Famous Quotes About Link
Browse 1534 famous quotes and sayings about Link.
Top Quotes About Link
1. "Rainer Maria Rilke greeted and wrestled with the angels of his Duino Elegies in the solitude of a castle surrounded by white cliffs tall trees and the sea. I greeted most of mine in the solitude of a house that still vibrated with the throbs of a singular life that had helped shape many lives and with the ache of attempts to render useful service to that life. The River of Winged Dreams was therefore constructed as a link between dimensions of past and future emotions and intellect and matter and spirit."
2. "...we have, each of us, a story that is uniquely ours, a narrative arc that we can walk with purpose once we figure out what it is. It's the opposite to living our lives episodically, where each day is only tangentially connected to the next, where we are ourselves the only constants linking yesterday to tomorrow. There is nothing wrong with that, and I don't want to imply that there is by saying how much this shocked me -- just that it felt so suddenly, painfully right to think that I have tapped into my Long Tale, that I have set my feet on the path I want to walk the rest of my life, and that it is a path of stories and writing and that no matter how many oceans I cross or how transient I feel in any given place, I am still on my Tale's Road, because having tapped it, having found it, the following is inevitable...."
Author: Amal El Mohtar
3. "Nothing is born of nothing, least of all knowledge, modernity, or enlightened thought; progress is made in tiny surges, in successive laps, like an endless relay race. But there are links without which nothing would be passed on, and for that reason, they deserve the gratitude of all who benefited from them."
Author: Amin Maalouf
4. "A thinking mind is not swallowed up by what it comes to know. It reaches out to grasp something related to itself and to its present knowledge (and so knowable in some degree) but also separate from itself and from its present knowledge (not identical with these). In any act of thinking, the mind must reach across this space between known and unknown, linking one to the other but also keeping visible to difference. It is an erotic space."
Author: Anne Carson
5. "And God was there like an island I had not rowed to,still ignorant of Him, my arms, and my legs worked,and I grew, I grew,I wore rubies and bought tomatoesand now, in my middle age,about nineteen in the head I'd say,I am rowing, I am rowingthough the oarlocks stick and are rustyand the sea blinks and rollslike a worried eyebal,but I am rowing, I am rowing,though the wind pushes me backand I know that that island will not be perfect,it will have the flaws of life,the absurdities of the dinner table,but there will be a doorand I will open itand I will get rid of the rat insdie me,the gnawing pestilential rat.God will take it with his two handsand embrace it"
Author: Anne Sexton
6. "Phone service is back up and Devyn calls Issie, and then leaves to bring her over. Gram calls Mrs. Nix, the school secretary."She's a bear," Betty exclaims after she hangs up the phone. "I trust her."I don't even blink."
Author: Carrie Jones
7. "A gaggle of sophomore girls wavered by in their heels, en route from Bartleby's to some house party. No two of their tube tops or flouncy miniskirts were precisely alike, in cut or in color, and these slight variations made the outfits look all the more carefully orchestrated as they linked arms and passed by, pretending not to listen. Schwartz tried to comfort himself with a long look at their ten slender thighs turned pink by the cold, the good odds he'd been between four or six of those thighs on oblivious drunken nights, but it was useless, the girls looked absurd to him now, and it no longer seemed that the universe contained an endless supply of anonymous pink thighs to which he could escape from his troubles. Pella would never dress like that."
Author: Chad Harbach
8. "W-what do you want?"That flat black stare lifted to her face again. This time she felt certain it was pulling her in. "You."She blinked, pressing her thighs together in a feeble attempt to squelch the unsettling throb between them. "I don't understand.""I think you do.""You want me to take his place? I cannot—""No. I want you naked and writhing beneath me."
Author: Cherrie Lynn
9. "To become better writers we must become the best thieves and liars in the business. We slink around the pages of everyone else's work and shove it into our pockets. Then we run home and try to make it our own."
Author: Chris Stocking
10. "Engaged in a fiery dance, their bodies were linked and seperated by the flashing blades. At times they nearly touched, taut skin only a hair's breadth away, but then momentum would whirl them apart, and they would withdraw for a second, only to join again. Their sinuous forms wove together like twisting ropes of windblown smoke."
