Famous Quotes About Lara
Browse 784 famous quotes and sayings about Lara.
Top Quotes About Lara
1. "The fatigue of the climb was great but it is interesting to learn once more how much further one can go on one's second wind. I think that is an important lesson for everyone to learn for it should also be applied to one's mental efforts. Most people go through life without ever discovering the existance of that whole field of endeavor which we describe as second wind. Whether mentally or physically occupied most people give up at the first appearance of exhaustion. Thus they never learn the glory and the exhilaration of genuine effort..."
Author: Agnes Elizabeth Née Ernst Meyer
2. "Lovers of air travel find it exhilarating to hang poised between the illusion of immortality and the fact of death."
Author: Alexander Chase
3. "Stumble on joy"--the phrase had knocked something loose in him. Joy: What did it feel like? Trying to remember, he was overcome by longing. He knew satisfaction, the exhilaration of success, contentment, and happiness to the extent he could identify it. But joy?"
Author: Amy Waldman
4. "As a leader it is your job to protect the missional integrity of the Jesus gathering to which you have been called. It is your responsibility to see to it that the church under your care continues as a gathering of people in process; a place where the curious,the unconvinced, the sceptical, the used-to-believe and the broken, as well as the committed, informed and sold-out come together around Peter's declaration that Jesus is the Christ, the Son of the living God."
Author: Andy Stanley
5. "The writing that so thrills and exhilarates you, as if you were dancing right next to the band, is barely audible to anyone else."
Author: Annie Dillard
6. "******"Nasil istersen sevgilim.""Bana Charlotte diye hitap etmeni tercih ederim. 'Sevgilim', 'Düses Hanimefendileri' ve hatta 'Düses' diye bile degil. Sadece Charlotte.""Ah. Pekala. Eger yine de sen bana Phillip disinda, baska bir sekilde hitap etmek istersen, bilmeni isterim ki ben özellikle 'Hasmetmeaplari' demen taraftariyim."Charlotte basini yana egdi."Neden orada duralim ki? Neden arkasindan bir de Majesteleri demeyelim ki?"Phillip krallara layik bir reveransla karsilik verdi. "Madem israr ediyorsunuz."*******"Günden güne daha düsüncesiz ve kaba bir adam olup çiktigimi hissediyorum. Bu sabah uyandigimda, ilk düsüncem sirtimi ovman için seni uyandirmak oldu. Sadece o essiz hakimiyetim sayesinde kendimi yatak odana girmekten alikoyabildim."*******"Senin yaptigin her sey beni bastan çikariyor zaten. Yapman gereken tek sey nefes almak, sonra ben ne istersen yaparim."
Author: Ashley March
7. "The UN declaration on human rights must always be first in line before religion or other cultural habits, in case of any conflict between them."
Author: Bjorn Ulvaeus
8. "Solara: I want to come with you.Eli: No, you don't.Solara: I hate it here.Eli: Then change it."
Author: Book Of Eli Movie
9. "Solara: Do you really read the same book everyday?Eli: Without fail."
Author: Book Of Eli Movie
10. "But if people want to swim in the Thames, if they want to take their lives into their own hands, then they should be able to do so with all the freedom and exhilaration of our woad-painted ancestors."
Author: Boris Johnson
11. "Since the moment I saw her yesterday, I've been looking through the sparkly prism of exhilaration that comes with any old flame. But now, for the first time, I'm not just seeing what I want. I'm seeing what my friend needs."
Author: Brad Meltzer
12. "Mine.The word was a declaration. It rocked him to his very foundation. It was a truth he'd kept hidden for far too long. Caleb didn't know anything about love, or loving anyone, but he knew… Livvie was his."
Author: C.J. Roberts
13. "Ömrüm boyunca kendimi karsi oldugum seyle ifade ettim.Her seye karsi savastim; ama zamanla aslinda hiçbir seyin yaninda olamadigimi da anladim. Ah evet, her seyi elestirebilirim, yakinip yargilayabilirim ama bu bana ne kazandirir ki?Bir seyi kavramakla, yaratmak ayni sey degildir. Isyan çikarmak yapici olmak degildir...Dünyayi parçalara ayirdik ama parçalarla ne yapacagimizi bilemiyoruz.Benim kusagim ve her seyi alaya alisimiz dünyayi daha iyi bir yer yapmadi. Vaktimizin çogunu baskalarinin yarattigi seyleri yargilayarak geçirdigimizden, kendimiz hiçbir sey yaratamadik. Ben isyankarligi bir kaçis yolu olarak kullandim. Elestiriyi sahte bir katilim olarak kullandik. Sanki bir seyler basarmisiz gibi gösterdik. Dünyaya katkisi olan hiçbir seye katilmadim ben."
