Famous Quotes About Losing A Close Friendship
Browse 23 famous quotes and sayings about Losing A Close Friendship.
Top Quotes About Losing A Close Friendship
1. "I think that is why we stay close to our families, no matter how neurotic the members, how deeply annoying or dull- because when people have seen you at your worst, you don't have to put on the mask as much."
Author: Anne Lamott
2. "Black women sharing close ties with each other, politically or emotionally, are not the enemies of Black men."
Author: Audre Lorde
3. "In each of my friends there is something that only some other friend can fully bring out. By myself I am not large enough to call the whole man into activity; I want other lights than my own to show all his facets... Hence true Friendship is the least jealous of loves. Two friends delight to be joined by a third, and three by a fourth, if only the newcomer is qualified to become a real friend. They can then say, as the blessed souls say in Dante, "Here comes one who will augment our loves." For in this love "to divide is not to take away."
Author: C.S. Lewis
4. "Books loved anyone who opened them, they gave you secruity and friendship and didn't ask for anything in return; they never went away, never, not even when you treated them badly."
Author: Cornelia Funke
5. "When Ted Williams was here, inducted into the Hall of Fame 37 years ago, he said he must have earned it, because he didn't win it because of his friendship with the writers. I guess in that way, I'm proud to be in this company that way."
Author: Eddie Murray
6. "Reba is very, very close to everyone around her. She's a classy lady."
Author: Faith Hill
7. "Dad himself used to tell a story about one time when Mother went off to fill a lecture engagement and left him in charge at home. When Mother returned, she asked him if everything had run smoothly.Didn't have any trouble except with that one over there,' he replied. 'But a spanking brought him into line.'Mother could handle any crisis without losing her composure.That's not one of ours, dear,' she said. 'He belongs next door."
Author: Frank B. Gilbreth Jr.
8. "Love is blind. Friendship closes its eyes."
Author: Friedrich Nietzsche
9. "That the Sadian fantasy situates itself better in the bearers of Christian ethics than elsewhere is what our structural landmarks allow us to grasp easily. But that Sade, himself, refuses to be my neighbor, is what needs to be recalled, not in order to refuse it to him in return, but in order to recognize the meaning of this refusal. We believe that Sade is not close enough to his own wickedness to recognize his neighbor in it. A trait which he shares with many, and notably with Freud. For such is indeed the sole motive of the recoil of beings, sometimes forewarned, before the Christian commandment. For Sade, we see the test of this, crucial in our eyes, in his refusal of the death penalty, which history, if not logic, would suffice to show is one of the corollaries of Charity."
Author: Jacques Lacan
10. "If you weren't getting pretty close to crazy right now, would you be talking to yourself right now?"
Author: Jim Butcher
11. "My fingers positively itched to drift at length along their spines, to arrive at one whose lure I could not pass, to pluck it down, to inch it open, then to close my eyes and inhale the soul-sparking scent of old and literate dust."
Author: Kate Morton
12. "She's magnificent," Radius said, smiling proudly as he vaulted the steps and followed Aphrodite."I can think of a lot of m words that she could be. Magnificent isn't one of them," Stark grumbled."Mental and mean pop into my head," I said."Manure pops into mine," Stark said."Manure?""I think she's full of shot, but it's too many words and doesn't start with an m, so that's as close as I could get," he said."
Author: Kristin Cast
13. "In a dark layer of Esme's memory there was a kiss. Vividly she recalled Mihai in the snow, naked and fanged. That kiss had conjured ancient passions a god had tried to erase, and Esme remembered the pressure of it and even knew the flavor of that black river. But it belonged to someone else. Tom's kiss, by contrast, wasn't passionate.Esme didn't even have time to close her eyes and tilt her face up to meet it, and it landed crooked and only half on her lips. It was clumsy and it ended quickly. And it was hers."
Author: Laini Taylor
14. "No roll in the hay is worth losing what I've got."
Author: Laura Wiess
15. "Seemed to me that drumming was the best way to get close to God."
Author: Lionel Hampton
16. "There's a space at the bottom of an exhale, a little hitch between taking in and letting out that's a perfect zero you can go into. There's a rest point between the heart muscle's close and open - an instant of keenest living when you're momentarily dead. You can rest there."
Author: Mary Karr
17. "I remember just how bizarre my friendship with Tiffani has been - but then I remember that no one else but Tiffani could really even come close to understanding how I feel after losing Nikki forever. I remember that apart time is finally over, and while Nikki is gone for good, I still have a woman in my arms who has suffered greatly and desperately needs to believe once again that she is beautiful. In my arms is a woman who has given me a Skywatcher's Cloud Chart, a woman who knows all my secrets, a woman who knows just how messed up my mind is, how many pills I'm on and yet she allows me to hold her anyway. There's something honest about all of this, and I cannot imagine any other woman lying in the middle of a frozen soccer filed with me-in the middle of a snowstorm even - impossibly hoping to see a single cloud break free of a nimbostratus. Nikki would not have done this for me, not even on her best day."
Author: Matthew Quick
18. "I wasn't scared of losing my past. i was scared of losing my future."
Author: Meg Jay
19. "It had to be one of the weirdest things in the universe that Lissa had never come close to suspecting my feelings for Dimitri but that Adrian had figured it out."
Author: Richelle Mead
20. "Every meal should end with something sweet. Maybe it's jelly on toast at breakfast, or a small piece of chocolate at dinner - but it always helps my brain bring a close to the meal."
Author: Robert Irvine
21. "I feel particularly close to them, because I am now out in the universe. I'm in a position to see nature from another point of view, to be outside the earth and see the big picture."
Author: Story Musgrave
22. "He leans his face close to mine and wraps his fingers around my chin. His hand smells like metal. When was the last time he held a gun, or a knife?"
Author: Veronica Roth
23. "No one wants to get too close to a madwoman. Or men who have monkeys for pets."
Author: Victoria Alexander
Quotes About Losing A Close Friendship Pictures