Famous Quotes About Looking In Her Eyes
Browse 29 famous quotes and sayings about Looking In Her Eyes.
Top Quotes About Looking In Her Eyes
1. "But maybe my expression isn't as bad as I think it is. Maybe Galen's just really good at reading me. Or maybe he's just being overly mushy himself. He is a tad protective, after all. I glance at Toraf, who's sitting on the other full-size bed next to Rayna. And Toraf is already looking at me. When our eyes meet, he shakes his head ever so slightly. As if to say, "Don't do it." As if to say, "You really don't want to do it." As if to say, "I know you really want to do it, but I'm asking you not to. As a friend."I huff, then adjust myself in Galen's death grip. It's not fair that Galen and Toraf silently ask me to accept this. That my mother is putty in Grom's proficient hands. That her temperature barely raised a degree around my dad, yet Grom, within an hour of reunion, has her titanium exterior dissolving like Alka-Seltzer in hot water. I can't accept it. Won't. Will. Not."
Author: Anna Banks
2. "Because she looks to the sky so often, people think that her life is sweet, that her eyes are dotted with dreamy stars. But quite the opposite is true and I wish they could see— she looks up so much because all around her it's hard to see without breaking her heart. She once saw in a movie a window sign that said "We're all in the gutter; but some of us are looking at the stars." From that movie onwards, she decided to look up! Doesn't mean her life is sweet, doesn't mean her eyes are dotted with dreamy stars."
Author: C. JoyBell C.
3. "Dear God," said Will, looking from Charlotte to Nate and back again. "Is there anything that makes women sillier than the sight of a wounded young man?"Tessa slitted her eyes at him. "You might want to clean the rest of the blood of your face before you continue arguing in that vein."Will threw his arms up in the air and stalked off. Charlotte looked at Tessa, a half smile curving the side of her mouth. "I must say, I rather like the way you manage Will."Tessa shook her head. "No one manages Will."
Author: Cassandra Clare
4. "I believed, from the solitary and thoughtful way in which my mother murmured her song, that she was alone. And I went softly into the room. She was sitting by the fire, suckling an infant, whose tiny hand she held against her neck. Her eyes were looking down upon its face, and she sat singing to it. I was so far right, that she had no other companion. I spoke to her, and she started, and cried out. But seeing me, she called me her dear Davy, her own boy! and coming half across the room to meet me, kneeled down upon the ground and kissed me, and laid my head down on her bosom near the little creature that was nestling there, and put its hand up to my lips. I wish I had died. I wish I had died then, with that feeling in my Heart! I should have been more fit for Heaven than I ever have been since."
Author: Charles Dickens
5. "Dorothy's coming up. I think she's tight.""That's great." I picked up my bathrobe. "I was afraid I was going to have to get some sleep."She was bending over looking for her slippers. "Don't be such an old fluff. You can sleep all day." She found her slippers and stood up in them. "Is she really as afraid of her mother as she says?""If she's got any sense. Mimi's poison."Nora screwed up her dark eyes at me and asked slowly: "What are you holding out on me?""Oh, dear," I said, " I was hoping I wouldn't have to tell you. Dorothy is really my daughter. I didn't know what I was doing, Nora. It was spring in Venice and I was so young and there was a moon over the...""Be funny. Don't you want something to eat?"
Author: Dashiell Hammett
6. "Celia." he says without looking up at her, "why do we wind our watch?""Because everything requires energy," she recites obediently, eyes still focused on her hand. "We must put effort and energy into anything we wish to change."
Author: Erin Morgenstern
7. "She was looking into my eyes with that way she had of looking that made you wonder whether she really saw out of her own eyes. They would look on and on after every one else's eyes in the world would have stopped looking. She looked as though there were nothing on earth she would not look at like that, and really she was afraid of so many things."
