Famous Quotes About Lots
Browse 1339 famous quotes and sayings about Lots.
Top Quotes About Lots
1. "Love's a funny thing, especially with a man who gets paid to put junk in other people's slots. (The Mail Man)"
Author: Andrew Sturm
2. "I hope that seeing the excitement of solving this problem will make young mathematicians realize that there are lots and lots of other problems in mathematics which are going to be just as challenging in the future."
Author: Andrew Wiles
3. "I grew up in a pretty large family. We were really close-knit, so I definitely want to have lots and lots of children."
Author: Anne Hathaway
4. "...Hattie wanted to give her babies names that weren't already chiseled on a headstone in the family plots in Georgia, so she gave them names of promise and of hope, reaching-forward names, not looking-back ones."
Author: Ayana Mathis
5. "We ran into lots of old friends. Friends from elementary school, junior high school, high school. Everyone had matured in their own way, and even as we stood face to face with them they seemed like people from dreams, sudden glimpses through the fences of our tangled memories. We smiled and waved, exchanged a few words, and then walked on in our separate directions."
Author: Banana Yoshimoto
6. "Bachelorhood: all the fun of married life and more prosperity, leaving lots of descendants to boast of their father's memory to their fellow inmates."
7. "In an ideal world, you might imagine that scientific papers were only cited by academics on the basis of their content. This might be true. But lots of other stuff can have an influence."
Author: Ben Goldacre
8. "There is a very vibrant cultural scene in Stockholm. There are lots of places where there are concerts, and there are loads of museums and theaters."
Author: Bjorn Ulvaeus
9. "YA heroines can have romances that are subplots: can have goals other than getting/keeping a man: can put their lovers second. JUST LIKE YAheroes DO!"
Author: Celine Kiernan
10. "I became very successful at a young age... I had lots of opportunities and lots of power and had no idea how to focus it."
Author: Claire Danes
11. "Everybody gets jolted. You, me, before we die we'll all get nailed, lots of times. But that doesn't mean we'll get turned into witches. You can't avoid getting zapped, but you can avoid passing the mean energy on. That's the interesting thing about witches, the challenge of them-- learning not to hit back, or hit somebody else, when they zap you. You can bury the zap, for instance, like the gods buried the Titans in the center of the earth. Or you can be like a river when a forest fire hits it--phshhhhhhhhhhhh! Just drown it, drown all the heat and let it wash away."
Author: David James Duncan
12. "People who make lots of money at what they do should just shut up about it."
Author: Debra Winger
13. "I think, in the grand epic, Jesus is the hero of our stories. And our stories, as they were, are subplots in a grand epic and our job is not to be the hero of any story. Our job is to be a saint in a story that he is telling."
Author: Donald Miller
14. "The world was in terrible shape, and I'm glad we stood up and said what we believed; but a lot of the time we'd say these beautiful things about justice and fairness and equality, but we weren't so nice to each other. We'd be jealous and we'd gossip, and we'd be moody and difficult and rude and inconsiderate. Why do I say 'we'? I mean I would be all that-- and if at the time I ever came near to knowing what I'd become, I'd dodge, I'd duck, I'd go on the offensive: the terrible Wall Street bankers. Lots of them were terrible-- and so were lots of us."
Author: Dorothy Day
15. "Post-adolescent Expert SyndromeThe tendency of young people around the age of eighteen, males especially, to become altruistic experts on everything, a state of mind required by nature to ensure warriors who are willing to die with pleasure on the battlefield. Also the reason why religions recruit kamikaze pilots and suicide bombers almost exclusively from the 18-21 range. "Kyle, I never would have guessed that when you were up in your bedroom playing World of Warcraft all through your teens, you were, in fact, becoming an expert on the films of Jean-Luc Godard."