Author: Chuck Palahniuk
14. "Ya saben: se puede estar solo en una fiesta de declarados amigos, en un asado familiar, en una mesa ruidosa de ex compañeras del secundario; se puede estar sola en la ciudad -a todas nos ha pasado-aunque todos los flacos te miren y te murmuren cosas cuando pasás. Pero, ¿saben que? también estamos solas cuando al amor lo encontramos online: lo leemos, lo sentimos, pero no lo vemos. Cuando las pruebas sólo son escritas, duele."
Author: Cielo Latini
15. "A mirror hung between the shelves.Clara stepped in front of it and let her fingers run over the silver roses that covered the frame. She had never seen anything so beautiful. The glass they surrounded was dark, as if the night had spilled onto it. It was misted up, and right where she saw the reflection of her face was the imprint of a hand."
Author: Cornelia Funke
16. "Tucker: "Today we ran into a mama grizzly with two cubs at the ridge off Colter Bay and Clara sang to it to make it go away."Mrs. Avery: You sang to it?Tucker: Her singing is that bad."
Author: Cynthia Hand
17. "I would lay down my life to protect you, Clara,"
Author: Cynthia Hand
18. "Fine." He smirks at me. "Nice to meet you, Carrots," he says, looking directly at my hair. "Oh, I mean Clara."My face flames."Same to you, Rusty," I shoot back, but he's already striding away."
Author: Cynthia Hand
19. "Raphael shrugged away the facad of humanity that he wore like a cloak, releasing the bonds that kept his power concealed and let if low out of him like a river of molten silver. It warmed his veins and sped the pumping of his heart, pushing his lungs to expand more fully with every breath. It was a heady rush that had his lips drawing back in a vicious smile of pure exhilaration, his fangs emerging from his gums as he became the purest form of what he was....Vampire"."
Author: D.B. Reynolds
20. "Beni tanidigin için, bana dokunmadan beni parçalara ayirabilirsin."
Author: Diana Gabaldon
21. "La luz del pasillo iluminaba débilmente mi rostro que se reflejaba de modo fantasmal en el cristal de la ventanilla y me hacía recordar el que tuve en la infancia, el que naufragó para siempre en la despedida, como si aquel niño se hallara agazapado en algún lugar de mi interior esperando un descuido mío para emerger de nuevo en las aguas fangosas del pasado con su sonrisa feliz y sus ojos brillantes."
Author: Elia Barceló
22. "Insan ömrü kisaydi, bir kurtçugunkinden farksiz. Ya da ipekböcegininkinden. Ademogullari, Havvakizlari tuhaf mahluklardi. Kurtçuga benzetsen alinir, ipekböcegine benzetilmekten keyif duyarlardi. Böceklerden igrenir ama parmaklarina ugurböcegi konsa hayra alamet sayarlardi. Siçanlardan tiksinir, sincaplara bayilirlardi. Akbabalari itici, kartallari heybetli bulurlardi. Sinekleri hor görür, atesböceklerine bayilirlardi. Bakir ve demire ehemmiyet vermez, altina taparlardi. Ayaklarinin altindaki taslara dönüp bakmazken mücevherler için delirirlerdi."
Author: Elif Shafak
23. "To write is to forget. Literature is the most agreeable way of ignoring life. Music soothes, the visual arts exhilarates, the performing arts (such as acting and dance) entertain. Literature, however, retreats from life by turning in into slumber. The other arts make no such retreat— some because they use visible and hence vital formulas, others because they live from human life itself. This isn't the case with literature. Literature stimulates life. A novel is a story of what never was, a play is a novel without narration. A poem is the expression of ideas or feelings a language no one uses, because no one talks in verse."
Author: Fernando Pessoa
24. "Anlamiyorlar beni, bu kulaklara göre agiz degilim ben."
Author: Friedrich Nietzsche
25. "For the record, I believe elected officials should talk about faith. Our founders believed the moral principles of faith were indispensable to our nation's survival. The Declaration of Independence mentions God four times."
Author: Gary Bauer
26. "Vitur maður hefur sagt að næst því að missa móður sína sé fátt hollara úngum börnum en missa föður sinn."
