always and unkempt; to be ridiculous in Piccadilly."
Author: Virginia Woolf
40. "I was at the 1976 Republican Convention in Kansas City. I was running 'Nobody for President' at the time. I printed up these press releases and handed them out to the crowd at the Kemper Arena. 'Nobody keeps campaign promises.' 'Nobody lowers your taxes.' 'Nobody should have that much power.' 'Nobody is in Washington working for you.'"
Author: Wavy Gravy
Quotes About Kemp Pictures