Author: Christopher Paolini
11. "To you, Christianity, Judaism, Islam, Buddhism, and Hinduism look very different, but to me they look the same. Many of you would say that something like Buddhism doesn't even belong on the list, since it doesn't link salvation to divine worship, but to me this is just a quibble. Christianity, Judaism, Islam, Buddhism, and Hinduism all perceive human beings as flawed, wounded creatures in need of salvation, and all rely fundamentally on revelations that spell out how salvation is to be attained, either by departing from this life or rising above it."
Author: Daniel Quinn
12. "Here, kitty, kitty, Chico says. The cover of his cage is still on, making his tiny clown voice slightly muffled. I feel bad for him under there, just waiting to start his evil little day...Freud walks toward Chico in his slinky fashion, sits under his cage and just stares. We have satanic pets...our pets seem to have made a pact with the devil."
Author: Deb Caletti
13. "Carmen blinked and shuddered like someone chewing a lemon ring, enduring a throat culture, challenging a habanero mano-a- mano. "Unbelievable." She spat the word out."
Author: Dennis Vickers
14. "A list is only as strong as its weakest link."
Author: Donald Knuth
15. "Lengvai lyg šokeja apejo ji aplink lova, pastate taure greta saves ant grindu ir pasiraže. Svetimos saules nurusvinta ji nesidrovejo savo nuogumo, kaip moteris, kuri ne tiktai žino, kad jos geidžia, bet ir ne karta šitai yra girdejusi."
Author: Erich Maria Remarque
16. "Bluestar blinked. "There are cats who would argue that there should never have been a fifth Clan in the forest at all. Why are there four oaks at Fourtrees, if not to stand for the four Clans?"Firestar gazed up at the massive oak trees, then back at Bluestar. Fury pure as a lighting flash rushed through his body. "Are you mouse-brained?" he snarled. "Are you telling me SkyClan had to leave because there weren't enough trees?"
Author: Erin Hunter
17. "Trust is the link that breaks the chains of fear and doubt... Oh, that I would continue to make that leap of faith, grabbing on to the link that binds me to Him breaking those other chains!"
Author: Evinda Lepins
18. "Men are just men - it is what they do, or refuse to do, that links them to good and evil. The truth is that an instant of real love, in the heart of anyone - the noblest man alive or the most wicked - has the whole purpose and process and meaning of life within the lotus-folds of its passion."
Author: Gregory David Roberts
19. "Certainly, the terror of a deserted house swells in geometrical rather than arithmetical progression as houses multiply to form a city of stark desolation. The sight of such endless avenues of fishy-eyed vacancy and death, and the thought of such linked infinities of black, brooding compartments given over to cob-webs and memories and the conqueror worm, start up vestigial fears and aversions that not even the stoutest philosophy can disperse."
Author: H.P. Lovecraft
20. "The Brother was staring straight ahead and not blinking. "Have we stopped moving?" he said hoarsely."
Author: J.R. Ward
21. "The Holy Spirit alone can do this, the Holy Spirit alone can establish this link with one's neighbor."
Author: Jacques Ellul
22. "You're kind of dirty, Kitten."I blinked. Deny. Deny. Deny. "What did you say?"
Author: Jennifer L. Armentrout
23. "I'm Chase." he said."Kind of an ironic name for a werewolf." The observation slipped easily off my tongue. The boy didn't blink. In fact, I was beginning to doubt that he'd blink once since I'd come into the room. "Werewolves do a lot of chasing." I explained."And your name is Chase. Hee."
Author: Jennifer Lynn Barnes
24. "Put some clothes on, you weird, yellow-eyed, table-dancing, werewolf-training, cryptic, stare-me-right-in-the-eyes-and-don't-even-blink wench."
Author: Jim Butcher
25. "It's not difficult in South Africa for the ordinary person to see the link between capitalism and racist exploitation, and when one sees the link one immediately thinks in terms of a socialist alternative."
Author: Joe Slovo
26. "The modern hero is a person who does something everyone thinks they could do if they were a little stronger, a little faster, a little smarter, or a little more generous. Heroes in ancient times were the link between men and perfect beings, gods. Heroes in modern times are the link between man as he is and man as he could be."
Author: John Edwards
27. "I just -- I know my own heart and I love you, Turner. And if you have even the tiniest shred of decency, you'll say something because I've said everything I possibly can, and I can't bear the silence, and -- oh for heaven's sake! Will you at least blink?"He couldn't even manage that."
