Famous Quotes About Kicked
Browse 345 famous quotes and sayings about Kicked.
Top Quotes About Kicked
1. "She craned her neck, glared at me through the small opening, and took a step back.And then she kicked my door in.Was it any wonder I was falling for her?""Chapter 24"
Author: Alyxandra Harvey
2. "My last chance had vanished into itself like a snail coiling up into his shell. Insidiously I had lost my grip, and now this was it. I thought all this without much emotion. I really didn't care anymore. I couldn't hang on anymore. I didn't have the guts to kill myself, but I didn't want it to continue. I walked a couple of blocks, empty, listless, and wished I could cry. ...The diabolic hope, the purposeful pulsing of blood, the flight into coherence allowed for some rationalizing an afterlife. A new theology was evolving, one that had a faith-in-death clause. It was evolved when I kicked a dead waterbug on the pavement. It was dried out, hollowed, emptied, like some kind of shell. Maybe, I thought, its body is a shell, maybe all bodies are shells. We hatch and die. Our spirit or something like that is the yoke: it lives the real life, the true life. It wasn't comforting."
Author: Arthur Nersesian
3. "Cole,do you feel anything for me?" I don't know what made me ask this, except that Jack had asked him the night of the Tunnels.It obviously surprised him.He backed up. "What?"I inched forward,not quite sure I was going with this. "Do you feel...something for me?"He was quiet,still as a statue, so I moved even closer. "Don't,Nik." His gaze dropped to the ground."If you feel anything, please leave me alone.I don't know why I survived.I don't have your answer. Shadowing me will get you nothing."Then he did something unexpected. He backed down, and as he turned around to his motorcycle,he shook his head and mumbled, "What have you done to me?""I don't know," I said. "But you have ninety-nine years to figure it out."He kicked it on and revved the engine, and at the sound,he found his cocky smirk again. "That's a long time, Nik. Jack is gone,and I'm here.Let's see who gives up first."
Author: Brodi Ashton
4. "Since I didn't have any world-class fencing skills, I kicked Cernunnos in the nuts again. I didn't have to know how to use a sword to do that, and he was standing there like he was asking for it, so it seemed justified. Shock and rage filled his green eyes all over again and he doubled. I guess there must be rules that people fighting gods usually followed. Next time, maybe someone would give me a primer."
Author: C.E. Murphy
5. "The multicolored kitten snuggled between her breasts.Lucky cat."I thought maybe something like....Sweetums.""What? That's a wussy name. She'd totally get her ass kicked by all the other neighborhood cats. You can't call her...that. See I can't even say it. It's too ridiculous."Abby chuckled, and the sound drifted over him like a warm breeze."I suppose you want me to call her Rowdy, or Bullet or Chainsaw," she said."Those aren't bad." He liked it when she teased him. "Maybe you could name her something like Flash, or Blaze, or Storm."Or maybe I could call her pooty pie.""Oh my God." He slapped his forehead. "You're killing me. You'd be better off sticking with Sweetums.""Ha!" She pointed her finger at him. "You said it." Before he could wrap his hand around that finger and pull her against him, he gave the kitten-who purred contentedly between Abby's breasts-a rub between the ears.Lucky damn cat."
Author: Candis Terry
6. "Pygmalion made her; then she kicked him in the nuts, ran away, and developed a personality."
Author: Caprice Crane
7. "He waited for her to say something. Anything. But she only watched him watching her, their equally ragged breathing fighting for dominance. With a flick of his fingers, he slipped beneath the cotton and absorbed the feel of her delicate skin, now way past warm. Past even hot. She burned for him. Skating lower, he brushed her thatch of damp curls. His heartbeat kicked up and that lightheaded sensation overtook him again, stealing his attention from her face for as long as it took him to get control. Then he met her eyes once more before he slid into the steam."
Author: Cari Quinn
8. "I totally kicked Ashman ass over there! I was all like hi-yah and you wanna piece of me? I was a super slayer! Buffy's got nothing on me." …"It was life and death out there, guys. Life and death. They just kept coming at me and I just kept putting them down … I mean, sure, I screamed like a girl a few times and accidentally stabbed myself at the beginning, but still."