Author: Douglas Coupland
16. "Charity didn't mean to waste the entire afternoon. But her favorite daytime drama was on the telly. It was always the same, she thought, stretching out on the bed to watch. The sex got her interested first, and then the story. Before long she was totally hooked, and deep into the intricate plots and the glamorous goings-on. And afterwards, she just felt drained. She was sound asleep by the time Lady Margaret came home."
Author: Elizabeth Jane Howard
17. "I have had UFO experiences, and yet, at the same time, I can easily be convinced that none of it is true. It's hard to say whether or not you're a believer. I've been interested in that subject matter, like lots of people. Perhaps foolishly, I've allowed some of that stuff to creep into my music."
Author: Frank Black
18. "There are lots of concerns facing English football but for me the major one is the way in which football clubs are run by owners, whether they are growing organically and sustainably and how that is being policed by the football authorities."
Author: Gary Neville
19. "I was born with lots of deformities."
Author: Gemma Arterton
20. "There is no hour that has not its births of gladness and despair, no morning brightness that does not bring new sickness to desolation as well as new forces to genius and love. There are so many of us, and our lots are so different, what wonder that Nature's mood is often in harsh contrast with the great crisis of our lives?"
Author: George Eliot
21. "When the inner garden is under cultivation and God's Spirit is present, harvests are regular events. The fruits? Things like courage, hope, love, endurance, joy, and lots of peace."
Author: Gordon MacDonald
22. "Carney is like a graveyard where everyone already owns their plots and has built houses on top of them."
Author: Holly Black
23. "Every person has lots of ingredients to make them into what is always a one-of-a-kind creation."
Author: Holly Goldberg Sloan
24. "Now we are using the body scanner to scan the pilots. They became the dangerous people of this country?"
Author: Isaac Yeffet
25. "Lots of time you don't know what interests you most till you start talking about something that doesn't interest you most."
Author: J.D. Salinger
26. "They are part of lots of sessions that makeup a hazy part of my session life."
Author: Jim Sullivan
27. "Having lots of kids doesn't mean they don't get as much love; you simply kiss more lips, hug more little bodies, read more stories, answer more questions and marvel at more uniqueness. As Rachel Jankovic says, "It is not something to do if you can squeeze the time in. It is what God gave you time for."
Author: Kelly Crawford
28. "As a kid, I imagined lots of different scenarios for my life. I would be an astronaut. Maybe a cartoonist. A famous explorer or rock star. Never once did I see myself standing under the window of a house belonging to some druggie named Carbine, waiting for his yard gnome to steal his stash so I could get a cab back to a cheap motel where my friend, a neurotic, death-obsessed dwarf, was waiting for me so we could get on the road to an undefined place and a mysterious Dr. X, who would cure me of mad cow disease and stop a band of dark energy from destroying the universe."
Author: Libba Bray
29. "The way to get good ideas is to get lots of ideas and throw the bad ones away."
Author: Linus Pauling
30. "While some dismiss the Bible as a dusty old book, I view its pages as portals to adventure. Not only is the book chock-full of clever plots and compelling stories, but it's laced with historical insights and literary beauty. When I open the Scripture, I imagine myself exploring an ancient kingdom . . . With every encounter, I learn something new about their life journeys and am reminded that the Bible is more than a record of the human quest for God: it's the revelation of God's quest for us." - Scouting the Divine"
Author: Margaret Feinberg
31. "Women's courage is rather different from men's. The fact that women have to bring up children and look after husbands makes them braver at facing long-term issues, such as illness. Men are more immediately courageous. Lots of people are brave in battle."
Author: Mary Wesley
32. "I'm Kakashi Hatake. Things I like and things I hate… I don't feel like telling you that. My dreams for the future… never really thought about it. As for my hobbies… I have lots of hobbies."
Author: Masashi Kishimoto
33. "Book light," Grandma grumbles as I hurry her away from Dad's boss and his wife. "Who the hell wantsa book light?""Lots of people," I say. "They are very handy things to have."
Author: Meg Cabot
34. "Sunny could think of lots of reasons about why the angel was crying, but the one that felt the best to her was that the angel wept so Sunny didn't have to."