Author: Julia Quinn
28. "Whitney smacked Coop's snout while simultaneously pressing herself deeper into the couch. Coop fixed her with an unblinking ice-blue stare, gray-brown fur bristling along his spine. "Tory!" Whitney squealed. "He's going to attack!""Maybe." I walked into the kitchen and snagged a Diet Coke from the fridge. "Try to protect your throat."
Author: Kathy Reichs
29. "I won't let you go." I blink. As if he could stop me. "You won't let me go." "No, I won't let you go. You're mine and I don't lose."
Author: Katie McGarry
30. "Your eyes,' Asha grunted as he looked at him briefly. 'Turn them off.' He clicked his fingers and Blitzen's eyes blinked and when they opened only the whites of his eyes were visible, all he could see was darkness."
Author: Keisha Keenleyside
31. "Is the sex good?" … "I hope it's good but not great," Krystal remarked. "Sex slave to an alpha. Bad news."This time my head didn't jerk. I blinked again."I'm a sex slave to an alpha and I have no complaints," Lauren muttered, grinning at Zara."Me either," Zara replied, grinning back."I've had mine longer than all of you," Nina announced. "And I'm of a mind that there will never be a time to complain."
Author: Kristen Ashley
32. "Then I said, "Matt's got a big mouth.""They all got big mouths, girl, learn that quick. These boys talk more than a pack of women. I lost fifty bucks on you."I was stunned speechless again, this time it didn't last as long."What?""See, Lee nailed Indy the first night they were together. Not nailed her nailed her but she was in his bed. Eddie, with Jet, it took a few days. Hank and Roxie, like, a day. Vance, like three, but Jules was a virgin and he had to interrupt the festivities once to go out and shoot someone."I was blinking rapidly and feeling kind of faint at the amount and sensitivity of information Shirleen was imparting, not to mention what it might mean to me."So we had a pool. Everyone threw down money on when they thought Luke would nail you. Mace won five hundred dollars."Ho-ly crap."So," she went on. "Did he nail you nail you or did you two just sleep?"For some reason, I answered her unbelievably nosy question. "We just slept.""New pool!" she shouted."
Author: Kristen Ashley
33. "I'm so jealous," she whispered, and he blinked."Of what?"Her head fell back on the pillow, and she stared up at the ceiling with the saddest eyes he'd ever seen."You're so alive, Lore. There's fire in you. A will to live, when all I want is to be done with this life."
Author: Larissa Ione
34. "How ya doing?" Gabby's face came into view, and she grinned down at me. She'd stopped doing her healing thing, and the pain rushed in."I'm just peachy," I quipped, throat scratchy. "Only hurts when I breathe or blink or exist, if I'm being honest."
Author: Laura Kreitzer
35. "Since the first human eye saw a leaf in Devonian sandstone and a puzzled fingerreached to touch it, sadness has lain over the heart of man. By this tenuousthread of living protoplasm, stretching backward into time, we are linked forever to lost beaches whose sands have long since hardened into stone. The stars that caught our blindamphibian stare have shifted far or vanished in their courses, but still that naked, glistening thread winds onward. No one knows the secret of its beginning or its end. Itsforms are phantoms. The thread alone is real; the thread is life."
Author: Loren Eiseley
36. "I expect to see the coming decades transform the planet into an art form; the new man, linked in a cosmic harmony that transcends time and space, will sensuously caress and mold and pattern every facet of the terrestrial artifact as if it were a work of art, and man himself will become an organic art form. There is a long road ahead, and the stars are only way stations, but we have begun the journey. To be born in this age is a precious gift, and I regret the prospect of my own death only because I will leave so many pages of man's destiny — if you will excuse the Gutenbergian image — tantalizingly unread. But perhaps, as I've tried to demonstrate in my examination of the postliterate culture, the story begins only when the book closes."
Author: Marshall McLuhan
37. "She bit her lower lip hard and blinked her eyes. There was such wistfulness and longing in his voice. Oh, she was going to give him back his eyes, or the next best thing, if it took her the rest of her life to do it."