Author: Chelsea Fine
9. "I like you," I said honestly. "Even though you're probably a criminal and are going to get me thrown off the force. And you kicked me. Broke my nose. Made me gay and refused to kiss me." (Austin to Peter; "Shattered Glass"
Author: Dani Alexander
10. "How about this? Hong Kong had been appropriated by British drug pushers in the 1840s. We wanted Chinese silk, porcelain, and spices. The Chinese didn't want our clothes, tools, or salted herring, and who can blame them? They had no demand. Our solution was to make a demand, by getting large sections of the populace addicted to opium, a drug which the Chinese government had outlawed. When the Chinese understandably objected to this arrangement, we kicked the fuck out of them, set up a puppet government in Peking that hung signs on parks saying NO DOGS OR CHINESE, and occupied this corner of their country as an import base. Fucking godawful behavior, when you think about it. And we accuse them of xenophobia. It would be like the Colombians invading Washington in the early twenty-first century and forcing the White House to legalize heroin. And saying, "Don't worry, we'll show ourselves out, and take Florida while we're at it, okay? Thanks very much."
Author: David Mitchell
11. "Thought you didn't like red hair."One of Drew's dimples kicked in as he draped an arm about Grandma's shoulder. "Must have me confused with someone else, but I'm not surprised. Seems to happen to most of the older set at some point or other."
Author: Deeanne Gist
12. "Sometimes a script comes along that really makes you sit up and pay attention... 'Life at These Speeds' has an emotional intensity that really kicked me in the guts."
Author: Douglas Booth
13. "Generally, all my life, I have had strong friction with life - I was a problematic soldier, I was kicked out of the army, I was in fights. There was something about writing that was a way of experimenting with this emotion."
Author: Etgar Keret
14. "Until he turned twelve, Nimrod was a shitty person. The kind of whiner that, if he wasn't your best friend, you'd have kicked his ass a long time ago. And then one day, just before his bar mitzvah, they put insoles in his shoes, and suddenly the guy was a whole new human being."
Author: Etgar Keret
15. "The queen is head. Long live the queen...me." The platoon of renegade soldiers cheered. Redd kicked The Cat where he lay on the floor, tongue lolling in his mouth, the picture of death. "Get up! You still have seven more lives."The Cat's eyes fluttered open.Find Alyss and kill her."With a wave of her hand, the looking glass was once again whole. The Cate jumped through, in prosuit of the only living Heart besides Redd."
Author: Frank Beddor
16. "But what a way to do things-never to perform a decent action until you are kicked into it and the rest of the world has ceased to believe that your motives can possibly be honest."
Author: George Orwell
17. "In old England the greatest lords think it great glory to be slapped by a queen, and made garter-knights of; but, be your boast, Stubb, that ye were kicked by old Ahab, and made a wise man of. Remember what I say; be kicked by him; account his kicks honors; and on no account kick back; for you can't help yourself, wise Stubb."
Author: Herman Melville
18. "The hallway led me to the stairway of a million steps. My leg screamed in protest. I sighed and started climbing. I just had to keep from limping. Limping showed weakness, and I didn't need any enterprising, career-motivated shapeshifters trying to challenge me for dominance right about now.I had once mentioned my desire for an elevator, and His Majesty asked me if I would like a flock of doves to carry me up to my quarters so my feet wouldn't have to touch the ground. We were sparring at the time and I kicked him in the kidney in retaliation."
Author: Ilona Andrews
19. "Standing over her, I took the time to admire my handy work until I realized that I had just killed a potential meal. "Damn it Bobbi," I snarled as I kicked her corpse. "Look what you made me do."
Author: Isaiyan Morrison
20. "He kicked my ass, but he also treated me like a person and not just some girl."
Author: J.L. McCoy
21. "Not romantic," she disagreed. "To me it would be romantic if Antony properly fell on his sword and kicked the bucket and Cleopatra escaped and lived a lovely life sailing along the Nile without him and his big ideas ruining her kingdom."
Author: Jack Gantos
22. "I fell into a deep sleep tucked in that little cocoon, a deeper sleep than I might of had in years.Right up until someone kicked me and said "Gotcha!"
