Famous Quotes About Lasts
Browse 335 famous quotes and sayings about Lasts.
Top Quotes About Lasts
1. "This was what Parker had learned early on about disappointment; its sting lasts only in the beginning, only until the body goes numb from its repetition."
Author: Abby Slovin
2. "The death takes a moment and life lasts forever. Why spend eternity worried about a singularity?"
Author: Abram Gitspof
3. "I think cynicism lasts. Sentimentality ages, dates quickly."
Author: Alexander Payne
4. "You guys know I love you, right?" I glance between them, knowing they'll freak, but it has to be said. They look at each other, exchanging a look of alarm, both of them wondering what could've possibly happened to the girl they once pegged as the Ice Queen. "Um, okay..." Haven says, shaking her head. But I just smile and grasp them both to me, squeezing them tightly as I whisper to Miles, "Whatever you do don't stop acting or singing, it's going to bring you great happiness." And before he can respond, I've moved on to Haven, knowing I have to get this over with and quick, so I can get Damen to Ava's, but determined to find a way to urge her to love herself more, and that Josh is worth hanging on to for however long it lasts. "You have so much value," I tell her. "So much to give--I just wish you could see how bright your star truly does shine." "Um, gag!" she says, laughing as she untangles herself from my grip. "Are you okay?"
Author: Alyson Noel
5. "What I call innocence is the spirit's unself-conscious state at any moment of pure devotion to any object. It is at once a receptiveness and total concentration. One needn't be, shouldn't be, reduced to a puppy. If you wish to tell me that the city offers galleries, I'll pour you a drink and enjoy your company while it lasts; but I'll bear with me to my grave those pure moments at the Tate (was it the Tate?) where I stood planted, open-mouthed, born, before that one particular canvas, that river up to my neck, gasping, lost, receding into watercolor depth and depth to the vanishing point, buoyant, awed, and had to be literally hauled away. These are our few live seasons. Let us live them as purely as we can, in the present."
Author: Annie Dillard
6. "Enjoy your obscurity while it lasts."
Author: Austin Kleon
7. "I've just had some of the worst situations with the most beautiful girls who I just could not stand talking to anymore. The physical only lasts for so long."
Author: Brian Austin Green
8. "People are famous for being famous and for nothing else. And good luck to them, because it lasts about a year and then they're nothing again."
Author: Brian Johnson
9. "Life has always seemed to me like a plant that lives on its rhizome. Its true life is invisible, hidden in the rhizome. The part that appears above ground lasts only a single summer. Then it withers away—an ephemeral apparition. When we think of the unending growth and decay of life and civilizations, we cannot escape the impression of absolute nullity. Yet I have never lost a sense of something that lives and endures underneath the eternal flux. What we see is the blossom, which passes. The rhizome remains."
Author: C.G. Jung
10. "To be honest, one can only feel glad that so many modern iconoclasts consider Christianity to be full of exceptionally hypocritical, religious zealots - it's biblically accurate and a prophecy fulfilled. The old smoke screen is one of Satan's favorite tricks. He conceals the authentic. He has a persistent strategy of targeting those who remind him of Christianity because he fears those who remind him of Christ."
Author: Criss Jami
11. "You know the reason The Beatles made it so big?...'I Wanna Hold Your Hand.' First single. Fucking brilliant. Perhaps the most fucking brilliant song ever written. Because they nailed it. That's what everyone wants. Not 24/7 hot wet sex. Not a marriage that lasts a hundred years. Not a Porsche...or a million-dollar crib. No. They wanna hold your hand. They have such a feeling that they can't hide. Every single successful song of the past fifty years can be traced back to 'I Wanna Hold Your Hand.' And every single successful love story has those unbearable and unbearably exciting moments of hand-holding."
Author: David Levithan
12. "A new gadget that lasts only five minutes is worth more than an immortal work that bores everyone."
Author: Francis Picabia
13. "Death is like an arrow that is already in flight, and your life lasts only until it reaches you."
Author: Georg Hermes
14. "The creative habit is like a drug. The particular obsession changes, but the excitement, the thrill of your creation lasts."
Author: Henry Moore
15. "All false art, all vain wisdom, lasts its time but finally destroys itself, and its highest culture is also the epoch of its decay."
