Famous Quotes About Life To Live By
Browse 29 famous quotes and sayings about Life To Live By.
Top Quotes About Life To Live By
1. "As it happens, the first souvenir I bought was a dried llama fetus. Revolting as it may sound, my poor stillborn llama is actually rather cute. Frozen in the fetal position and dried stiff like beef jerky, it has the gentle, smiling face of a camel and plenty of soft, if slightly formaldehyde-scented, fur. I bought the llama fetus partly because it horrified me, but also for educational purposes, so that my eight-year-old daughter Sophia could show it to her class. (She refused.)Bolivians buy llama fetuses to ward off evil in its many guises. Bolivian miners—who, with a life expectancy of forty-five years, basically live their entire adult lives dying—look to llama fetuses for protection against dynamite explosions and the lung-destroying silicon particulates they inhale all day. Downing high-proof alcohol also helps. "The purer the alcohol, the purer the minerals I find," one miner told me wryly."
Author: Amy Chua
2. "Our emotions are different but we have them. We never cast a cold eye on life or death. Don't misunderstand our seeming serenity. After all, we live in a world of perfect trust in The Maker, and we are keenly aware that humans often do not, and we feel an active sorrow for them."
Author: Anne Rice
3. "For me life is a challenge. And it will be a challenge if I live to be 100 or if I get to be a trillionaire."
Author: Beah Richards
4. "I'll live a lush life in some small dive."
Author: Billy Strayhorn
5. "At the end, the realization is that she had to get to a place in her life where she could drop her guard and make peace with the fact that whether she had a small amount of time, that she had to kind of live it completely through, instead of living by the rules."
Author: Charlize Theron
6. "Freedom isn't just about getting to make your own choices. It's about getting to enjoy the life you're given, to live life to the fullest. That's the beauty of mortality, of what makes someone human. Time is treasured. The eternal…all they have is time."
Author: Courtney Allison Moulton
7. "[F]rom my years of understanding ... I happily chose this kind of life in which I yet live [i.e., unmarried], which I assure you for my own part hath hitherto best contented myself and I trust hath been most acceptable to God. From the which if either ambition of high estate offered to me in marriage by the pleasure and appointment of my prince ... or if the eschewing of the danger of my enemies or the avoiding of the peril of death ... could have drawn or dissuaded me from this kind of life, I had not now remained in this estate wherein you see me. But so constant have I always continued in this determination ... yet is it most true that at this day I stand free from any other meaning that either I have had in times past or have at this present."
Author: Elizabeth I Tudor
8. "If I stayLife is more than just a game.I've learnt that fun is not the sameWhen faced with such a thorny choice,I close my eyes and hear a voice…It tells me what to do and sayWhen to go and when to stay.When it's time to run away,But it won't tell me this.But still why me? I ask you why?Why must I choose to live or die?To this I can't turn a blind eye;I've done that far too much.So many reasons say 'don't go'I'd want to stay but I don't knowWhen love itself is lost from earthShould I still walk on it's soft hearth?Is there yet a space for me?Is there still someone I might be?Can I stay here on my own?Can I face the world alone?Some say dying is just a step,That life is one and this the next,But can I watch life blow away?And what will happenIf I stay?"
Author: Gayle Forman
9. "I can't act, and so I have to live that particular character in my real life and then exhibit it on screen."
Author: Hrithik Roshan
10. "Ah, life is a gate, a way, a path to Paradise anyway, why not live for fun and joy and love or some sort of girl by a fireside, why not go to your desire and LAUGH..."
Author: Jack Kerouac
11. "Clinton sighed, and gave up. All his life he had given up. He didn't know why it was like that; why a man who wanted nothing but to live honestly and industriously and usefully - who, briefly, asked only the privileges of giving and helping - had had to compromise and surrender at every turn. But that was the way it had been, and that apparently was the way it was to be."