Author: Ernest Hemingway
8. "Lacking strength beauty hates the understanding for asking of her what it cannot do but the life of spirit is not the life that shrinks from death and keeps itself untouched by devastation, but rather the life that endures it and maintains itself in it. It wins its truth only when, in utter dismemberment, it finds itself. It is this power, not as something positive, which closes its eyes to the negative as when we say of something that it is nothing or is false, and then having done with it, turn away and pass on to something else; on the contrary, spirit is this power only by looking the negative in the face, and tarrying with it. This tarrying with the negative is the magical power that converts it into being."
Author: Georg Wilhelm Friedrich Hegel
9. "Okay, what in Hades just happened? Stones don't glow blue or any other color and they certainly don't burn circles on you."The stone wasn't talking.Alexandra considered herself well grounded, yet here she stood, talking to a stone that glowed, burned circles, and refused to answer.A thread of sensation pricked at the edges of her mind, then grew stronger. It mirrored an idea then became clear. Tell no one.What? Looking from side to side, she backed against the wall. Although it felt like someone whispered in her ear, she stood there alone. The day's trauma must have pushed her over the edge, yet the sensation persisted.Tell no one.She froze. Her eyes darted around the room. The muscles in her legs tightened as she prepared to bolt from the room.Alexandra swallowed and licked her lips. "Who would believe me anyway?" she whispered."
Author: H.H. Laura
10. "Is it because she's a challenge to you?" she asked, not looking away. "Because if you're going out with her because she's not easy, I swear to God, I will cut you." I burst into laughter. "Cut me?" Her eyes narrowed. "I'm not joking."
Author: J. Lynn
11. "Travis is a fucking wreck! He won't talk to us, he's trashed the apartment, threw the stereo across the room…Shep can't talk any sense into him!""He took a swing at Shep when he found out we helped you leave. Abby! Please tell me!" she pleaded, her eyes glossing over. "It's scaring me!""It's something else, Abby. He's gone fucking nuts! I heard him call your name, and then he stomped all over the apartment looking for you. He barged into Shep's room, demanding to know where you were. Then he tried to call you. Over, and over and over," she sighed. "His face was…Jesus, Abby. I've never seen him like that.was…Jesus, Abby. I've never seen him like that."
Author: Jamie McGuire
12. "Even now I'll see her looking at him, her eyes milky yet full of longing, and all he ever gives her is a gentle, absent nod. Perhaps this is the nature of true deprivation - a lifetime of love, tenderly spurned."
Author: Jane Avrich
13. "She had no idea how long they kissed—and kissed—but she didn't think about stopping until she ran out of air. Breathing hard, she slowly opened her eyes and stared directly into his.They'd heated. Darkened. And something else. He wasn't looking so relaxed now. In fact, he was looking the opposite of relaxed. He looked…feral.And she was his prey."
Author: Jill Shalvis
14. "Wait, so you do love me?" I asked, hope welling in my heart.She growled and pounded her fist into a locker, leaving a fist-shaped dent. "Stop it, Justin. Stop it!"I grabbed her shoulders. "Look at me and tell me you don't love me," I said. "Do it and I'll never bother you again.""I don't love you," she mumbled."Look at me when you say it!"She turned to me, her eyes hard but dull and faded. "I don't love you."I let her go. My heart turned to lead, the heavy lump sagging in my chest. "Well, if there are agents out there looking to kill me, I guess it would be a mercy."I turned to leave. Her hand gripped my shoulder."Please listen to me, Justin."I pushed her hand away but didn't turn to face her. I couldn't let her see the tears welling in my eyes. "Why? What does it matter?""It just does. I—I don't want to see you hurt."I took a deep shuddering breath. "You're not doing a very good job of it." I walked away and left her standing there."