Author: Halldór Laxness
27. "Today everybody is talking about the fact that we live in one world; because of globalization, we are all part of the same planet. They talk that way, but do they mean it? We should remind them that the words of the Declaration [of Independence] apply not only to people in this country, but also to people all over the world. People everywhere have the same right to life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness. When the government becomes destructive of that, then it is patriotic to dissent and to criticize - to do what we always praise and call heroic when we look upon the dissenters and critics in totalitarian countries who dare to speak out."
Author: Howard Zinn
28. "Açik konusalim: Her rejim, hatta en otoriter olan bile degisken bir denge durumunda ayakta kalabilir, bu nedenle kendi baski donaniminin varligini sürekli olarak hakli göstermesi gerekir ve baski uygulayacak bir seylere gereksinme duyar."
Author: Italo Calvino
29. "Of! Korkunç bir sey,diye söylendi kel kafasini egerek. Korkunç olanin ne oldugunu ne anlamaya çalisti ne de üstünde düsündü.Sonra aliskanlikla ve dikkatle eklem yerleri damla hastaligindan bozulmus kisa parmaklarina ve badem pembesi iri,çikintili turnaklarina bakti ve emin olarak "korkunç" diye yineledi. (Sanfransiskolu Adam adli öyküsünden)"
Author: Ivan Bunin
30. "She drew in a huge breath and let it out all at once. "I never thought anyone would want me."Such plain, simple words, and so eloquent a declaration. In that moment he shared all the pain, all the insecurities of an awkward lass made to believe she was worthless to any man but a feckless father who preferred whisky and wagers to pride in himself and his daughter.He reached out and caught her hand, fingered it gently, then carried her hand to his mouth and kissed her palm. "I want you," he said.This time when she cried he knew it was for joy."
Author: Jennifer Roberson
31. "There was an intensity of sensation when you were on the edge of what you could handle, when you were physically tested and made to fight for each breath, that was somehow exhilarating."
Author: Joe Hill
32. "Traza una línea, dale un golpe de color al lienzo... y todo se aclarará."
Author: John Katzenbach
33. "Los recuerdos declarativos parecen almacenarse definitivamente en los mismos sistemas corticales involucrados en el procesado inicial del estímulo. En otras palabras, la morada final es también la región que sirvió como punto de partida inicial. La única separación es el tiempo, no el lugar. Estos datos tienen mucho que decir no sólo sobre el almacenaje, sino también sobre el recuerdo. La recuperación, diez años más tarde, de una huella de memoria totalmente madura puede constituir simplemente un intento de reconstruir los momentos iniciales del aprendizaje, cuando el recuerdo sólo tenía unos milisegundos de edad."
Author: John Medina
34. "Anyway, how can you say things like that? You don't know me at all." She wasn't really caught up in this game, but she was enjoying it, as she had enjoyed the dozens of declarations that had been made to her since she was eleven. Her earliest memories were of being told how beautiful she was. Something in her never believed the words, never felt satisfied. It wasn't modesty; it was a craving for more proof than anyone had ever yet given her. Her mind worked constantly at trying to understand for herself exactly what other people saw when they looked at her. She could never grasp it whole and living. Her deepest fantasy was to step outside of her skin and look at herself and find out just what people were thinking about. She spent her life experimenting with people to see how she could make them react, as if, in their response, she could discover herself."
Author: Judith Krantz
35. "I lost Susy thirteen years ago; I lost her mother--her incomparable mother!--five and a half years ago; Clara has gone away to live in Europe and now I have lost Jean. How poor I am, who was once so rich! . . . Jean lies yonder, I sit here; we are strangers under our own roof; we kissed hands good-by at this door last night--and it was forever, we never suspecting it. She lies there, and I sit here--writing, busying myself, to keep my heart from breaking. How dazzling the sunshine is flooding the hills around! It is like a mockery. Seventy-four years ago twenty-four days. Seventy-four years old yesterday. Who can estimate my age today?"
Author: Mark Twain
36. "Richard kurnazca gülümsüyor. 'Ah su ugurlu isaretler,' diyor, 'onlara inaniyor musun? Bize bu kadar önem verildigini mi düsünüyorsun? Bizimle bu kadar ilgilenildigini mi düsünüyorsunuz? Ah, öyle olsa harika olmaz miydi? Eh, belki de öyledir."
Author: Michael Cunningham
37. "Having someone this male next to her made her soul feel exhilarated and convey brazenly suggestive, female, liberal ideas to her inner id."
Author: Missy Lyons
38. "Sesungguhnya;Cinta itu amat keparatDitunggu rasanya penatDikejar pastinya tak larat."
