Famous Quotes About Loudly
Browse 255 famous quotes and sayings about Loudly.
Top Quotes About Loudly
1. "The French believe that all errors are distant, someone else's fault. Americans believe that there is no distance, no difference, and therefore that there are no errors, that any troubles are simple misunderstandings, consequent on your not yet having spoken English loudly enough."
Author: Adam Gopnik
2. "I shook with helplessness and rage, but also with fear. This was what fighting back earned you. More abuse. More death. Half a dozen Jews would be murdered today because one man refused to die without a fight. To fight back was to die quickly and to take others with you.This was why prisoners went meekly to their deaths. I had been so resolved to fight back, but I knew then that I wouldn't. To suffer quietly hurt only you. To suffer loudly, violently, angrily--to fight back--was to bring hurt and pain and death to others."
Author: Alan Gratz
3. "-The very absence of the freedom to criticise against your own or any other government is all the more a reason to loudly shout-out for democracy! If that is wrong, Drew boldly went on, -then I would rather be wrong then to be numbered among the majority of the so-called righteous people whose only mandate seems to be controlling people. If a government is against its people expressing themselves, then that government is obviously hiding something criminal from its people and the world, and it is therefore afraid of being exposed and losing whatever power it has."
Author: Andrew James Pritchard
4. "Ardour in well-doing is a misleading and a treacherous thing. It cries out loudly for employment; you can't satisfy it at first; it wants more and more; it is eager to move mountains and divert the course of rivers. It isn't content till it perspires. And then, too often, when it feels the perspiration on its brow, it wearies all of a sudden and dies, without even putting itself to the trouble of saying, "I've had enough of this."
Author: Arnold Bennett
5. "Bombs The first bomb dropped unheard, unlike the loudly dropped second and third; then the final bomb dropped from the sky to the ground and the last-seen bomb made the last-heard sound."
Author: Bo Burnham
6. "Affection would not be affection if it was loudly and frequently expressed; to produce it in public is like getting your household furniture out for a move. It did very well in its place, but it looks shabby or tawdry or grotesque in the sunshine."
Author: C.S. Lewis
7. "These days, however, I am much calmer - since I realised that it's technically impossible for a woman to argue against feminism. Without feminism, you wouldn't be allowed to have a debate on women's place in society. You'd be too busy giving birth on the kitchen floor - biting down on a wooden spoon, so as not to disturb the men's card game - before going back to quick-liming the dunny. This is why those female columnists in the Daily Mail - giving daily wail against feminism - amuse me. They paid you £1,600 for that, dear, I think. And I bet it's going in your bank account, and not your husband's. The more women argue loudly, against feminism, the more they both prove it exists and that they enjoy its hard-won privileges."
Author: Caitlin Moran
8. "Magnus rolled onto his back and put his feet up on the arm of the sofa. "What do you care if Alec's miserable?""What do I care?" Jace said, so loudly that Chairman Meow rolled off the couch and landed on the floor. "Of course I care about Alec; he's my best friend, my parabatai. And he's unhappy. And so are you, by the look of things. Takeout containers everywhere, you haven't done anything to fix up the place, your cat looks dead —""He's not dead."
Author: Cassandra Clare
9. "No, it's okay. It was just … weird. No one has ever called me hot before.""Really?" Trace frowned. "Well, that changes right now." He ceased walking, stopping in the dead center of the pathway and reached for my hands. "Jade Cannon, you are totally hot!" Trace announced loudly, and people nearby stopped to stare at us after his outburst. I couldn't help but laugh."
Author: Chelsea Lynn Charters
10. "Keep a line of retreat,' Warwick ordered. To his disgust, his voice trembled and he cleared his throat loudly before going on with his orders.‘They are traitors all. We go in, kill as many as we can in the surprise, then pull back into …' He looked around, seeing a small wooden signpost. He leaned closer to read it and for an instant raised his eyes to heaven. ‘Back into Shiteburn Lane.'It helped to explain what he had sunk ankle-deep into, at least. He spent a moment longing for wooden overshoes to raise him up above the slop, though he could hardly have fought in those. His boots would just have to be burned afterwards."
