Famous Quotes About Living The Country Life
Browse 27 famous quotes and sayings about Living The Country Life.
Top Quotes About Living The Country Life
1. "He learned through the way that my father and I felt about his songs, his country songs, that they were great songs. And then he went out and sang them for the audiences that we found, and he found a tremendous reaction to that."
Author: Alan Lomax
2. "I see what happens when one gets very attached to material things. That's just not what my life is."
Author: Alicia Keys
3. "I wanted to do a movie about being really good at something, yet being socially awkward and not as advanced in your personal life as you are in your creative life."
Author: Alicia Witt
4. "I wouldn't wish now to digress into the philosophy of the relationship between life and logic ,but we shall agree that it was a good thing we were not wholly logical.For if we had been ,we would have surrendered at the end of April or the beginning of May 1992.The entire logic of the world was against us at that time.And now we have these illogical people who say: we have no food,we have no bullets ,but we'll fight and win.what is one to do with them? They are good,courageous people."
Author: Alija Izetbegovic
5. "Risk and life are the two parts of a coin if u choose one u definitly have to accept the another"
Author: Anamika Paliwal
6. "I travel all over the country making speeches for people I believe in."
Author: Ann Richards
7. "If you keep silent, keep silent by love: if you speak, speak by love; if you correct, correct by love; if you pardon, pardon by love; let love be rooted in you, and from the root nothing but good can grow.Love and do what you will.Love endures in adversity, is moderate in prosperity; brave under harsh sufferings, cheerful in good works; utterly reliable in temptation, utterly open-handed in hospitality; as happy as can be among true brothers and sisters, as patient as you can get among the false one's. The soul of the scriptures, the force of prophecy, the saving power of the sacraments, the fruit of faith, the wealth of the poor, the life of the dying.Love is all."
Author: Augustine Of Hippo
8. "What is this thing you call substance abuse? All I wanna do is forget and get loose.Drinking and smoking over and overWhat's so great about a life that's sober?There's nothing cool about being youngWhen the monsters of night have stolen the sun.I'm tired of searching for words in the sky.All I wanna do is drink and die. Nothing is real. It's all a big lie. All I wanna do is drink and die. There's nothing cool about being youngWhen the monsters of night have stolen the sun."
Author: Benjamin Alire Sáenz
9. "I take it, then, Vijay, you are still a virgin?'Yes, and I find it extremely galling. When Gandhi was my age he had already been married three years.'No wonder Gandhi turned out to be a great man. When you get your love life nailed down that early, think of all the time it frees up to devote to Great Ideas."
Author: C.D. Payne
10. "A man should stand tall when walking thur life but never look down on those he passes."
Author: Charles L. Kahey Jr.
11. "There was three or four years of my life where I hated myself and you know, would have quite happily ended it."
Author: Daniel Johns
12. "Here are some passing thoughts. Imagine looking up at the moon and seeing it burning. Imagine seeing the grocery store's checkout girl grow horns. Imagine growing younger instead of older. Imagine feeling more powerful and more capable of falling in love with life every new day instead of being scared and sick and not knowing whether to stay under a sheet or venture forth into the cold."
Author: Douglas Coupland
13. "Debt can be the most addictive thing in the universe, and it can kill you. You get used to living high off the hog. It was intoxicating."
Author: Harvey Weinstein
14. "Mere longevity is a good thing for those who watch Life from the side lines. For those who play the game, an hour may be a year, a single day's work an achievement for eternity."
Author: Helen Hayes
15. "Tell me what it is that you are hiding behind your eyes.Tell me of the pain, so I can make it go away.Tell me what it is that you are missing in your life.I want to be the angel who takes care of your soul.Finally I'm alive in your love. There is so much tenderness in your heart.There is so much spirit in your smile.But it is your innocence mixed with mischievousness that I love.I am with you to protect you for the rest of my life.Finally I'm alive in your love. Do not let anything dilute your smile ever again.To see you happy I would do anything, mi amor. You are the woman that I dream of late into the night.It is because of your smile that my life has meaning once again.Finally I'm alive in your love.And every day my love grows stronger for you.And the sadness that I once carried is forever gone.I thank destiny and God for putting you in my life.Since you came into my world, my dreams have all woken up. Finally I'm alive in your love."