Author: Megan Hart
35. "What's the current price for a thought in these days of inflation?" Alan donwered aloud as he paused in the doorway. She'd looked so beautiful, he reflected. So distant. Then she glanced up with a smile that enchanced the first and erased the second."That was quick," Shelby complimented him and avoided the question with equal ease. "I'm afraid I admired your tea set a bit too strongly and made your butler nervous.He might be wondering if I'll slip the saucer into my bag." Setting down the cup, she rose. "Are you ready to go be charming and distinguished? You look as though you would be."Alan lifted a brow. "I have a feeling distinguished comes perilously close to sedate in your book.""No,you're lots of room yet," she told him as she breezed into the hall. "I'll give you a jab if you start teetering toward sedate."
Author: Nora Roberts
36. "He had lots of deaths, but that was OK, games were like that, you died a lot until you got the hang of it"
Author: Orson Scott Card
37. "My books were always full of ink blots, always stained and covered with smeared sketches and pictures, which one draws idly when his attention wanders from his task."
Author: Pierre Loti
38. "A great Dermalogica facial every few weeks, and lots of sleep over the weekend are essentials. I also drink lots of water which really helps to hydrate the skin and keep it looking fresh."
Author: Poppy Delevingne
39. "It's a miracle was the last track recorded for the album, we based it on the rhythm from the middle of 'Late Home Tonight, where there's Graham Broad playing lots and lots of drums with me shouting in the background, pretending to be a mad Arab leader."
Author: Roger Waters
40. "When you have to do all the more crappy jobs before, you appreciate all the good work that comes out of that. There are many girls who immediately have a top model career, and there are lots of models who are doing things that aren't as exciting as doing big campaigns and beautiful magazines."
Author: Saskia De Brauw
41. "The best plan now is to have as many bosses as possible. I call it boss diversity. If you work for a company and you have one boss and that boss doesn't like you or wants to get rid of you, you're in trouble. But if you work for yourself, you have lots of bosses, who are your customers, and if a few of them decide they don't like you, that's okay."
Author: Scott Adams
42. "Focus isn't about hammering one nail all our lives.It's about hammering lots of nails, one way, all our lives."
Author: Scott Ginsberg
43. "I spent the period reading the first novel assigned for English. And wow. If I hadn't realized I was in France yet, I do now. Because Like Water for Chocolate has sex in it. LOTS of sex."
Author: Stephanie Perkins
44. "My feet never touched the ground. Lots of good groups with crazy and unique images. It was wild. I spent all of my time doing gigs, TV appearances, interviews, or recording. I could write a book - and probably will."
Author: Suzi Quatro
45. "I still do lots of gigs where I'm the support act and people are chatting through my set, but I've got better at grabbing attention. I mean, my parents would play on bills with people like Judas Priest and get booed all the way through. But they stuck it out, got tough."
Author: Teddy Thompson
46. "Lots of people would be as cowardly as me if they were brave enough."
Author: Terry Pratchett
47. "Characters with no integrity are just as interesting as characters with lots of integrity."
Author: Tommy Lee Jones
48. "What you don't know going in is that when you come out, you will be scarred for life. Whether you were in for a week, a month, or a year—even if you come home without a scratch—you are never, ever going to be the same.When I went in, I was eighteen. I thought it was all glory and you win lots of medals. You think you're going to be the guy. Then you find out the cost is very great. Especially when you don't see the kids you were with when you went in. Living with it can be hell. It's like the devil presides in you. I knew what I sighed up for, yes, and I would do it again. But the reality of war—words can't begin to describe it."
Author: William Guarnere
49. "All the plots of hell and commotions on earth have not so much as shaken God's hand to spoil one letter or line he has been drawing."
Author: William Gurnall
50. "Without action, a vision is just a piece of paper. In education, we have lots of paper."
Author: William Sterrett
Quotes About Lots Pictures