Author: Immanuel Kant
16. "Everything dies eventually. We all know that. People, cities, whole civilations. Nothing lasts. So if existence was just binary, dead or alive, here or not here, what would be the fucking point in anything?"
Author: Isaac Marion
17. "Dr. Luce introduced the concept of "periphescence". The word itself means nothing; Luce made it up to avoid any etymological associations. The state of periphescence, however, is well known. It denotes the first fever of human pair bonding. It causes giddiness, elation, a tickling on the chest wall, the urge to climb a balcony on the rope of the beloved's hair. Periphescence denotes the inital drugged and happy bedtime where you sniff your lover like a scented poppy for hours running. (It lasts, Luce explained, up to two years--tops.)"
Author: Jeffrey Eugenides
18. "She puts her hands on either side of my face, and the room falls away. I have never gotten so lost in a kiss before. And then, the space between us explodes. My heart keeps missing beats and my hands cannot bring her close enough to me. I taste her and realize I have been starving. I have loved before, but it didn't feel like this.I have kissed before, but it didn't burn me alive. Maybe it lasts a minute, and maybe it's an hour. All I know is that kiss, and how soft her skin is when it brushes against mine, and that even if I did not know it until now, I have been waiting for this person forever."
Author: Jodi Picoult
19. "But the big courage is the cold-blooded kind, the kind that never lets go even when you're feeling empty inside, and your blood's thin, and there's no kind of fun or profit to be had, and the trouble's not over in an hour or two but lasts for months and years."
Author: John Buchan
20. "...the human being to lack that second skin we call egoism has not yet been born, it lasts much longer than the other one, that bleeds so readily."
Author: José Saramago
21. "You must all swear to me that you will protect my sister and her child. If Helen and her line of daughters die, there will be nothing on Earth for me to love," she said, her eyes falling apologetically on her son, Aeneas, for a moment before they hardened against him. He dropped his head with a wounded look, and Aphrodite turned to Hector."As long as my sister and her line of daughters lasts, there will be love in the world. I swear it on the River Styx. But if you let my sister die, Hector of Troy, son of Apollo, I will leave this world and take love itself away with me."
Author: Josephine Angelini
22. "Camus said 'Love Lasts or Love Burns'. I want a Lasting Burn-just nothing requiring a series of painful treatments by a rubber-gloved Doctor"
Author: Josh Stern
23. "Every social organisation which is rooted in life still lasts a long time, even after the conditions from which it drew its strength have changed in a manner unfavourable to it."
Author: Karl Radek
24. "Having a movie that lasts and makes your image imprinted into the history of cinema, it's very positive."
Author: Ludivine Sagnier
25. "Can the purpose of a relationship be to trigger our wounds? In a way, yes, because that is how healing happens; darkness must be exposed before it can be transformed. The purpose of an intimate relationship is not that it be a place where we can hide from our weaknesses, but rather where we can safely let them go. It takes strength of character to truly delve into the mystery of an intimate relationship, because it takes the strength to endure a kind of psychic surgery, an emotional and psychological and even spiritual initiation into the higher Self. Only then can we know an enchantment that lasts."
Author: Marianne Williamson
26. "I think hope is the worst thing in the world. I really do. It makes a fool of you while it lasts. And then when it's gone, it's like there's nothing left of you at all . . . except what you can't be rid of."
Author: Marilynne Robinson
27. "Enjoy the rainbow while it lasts and don't chase it when it's gone."
Author: Marty Rubin
28. "When I turn around, he cups my face in his hands and he kisses me so deeply that I don't know who is breathing for who, but his mouth and tongue taste like warm honey. I don't know how long it lasts, but when I let go of him, I miss it already."
Author: Melina Marchetta
29. "Remember, the worst hour of your life only lasts for sixty minutes. (292)"
Author: Michael Robotham
30. "But love, like a mushroom high compared with the buzz from cheap weed, outlasts grief."
Author: Miriam Toews
31. "But nothing lasts forever," Drew said, and then he and Roger sang together "Even cold November rain." I looked from one to the other, baffled."Seriously?" asked Drew, catching my expression in the rear-view mirror. "Magellan, get this girl some GNR."