Author: Conn Iggulden
11. "Let them call the old man Inkweaver!" he shouted, loudly enough to be heard all over the house. "It suits him. He's nothing but a craftsman, while I … I am an enchanter! Ink-Enchanter, that's what they ought to call me. That's what they will call me someday!"
Author: Cornelia Funke
12. "Persian, Dilorom told me, had only one word for crying, whereas Old Uzbek had one hundred. Old Uzbek had words for wanting to cry and not being able to, for being caused to sob by something, for loudly crying like thunder in the clouds, for crying in gasps, for weeping inwardly or secretly, for crying ceaselessly in a high voice, for crying in hiccups, and for crying while uttering the sound 'hay hay."
Author: Elif Batuman
13. "I could have drowned today. If they hadn't been screaming my name so loudly and if I hadn't woken up, I would have drowned."
Author: Erica Sehyun Song
14. "Jon lied ... loudly, as if that could make it true."
Author: George R.R. Martin
15. "Tyrion looked pointedly at his right hand. "Why, I have steel in my hand, Ser Allister, although it appears to be a crab fork. Shall we duel?" He hopped up on his chair and began poking at Thorne's chest with the tiny fork. Roars of laughter filled the tower room. Bits of crab flew from the Lord Commander's mouth as he began to gasp and choke. Even his raven joined in, cawing loudly from above the window. "Duel! Duel! Duel!"
Author: George R.R. Martin
16. "Hey, dragon!" Jay said loudly. The dragon opened one eye. "How can you tell if you have a dragon in your bathroom? The door won't close! How long was the dragons vacation? Four days and three knights! How about this one? Three ninja and a dragon walk into a dojo, and--"The Lightning Dragon swiped it's massive tail, knocking Jay off his feet."That's the worst thing about dragons," muttered Jay, standing back up. "They don't know good jokes when they hear them."
Author: Greg Farshtey
17. "The angels in heaven covered their eyes with their hands and sobbed loudly, because that is what they always do when a man hits his wife. A profound sadness settled over the earth...God was silent in every language. The angels tried to dry their tears, but their handkerchiefs were so soaked through that is started raining even in the deserts."
Author: Guus Kuijer
18. "Jesus came to announce to us that an identity based on success, popularity and power is a false identity- an illusion! Loudly and clearly he says: 'You are not what the world makes you; but you are children of God."
Author: Henri J.M. Nouwen
19. "Fred and George, however, found all this very funny. They went out oftheir way to march ahead of Harry down the corridors, shouting, "Make way forthe Heir of Slytherin, seriously evil wizard coming through ......Percy was deeply disapproving of this behavior."It is not a laughing matter," he said coldly."Oh, get out of the way, Percy," said Fred. "Harry's in a hurry.""Yeah, he's off to the Chamber of Secrets for a cup of tea with his fangedservant," said George, chortling.Ginny didn't find it amusing either."Oh, don't," she wailed every time Fred asked Harry loudly who he wasplanning to attack next, or when George pretended to ward Harry off with a largeclove of garlic when they met."
Author: J.K. Rowling
20. "Are you trying to weasel out of showing us any of this stuff?" said Zacharias Smith. "Here's an idea," said Ron loudly, "why don't you shut your mouth?" "Well, we've all turned up to learn from him, and now he's telling us he can't really do any of it," he said. "That's not what he said," said Fred Weasley. "Would you like us to clean out your ears for you?" inquired George, pulling a long and lethal-looking metal instrument from inside one of the Zonko's bags. "Or any part of your body, really, we're not fussy where we stick this," said Fred."
Author: J.K. Rowling
21. "Harry, despite your privileged insight into Voldemort's world (which, incidentally, is a gift any Death Eater would kill to have), you have never been seduced by the Dark Arts, never, even for a second, shown the slightest desire to become one of Voldemort's followers!""Of course I haven't!" said Harry indignantly. "He killed my mum and dad!""You are protected, in short, by your ability to love!" said Dumbledore loudly."
Author: J.K. Rowling
22. "The dead are silent because they live, just as we chatter so loudly to try to make ourselves forget that we are dying. Their silence is really their call to me, the assurance of their immortal love for me."
Author: Karl Rahner
23. "I want…" he said, then hesitated, taking a breath of air and lifting his chin. "I want one pure thing in my life," he said loudly, his voice ringing in the red-tinted air. "I want one thing I can point to and say, ‘That is good, and it's a part of me."
