Famous Quotes About Learned Behavior
Browse 13 famous quotes and sayings about Learned Behavior.
Top Quotes About Learned Behavior
1. "...he was one of the great intellectuals of the 1940s who completedtheir higher studies in the West and returned to their country toapply what they had learned there—lock, stock, and barrel—withinEgyptian academia. For people like them, "progress" and "the West"were virtually synonymous, with all that that entailed by way of positiveand negative behavior. They all had the same reverence for thegreat Western values—democracy, freedom, justice, hard work, andequality. At the same time, they had the same ignorance of the nation'sheritage and contempt for its customs and traditions, which they consideredshackles pulling us toward Backwardness from which it wasour duty to free ourselves so that the Renaissance could be achieved."
Author: Alaa Al Aswany
2. "There wasn't any single moment of bedazzling revelation, it was more of an education process. The more I learned about the nature of addiction, the more I was willing to look at my own behavior and history. And the more I was able to help the people I was in there with, the more it all made sense. A lot of this process came through witnessing the sickness of these people I was in rehab with, for me to see these people and care about them, and to know how slim their chances were of ever changing the demonic possession they had been living with. I realized this was not the jail I wanted to live my life in."
Author: Anthony Kiedis
3. "It still took years for me to let go of learned pattern's of behavior that negated my capacity to give and receive love. One pattern that made the practice of love especially difficult was my constantly choosing to be with men who were emotionally wounded, who were not that interested in loving, even though they desired to be loved. I wanted to know love but was afraid to be intimate. By choosing men who were not interested in being loving, I was able to practice giving love but always within an unfufilling context. Naturally, my need to receive love was not met. I got what I was accustomed to getting. Care and affection, usually mingled with a degree of unkindness, neglect, and on some occasions, out right cruelty."
Author: Bell Hooks
4. "Once people learned how to believe in something, that skill started spilling over to other parts of their lives, until they started believing they could change. Belief was the ingredient that made a reworked habit loop into a permanent behavior."
Author: Charles Duhigg
5. "I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows. But now the damned things have learned to swim ,and now decency and good behavior weary me."
Author: Frida Kahlo
6. "To me, I learned along the way, you know, culture is behavior. That's all it is; culture is people's behaviors."
Author: Ginni Rometty
7. "I've learned there's a big difference between a long-focused value investor and a good short-seller. That difference is psychological and I think it falls into the realm of behavioral finance."
Author: James Chanos
8. "Since Mom wasn't exactly the most useful person in the world, one lesson I learned at an early age was how to get things done, and this was a source of both amazement and concern for Mom, who considered my behavior unladylike but also counted on me. "I never knew a girl to have such gumption," she'd say. "But I'm not too sure it's a good thing."
Author: Jeannette Walls
9. "If you're still not convinced, watch what you say, because I've been in therapy since I was five. My mother started me at such a young age because I was really angry at my dad, and it was coming out in the form of night terrors. Therapy literally changed my life, and I've been in it pretty much ever since. Because of my years on the couch, I've gotten to know my dark side, and I've learned how to keep it in check. At this point my self-destructive behaviors are like old enemies that I've done battle with again and again—I know all the angles, all the moves I need to dodge them and prevent them from fucking up my life."
Author: Jillian Michaels
10. "Showing up to games year after year, no matter what the product on the field gives you back, is a learned behavior - sort of like rats in a maze searching for cheese. The rat learns the maze, learns where the cheese is placed and eventually goes to it without thought, even when the cheese is taken away. The rat doesn't know anything else."
Author: Joe Cowley
11. "I long ago learned that one's illnesses are both pleasanter and more useful if one keeps their exact nature to himself: one's friends, uncertain as to the cause of one's queer behavior and strange sufferings, impute to one a mysteriousness often subtly convenient."
Author: John Barth
12. "When I learned about this, I was told that it was "instinct." ("Instinct" continues to be the explanation of choice whenever animal behavior implies too much intelligence.) Instinct, though, wouldn't go very far in explaining how pigeons use human transportation routes to navigate. Pigeons follow highways and take particular exits, likely following many of the same landmarks as the humans driving below."
Author: Jonathan Safran Foer
13. "Who gives an island as a gift? I frowned. I hadn't realized Edward's extreme generosity was a learned behavior.Bella"
Author: Stephenie Meyer
Quotes About Learned Behavior Pictures