Author: Mosyuki Borhan
39. "Masanin üstündeki kitaplara saldirdi ve ilgili buldugu ilk kitabi önsözünden yüksek sesle okumaya basladi. Anlamadigi cümlelerde durarak, benden açiklamalar istedi. Dogrusu, sadece bir ögrenci, hem de derslere ilgisiz bir ögrenci oldugum için, ona yararli açiklamalarda bulunamadim. Birden kizarak kitabi kapadi: ‘Tanrim! Hep önsözlerde kaliyorum!' Durmadan yakinirdi: ‘Biraz daha ilerleyebilsem, hiç olmazsa ‘Giris'e kadar gelebilsem!' Ellerime sarilirdi: ‘Bana yardim edin dostum! Bütün kitaplarin neden yazildigini, yazanlarin kimlere tesekkür borçlu oldugunu, bu kitabi yazma düsüncesinin onlara na-sil geldigini, bu kitabin ne gibi bir boslugu dolduracagini, hepsini biliyorum. Sonra ne oluyor? Anlatin bana."
Author: Oğuz Atay
40. "And if Amsterdam was hell, and if hell was a memory, then he realized that perhaps there was some purpose to his being lost. Cut off from everything that was familiar to him, unable to discover even a single point of reference, he saw that his steps, by taking him nowhere, were taking him him nowhere but into himself. He was wandering inside himself, and he was lost. Far from troubling him, this state of being lost because a source of happiness, of exhilaration. He breathed it into his very bones. As if on the brink of some previously hidden knowledge, he breathed it into his very bones and said to himself, almost triumphantly: I am lost."
Author: Paul Auster
41. "I had to hand it to Elodie. If I'd been in control of my body, there would have been flailing and knocking things over, and I probably would have caught my clothes in the drawer. But Elodie smoothly closed the drawer without a sound, and sat down in Lara's chair like she belonged there."
Author: Rachel Hawkins
42. "Kamu seorang Muslimah. Kecewa seumur hidup bukanlah cara hidup Islam kerana Allah melarang hamba-hambaNya hidup berputus asa"
Author: Ramlee Awang Murshid
43. "My early colleagues and myself helped create the life styles of Americans and, by osmosis, of the rest of the world. I found it difficult to reconcile success with humility. I tried it first, but it meant avoiding the very essence of my career - total exhilaration and the ecstasy of creativity."
Author: Raymond Loewy
44. "Allowed to cast themselves for great tragic roles, they were experiencing the exhilaration felt by great tragic actors. It was not lack of control, lack of taste, lack of knowledge that accounted for permission of what was not permitted in the West. Rather was it the reverse. Our people could not have handled patients full of the dangerous thoughts of death and love; these people had such resources that they did not need to empty their patients of such freight."
Author: Rebecca West
45. "The man paused and added with a grin, "He also wishes your porter's head on a silver plate for not opening the gate at once upon his herald's declaration of his visit. This tale of threatening brigands is all very well, but can't I see he's the sheriff?"
Author: Robin McKinley
46. "Cada amanecer era una declaración de intenciones que anunciaban la inevitable progresión del tiempo, y un recordatorio de que el mundo continuaría girando eternamente sobre sus pasos galácticos, haciendo caso omiso de los sueños de los seres que se consideraban importantes..."
Author: S.D. Perry
47. "Believe me, Clara. It would be very easy to lay you back down, ease myself inside you, and fuck you senseless. But I can't just screw you on some random couch where anyone could walk in on us. And I can't screw you while the room is spinning and I'm slightly shitfaced. I don't even want to screw you. I want to make love to you. The slow, sweet, all night long kind of love."
Author: Sarah Darlington
48. "The Doctor: I've seen bigger.Clara: Really?The Doctor: Are you joking? It's massive!"
Author: Steven Moffat
49. "Long ago, three weeks seemed like a lifetime as I waited for the opportunity to make love to him. Three years seemed longer, as I waited for him to graduate from university and prepared to marry him. I feel a long-forgotten tightness in my chest, a sort of worry and exhilaration that thrills me to feel again. I'm nervous about forever. About stopping. About seeing how my heart will keep beating with a new address and a permanent position at an English school somewhere in Owase. I'm eager to find out, though, because at long last I feel ready. I've wandered. I've gotten lost. I've shaken up my compass and it's always pointed a true North named Dominic, for as long as I care to remember. I know where I live."
Author: Vee Hoffman
50. "Investigation after declaration of submission leads astray."
Author: Wasif Ali Wasif
Quotes About Lara Pictures