Author: Kim Harrison
24. "When I got outside, I came to a standstill and said loudly in the open street, as I clenched my hands: "I will tell you one thing, my good Lord God, you are a bungler!" and I nod furiously, with set teeth, up to the clouds; "I will be hanged if you are not a bungler."
Author: Knut Hamsun
25. "I know that money speaks more loudly than need."
Author: Knute Nelson
26. "You see, that's the thing with you detrus," Chase began in a contemplative tone. "Your bodies are abominations. If I severed your arms--"Lothaire yawned loudly."--you'd merely regenerate from the injury. You might experience pain, but you wouldn't suffer the horror of permanent loss, not like a human."Lothaire grew increasingly bored by this. "When I get free, I believe I'll show you your spine. I'll hand it to you so casually, politely even, as if expecting you to remark upon it."
Author: Kresley Cole
27. "I'm sorry?" I shouted over the noise from the snowmobile Max was sitting astridde."Climb on!" he shouted back and I stared at the snowmobile."Can't we walk?" I asked loudly."No.""Drive?""No."I took a step back. "Maybe...""Duchess, get...the fuck...on."
Author: Kristen Ashley
28. "How should I know?" said Alice, surprised at her own courage. "It's no business of mine."The Queen turned crimson with fury, and, after glaring at her for a moment like a wild beast, began screaming "Off with her head! Off with--""Nonsense!" said Alice, very loudly and decidedly, and the Queen was silent."
Author: Lewis Carroll
29. "Said Alice loudly. "The idea of having the sentence first!"
Author: Lewis Carroll
30. "…and who are you, anyway?" "I'm Tina." "Thank goodness!" I said so loudly she stepped back. "No silly-ass overdone names for you, m'girl." "It's short for Christina Caresse Chavelle." "Well, you did the best you could."
Author: MaryJanice Davidson
31. "I noticed that she left her office door open, too.So she could keep an eye on me, no doubt, in case I decided to grab the andirons and make a run for it.I stood for a minute, taking it all in. Not what I'd expected at all. And Edward hadn't been any help: "Heavens, how should I know what's there? Whatever was left after my collective vulture of a family descended,I assume..."The first thing I did was to sit down on the sofa. The old leather creaked loudly enough to make me flinch. But it was worth risking the return of Dr. Rothaus to sit where Edward had sat. Only, it didn't feel very significant. Just cold and little slippery."
Author: Melissa Jensen
32. "I can project emotions and feelings onto others. For example, I can make you hungry." With a slight smile, Anya followed words with action, and the captain's mouth dropped open as her stomach growled loudly.Salvatore shifted against the desk, a glower darkening his face. "Power of suggestion. Besides, it's almost lunch."On impulse, Anya smiled sweetly at him as she retorted, "Should I make you fall in love with me, then?"
Author: Michelle O'Leary
33. "My version of an Irish exit has an air of deception to it, because it includes my asking loudly, "Where's the bathroom?" and making theatrical looking-around gestures like a lost foreign tourist. But then, instead of finding the bathroom, I sneakily grab my coat and leave."
Author: Mindy Kaling
34. "I heard all three bolts click home. Even if I screamed, they'd never let me back inside. That's the protocol when you're in the field. No matter how loudly you yell, they never let you in. Not if they want to live, anyway."
Author: Mira Grant
35. "These people yapped loudly of race, of race consciousness, of race pride, and yet suppressed its most delightful manifestations, love of color, joy of rhythmic motion, naive, spontaneous laughter. Harmony, radiance, and simplicity, all the essentials of spiritual beauty in the race they had marked for destructions."
Author: Nella Larsen
36. "I wonder where I am," said Milo in a very worried tone."You're . . . in . . . the . . . Dol . . . drums," wailed a voice that sounded far away. He looked around quickly to see who had spoken. No one was there, and it was as quiet and still as onecould imagine."Yes . . . the . . . Dol . . . drums," yawned another voice, but still he saw no one."WHAT ARE THE DOLDRUMS?" he cried loudly, and tried very hard to see who would answer this time."The Doldrums, my young friend, are where nothing ever happens and nothing ever changes."