Author: James Patterson
23. "Max.God, but she was stubborn. And tough. And closed in. Closed off. Except whenshe was holding Angel, or ruffling the Gasman's hair, or pushing somethingcloser to Iggy's hand so he could find it easily without knowing anyone hadhelped him. Or when she was trying to untangle Nudge's mane of hair.Or-sometimes-when she was looking at Fang.He shifted on the hard ground, a half-dozen flashes of memory cyclingthrough his brain. Max looking at him and laughing. Max leaping off a cliff,snapping out her wings, flying off, so incredibly powerful and graceful thatit took his breath away.Max punching someone's lights out, her face like stone.Max kissing that weiner Sam on Anne's front porch.Gritting his teeth, Fang rolled onto his side.Max kissing him on the beach, after Ari had kicked Fang's butt.Just now, her mouth soft under his.He wished she were here, if not next to him, then somewhere in the cave, sohe could hear her breathing.It was going to be hard to sleep without that tonight."
Author: James Patterson
24. "Then I had to decide if I needed to wear shoes that kicked ass or were good for ass kicking, on account of there's a difference you know. ~ Finger Lickin' Fifteen"
Author: Janet Evanovich
25. "Like a kid kicked out of class. humiliated and free."
Author: Janet Fitch
26. "I kicked the door open, staff held ready to fight, and shouted, "And I'm all outta bubble gum!"
Author: Jim Butcher
27. "I've been kicked in the teeth more times in tennis than the law ought to allow."
Author: Jimmy Connors
28. "I loved him like a fever. Then he left. He kicked through love like it was dust and he kept on walking."
Author: Judy Blundell
29. "Alex strode through a doorway and kicked the door shut, finally dumping Emma down upon a large four-poster bed. She immediately made a mad dash for the door, but Alex ably blocked her, redeposited her on the bed, crossed the room, and locked the door with a resounding click. "Why you-" Alex tossed the key out the window."
Author: Julia Quinn
30. "You've claimed me, little firecracker. You kicked a pair of two hundred pound men's asses. I will never get over that. You kicked my whores out. Pete told me. You staked your claim on me, even before you realized I'd staked mine already." He fists my hair and pulls me close to his lips. "I'm yours now … Even if I screw this up, I'll still be your screw-up."
Author: Katy Evans
31. "Life's pretty friggin' mean most of the time. People got real problems and real shit to cry about, but this isn't it. This is the good stuff, and I've been kicked by life one too many times to just ignore it when something sweet falls in my lap."
Author: Kele Moon
32. "Next Clay gave the house rules for living with theSorrentinos , which sounded a lot like the TenCommandments. Thou shall not lie, steal anything, kill anyone, disrespect your hosts or covetany of Nick's girlfriends. And if you break the rules, you'll get your ass kicked and handed to youin pieces—a part I suspect God left out."
Author: Kelley Armstrong
33. "I took piano for many years. I kicked and screamed through all of my lessons, but my mom really insisted."
Author: Kristin Kreuk
34. "You're flying to Chicago to get drunk and have other women shake their boobs in your face.""If it bothers you, I won't go," he said seriously."No," I kicked at the table leg. "It doesn't bother me. Maybe I'm just jealous.""Jealous? You're not the jealous type.""Maybe I want boobs shaken in my face."
Author: L.D. Davis
35. "Hey, Megan?"She peeked one lid open. "Hmm?""Can we have ice cream for breakfast?"Her mouth curved into a grin. She couldn't think of anyone, save maybe Kate, who could draw a smile from her so quickly. But he was just unexpectedly adorable. "Maybe. If you're a good boy." She cringed. Why the hell did she say that? Was she...flirting with him? Restraining a grimace, she chanced a look at him. His dark gaze shifted from playful to scorching. "And what would that entail?"Heat shot through her body, and unfamiliar desire pooled in her belly. Flustered, she kicked off the top cover. "Not asking questions like that, to start. Now go back to sleep. It's too damn early to be awake."She heaved a deep breath to calm her racing heart ."if you say so." Even with his eyes closed, a smile continued to play around his lips."