Author: Jim Thompson
12. "Every man gives his life for what he believes ... one life is all we have to live and we live it according to what we believe."
Author: Joan Of Arc
13. "It takes life to live life"
Author: Jonathan Safran Foer
14. "We can, and must, develop dialogue and relatedness with our body because it's talking to us all the time. And please remember, your body loves you. It does everything it can to keep you alive and functioning. You can feed it garbage, and it will take it and digest it for you. You can deprive it of sleep, but still it gets you up and running next morning. You can drink too much alcohol, and it will eliminate it from your system. It loves you unconditionally and does its best to allow you to live the life you came here for. The real issue in this relationship is not whether your body loves you, but whether you love your body. In any relationship, if one partner is loving, faithful and supportive, it's easy for the other to take that person for granted. That's what most of us do with our bodies. It is time for you to shift this, and working to understand your cravings is one of the best places to begin. Then you can build a mutually loving relationship with your own body."
Author: Joshua Rosenthal
15. "You may be a virgin in body, but not in mind. I feel the heat and passion in you; there's a fury of it inside you. I felt it the moment I saw you. You're not normal. You'll never be normal. Give it up. Stop trying to fit in a world that will never accept you. Nobody can understand you the way I can. You're a Sidhe-seer. You want to spend you're whole life denying it? What you see. What you are. What you want. Sad way to live and die."
Author: Karen Marie Moning
16. "Better to live your life open rather than exist on borrowed time, waiting for the great unmasking."
Author: Kate Jacobs
17. "Muichi Motsu: "Hold nothing": If you meet Buddha, kill Buddha. If you meet the patriarchs, kill the patriarchs. Free of all, bound by nothing, you live your life simply as it is"
Author: Kazuya Minekura
18. "To abandon all is to take our hearts, place them before the One who created them, and dare to believe He can live life powerfully through our surrendered lives."
Author: Mary E. DeMuth
19. "I'm so proud that my offspring became a musician. I'm full of awe that we are able to have a whole family live the life of artists."
Author: Maxine Hong Kingston
20. "You're not a human being until you value something more than the life of your body. And the greater the thing you live and die for the greater you are."
Author: Orson Scott Card
21. "Stop thinking about life and choose to live it"
Author: Paulo Coelho
22. "I could endure the hunger. I had learned to live with hate. But to feel that there was feeling denied me, that the very breath of life itself was beyond my reach, that more than anything else hurt, wounded me. I had a new hunger."
Author: Richard Wright
23. "I've learnt that through life you just get on with it. You're going to meet a lot of dishonest people along the line and you say good luck to them. I hope they live in comfort. Then I start sticking more pins in their effigies."
Author: Roger Moore
24. "I live in New York and I love it, because it doesn't make me feel like my life is always just about acting and that world of acting. I don't have expectations."
Author: Sebastian Stan
25. "You ought to live your life with such freedom and joy that uptight Christians will doubt your salvation."
Author: Steve Brown
26. "To see something truly majestic just look within, To feel the warmth of love just hold out your hand, To laugh so much that a tear may form take a walk and to live life at it's fullest just simply step outside. To live is simply the best gift that we can receive."
Author: Taidgh Boyle
27. "What We want is to make it possible for our unfortunate people to live a life of industry for it is by steady work alone that we hope for our physical and moral rehabilitation. For this reason above all we have undertaken to rally our people around our ideal."
Author: Theodor Herzl
28. "Only those are fit to live who do not fear to die; and none are fit to die who have shrunk from the joy of life and the duty of life. Both life and death are parts of the same Great Adventure."
Author: Theodore Roosevelt
29. "My life was not meant to be an example to copy. Being my follower is not trying to 'be like Jesus,' it means for your independence to be killed. I came to give you life, real life, my life. We will come and live our life inside of you, so that you begin to see with our eyes, and hear with our ears, and touch with our hands, and think like we do."
Author: Wm. Paul Young
Quotes About Life To Live By Pictures