Famous Quotes About Love How I Met Your Mother
Browse 16 famous quotes and sayings about Love How I Met Your Mother.
Top Quotes About Love How I Met Your Mother
1. "Use them with care, and use them with respect as to the transformations they can achieve, and you have an extraordinary research tool. Go banging about with a psychedelic drug for a Saturday night turn-on, and you can get into a really bad place, psychologically. Know what you're using, decide just why you're using it, and you can have a rich experience. They're not addictive, and they're certainly not escapist, either, but they're exceptionally valuable tools for understanding the human mind, and how it works."
Author: Alexander Shulgin
2. "I saw a picture of you and Vincent in a 1968 newspaper that said you died in a fire," I said, turning to Ambrose.He nodded at me with a little smile, urging me on."So how can you be here now?""Well, I'm glad we're starting with the easy questions," he said, stretching his powerful arms and then leaning toward me. "The answer would be ... because we're zombies!" and he let out a horrible groan, stretching his mouth open and baring his teeth as he curled his hands into claws. Seeing my terrified expression, Ambrose began cracking up and slapping his knee with his hand. "Just kidding," he cackled, and then, calming down, looked at me sedately. "But no, seriously. We're zombies.""We are not zombies!" said Charlotte, her voice rising with annoyance."
Author: Amy Plum
3. "I'll admit, Jasnah, that I empathize with your skepticism, but I don't agree with it. I just think you've been looking for God in the wrong places.""I suppose that you're going to tell me where you think I should look.""You'll find God in the same place you're going to find salvation from this mess," Wit said. "Inside the hearts of men.""Curiously," Jasnah said, "I believe I can actually agree with that, though I suspect for different reasons than you imply."
Author: Brandon Sanderson
4. "Sometimes," Jem said, "our lives can change so fast that the change outpaces our minds and hearts. It's those times, I think, when our lives have altered but we still long for the time before everything was altered-- that is when we feel the greatest pain. I can tell you, though, from experience, you grow accustomed to it. You learn to live your new life, and you can't imagine, or even really remember, how things were before."
Author: Cassandra Clare
5. "Doing things for someone else is what I love most about relationships, even more than having stuff done for me."
Author: Daria Snadowsky
6. "Do your best to present yourself to God as one approved, a worker who has no need to be ashamed, rightly handling the word of truth. (2 Tim. 2:15) God calls you to "do your best." Laziness is inexcusable. We are studying the very words that God chose to communicate to us, so in addition to studying prayerfully and obediently, we must study diligently. God calls us to love Him with our minds (Matt. 22:37),"
Author: Francis Chan
7. "If you don't mark your successes, the day your ship comes in could be just another day at the office, and there's no poetry in that."
Author: Glen Hansard
8. "How tragic it will be if we don't each come to grips with our own personal potential and learn the role the Lord has in mind for us. How sad if we waste one more day with a lack of commitment and not meet the measure of our creation."
Author: Glenn L. Pace
9. "The women I knew in those days liked the fact that I had a feminine streak, that I seemed to be sensitive and caring, that I didn't know the names of any NFL teams, that I could make a nice risotto. A lot of straight women love a female sensibility in a man, an enthusiasm that goes right up to, but unfortunately does not quite include, his being an actual woman."
Author: Jennifer Finney Boylan
10. "Greasy food might not be good for your body, but it does wonders for the soul. A healthy diet may prolong your life, but what would you have to live for? What is the point of living to a hundred if you have to subsist on bland food? One may as well die of boredom."
Author: Jessica Zafra
11. "Try to think about more important things,' he said. 'Think about your soul, your character. Think about the freezer. It's a solid block of ice. It needs defrosting. There might a steak in there. Concentrate on things like that. There could be a meal in it."
Author: Jonathan Ames
12. "All day, I watch humans scurry from store to store. They pass their green paper, dry as old leaves and smelling of a thousand hands, back and forth and back again.They hunt frantically, stalking, pushing, grumbling. Then they leave, clutching bags filled with things - bright things, soft things, big things - but no matter how full the bags, they always come back for more. Humans are clever indeed. They spin pink clouds you can eat. They build domains with flat waterfalls.But they are lousy hunters."
Author: Katherine Applegate
13. "If I could communicate only by words on a page, how much more satisfactory I would be!"
Author: Lynn Barber
14. "The holiness of love inspired ordinary men and women to act like angels. It lifted them on wings closer to God."
Author: Nancy Holder
15. "And then there is the most dangerous risk of all -- the risk of spending your life not doing what you want on the bet you can buy yourself the freedom to do it later."
Author: Randy Komisar
16. "For love must be a very foolish thing to look back upon, when it has brought persons born to affluence into indigence, and laid a generous mind under obligation and dependence."
Author: Samuel Richardson
Quotes About Love How I Met Your Mother Pictures