Author: José N. Harris
16. "There are two visions of America a half century from now. One is of a society more divided between the haves and the have-nots, a country in which the rich live in gated communities, send their children to expensive schools, and have access to first-rate medical care. Meanwhile, the rest live in a world marked by insecurity, at best mediocre education, and in effect rationed health care?they hope and pray they don't get seriously sick. At the bottom are millions of young people alienated and without hope. I have seen that picture in many developing countries; economists have given it a name, a dual economy, two societies living side by side, but hardly knowing each other, hardly imagining what life is like for the other. Whether we will fall to the depths of some countries, where the gates grow higher and the societies split farther and farther apart, I do not know. It is, however, the nightmare towards which we are slowly marching."
Author: Joseph E. Stiglitz
17. "In life I Have learned a lot of things, One of the main things I learned is that If you waste your time with problem women you will end up with nothing but women problems"
Author: Kenny D. Eichenberg
18. "I do think that the modern India does belong to writers who are living in India."
Author: Kiran Desai
19. "Unk had no way of judging the quality of the information contained in the letter. He accepted it all hungrily, uncritically. And, in accepting it, Unk gained an understanding of life that was identical with the writer's understanding of life. Unk wolfed down a philosophy."
Author: Kurt Vonnegut
20. "Do I like living with Daniel's family? No. Would I ever tell him that? No. I know I'm all about honesty and saying what I think, but sometimes people are more important than the truth."
Author: Linda Gerber
21. "He has this connection… a pull of sorts, unearthing the very life of me and sucking me in to his own soul. -Morgan"
Author: Melisa M. Hamling
22. "If we think the main mission of the church is to improve life in Adam and add a little moral strength to this fading evil age, we have not yet understood the radical condition for which Christ is such a radical solution."
Author: Michael S. Horton
23. "It doth not hurt", whispered a faint voice, "She will take you life and all you are and all you care'st for, and she will leave you with nothing but mist and fog. She'll take your joy. And one day you'll wake and your heart and soul will have gone. A husk you'll be, a wisp you'll be, and a thing no more than a dream on waking, or a memory of something forgotten."
Author: Neil Gaiman
24. "He meant the Kingdom was over, the Kingdom of Heaven, it was all finished. We shouldn't live as if it mattered more than this life in this world, because where we are is always the most important place.... We have to be all those difficult things like cheerful and kind and curious and patient, and we've got to study and think and work hard, all of us, in all our different world, and then we'll build... The Republic of Heaven."
Author: Philip Pullman
25. "I think of myth and magic as the hieroglyphics of the human psyche. They are a special language that circumvents conscious thought and goes straight to the subconscious. Non-fiction uses the medium of information. It tells us what we need to know. Science fiction primarily uses the medium of physics and mathematics. It tells us how things work, or could work. Horror taps into the darker imagery of the psychology, telling us what we should fear. Fantasy, magic and myth, however, tap into the spiritual potential of the human life. Their medium is symbolism, truth made manifest in word pictures, and they tell us what things mean on a deep, internal level. I have always been a meaning-maker. I have always been someone who strives to make sense of everything and perhaps that is where my life as a storyteller first began. Life doesn't always make sense, but story must. And so I write stories, and the world comes right again."
Author: Ripley Patton
26. "Initially, I feel expansive when I try something new, and then contract as soon as I encounter difficulty or the unknown. I am learning to experiment with my tolerance of difficulty and the not knowing, in order to go further with my creative dreams.Whenever I experience contraction, I explore it by asking, "Where did I stop and why?" Building a creative dream life is not just about achieving, succeeding, or "meeting goals." It is also about floundering, stumbling, tripping and failing."
27. "Time passes, day by day. The greatness of this country lies in the inexorable journey it has taken through time. Time is like an enormous pot, into which all ugliness and beauty are thrown, all happiness and grief, all life and all death.Cycle follows cycle, living life and dying death. Only the great River rolls on, unending."
Author: Yo Yo
Quotes About Living The Country Life Pictures