Famous Quotes About Life Being Fickle
Browse 21 famous quotes and sayings about Life Being Fickle.
Top Quotes About Life Being Fickle
1. "Must being in love always mean being in pain?"
Author: Alain De Botton
2. "Truly, a life in constant pain is the life of the damned."
Author: Christopher Pike
3. "Everything I pick up seems to lure me away. Everything I do in my daily life begins to feel like striking wet matches. The need to travel is a mysterious force. A desire to 'go' runs through me equally with an intense desire to 'stay' at home. An equal and opposite thermodynamic principle. When I travel, I think of home and what it means. At home I'm dreaming of catching trains at night in the gray light of Old Europe, or pushing open shutters to see Florence awaken. The balance just slightly tips in the direction of the airport."
Author: Frances Mayes
4. ", I found the whole modern world talking scientific fatalism; saying that everything is as it must alwayshave been, being unfolded without fault from the beginning. The leaf on the tree is green because it couldnever have been anything else. Now, the fairy-tale philosopher is glad that the leaf is green precisely becauseit might have been scarlet. He feels as if it had turned green an instant before he looked at it."
Author: G.K. Chesterton
5. "It would've been easier to die. It's not that I want to be dead now. I don't. I have a lot in my life that I get satisfaction from, that I love. But some days, especially in the beginning, it was so hard. And I couldn't help but think that it would've been so much simpler to go with the rest of them. But you—you asked me to stay. You begged me to stay. You stood over me and you made a promise to me, as sacred as any vow."
Author: Gayle Forman
6. "No matter how correct a mathematical theorem may appear to be, one ought never to be satisfied that there was not something imperfect about it until it also gives the impression of being beautiful."
Author: George Boole
7. "Don't you believe it. I'll tell you what life is. It's gaol, it's not knowing where to get some money. Worms and cataract, cancer. You hear 'em shrieking from the upper windows- children being born. It's dying slowly."
Author: Graham Greene
8. "There is an intimate connection between our moral life and our intellectual life. Sometimes I think the history of our times can be described as an argument about whether or not this connection is true."
Author: James V. Schall
9. "I think i'm just breathing, that's all. And there's a difference between breathing and being alive."
Author: John Boyne
10. "I think we tend to be kind of ahistorical, and think that life as we are living it in the moment is all we know."
Author: Kurt Andersen
11. "The De Bernieres were very military. I broke the military tradition but I was terribly proud of my father being a soldier."
Author: Louis De Bernieres
12. "I would feel deeply the elegant satisfaction of being caressed by that gawky boy, and I would take his face in both my hands and kiss him hard, as if I could draw from those lips the very strength and sweetness he did not know he had."
Author: Luke Davies
13. "I'm different than another person who wants to lay back and do nothing for rest of the life and talk nonsense on ESPN... I will not do that. I want to achieve something else."
Author: Marat Safin
14. "Phaedra looked across the water and her eyes met Lucian's. Their needs came second. It came from the privilege of being trusted.But that doesn't mean I love you less."
Author: Melina Marchetta
15. "Let us live life freely, do what we want to do and don't let anyone come between us and our goals."
Author: Paballo Seipei
16. "The possible is constantly being redefined, and I care deeply about helping humanity move forward."
Author: Paul Allen
17. "... when someone sees a soul disturbed and unable to see something, he won't laugh mindlessly, but he'll take into consideration whether it has come from a brighter life and is dimmed through not having yet become accustomed to the dark or whether it has come from greater ignorance into greater light and is dazzled by the increased brillance."
18. "Mother to SonWell, son, I'll tell you:Life for me ain't been no crystal stair.It's had tacks in it,And splinters,And boards torn up,And places with no carpet on the floor -Bare.But all the timeI'se been a'climbin' on,And reachin' landin's,And turnin' corners,And sometimes goin' in the darkWhere there ain't been no light.So boy, don't you turn back.Don't you set down on the steps'Cause you finds it's kinder hard.Don't you fall now -For I'se still goin', honey,I'se still climbin',And life for me ain't been no crystal stair.- Langston Hughes (112)"
19. "I'm a mother, and my life is very full."
Author: Sheherazade Goldsmith
20. "I believe, whatever God does, he does it for the good. I always try to look at life like that."
Author: Vijender Singh
21. "Marriage is a coming together for better or for worse, hopefully enduring, and intimate to the degree of being sacred."
Author: William O. Douglas
Quotes About Life Being Fickle Pictures