Author: John Corwin
15. "Get it off," she said, jerking their bound wrists up and holding them up under his nose."I thought perhaps we might at least introduce ourselves," he said lightly."Get it off!""What shall I call you?" he asked as he pulled her to the table and removed the silver dome on the platter. Mutton stew, by the smell of it. Not a single knife to be had. "Lover?""Rest assured you'll never need to call me anything at all!" she said with admirable conviction."You may reduce your rancor and save it for when you might need it," he said calmly. "I am as enchanted by this arrangement as you are. May I remove your brooch?""Pardon?""Your brooch," he said, looking at the small gold ring-shaped brooch that held her shawl on her shoulder.Her eyes narrowed.Jack knew that look and gestured to their wrists. "Rein in your thoughts, lass. I need something to get it off."
Author: Julia London
16. "I'll talk to him before I go," Carlos grumbled."And what about the girls?" Toni asked. "They need you, Carlos.""They need a mother!" Carlos yelled. "And I need a mate."Caitlyn gasped. Hes was looking for a mate? What kind of mate? His gaze shifted towards her, and his eyes glittered with a hard, angry look."You--what?" Toni stepped back, apparently stunned."You heard me," Carlos growled."Ye want to get married?" the Scotsman asked."Don't look so shocked, Ian. Didn't want you want to get married?""Aye, but--""You can't get married," Toni declared. "You're gay."Caitlyn snorted. Were they crazy?Carlos glared at her in the shadows, then shifted his gaze to Toni. "I never said I was gay.""Of course you're gay," she insisted. "I saw you dance the samba in a hot pink sequined thong."Carlos shrugged. "So? You said I was very sexy. You were practically drooling."Ian stiffened. "When was this?""Before I met you," Toni muttered."
Author: Kerrelyn Sparks
17. "She was still looking down and she saw tears spill from her eyes and fall toward Damon's outstretched arms. Elena didn't know why she was crying, but part of it was sorrow for her ever having doubted him.Because Damon wasn't just on her side. Unless she was wrong, he was willing to die for her - was courting death for her."
Author: L.J. Smith
18. "Bonnie who had never hurt a - a harmless thing for malice. Bonnie who was like a kitten making airy pounces at no prey at all. Bonnie with her hair that was called something strawberry but that looked simply as if it was on fire. Bonnie of the translucent skin with the delicate violet fjords and estuaries of veins all over her throat and inner arms. Bonnie who had lately taken to looking at him sideways with her large childlike eyes big and brown under lashes like stars..."
Author: L.J. Smith
19. "He's not-" Daniel started to say. He watched a red-tailed hawk land in an oak tree over their heads. "He's not good enough for you."Luce had heard people say that line a thousand times before. It was what everyone always said. Not good enough. But when the words passed Daniel's lips, they sounded important, even somehow true and relevant, not vague and dismissive the way the phrase had always sounded to her in the past."Well, then," she said in a quiet voice, "who is?"Daniel put his hands on his hips. He laughed to himself for a long time. "I don't know," he said finally. "That's a terrific question."Not exactly the answer Luce was looking for. "It's not like it's that hard," she said, stuffing her hands into her pockets because she wanted to reach out for him. "To be good enough for me."Daniel's eyes looked like they were falling, all the violet that had been in them a moment before turned a deep, dark gray. "Yes," he said. "Yes, it is."
Author: Lauren Kate
20. "Bravery is looking into her eyes without shivering and compromising."
Author: M.F. Moonzajer
21. "I didn't mean to tell you," Mrs. Whatsit faltered. "I didn't mean ever to let you know. But oh, my dears, I did so love being a star!" "Yyouu are sstill verry yyoungg," Mrs Witch said, her voice faintly chiding. The Medium sat looking happily at the star-filled sky in her ball, smiling, and nodding and chuckling gently. But Meg noticed that her eyes were drooping, and suddenly her head fell forward and she gave a faint snore."Poor thing," Mrs Whatsit said, "we've worn her out. It's very hard work for her."
