Famous Quotes About Kindness For Students
Browse 14 famous quotes and sayings about Kindness For Students.
Top Quotes About Kindness For Students
1. "Oh, as far as they go." Helmholtz shrugged his shoulders. "But they go such a little way. They aren't important enough, somehow. I feel I could do something much more important. Yes, and more intense, more violent. But what? What is there more important to say? And how can one be violent about the sort of things one's expected to write about? Words can be like X-rays, if you use them properly ? they'll go through anything. You read and you're pierced. That's one of the things I try to teach my students ? how to write piercingly. But what on earth's the good of being pierced by an article about a Community Sing, or the latest improvement in scent organs? Besides, can you make words really piercing ? you know, like the very hardest X-rays ? when you're writing about that sort of thing? Can you say something about nothing? That's what it finally boils down to. I try and I try."
Author: Aldous Huxley
2. "There's no use doing a kindness if you do it a day too late."
Author: Charles Kingsley
3. "Corporate governance is a huge issue too. We don't have women on these corporate boards. More than half of the students in law school are women, more than half of the women, I think, in medical school now are women."
Author: Claire McCaskill
4. "I have witnessed how education opens doors, and I know that when sound instruction takes place, students experience the joys of new-found knowledge and the ability to excel."
Author: Daniel Akaka
5. "Facebook was founded on February 4, 2004. On February 5, we were feeling pretty confident, even from observing the first few hours of usage. Students used it like crazy. They'd sign up then spend the next 3-4 hours on it. Then we'd go to lecture hall and see it on every computer screen there."
Author: Dustin Moskovitz
6. "Something always happened, you see. A Yiddish song on Hanukkah, a British rabbi's prayer on the radio, some kindness on a train or in the street that reminded me, no matter how far I retreated, no matter how deep into self-denial my fear drove me, that the Jews would always be my people and I would always belong to them."
Author: Edith Hahn Beer
7. "In human relationships, kindness and lies are worth a thousand truths."
Author: Graham Greene
8. "Two students severely injured, you yourself covered in blood, a Reaper on the premises, a Fenrir wolf running around loose somewhere, and extensive property damage to the resort. Well?" Nickamedes snapped. "What do you have to say for yourself, Gwendolyn?"I thought for a second, then grinned at him. "I followed your directions exactly. I never set one foot outside the hotel."
Author: Jennifer Estep
9. "As students cross the threshold from outside to insider, they also cross the threshold from superficial learning motivated by grades to deep learning motivated by engagement with questions. Their transformation entails an awakening--even, perhaps, a falling in love."
Author: John C. Bean
10. "Our teacher, Mr. Stratton, was way distracting with his angular face and broad shoulders. The dark-rimmed glasses he wore had caused many a breathy sigh from his students when he'd adjusted them on his face. One time he'd bitten his lip, pulling it between his teeth in a totally sexy way and I swear, I could smell the estrogen surge in the room."
Author: Katrina Abbott
11. "Now, once again, 2 students left. But of course they're a part of you now."
Author: Koushun Takami
12. "Enter the house of mourning, my friend, but with kindness and affection for those who love you, and not with hatred for your enemies."
Author: Mary Shelley
13. "Those who celebrate failure will not be around to help today's students celebrate their jobs flipping burgers."
Author: Rafe Esquith
14. "She was close in her husband's arms; she clung to him; whatever of strangeness and slowness and insularity she might find in him, none of that mattered so long as she could slip her hands beneath his coat, run her fingers over the warm smoothness of the satin back of his waistcoat, seem almost to creep into his body, find in him strength, find in the courage and kindness of her man a shelter from the perplexing world."
Author: Sinclair Lewis
Quotes About Kindness For Students Pictures