Famous Quotes About Landing A Job
Browse 27 famous quotes and sayings about Landing A Job.
Top Quotes About Landing A Job
1. "The woman who can create her own job is the woman who will win fame and fortune."
Author: Amelia Earhart
2. "I went to night school and summer school, I made that whole year up and I actually graduated on time. Also, I got a part-time job at the radio station."
Author: Angie Martinez
3. "That's the thing - you do a job like 'Shameless,' and suddenly that's why you can get a job like 'The Virgin Queen', not because of all the classical theatre you've done. But we can be very snippy about television. It's absolutely the most potent and powerful form of storytelling we have."
Author: Anne Marie Duff
4. "I'm a writer, not an activist. My job is to analyse things, to think them through and examine them."
Author: Ariel Levy
5. "To feel valued, to know, even if only once in a while, that you can do a job well is an absolutely marvelous feeling."
Author: Barbara Walters
6. "Algorithms don't do a good job of detecting their own flaws."
Author: Clay Shirky
7. "I hold his gaze until the chaos outside breaks my concentration. Outside, where everything is falling, landing and breaking at once. Sometimes you catch something specific like the screams and cries of people trying to hold on to each other before they're swallowed into other, bigger noises. This is what it sounds like when the world ends."
Author: Courtney Summers
8. "My job as artistic director at the Brighton digital agency Lighthouse is all about trying to show that digital culture is about more than just tools and gadgets - it's about perceiving the societal transformations being brought about by technology."
Author: Honor Harger
9. "Yes. Oh no! I don't subject myself to a leadership that does not break new territories! It is the job of leadership to succeed in landing its limbs on new grounds."
Author: Israelmore Ayivor
10. "It's the job that's never started as takes longest to finish."
Author: J. R. R. Tolkien
11. "One of the men gave Butch a bunch of volts with a stun gun. The Rangeman didn't move fast enough, and Butch grabbed the gun and threw it across the room. "Hunh," Rangeman guy said. "Yeah," I said. "Been there, done that." "Are you sure he's human?" "Maybe you could hook a chain to the FlexiCuffs on his ankles and drag him behind your car," I said. "We tried that once, and Ranger didn't like it," the guy said. "You do something twice that Ranger doesn't like, and you're out of a job and damaged."
Author: Janet Evanovich
12. "In every job that must be done, there is an element of fun. You find the fun and - SNAP - the job's a game!"
Author: Julie Andrews Edwards
13. "...while I was vowing to save Nick, he had taken on the job of being my protector and staunchest defender"
Author: Katherine Allred
14. "When we saw a destitute-looking man trying to sell worn flip-flops, I vowed never to complain about a job again. When I considered the steady paycheck and quality of life it provided, my past gripes - primarily boring meetings, back-biting office politics and pantyhose - were just whining."
Author: Kristine K. Stevens
15. "Growing up, I stayed in a child's place. My father was murdered when I was 20. I was a model and never had a real job and my parents took care of me."
Author: LisaRaye McCoy Misick
16. "Every job I've ever gotten has been an accident. All the jobs I actually go after, I don't get."
Author: Moon Unit Zappa
17. "If the only time you think of me as a scientist is during Black History Month, then I must not be doing my job as a scientist."
Author: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
18. "It was a survival thing: he didn't answer back, didn't say anything about job security for prison guards, debate the nature of repentance, rehabilitation, or rates of recidivism. He didn't say anything funny or clever, and, to be on the safe side, when he was talking to a prison official, whenever possible, he didn't say anything at all. Speak when you're spoken to. Do your own time. Get out. Go home. ... Rebuild a life."
Author: Neil Gaiman
19. "We do not wait for inspiration. We work because we've jolly well got to. But when all is said and done, we toil at this particular job because it's turned out to be our particular job, and in a weird sort of way I suppose we may be said to like it."
Author: Ngaio Marsh
20. "Acting is just a job at the end of the day, and it's a very strange one."
Author: Philip Glenister
21. "The object is to keep busy being something...as opposed to doing something. We are all sent here to bring more gratitude, more kindness, more forgiveness and more love into this world. That is too big a job to be accomplished by just a few."
Author: Richard Nelson Bolles
22. "Being a fiction writer is really like being an actor, because if you're going to write convincingly it has to sound right and play right. The only way that works is to emotionally and technically act out and see the scene you're in.There's no better job in the world, because when I sit down at that computer I'm the world's best forensics expert, if that's what I'm writing about that day. Or I'm some crazed psycho running down a dark alley.Or I'm a gorgeous woman looking to find a man that night. Whatever! But I'm all of those things, every day. How can you beat that?"
Author: Ridley Pearson
23. "Yeah, you were doing a real bang-up job of it. I particularly liked the way you were bruising his fists with your face. A few minutes more and I'm sure your heart would have been on the attack...after it was ripped from your chest. (Kat)"
Author: Sherrilyn Kenyon
24. "We're here with a special offer for you, Mr. Steele. A once-in-a-lifetime type of opportunity. (Joe)Oh, wait, I've seen this movie. I do a job for you, and you let me go. So who am I? I can't be Eddie Murphy, wrong ethnicity. I'm not bald, so I can't be Vin Diesel. So where does that leave me? (Steele)"
Author: Sherrilyn Kenyon
25. "I used to be quite a big video game player at university and post-university in that weird moment in life before you have a proper job and you've got a lot of idle time."
Author: Stephen Merchant
26. "I suppose the biggest thing I learned is that I'm in it for the right reasons. I love my job as much now as when I first began. I still feel fully invested in every audition, every job - large or small, every appearance, every meeting with every fan."
Author: Steven Blum
27. "I feel I am very fortunate to have a job that I really like."
Author: Yani Tseng
Quotes About Landing A Job Pictures