Famous Quotes About Leaving For Awhile
Browse 20 famous quotes and sayings about Leaving For Awhile.
Top Quotes About Leaving For Awhile
1. "The whole blear worldof smoke and twisted steelaround my head in a railroadcar, and my mind wanderingpast the rust into futurity:I saw the sun go downin a carnal and primevalworld, leaving darknessto cover my railroad trainbecause the other side of theworld was waiting for dawn."
Author: Allen Ginsberg
2. "A calm warrior will always overcome an opponent fighting on pure emotion. A warrior spellbound with emotion only feels the battle, leaving himself unable to think and strategize while the red haze of fury clouds his mind."
Author: Artemas Khan
3. ". "We're both... I mean, you're more so, but we're both really fucked up emotionally. I mean, how do I know you're not still loopy from being shot full of... of...""Benzodiazepine," he said."Yes, that." Victoria's eyes met with his a moment and then looked away. "It's been awhile for me," she said at last. "I mean, I've slept with people...""So have I," he said."
Author: Benjamin R. Smith
4. "Even if you hadn't entirely deposed (and possibly killed) not one but two governments and destabilized all sorts of political regions you couldn't even pronounce, let alone draft up constitutional monarchies for, even if you'd been far more careful about leaving your toys strewn about everywhere when you tire yourself out with anarchy and run on home, I'd say you really are the lowest sort."
Author: Catherynne M. Valente
5. "You think I'm finished, so you're leaving me to be crucified by every piece of shit journalist in the fucking country."
Author: Clive Barker
6. "A mother's body against a child's body makes a place. It says you are here. Without this body against your body there is no place. I envy people who miss their mother. Or miss a place or know something called home. The absence of a body against my body created a gap, a hole, a hunger. This hunger determined my life. ... The absence of a body against my body made attachment abstract. Made my own body dislocated and unable to rest or settle. A body pressed against your body is the beginning of nest. I grew up not in a home but in a kind of free fall of anger and violence that led to a life of constant movement, of leaving and falling. It is why at one point I couldn't stop drinking and fucking. Why I needed people to touch me all the time. It had less to do with sex than location. When you press against me, or put yourself inside me. When you hold me down or lift me up, when you lie on top of me and I can feel your weight, I exist. I am here."
Author: Eve Ensler
7. "Day 72I remember oranges and you don't mind me leaving the queue momentarily to find some. When you say, Of course, you reach for my arm in sympathy and recognition. This may be the thing that breaks me today, that stops me in my tracks before driving me forward, turning a corner, making something work, letting everything happen. When I return, you're touching my yoghurts, reading the ingredients, as though you are making them yours, protecting them in my absence and amusing yourself with the cherry-ness of them. On days like this, I want to take my strangers home with me."
Author: Gemma Seltzer
8. "It's weird leaving London - you go through the fields between London and Essex and think, 'This is so beautiful - why am I living in a box?' Then there's that London thing where the centre of a roundabout is passed off as a green space. It's not a green space! It's something that's grown over, where they haven't managed to completely kill nature."
Author: Joe Thomas
9. "Perhaps all of life is no more than a long preparation for the leaving of it."
Author: John Banville
10. "My father leaving the family shaped who I was and how I looked at the world. By the same token, my father telling me fairy tales that he had made up shaped me profoundly, too."
Author: Kate DiCamillo
11. "It flopped into my leg, leaving a vile, dark smear of disgusting on my jeans. Brilliant."
Author: Kiersten White
12. "You gotta keep things moving. If leaving behind the past means you can have a better future, then, sure, why not?"
Author: Lisa Mangum
13. "Excuses are used to justify leaving the scene of truth without changing."
Author: Orrin Woodward
14. "Alexander tilted his head and kissed her deeply on the lips. He let go of her hands, and she wrapped her arms around his neck, pressing herself against him. They kissed as if in a fever... they kissed as if the breath were leaving their bodies."
Author: Paullina Simons
15. "Life changed at 40 for me, as predicted by my acting teacher when I was leaving college. I became more hirable and more interesting... I'm not sure why."
Author: Roger Bart
16. "He looks up at my approach and the second my eyes meet with his, whatever sense I had just talked myself into, packs its bags and fucks off, leaving me to the mercy of my hormones."
Author: Samantha Towle
17. "The physical stage of bonding is at its most powerful when all other forms of bonding have been achieved. If this has been done, the final petals of the flower have reached full maturity and unfold, leaving no restriction for pleasure, physical or otherwise. Having learned your partner and when to push, pull away or work together in fluid unison; having learned what enthuses and delights their senses, you are prepared to carry all of this knowledge into the sweet cadence of your unity."
Author: Shykia Bell
18. "I want to try making things right because picking up the pieces is way better than leaving them the way they are."
Author: Simone Elkeles
19. "We came together as a team, but we´re leaving as brothers."
20. "The truths of sovereign grace emboldened these men to further the cause of Christ on the earth. This fact should not surprise us, as history reveals that those who embrace these truths are granted extraordinary confidence in their God. With an enlarged vision of Him, they step forward and accomplish the work of many men, leaving a godly influence on generations to come. They arise with wings like eagles and soar over their times in history. Experientially, the doctrines of grace renew their spirits and empower them to serve God in their divinely appointed hours."
Author: Steven J. Lawson
Quotes About Leaving For Awhile Pictures