Famous Quotes About Leaving Home For The Military
Browse 18 famous quotes and sayings about Leaving Home For The Military.
Top Quotes About Leaving Home For The Military
1. "Ian, man, I didna tell ye because I didna wish to lose you too. My brother was gone, and my father. I didna mean to lose my own heart's blood as well. For you are dearer to me even than home and family, love.'She cast a lopsided smile at Jamie. 'And that's saying quite a bit."
Author: Diana Gabaldon
2. "And, you know, you try and preach to them there's more to this game than just walking up to home plate, swinging the bat, fielding a ground ball. There's some dedication in it, some love you've got to put into this work."
Author: Eddie Murray
3. "History demonstrates that previous military drawdowns invited aggression by our enemies. After World War I, America drew down forces until the U.S. Army had fewer than 100,000 men in uniform. That weakness invited Nazi aggression in Europe and the imperial Japanese attack at Pearl Harbor."
Author: Frank Gaffney
4. "And Garrison...""Yeah, Maddie?""Well," Madeline said with cheeks red as a beet, "since we're leaving tomorrow, since it's all ending,and way may not be in touch gain, or at least not often...I want to tell you...that I think you're..."Madeline suddenly stopped. She could not quite bring herself to say what she wanted to,Instead she simply stared at Garrison,Her heart aflutter and her palms sweating.In her Mind she was screaming it but her lips just wouldn't move."i think you're...too..." Garrison said with a wink."
Author: Gitty Daneshvari
5. "He rubs his nose ruefully. "We…can't take you home. Yet. We can't take you home yet. But we will. Soon, I mean. Just not yet."I stare at him for a moment in bewilderment. "That was probably the least articulate anyone in history has ever been," I finally say."
Author: Haley Fisher
6. "I think my attitude to human beings has changed since leaving prison."
Author: Jeffrey Archer
7. "Knowledge of my atrocious selfishness, settled on me. All those bitter home truths she had flung at me, right from the beginning…and still loved me; was so blind that she still loved me. One day she had said: When you love me (and she had not meant "make love to me") it's as if God forgave me for being the mess I am; and I took it as chicanery, another emotional blackmail, to make me feel essential and so give me a sense of responsibility towards her."
Author: John Fowles
8. "I'm just scared of ghosts, Pudge. And home is full of them."
Author: John Green
9. "My tastes, like my bones, fossilized decades ago. Reach a certain age and you are obliged to become an anthropologist. It's the only way to ignore that the rest of the world regards you as an artifact, that your culture has faded beyond the horizon, leaving you adrift on your tiny, solitary life raft."
Author: Julia Glass
10. "... A wet night. They are going home together under an umbrella. They stop on the door to press their wet cheeks together."
Author: Katherine Mansfield
11. "...I decided I'd changed my mind about home. Home was not Pensacola San Diego Guam or any of the other places we might have lived. In fact home wasn't any particular place at all. Home was my family. Even if they didn't get my jokes sometimes."
Author: Kimberly Willis Holt
12. "Me & my fellow fairies are running away from a huge monster that keeps destroying our home land,sobbed Farina.The monster is terribly scary,has huge jaws, creates clouds of smoke & makes loads of noise everywhere it goes."
Author: Magda M. Olchawska
13. "Kelly looked at the cop, then sighed. "What a cluster. I take it you haven't been killing young women and leaving their half-eaten bodies in the desert?"Adam was ticked. I could tell it even if he was looking like a reasonably calm businessman. Adam's temper was the reason he wasn't one of Bran's werewolf poster boys. When angered, he often gave in to impulses he wouldn't otherwise have given in to."Sorry to disappoint you," Adam told Kelly in silky tones. "But I prefer rabbits. Humans taste like pork." And then he smiled. Kelly took an involuntary step backward.Tony gave Adam a sharp look. "Let's not make things worse, if we can help it, gentlemen."
Author: Patricia Briggs
14. "The ideal of the military hero is clearly echoed in other contexts, and it includes those who routinely risk their health and lives in the line of duty, such as police officers, firefighters, and paramedics."
Author: Philip G. Zimbardo
15. "We'd walk home together in the foggy summer night and I'd tell her about sex; the good stuff, like how it could be warm and exciting--it took you away--and the not-so-good things, like how once you showed someone that part of yourself, you had to trust them one thousand percent and anything could happen. Someone you thought you knew could change and suddenly not want you, suddenly decide you made a better story than a girlfriend. Or how sometimes you might think you wanted to do it and then halfway through or afterward realize no, you just wanted the company, really; you wanted someone to choose you, and the sex part itself was like a trade-off, something you felt like you had to give to get the other part. I'd tell her that and help her decide. I'd be a friend."
Author: Sara Zarr
16. "Hendersonville is home because I live there and I work there. But when I come back to Pennsylvania and see the crowds and the landscape, it's such a rush. It just feels like home."
Author: Taylor Swift
17. "God is not someone you meet when you die. His smiling face will be the first and the most familiar to greet you on the other side of mortality. You'll recognize Him and know in your heart of hearts that you're not entering a new sphere, but returning home to the place you've always belonged."
Author: Toni Sorenson
18. "Always remember: Business is War.At the end of the day, the one with access to the best intel wins. Thisapplies as much to business and politics as it does to the military. Askevery single billionaire and military or political strategist out there.They will all confirm that as fact."
Author: Ziad K. Abdelnour
Quotes About Leaving Home For The Military Pictures