Famous Quotes About Losing Hope In A Relationship
Browse 26 famous quotes and sayings about Losing Hope In A Relationship.
Top Quotes About Losing Hope In A Relationship
1. "Depression weighs you down like a rock in a river. You don't stand a chance. You can fight and pray and hope you have the strength to swim, but sometimes, you have to let yourself sink. Because you'll never know true happiness until someone or something pulls you back out of that river--and you'll never believe it until you realize it was you, yourself who saved you."
Author: Alysha Speer
2. "Success is not a process of accumulating wealth, building mass relationship or collecting things in excess, but developing, excelling, fostering and growing the happiness for self and others without recess to treat it as the life's progress."
Author: Anuj Somany
3. "Every day my conscience makes confession relying on the hope of Your mercy as more to be trusted than its own innocence."
Author: Augustine Of Hippo
4. "Knowing love or the hope of knowing love is the anchor that keeps us from falling into that sea of despair."
Author: Bell Hooks
5. "Every time you lose an animal, it's like losing a brick from the house. Pretty soon the house just falls down, you know?"
Author: Bindi Irwin
6. "We are laying the foundations of a government, which we hope may outlast the Pyramids."
Author: Caleb Cushing
7. "I can only hope he's an Aries and not a Scorpio."
Author: Candace Bushnell
8. "Be spiritually independent enough that your relationship with the Savior doesn't depend on your circumstances or on what other people say and do. Have the spiritual independence to be a Mormon--the best Mormon you can--in your own way. Not the bishop's way. Not the Relief Society president's way. Your way."
Author: Chieko N. Okazaki
9. "That her relationship with him was like being content in a house but always sitting by the window and looking out"
Author: Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie
10. "If you can't hear, I hope it's not my fault."
Author: Christopher Hitchens
11. "A man who lies to himself, and believes his own lies, becomes unable to recognize truth, either in himself or in anyone else, and he ends up losing respect for himself and for others. When he has no respect for anyone, he can no longer love, and in him, he yields to his impulses, indulges in the lowest form of pleasure, and behaves in the end like an animal in satisfying his vices."
Author: Dave Donovan
12. "Here I want to stress that perception of losing one's mind is based on culturally derived and socially ingrained stereotypes as to the significance of symptoms such as hearing voices, losing temporal and spatial orientation, and sensing that one is being followed, and that many of the most spectacular and convincing of these symptoms in some instances psychiatrically signify merely a temporary emotional upset in a stressful situation, however terrifying to the person at the time. Similarly, the anxiety consequent upon this perception of oneself, and the strategies devised to reduce this anxiety, are not a product of abnormal psychology, but would be exhibited by any person socialized into our culture who came to conceive of himself as someone losing his mind."
Author: Erving Goffman
13. "Truly, my dear young friends, you are a chosen generation. I hope you will never forget it. I hope you will never take it for granted. I hope there will grow in your hearts an overpowering sense of gratitude to God, who has made it possible for you to come upon the earth in this marvelous season of the world's history."
Author: Gordon B. Hinckley
14. "For Leopardi, unhappy hedonist that he was, what is unknown is always more attractive than what is known; hope and imagination are the only consolations for the disappointments and sorrows of experience. Man therefore projects his desire into infinity and feels pleasure only when he is able to imagine that this pleasure has no end."
Author: Italo Calvino
15. "I like to vote, but not be voted on. I don't mind losing one on one, but to lose through a vote means the majority think I'm a loser."
Author: Jarod Kintz
16. "If there were one sentence that explained everything you feel right now, what would it be?" I thought about it for a second. "I fucking hope that everyone dies."
Author: Katie Heaney
17. "I watch way too much television and like a lot of shows, so I'm always excited to meet those people and hope they're not douchey."
Author: Kevin Rahm
18. "The only time a relationship is good is when you really love them."
Author: Leighton Meester
19. "We accept it because we have seen the vision. We know that we cannot reap the harvest, but we hope that we may so well prepare the land and so diligently sow the seed that our successors may gather the ripened grain."
Author: Liberty Hyde Bailey
20. "But keeping secrets is a discipline. I never use to think of myself as a good liar, but after having had some practice I had adopted the prevaricator's credo that one doesn't so much fabricate a lie as marry it. A successful lie cannot be brought into this world and capriciously abandoned; like any committed relationship it must be maintained, and with far more devotion than the truth, which carries on being carelessly true without any help. By contrast, my lie needed me as much as I needed it, and so demanded the constancy of wedlock: Till death do us part."
Author: Lionel Shriver
21. "Chimerical and empty being, your name alone has caused more blood to flow on the face of the earth than any political war ever will. Return to the nothingness from which the mad hope and ridiculous fright of men dared call you forth to their misfortune. You only appeared as a torment for the human race. What crimes would have been spared the world, if they had choked the first imbecile who thought of speaking of you."
Author: Marquis De Sade
22. "I cannot hope that what I have to say will be very interesting to many."
Author: Mary Augusta Ward
23. "We have a strange and wonderful relationship - he's strange and I'm wonderful."
Author: Mike Ditka
24. "If sympathy is all that human beings need, then the Cross of Christ is an absurdity and there is absolutely no need for it. What the world needs is not "a little bit of love," but major surgery. If you think you are helping lost people with your sympathy and understanding, you are a traitor to Jesus Christ. You must have a right-standing relationship with Him yourself, and pour your life out in helping others in His way— not in a human way that ignores God."
Author: Oswald Chambers
25. "It is easier with the right person. A good test of a relationship is how well you both deal with challenges. If one person is more invested, it shows. If you're with the wrong person, it feels like too much work. But if you're unhappy more than you're happy, it's not the right relationship for you."
Author: Susane Colasanti
26. "Opposites may attract, but I wouldn't put my money on a relationship of financial opposites."
Author: Suze Orman
Quotes About Losing Hope In A Relationship Pictures