Famous Quotes About Knowing That You Re In Love
Browse 24 famous quotes and sayings about Knowing That You Re In Love.
Top Quotes About Knowing That You Re In Love
1. "When it gets dark, it's only because god has tucked me in a cleft of the rock and covered me, protected, with His hand? In the pitch, I feel like I'm falling, sense the bridge giving way, God long absent. In the dark, the bridge and my world shakes, cracking dreams.But maybe this is true reality: It is in the dark that God is passing by. the bridge and our lives shake not because God has abandoned, but the exact opposite: God is passing by. God is in the tremors. Dark is the holiest ground, the glory passing by. In the blackest, God is closest, at work, forging His perfect and right will. Though it is black and we can't see and our world seems to be free-falling and we feel utterly alone, Christ is most present to us, I-beam supporting in earthquake."
Author: Ann Voskamp
2. "I've heard people, usually writers, say that no one wrote a great book after winning the Booker, but I honestly did not feel any big pressure. 'The Gathering' did hang over me in that it was darker than I thought at the time."
Author: Anne Enright
3. "I'm so good and so loving that men don't believe it."
Author: Brenda Fassie
4. "People don't need love. What they need is success in one form or another. It can be love but it needn't be."
Author: Charles Bukowski
5. "A smile is the light in your window that tells others that there is a caring, sharing person inside."
Author: Denis Waitley
6. "He must have felt that he had lost the old warm world, paid a high price for living too long with a single dream. He must have looked up at an unfamiliar sky through frightening leaves and shivered as he found what a grotesque thing a rose is and how raw the sunlight was upon the scarcely created grass. A new world, material without being real, where poor ghosts, breathing dreams like air, drifted fortuitously about...like that ashen, fantastic figure gliding toward him through the amorphous trees."
Author: F. Scott Fitzgerald
7. "I asked for very little from life, and even this little was denied me. A nearby field, a ray of sunlight, a little bit of calm along with a bit of bread, not to feel oppressed by the knowledge that I exist, not to demand anything from others, and not to have others demand anything from me - this was denied me, like the spare change we might deny a beggar not because we're mean-hearted but because we don't feel like unbuttoning our coat."
Author: Fernando Pessoa
8. "Why face life's burdens alone, Christ asks, or why face them with temporal support that will quickly falter? To the heavy laden it is Christ's yoke, it is the power and peace of standing side by side with a God that will provide the support, balance and the strength to meet our challenges and endure our tasks here in the hardpan field of mortality."
Author: Howard W. Hunter
9. "The sun shines on all and all alike, It's not surprising that we feel good when we immerse ourselves in nature."
Author: Jeffrey R. Anderson
10. "I am a competitive figure skater. I've been doing that for the same amount of time I've been doing acting. Ever since I was two."
Author: Jenna Boyd
11. "That night I looked up at those same stars, but I didn't want any of those things. I didn't want Egypt, or France, or far-flung destinations. I just wanted to go back to my life from my childhood, just to visit it, and touch it, and to convince myself that yes, it had been real."
Author: Jenny Lawson
12. "We plan to avoid cupids," Mr. Audley said."Cupids?" Amelia echoed. Good heavens, he did move from topic to topic.He shrugged. "I have discovered that I am not fond of them."How could anyone not be fond of cupids?"
Author: Julia Quinn
13. "A lot of people get so hung up on what they can't have that they don't think for a second about whether they really want it."
Author: Lionel Shriver
14. "I love it when ugliness is beautiful. I love character flaws."
Author: Marcia Gay Harden
15. "If that happens to us," she whispered, unable to wrap her mind around the idea of a life so long and so full of tragedy, "if we feel ourselves, who we are together, becoming lost in time, I don't want to Sleep. I want to say good-bye when I'm still me and you're still you."
Author: Nalini Singh
16. "Take hold of your own life.See that the whole existence is celebrating.These trees are not serious, these birds are not serious.The rivers and the oceans are wild,and everywhere there is fun,everywhere there is joy and delight.Watch existence,listen to the existence and become part of it."
17. "Everybody else is doing it is an excuse, not a reason. It could be that everybody else isn't, but the Devil is introducing you to the few that are in the hopes that he can fool you."
Author: Paula Knoderer Hrbacek
18. "The soul takes flight to the world that is invisible but there arriving she is sure of bliss and forever dwells in paradise."
19. "...if desire is predominant it can deform love between man and woman and rob them both of it."
Author: Pope John Paul II
20. "I tried to give her my best "I Am A Demon Princess" look, which was quite the challenge, seeing as how my hair was hanging in my face and my nose was running. "What's your name?" I asked.The girl kept her eyes on me, but her hands were moving restlessly over the ground around her, no doubt searching for the knife. "Izzy," she said.I raised both my eyebrows. Not exactly a name to strike fear into the heart.Izzy must've read that in my expression, because she frowned. "I'm Isolde Brannick, daughter of Aislinn, daughter of Fiona, daughter of-""Right, right, daughter of a bunch of fierce ladies, got it."
Author: Rachel Hawkins
21. "Terrorism can go anywhere where there is not strong government, or government that cannot control its hinterlands."
Author: Robert D. Kaplan
22. "You reached into my chest with your words. When you spoke, my heart danced. Love muddled thoughts based in reason. Interest withered like a flower in dry heat then your words wrapped themselves around my heart and yanked it from my body. Now I stand bewildered by the sight of my heart beating on the cold concrete floor."
Author: Sonya Watson
23. "One doesn't become a witch to run around being harmful, or to run around being helpful either, a district visitor on a broomstick. It's to escape all that - to have a life of one's own, not an existence doled out to by others."
Author: Sylvia Townsend Warner
24. "I want to help people with depression understand that there is hope, so that they can get the help they need to live rich, fulfilling lives."
Author: Tom Bosley
Quotes About Knowing That You Re In Love Pictures