Author: Norton Juster
37. "You could worship loudly and still act pretty lousy."
Author: Piper Kerman
38. "Would you please just talk to me? Please?" Sally's voice was beginning to take on a high-pitched whine."Oh, good grief. For the love of healthy ears everywhere, quit your belly aching," Jen snapped, the clothes in her hands growing more wrinkled by the second. "Sally, there is nothing to talk about, okay? It is what it is."Sally threw her hands up in the air as she exhaled loudly. "No, it is not what it is, whatever the hell that means. It's a whole freaking lot more complicated than 'it is what it is'."
Author: Quinn Loftis
39. "He exhaled loudly and raked a hand through the sable brown hair he always kept stylishly messy. "Look, Rose. You don't have to keep up with the hard-to-get thing. You've already got me."
Author: Richelle Mead
40. "He swore loudly, confused. I won't repeat the word here. I'm a gentleman."
Author: Rose Christo
41. "I've always heard people's criticisms twice as loudly as their praise."
Author: Sam Raimi
42. "You bought me plastic ware," he said. "Didn't you?'"No," I growled, picking at my license plate."You did!" he hooted, laughing out loud. "You bought me some forks. And knives. And spoons. Because—""No," I said loudly."—you love me!" He grinned, as if he'd solved the puzzler for all time, as I felt a flush creep across my face. Stupid Lissa. I could have killed her."It was on sale," I told him again, as if this was some kind of an excuse."You love me," he said simply, taking the bag and adding it to the others."Only seven bucks," I added, but he was already walking away, so sure of himself. "It was on clearance, for God's sake." "Love me," he called out over his shoulder, in a singsong voice. "You. Love. Me."
Author: Sarah Dessen
43. "But he was not like Walter, who might take his pleasure where he chose it. His pleasure had turned, at the last, to a kind of grief; and his love was a love so fierce and so secret it must be satisfied, with a stranger, in a reeking court like this. I knew about that kind of love. I knew how it was to bare your palpitating heart, and be fearful as you did so that the beats should come too loudly, and betray you."
Author: Sarah Waters
44. "I'll be back as quick as I can," I said awkwardly."Sure.""Stay cool.""Don't worry, I'm not going to punch anybody."I trotted to my car. As I slipped behind the wheel I heard the little girl ask Arnie loudly, "Why is your face all messy like that, mister?"
Author: Stephen King
45. "From now on when a boy starts telling me about his lost loves I am going to run in the opposite direction screaming loudly... Somehow I bring out such confidences, and I'm pretty sick of hearing about Bobbe or Dorothy or P.K. or Liota. God damn them all."
Author: Sylvia Plath
46. "To feel the tender skin of sensitive child-fingers thicken; to feel the sex organs develop and call loudly to the flesh; to become aware of school, exams (the very words as unlovely as the sound of chalk shrilling on the blackboard,) bread and butter, marriage, sex, compatibility, war, economics, death and self. What a pathetic blighting of the beauty and reality of childhood."
Author: Sylvia Plath
47. "I want to find my golden joy," I said.The baron laughed loudly. "Splendid," he said. "But what does that mean to you--your golden joy?""The golden joy," I replied, "is when a peculiar flight of free thought makes it possible to see the beauty of life. Am I making myself clear?"
Author: Victor Pelevin
48. "She sighed. Loudly. "Physical appearance is not what is important."Yeah right. Tell that to any girl who hasn't bothered to put on a presentable shirt or fix her hair because she's only running into the grocery store to get a quart of milk for her grandmother, and who does she see tending the 7-ITEMS-OR-LESS cash register but the guy of her dreams, except she can't even say hi—much less try to develop a meaningful relationship—since she looks like the poster child for the terminally geeky."
Author: Vivian Vande Velde
49. "Sigh for me, night-wind, in the noisy leaves of the oak. / I am tired. Sleep for me, heaven over the hill. / Shout for me, loudly and loudly, joyful sun, when you rise."
Author: Wallace Stevens
50. "There is a lust in man no charm can tame: Of loudly publishing his neighbor's shame: On eagles wings immortal scandals fly, while virtuous actions are born and die."
Author: William Harvey
Quotes About Loudly Pictures