Author: Morgan Matson
32. "Make your mark on the world, and make it deep so it lasts."
Author: Nora Roberts
33. "The fact that in America bread lasts so long. You buy bread, and then it's bread forever - it's Forever Bread!"
Author: Paul Bettany
34. "People who make music together cannot be enemies, at least while the music lasts."
Author: Paul Hindemith
35. "I Wanna Hold Your Hand.' First single. Fucking brilliant. Perhaps the most fucking brilliant song ever written. Because they nailed it. That's what everyone wants. Not 24-7 hot wet sex. Not a marriage that lasts a hundred years. Not a Porsche or a blow job or a million-dollar crib. No. They wanna hold your hand. They have a feeling that they can't hide."
Author: Rachel Cohn
36. "The television is 'real'. It is immediate, it has dimension. It tells you what to think and blasts it in. It must be right. It seems so right. It rushes you on so quickly to its own conclusions your mind hasn't time to protest, 'What nonsense!'."
Author: Ray Bradbury
37. "Each building has to be beautiful, but cheap and fast, but it lasts forever. That is already an incredible battery of seemingly contradictory demands. So yes, I'm definitely perhaps contradictory person, but I operate in very contradictory times."
Author: Rem Koolhaas
38. "In Hollywood a marriage is a success if it outlasts milk."
Author: Rita Rudner
39. "You must not make the mistake of thinking that because nothing lasts, nothing matters."
Author: Robert Charles Wilson
40. "As it is with a play, so it is with life - what matters is not how long the acting lasts, but how good it is."
41. "I love to use beets as a lip tint. It lasts all day."
Author: Shay Mitchell
42. "The bonds of friendship dwindle with age, Oliver. But a little blackmail lasts forever."
Author: Stephen Hunt
43. "Nothing lasts. Everything changes. But the changes are the same. Winter will always turn to spring."
Author: Susan Trott
44. "A library book lasts as long as a house, for hundreds of years. It is not an article for mere consumption, but fairly of capital, and often in the case of professional men, setting out in life, it is their only capital."
Author: Thomas Jefferson
45. "Think, too, of the great part that is played by the unpredictable in war: think of it now, before you are actually comitted to war. The longer a war lasts, the more things tend to depend on accidents. Neither you nor we can see into them: we have to abide their outcome in the dark. And when people are entering upon a war they do things the wrong way round. Action comes first, and it is only when they have already suffered that they begin to think."
46. "I wish those people who write so glibly about this being a holy War, and the orators who talk so much about going on no matter how long the War lasts and what it may mean, could see a case--to say nothing of 10 cases--of mustard gas in its early stages--could see the poor things burnt and blistered all over with great mustard-coloured suppurating blisters, with blind eyes--sometimes temporally, sometimes permanently--all sticky and stuck together, and always fighting for breath, with voices a mere whisper, saying that their throats are closing and they know they will choke."
Author: Vera Brittain
47. "...Who knows what death, anxiety of the living, Who knows what loneliness, end of the lovingI could say to myself of the love (I had): Let it not be immortal, since it is flame But let it be infinite while it lasts."
Author: Vinicius De Moraes
48. "Unpraised, I find it hard to start writing in the morning; but the dejection lasts only 30 minutes, and once I start I forget all about it. One should aim, seriously, at disregarding ups and downs; a compliment here, a silence there;[...] the central fact remains stable, which is the fact of my own pleasure in the art."
Author: Virginia Woolf
49. "I guess the most amazing thing about crying though is that when you're in it, you think it'll go on forever but it never really lasts half what you think. Not in terms of real time. In terms of real emotions, it's worse than you think, but not by the clock."
Author: William Goldman
50. "Sense never fails to give them that have it, Words enough tomake them understood. It too often happens in some conversations,as in Apothecary Shops, that those Pots that are Empty, or haveThings of small Value in them, are as gaudily Dress'd as those thatare full of precious Drugs.They that soar too high, often fall hard, making a low and levelDwelling preferable. The tallest Trees are most in the Power of theWinds, and Ambitious Men of the Blasts of Fortune. Buildings haveneed of a good Foundation, that lie so much exposed to theWeather."
Author: William Penn
Quotes About Lasts Pictures