Famous Quotes About Land Gone With The Wind
Browse 22 famous quotes and sayings about Land Gone With The Wind.
Top Quotes About Land Gone With The Wind
1. "People with yuan fen are destined to like one another;Friendship develops even if a thousand miles apart.But should yuan fen be absent between two individuals,They will remain strangers despite sitting face-to-face"
Author: Adeline Yen Mah
2. "The way Grey speaks, one would think she had been garlanded in rubies and peonies rather than the semen of men who address her with a contempt that borders on revulsion."
Author: Antonella Gambotto Burke
3. "It's a good day when a goddess gets on the school-bus with you."
Author: Barry Lyga
4. "My mother's rules had to do with feminine deportment, so I never played hard enough to break a toy or muddy my dress. My father's rules had to do with never shaming the family by even a hint of scandal, and not providing business rivals with an opportunity to kidnap me or throw acid in my face."
Author: Bharati Mukherjee
5. "His idea was still with me, because it was not a vapor sunshine could disperse, nor a sand-traced effigy storms could wash away; it was a name graven on a tablet, fated to last as long as the marble it inscribed. The craving to know what had become of him followed me everywhere."
Author: Charlotte Brontë
6. "I hope they don't hang you, precious, by that sweet neck. Yes, angel, I'm gonna send you over. The chances are you'll get off with life. That means if you're a good girl, you'll be out in 20 years. I'll be waiting for you. If they hang you, I'll always remember you. (Sam Spade to Brigid O'Shaughnessy)"
Author: Dashiell Hammett
7. "Oh, well,' Mrs. Zender continued, 'Mother always said that Mr. Zender had other talents. He was good looking, and I think Mother put looking good right up there with the harpsichord, an instrument that has limited performance time and requires a great deal of maintenance."
Author: E.L. Konigsburg
8. "Surely the Gods did not bring me safe through fire and sea only to kill me with a flux."
Author: George R.R. Martin
9. "It wasn't a bluff; I heard it in his voice. He would do it. He would walk away. "You would leave all these people, all the bowing, and the . . ." His gray eyes looked into mine. "If I fought for them and was crippled, they would all say nice things, and then they would replace me and forget I was ever there. You would stay with me. You would take care of me, because you love me. I love you too, Kate. If you ever became hurt, I would not leave you. I'll be there. Wherever you want ‘there' to be."
Author: Ilona Andrews
10. "Trains induce such terrible anxiety. They image the possibility of total and irrevocable failure. They are also dirty, rackety, packed with strangers, an object lesson in the foul contingency of life: the talkative fellow-traveller, the possibility of children."
Author: Iris Murdoch
11. "At night I strolled into the Park and took the first whore I met, whom I without many words copulated with free from danger, being safely sheathed. She was ugly and lean and her breath smelt of spirits. I never asked her name. When it was done, she slunk off. I had a low opinion of this practice and resolved to do it no more."
Author: James Boswell
12. "Be smart, be strong, be proud, live honorably and with dignity, and just hold on."
Author: James Frey
13. "I always liked that time of day, when people were shutting up their shops, putting the town to bed for the night, going home to do normal stuff with their normal families. I wonder if they got to enjoy being normal, to know just how terrific it was, or whether it was just invisible to them like air? Sometimes I got so pissed off at how easy the normal people had it that I just wanted to walk down the street shaking them and screaming into their squishy self-satisfied faces."
Author: John Barnes
14. "It's a no-win situation with politics; it's always going to be stressful. I'm more into the comedy of life."
Author: Jordan Peele
15. "In those long-ago days I saw a daughter with a disability. Now I see a beautiful, engaging person with a different ability, one that has blessed her with extra gifts and special perceptions."
Author: Lee Woodruff
16. "Developing a relationship with someone you admire, who can encourage you to reach your full potential, is something that everyone can benefit from."
Author: Mandy Moore
17. "And so we ought not to fear in love, as in everyday life, the future alone, but even the past, which often comes to life for us only when the future has come and gone - and not only the past which we discover after the event but the past which we have long kept stored within ourselves and suddenly learn how to interpret."
Author: Marcel Proust
18. "In the bush he taught the knots I use to tie my blanket to my saddle Ds also the way I stand to use a carpenter's plane and the trick of catching fish with a bush fly and a strip of greenhide these things are like the dark marks made in the rings of great trees locked forever in my daily self."
Author: Peter Carey
19. "Only a man with nothing to hide could make that kind of racket."
Author: Sara Sheridan
20. "The bass player's function, along with the drums, is to be the engine that drives the car... everything else is merely colours."
Author: Suzi Quatro
21. "Back then I didn't think a woman like that, or a relationship like that, could exist with complete freedom and no jealousy or possessiveness. I thought it sounded too good to be true and I was certainly convinced it wasn't the life for me!"
Author: Sylvia Kristel
22. "There exists nowhere on Earth a "soulful place" -- everywhere you are, is the soulful place. The entire world is filled with mystical qualities, including your little slice of the world. Paradise and enlightenment are always within your reach. It's joy. And you should work on filling all your years with as much joy as possible."
Author: William Shatner
Quotes About Land Gone With The Wind Pictures