Author: Mary Balogh
38. "Appreciate it." David headed toward the door, paused. "Listen, would you let me know if shegets… if she starts to get a crush on you. It's probably normal, but I'd like to head it off if it veers thatway.""It's not like that. I think I'm more big brother, maybe uncle material. But your boy's got achampion crush on Sophie."David stared. Blinked. Then rubbed his hands over his face. "Missed that one. I thought it cameand went the first week. Hell.""She can handle it. Nothing she does better than handle the male of the species. She won't bruisehim.""He manages to bruise himself." He thought of Pilar, and winced"
Author: Nora Roberts
39. "Apparently she was beyond words so she pushed the card into his hands. He looked down. Blinked. Blinked again before stumbling back into a chair. Did he just wet himself? Ah, who cared? He was holding four tickets to the Yankees vs. Red Sox at Yankee Stadium for this Friday and they were without a doubt the best seats in the stadium.His eyes shifted from Haley to the tickets and back again before he made a split second decision and made a run for it. He didn't make it five feet before his little grasshopper tackled him to the ground and ripped the card from his hands.He spit grass out of his mouth. "Fine. You can come with me I guess," he said, earning a knee to the ribs."
Author: R.L. Mathewson
40. "He sighed heavily. "You pissed me off."Well, that was totally unexpected....sort of."Hey, I said I was sorry about hitting Mitch with that sword. How was I supposed to know the thing would leave a welt?" she said defensively."That's not what I'm talking about. That didn't bother me.""Is it because I kicked your ass at skee ball?""No! And that game is rigged anyway so it doesn't count.""Riigghhht," she said, drawing out the word. She thought over the rest of the night and couldn't figure out what she'd done. "Okay, you're gonna have to help me out here because I'm drawing a blank.""I'm pissed because all those men hit on you and not once did you tell any of them to f*ck off because you had a boyfriend!" he yelled.Her face went expressionless. She blinked once and then again. Then she burst into uncontrollable laughter."
Author: R.L. Mathewson
41. "The reason the social-networking phenomenon is something that I invested in early and massively - I led the Series A financing for Friendster; I founded a company called Socialnet in 1997; I founded LinkedIn; and I was part of the first round of financing in Facebook - it sounds trivial, but people matter."
Author: Reid Hoffman
42. "I blinked the sleep out of my eyes and realized my head was in Khufu's lap. The baboon was foraging my scalp for munchies."Dude." I sat up groggily. "Not cool.""But he gave you a lovely hairdo," Sadie said."Agh-agh!" Khufu agreed."
Author: Rick Riordan
43. "If faith is what you have to go on, if faith is the link between your beliefs and the world at large, your beliefs are very likely to be wrong. Beliefs can be right or wrong. If you believe you can fly, that belief is only true if indeed you can fly. Somebody who thinks he can fly, and is wrong about it, will eventually discover there's a problem with his view of the world."
Author: Sam Harris
44. "A concerted effort to preserve our heritage is a vital link to our cultural, educational, aesthetic, inspirational, and economic legacies - all of the things that quite literally make us who we are."
Author: Steve Berry
45. "And oh, Claudia, Claudilla, ask me to do something -something that I can do. Do not ask me to forget you or to be indifferent to you. Do not ask me to have no interest in how you pass your time. But if we are separated, set me a task, something that will be a daily link with you."
Author: Thornton Wilder
46. "It's American Alternative radio stations that bug me. We're considered Alternative, but don't expect us to be played next to Blink 182 and Offspring. We're hardly of that generation."
Author: Thurston Moore
47. "The town could not talk, and would not listen. "How'd you like to hear about the war?" he might have asked, but the place could only blink and shrug. It had no memory, therefore no guilt. The taxes got paid and the votes got counted and the agencies of government did their work briskly and politely. It was a brisk, polite town. It did not know shit about shit, and did not care to know."
Author: Tim O'Brien
48. "There is evidence that the honoree [Leonard Cohen] might be privy to the secret of the universe, which, in case you're wondering, is simply this: Everything is connected. Everything. Many, if not most, of the links are difficult to determine. The instrument, the apparatus, the focused ray that can uncover and illuminate those connections is language."
Author: Tom Robbins
49. "It is a mistake to look too far ahead. Only one link in the chain of destiny can be handled at a time."
Author: Winston Churchill
50. "Reddit strives to be a community-oriented link-sharing and news site, which means that all our content is submitted and voted on by members of our community. We don't interfere with that process at all, either in an editorial or curation capacity."
Author: Yishan Wong
Quotes About Link Pictures