Author: Laura Kaye
36. "Promise not to kick me again, and I'll promise not to kiss you again," he said. "I only kicked you because you kissed me!"
Author: Leigh Bardugo
37. "He was trying to make me his bed buddy. I declined. He gave chase."... "How, exactly, did you 'decline' his offer?""By slitting his throat."The silence in the garage was broken only by the sound of water drip-dripping somewhere in the distance. Sara just stared. So did Ransom. Then the idiot male started laughing hysterically. He laughed so hard he fell off the bike and onto the scarred concrete of the garage floor. Even that didn't stop him.Elena would've kicked him, except he'd probably use the chance to pull her down with him. "Shut up before I do the same to you."He tried to stop laughing. Failed. "Jesus, Ellie. You are awesome!"
Author: Nalini Singh
38. "Even a dog distinguishes between being stumbled over and being kicked."
Author: Oliver Wendell Holmes Jr.
39. "You broke the Man Code, dude. 'No man shall knowingly and with malice aforethought kick another man in the nuts.'""Okay, so I kicked him in the nuts. The little fucker was fleeing the scene of a crime where he'd pointed a weapon at my buddies."[from short story "Beer Run" at the end of Skin Deep]"
Author: Pamela Clare
40. "He was, I suppose, my best friend, which is a less pathetic way of saying he was my only friend. Ricky kicked the Crown Vic's passenger door,"
Author: Ransom Riggs
41. "It pained her that a few hundred words in an also-ran newspaper could get her kicked out. That damned article.And Rook.Her sharpest agony. She had invested in this guy. Waited for this guy. Felt something for this guy that went beyond the bedroom ... or wherever else they took each other. Nikki did not give herself easily to a man, and this betrayal by Rook was why. Heat reflected on her answer at the oral boards about her greatest flaw and admitted her reply was a mask. Yes, her identification with her job was total. But her greatest flaw wasn't overinvestment in her career. It was her reticence to be vulnerable. Unarmed as she was-literally-she had been emotionally so with Rook.That was the gut shot that had blown clean through her soul."
Author: Richard Castle
42. "I stopped wearing expensive clothes, I kicked my addiction to six newspapers a day,"
Author: Robin S. Sharma
43. "I did start reading quite young but I was always read to by my parents, who are both actors. Bedtime stories from when I was about two/three to when I was about 15. In fact they didn't stop until I eventually kind of kicked them out of my bedroom."
Author: Samuel West
44. "In the blue time, math kicked ass.-Dess"
Author: Scott Westerfeld
45. "Hector is dead because of you!" Haides"What?" Aricles"You heard me you. You left us to die." Haides"Who killed him?" Aricles"Apollo." CalebAricles reached to touch Hector, but Phelix kicked him away. "You're not worthy to touch a hero, coward!""Go on and leave us, Aricles. It's what you're best at." Galen"
Author: Sherrilyn Kenyon
46. "I kicked your arse and handed it to you like a hat."
Author: Suzanne M. Sabol
47. "I WAS seriously hurt because of you. Seeing you in another guy's arms, kissing him... It shredded me, Eva. Cut me open and left me bleeding. I kicked he ass in self-defense."
Author: Sylvia Day
48. "I was kicked off a record label and didn't get picked up again. It was devastating at first because I thought, 'Oh my God. My career is over. What's gonna happen? What am I going to do?' Once I got that I could have a career, a very good career, without having a hit record, then I changed."
Author: Thelma Houston
49. "The Chinese went to their knees trying desperately to get their rifles into action, but the Mongols were on them too fast. Abusing their horses cruelly, they drove them right in among the riflemen, and men were kicked, stamped upon and died beneath frantic hooves."
Author: Walter Kaylin
50. "I would love to teach every kid to say "fuck." Hang on, now, hang on, listen to why. The reason is because to me, that is a word that doesn't have any effect. But "stupid" and "dummy"? You can say it to someone who is six and you can say it to someone who is a hundred and six and they will hunch their shoulders and it will be like somebody kicked them in the stomach because they are harsh, ugly words."
Author: Whoopi Goldberg
Quotes About Kicked Pictures