Famous Quotes About Leaving Something Good
Browse 20 famous quotes and sayings about Leaving Something Good.
Top Quotes About Leaving Something Good
1. "Lacing up and leaving the house is the hardest moment of any run. You never regret it once you are en route."
Author: Alexandra Heminsley
2. "Perhaps there can be too much making of cups of tea, I thought, as I watched Miss Statham filling the heavy teapot. Did we really need a cup of tea? I even said as much to Miss Statham and she looked at me with a hurt, almost angry look, 'Do we need tea? she echoed. 'But Miss Lathbury...' She sounded puzzled and distressed and I began to realise that my question had struck at something deep and fundamental. It was the kind of question that starts a landslide in the mind. I mumbled something about making a joke and that of course one needed tea always, at every hour of the day or night."
Author: Barbara Pym
3. "Asking someone to describe what something sounds like is like telling a blind person to guess what I look like."
Author: Chester Bennington
4. "It's never as good as it feels, and it's never as bad as it seems."
Author: Edward Zander
5. "What about the jerks who think good oral sex consists of sucking your clit so hard it feels like you're stuck to a vacuum cleaner? You're there, squirming, about to pass out from agony, slapping at him and yanking his hair to get him to stop, and what does the moron do? Thinks you're coming, redoubles his efforts, and obnoxiously grins at you."
Author: Elle Aycart
6. "No." He wouldn't lie about that. Not to her. And not because she'd rip him to pieces when she discovered the truth. "I can't give you forever."The nibbling increased in intensity, leaving a bead of blood in the center of her mouth. "Because we're not a good match?"Of course she would remember every insult he'd ever thrown at her. "Yes.""Then what can you give me?""Here. Now." Something his body craved more with every second that passed."
Author: Gena Showalter
7. "Although a security guard is ostensibly there to provide security, his actual role is to give the illusion of safety to suburban women. If someone wants to do something dangerous, a security guard is helpless to stop them. Most older security guards understand this. If you're a yuppie in a suit, you will never get stopped. If you're a bike messenger, they're on you in a heartbeat. Go stand in an office building lobby and watch if you don't believe me."
Author: Harvey Pekar
8. "For no good reason, he thought of Xhex. Xhex was a thunderstorm made up of hues of black and iron gray, power leashed but no less lethal for its control. Cormia was a sunny day cast in rainbow of brightness. He put his hand over his heart and bowed to her, then left. As he started up for his room, he wondered whether he liked the storm or the sunshine better."
Author: J.R. Ward
9. "I'd make a White Stripes record right now. I'd be in the White Stripes for the rest of my life. That band is the most challenging, important, fulfilling thing ever to happen to me. I wish it was still here. It's something I really, really miss."
Author: Jack White
10. "My mom tries to comfort me by saying that girls like Heather Campbell tend to peak early in life and then quickly fade. That's why she looks so much better than everyone now. But by the time I go to my ten-year reunion, I'll be way prettier than she is. To which I always reply with the same statement, "I don't want to be pretty in ten years. I want to be pretty now."Because what good is it to me now that I might or might not be drop-dead gorgeous when I'm twenty-seven? It's not like I can go to school every day with a big cardboard sign around my neck that says, "Trust me, in ten years, I'll look like this." And then an arrow pointing to a picture of a supermodel."
Author: Jessica Brody
11. "Seventeen years, no longer...I've been waiting for you, for those girls. You're here, I'm letting go of my shit, finally, fucking moving on from all of that, moving on to something good in my life, something to wake up and get outta bed for. I'm not leaving it cause of some hang up you have. You and me, I haven't made it easy, I'll admit that, but that's done. You gotta get over it or you're never gonna move on."
Author: Kristen Ashley
12. "There is two kinds of music, the good, and the bad. I play the good kind."
Author: Louis Armstrong
13. "Imagine a man between thirty-eight and forty, tall, slim, and pale. His clothes, except for their style, looked as if they'd escaped from the Babylonian captivity. The hat was a contemporary of one of Gessler's. Imagine now a frock coat broader than the needs of his frame--or, literally, that person's bones. The fringe had disappeared some time ago, of the eight original buttons, three were left. The brown drill trousers had two strong knee patches, while the cuffs had been chewed by the heels of boots that bore no pity or polish. About his neck the ends of a tie of two faded colors floated, gripping a week-old collar. I think he was also wearing a dark silk vest, torn in places and unbuttoned. "I'll bet you don't know me, my good Dr. Cubas," he said. "I can't recall...""I'm Borba, Quincas Borba."
Author: Machado De Assis
14. "To me, music's something I can dance to or listen to. To write about it is always more of what the music represents, or what it reflects. Like an ideal song, to me, is a song that you can dance to, that summons up some darker and greater mystery."
Author: Nick Tosches
15. "You can't force folks to have good sense, even if they're family. Maybe especially then."
Author: Patricia C. Wrede
16. "If you have not made somebody's day happier, if you've not appreciated something good that has happened to you and if you have not felt thankful to be alive, then you have wasted that day of your life on earth!"
Author: Preeti Shenoy
17. "What if I mess this up?" I murmured.Clark's hand tightened over mine. "It's not going to be perfect because no marriage is. You're going to fight, clash, say things you don't mean... When you love someone, these things can happen. But, Joss" –he dipped his head to meet my gaze– "the good you two will have together will always outweigh any bad. He smiled."And I think Braden's proved there's not much you can do to chase him off."
Author: Samantha Young
18. "I wanted to have something good to remember about today," she replied quietly. "Something that wasn't petty and mean. Sometimes you have to provide such moments yourself."
Author: Tamora Pierce
19. "In precious opals there might be a dash of red here, a seductive swirl of blue there, and in the center, perhaps, a flirtatious glance of green. But each stone flickers with a unique fire and a good opal is one with an opinion of its own."
Author: Victoria Finlay
20. "I think all happiness depends on the energy to assume the mask of some other life, on a re-birth as something not one's self."
Author: W.B. Yeats
Quotes About Leaving Something Good Pictures