Author: Madeleine L'Engle
22. "You may stay. But Jessica, please watch what you say and do. Don't look them in the eyes for long. Speak only when spoken to. Yes, sir; yes, ma'am.""Sit up. Arf," I teased."What about her?" Jessica cried, pointing in my general direction. "She's more in need of an etiquette lesson than I am.""Yeah," I said, "but I'm the Queen. With a capital fucking Q. Hey, you're looking me in the eyes for too long! Eric, make her stop!"
Author: MaryJanice Davidson
23. "Now tell me the truth," he said. "Why are you doing this?" She cringe from him. "I told you why." "I know you still love me." He smiled. "I can see it in your face." Mimi sneered. "We are with Lucifer now; we have always been false." "I don't believe it for one second," Kingsley whispered, looking into her eyes tenderly."
Author: Melissa De La Cruz
24. "And you know,you really have made your point with Aaron and Mia. You don't have to keep him around to keep hanging out with the royals.""Why do I keep getting the feeling you don't like him anymore?""I like him okay—which is about as much as you like him. And I don't think you should get hot and sweaty with people you only like 'okay'."Lissa widened her eyes in pretend astonishment. "Is this Rose Hathaway talking? Have you reformed? Or do you have someone you like 'more than okay'?""Hey" I said uncomfortably, "I'm just looking out for you.That, and I never noticed how boring Aaron is before."She scoffed. "You think everyone's boring.""Christian isn't."
Author: Richelle Mead
25. "I mustered all my strength, drew back, and swung.The sword's blade hit the side of her neck, hard and deep. She gave a horrible, sickening cry, a shriek that made my skin crawl. She tried to move toward me. I pulled back and hit again. Her hands clutched at her throat, and her knees gave way. I struck and struck, the sword digging in deeper into her neck each time. Cutting off someone's head was harder than I thought it would be. The old, dull sword probably wasn't helping.But finally, I gained enough sense to realize she wasn't moving. Her head lay there, detached from her body, her dead eyes looking up at me as though she couldn't believe what had happened. That made two of us."
Author: Richelle Mead
26. "Lalie had helped her undress, down to her sheer silk shift, and Marisa had removed even that, feeling stifled by the moist heat and the netting over her bed. She slept, but there were strange dreams hovering on the edge of her unconsciousness. She dreamed that Inez came back from the city with a stocky, red-faced man with a sheaf of papers in his hand, and that while they stood looking down at her and talking about her she tried to move and protest, but she was caught in the netting that stopped up her eyes and her mouth. The netting turned into a sea of sand under which she was buried. And somewhere above her, booted feet astride her face, she knew that Dominic stood scowling, as she remembered him last."
Author: Rosemary Rogers
27. "My breathing slowed. I shaded her thick chestnut hair resting in a smooth curve against her face, a large bruise blazing across her cheek. I paused, looking over my shoulder to make certain I was alone. I drew her eye makeup, smudged by tears. In her watery eyes I drew the reflection of the commander, standing in front of her, his fist clenched. I continued to sketch, exhaled, and shook out my hands."
Author: Ruta Sepetys
28. "From her vantage point, looking up at [Ian] through the water-spotted and slightly blurry lenses of her glasses, he was quite literally larger than life. Right at that moment, with his hands up on his head, his muscular chest bare, and his boxer shorts clinging to him in a most revealing way, water matting the hair on his chest and his legs and his eyelashes, he was ridiculously attractive. Even with his more conventionally handsome brother standing next to him.Of course the fact that Aaron was looking down at her with unconcealed dislike in his pretty hazel eyes might've had something to with it, as if she weren't a person but instead a pile of excrement left on his pool deck by a wart-covered troll with an intestinal ailment."
Author: Suzanne Brockmann
29. "... no one could say, looking at her lined, pale and puffy face, the shapeless garish sack she had double-pinned around her, or the misfocusing eyes and slack wet mouth, that she had led the right life, and she knew it, not even with Freud's fist could she repress that..."
Author: William H. Gass
Quotes About Looking In Her Eyes Pictures