Famous Quotes About Lack Of Communication In Relationships
Browse 25 famous quotes and sayings about Lack Of Communication In Relationships.
Top Quotes About Lack Of Communication In Relationships
1. "Yeah, you were in my gym class. Didn't you get hit in the face with a tennis ball one time?"Kiley had long ago accepted that, despite the lack of any reasonable scientific explanation, her face clearly attracted sporting equipment. She'd absolutely gotten hit with a tennis ball, as well as a volleyball, a softball, and a Frisbee. Once she'd even managed to get wacked in the nose with a broom while they'd attempted to play a grounded version of Quidditch. "Yup, that was me."
Author: Ana Blaze
2. "(on teachers) But by the end of two years, most have either changed careers or moved to suburban schools - a consequence of low pay, a lack of support from the educational bureaucracy, and a pervasive feeling of isolation."
Author: Barack Obama
3. "I feel that the truth is simply the truth. And that to shield someone from it is only a manner of treating that person with a lack of respect."
Author: Catherine Ryan Hyde
4. "She realized, when relationships failed to last, it was not because love was no longer present, but because people had stopped believing in themselves and in their partners."
Author: Christina Westover
5. "Mom?" I say as I slip on my boots. "I know you were only eighteen when you met Dad. I mean, that's really young to meet the person you spend the rest of your life with. Do you ever regret it?"She doesn't answer immediately. Instead, she lies back on my bed and clasps her hands behind her head, pondering my question."I've never regretted it. Questioned it? Sure. But never regretted.""Is there a difference?" I ask."Absolutely. Regret is counterproductive. It's looking back on a past that you can't change. Questioning things as they occur can prevent regret in the future. I questioned a lot about my relationship with your father. People make spontaneous decisions based on of their hearts all the time. There's so much more to relationships than just love."
Author: Colleen Hoover
6. "A fine risk is always something to be taken in philosophy. ... Philosophy thus arouses a drama between philosophers and an intersubjective movement which does not resemble the dialogue of teamworkers in science, nor even the Platonic dialogue which is the reminiscence of a drama rather than a drama itself. It is sketched out in a different structure; empirically it is realized as the history of philosophy in which new interlocutors always enter who have to restate, but in which the former ones take up the floor to answer in the interpretations they arouse, and in which, nonetheless, despite a lack of "certainty in one's movements" or because of it, no one is allowed a relaxation of attention or a lack of strictness."
Author: Emmanuel Levinas
7. "Anyone who lives in Washington and has an official position viscerally understands the cost of a lack of privacy. Every dinner - especially ones with a journalist in attendance - is preceded by the mandatory, 'This is off the record.' But everyone also knows, nothing is really 'off the record.'"
Author: Ezekiel Emanuel
8. "Rosemary bubbled with delight at the trunks. Her naivete responded whole-heartedly to the expensive simplicity of the Divers, unaware of its complexity and its lack of innocence, unaware that it was all a selection of quality rather than quantity from the run of the world's bazaar; and that the simplicity of behavior also, the nursery-like peace and good will, the emphasis on the simpler virtues, was part of a desperate bargain with the gods and had been attained through struggles she could not have guessed at."
Author: F. Scott Fitzgerald
9. "Many male habitues of massage parlors, like Talese, did not like solitary masturbation; in the parlance of the younger generation, it was a "downer." And yet to be masturbated by an appealing masseuse, to be in the physical presence of a woman with whom there was some communication and understanding, if not love, was gratifying and fun."
Author: Gay Talese
10. "There was that constant communication which strong family affection would dictate; and though sisters, and living almost within sight of each other, they could live without disagreement between themselves, or producing coolness between their husbands."
Author: Jane Austen
11. "When I was feeling more secure, I started to see his insecurities. Aren't relationships like that? It's like being on a seesaw. There are those precious moments when you're just even with each other, but you move through that, and then one person being down by definition means the other person is up. I knew he loved me, and I knew he was afraid. I discovered that, if you look, you can actually see everything. All you have to do is clear away your own fears. The things you think are so well hidden: we can all see them. That's the secret. Everyone can see everything."
Author: Kate Morgenroth
12. "...we have the satisfaction of knowing that whatever we did, we did at the time in the best of faith. Of course, we took some bold steps and often did things with much single-mindedness; but this is surely preferable to never putting one's convictions to the test, for lack of will or courage."
Author: Kazuo Ishiguro
13. "That does not surprise me,' Annie said and once again hung up the phone thinking that she had chosen to surround herself with people who were, for lack of a better term, retarded."
Author: Kevin Wilson
14. "In this moment, I understand that relationships aren't just a blessing, they're a necessity. The Trials of the individual are never enough reason not to love."
Author: Kristine Gasbarre
15. "Real relationships - the kind that were supposed to last but never did - were more trouble than they were worth."
Author: Lauren Conrad
16. "There's somthing inside me that pulls beneath the surface.Consuming.Confusing.This lack of self-control I fear is never ending.Controlling.I can't seemTo find myself again,My walls are closing in(Without a sense of confidence, I'm convinced that there's just too much pressure to take)I felt this way before...So insecure.."
Author: Linkin Park
17. "Thus, sir, you see when faith is lacking, it becomes impossible to create certain states of happiness, for we lack the necessary humility. Vaingloriously, we try to substitute ourselves for this faith, creating thus for the rest of the world a reality which we believe after their fashion, while, actually, it doesn't exist."
Author: Luigi Pirandello
18. "We don't get groupies, well I don't see them, anyway. That was something that I always looked forward to and am constantly disappointed by the lack of!"
Author: Mark Webber
19. "The self is constituted within a variety of arenas and in relation to multiple traditions. Self-hood, on this understanding, is both provisional and open-ended, and critically depends on the configuration of relationships between one's own groups and those cultures and values that are deemed ‘other'. The regulation of alterity becomes a defining attribute of self-hood, as my sense of who I am is crucially mediated by an understanding of that which I am not (paraphrasing William Connolly)."
Author: Michael Kenny
20. "When you disarm the people, you commence to offend them and show that you distrust them either through cowardice or lack of confidence, and both of these opinions generate hatred."
Author: Niccolo Machiavelli
21. "Connection" is the triumphal cry these days. Connection has made people arrogant, impatient, hasty, and presumptuous. ...I don't doubt that instant communication has been good for business, even for the publishing business, but it has done nothing for literature, and might even have harmed it. In many ways connection has been disastrous. We have confused information (of which there is too much) with ideas (of which there are too few). I found out much more about the world and myself by being unconnected."
Author: Paul Theroux
22. "Service Marketing delivers when great communication meets great service design."
Author: Peter Bowman
23. "...people have character strength but they lack communication skills, and that undoubtedly affects the quality of relationships as well."
Author: Stephen R. Covey
24. "All communication involves faith; indeed, some linguisticians hold that the potential obstacles to acts of verbal understanding are so many and diverse that it is a minor miracle that they take place at all."
Author: Terry Eagleton
25. "In addition, Dr. Dannyboy has suggested a fifth element: positive thinking. Pointing out that their breathing, bathing, dining and screwing brought Alobar and Kudra much physical pleasure, and that an organism steeped in pleasure is an organism disposed to continue, he has said that the will to live cannot be overestimated as a stimulant to longevity. Indeed Dr. Dannyboy goes so far as to claim that ninety percent of all deaths are suicides. Persons, says Wiggs, who lack curiosity about life, who find minimal joy in existence, are all too willing, subconsciously, to cooperate with- and attract- disease, accident and violence."
Author: Tom Robbins
Quotes About Lack Of Communication In Relationships Pictures